Fire emblem switch ideas?

PB&J

What do you really wanna see in FE switch in terms of story, gameplay, modes, classes, etc. 

Me personality, i dont see people mention this but they should continue marths story. Maybe it shows what happened after gaiden can maybe have alm and celica in the story. Also it can show the events that happened with tiki and how marth had to go, as she said in her conversation with female robin I believe in awakening.  

Maybe there could be different modes to spice things up. Just a suggestion but imagine a online feature similar to heroes with actual online battles (sounds impossible but I think they could make it work) but you can have more characters that are not even in the story like Fe7 characters for example. Also a new mode where if your unit dies they cant back no matter what even if you reset, idk something like that could work.  I really wanna see them try something new, what do you guys think. 

I want to see a smaller, more focused cast (like, Echoes sized) and just have them really focus on those characters, along with a Triple promotion path a la RD/SoV.

Another idea in my head is to have supports that mechanically works similar to SoV (work within 3 spaces, provide mostly smaller Acc/Avo buffs, etc.), but maybe adding a special skill or ability when A rank is reached? Like, if an A-ranked Cav and mage are fighting next to each other, the Cav's attacks could deal magic damage or something like that.

More than anything, I just want this game to mix some of the cool ideas and concepts that Echoes had with the more streamlined gameplay of conquest.

I don't think returning to Marth and company would be a good idea. Their story ended and there's nowhere left to go. The villains have all been stopped and all countries united under Marth. There's no one left to fight. The stories of the more interesting characters are also resolved rather definitively.

If they return to Archenea it would be best to skip to the very end of Marth's empire, the rise of Grima and how Archenea turned into ylisse.

To be honest, I wish that whole Vampire Emblem "leak" was legit, it was a really cool concept (probably the clearest sign that it's fake; the concept is actually really interesting and far too imaginative for something Nintendo would be capable of thinking up *cough cough*). I would have loved a gothic horror themed fire emblem that didn't focus on dragons and introduced some new, interesting class types. I guess what I hope for the most is that they do something a bit out of the box compared to their normal fire emblem plot formula, but the likelihood of that happening... *sighs* I'd love something that was inspired by a culture that hasn't been explored too far in the game series. Imagine an Arabian themed fire emblem or one with nordic mythology. I feel like there's so much more fire emblem could work with and that it could be executed well in different ways, so why not explore that a bit? 

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think returning to Marth and company would be a good idea. Their story ended and there's nowhere left to go. The villains have all been stopped and all countries united under Marth. There's no one left to fight. The stories of the more interesting characters are also resolved rather definitively.

If they return to Archenea it would be best to skip to the very end of Marth's empire, the rise of Grima and how Archenea turned into ylisse.

Thats true, but maybe his decedents before awakening? But it would be really interesting to have marth maybe in the story to show how he passed or show how it changed like you said. Would  be nice to have him as an unlockable character for battles. I actally do wanna see Marth meet alm and celica tho, i mean they are neighbors, and he need his fame back in the FE community.  

1 hour ago, PB&J said:

Me personality, i dont see people mention this but they should continue marths story. Maybe it shows what happened after gaiden can maybe have alm and celica in the story. Also it can show the events that happened with tiki and how marth had to go, as she said in her conversation with female robin I believe in awakening.  

Maybe there could be different modes to spice things up. Just a suggestion but imagine a online feature similar to heroes with actual online battles (sounds impossible but I think they could make it work) but you can have more characters that are not even in the story like Fe7 characters for example. Also a new mode where if your unit dies they cant back no matter what even if you reset, idk something like that could work.  I really wanna see them try something new, what do you guys think. 

1) We do have a game after Gaiden. Mystery of the Emblem and its remake. Or were you referring to something else? Personally, I don't want to see too much of Marth. Poor boy has been through enough suffering because of war.

2)Different modes- yes. A randomizer or a simple PME mode that can be unlocked as NG+ could be very fun. But the idea to battle people online has been done with Fates and Awakening, and you could technically do it with characters from past games if you recruit through that spotpass thing-a-ma-jig. If you're referring to real time battles, I'm not sure if it would work. Real time battles are prone to having rage quitters and people that may take A LONG TIME to figure out what they're gonna do on the player phase.

10 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

1) We do have a game after Gaiden. Mystery of the Emblem and its remake. Or were you referring to something else? Personally, I don't want to see too much of Marth. Poor boy has been through enough suffering because of war.

2)Different modes- yes. A randomizer or a simple PME mode that can be unlocked as NG+ could be very fun. But the idea to battle people online has been done with Fates and Awakening, and you could technically do it with characters from past games if you recruit through that spotpass thing-a-ma-jig. If you're referring to real time battles, I'm not sure if it would work. Real time battles are prone to having rage quitters and people that may take A LONG TIME to figure out what they're gonna do on the player phase.

What i meant after gaiden is after valentia if you know what I mean. I know about the online battles in fates but I was looking into something that isn't that limited. Like having modes like maybe you choose your favorite unit and your friend and you have to work together on maps. Idk i really believe they can do something great with those kinds of things and not just, well, battles. Maybe take ideas from heroes and make it better? And I really thought the character thing from past games was cool, but I think they could kinda upgrade it. Kinda like fates but eh, not sure it will be like that. 

I would totally go for an Archanean trilogy as you know, but maybe it's a bit too soon.

I wouldn't mind something that focuses more on the political side, as in actually seeing the Lord deal with their court and whatnot, but maybe some people would find that boring? Idk.

I'll take whatever IS gives.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'd like to see such things posted in the correct subforum!

I thought this was of where just were anything FE goes and kind of the main hub. Ill remember to post specifically next time. 

Just get away from Archanea and dragons in general.  Also no more remakes, and stop shoehorning in characters from previous games (Odin, Laslow, and Selena (that last one I had to go back and edit, I even typed in Severa by accident LOL).  Really, IS?  And then shove Marth, Robin and Lucina in -again-...).  IS is getting complacent and it's bothering me, they need to make a fresh world (and that gacha game they released looks like a bad sign of things to come).

Edited by EdeaCreamer

• 3 weeks later...

If they do Avatars again, I kind of hope they do the Pokemon thing where the opposite gender version is a character in the story.

I'd also like if they did the Sacred Stones and Warriors method of a brother/sister duo, where you pick which one is the main Lord. This might not be a popular opinion on this website, but I do think the Lord should be able to at least A support with everyone in the army. Maybe these uncustomizable lords could S support anyone, so that they people who hate Avatars can get be rid of them, and the people who like romancing characters still can. Plus if full voice acting is the direction the series wants to take, it would make things much easier if there isn't a character with any name possible.