SERENES POKEMON DRAFT LEAGUE: Drafting Thread

Shoblongoo

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shoblongoo said:

Holy shit are we gonna finish this today?

This round at the very least if @Nym decides to not be busy with school most likely.

With the draft coming to a close, I'd like to take a moment of silence for all the undrafted mons that couldn't find a team:

Bisharp, MDiance, Excadrill, Kartana, Magnezone, Mega-Medi, Mew, MPinsir, Tangrowth, Skarmory, TTar, Conk, DNite, Hoopa, Jirachi, Thundurus, MAero, Chandelure, Brobat, Cobalion, Entei, Lucario, Krookodile, Primarina, (M) Sharpedo somehow, Terrakion, Scizor, Alomomomomola, Bee Movie except you die whenever in comes in, Togekiss, Zydog, and Rule 34 Fairy.

What a time to be alive

Yeeaaaahhhhhhhh boy. Final round. Draft dat bottom tier garbage--make it playable if you dare.

1. x-naut
  2. nym
  3. disobeyed cargo
  4. emerson
  5. ether
  6. deltre
  7. shoblongoo
  8. michelaar
  9. michelaar
  10. shoblongoo
  11. deltre
  12. ether
  13. emerson
  14. disobeyed cargo
  15. nym 
  16. x-naut

@X-Naut

Edited by Shoblongoo

so...i've been thinking...

now that we're getting to the end of drafting and into the battle proper--do you guys wanna do this bracket style with winner and loser brackets, or round-robin (i.e. everyone fights everyone once, and at the end of 7 rounds you get your finalists from the W/L record)

...the advantage to doing it round robin is more battles and more chances to use the teams you've all drafted--more games and more fun for everyone, assuming everyone retains interest and stays in.  

...the advantage of doing it bracket style is that if we think people are going to get bored and drop out after a few battles, this lets us actually complete a tournament and bring the games to a close in the near future. (the disadvantage to doing it this way is after all the time and effort you've put into your pools, you don't even get to fight everyone)

I'm leaning towards round-robin, but I'll put it to a vote. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

closing it out with muh boy Ursaring

There goes my double bear core. How am I getting sniped more in PU than any other tier?

Ditto

My vote is 100% for round-robin. All this effort for what, 3 games max? Nah.

@Ether