Most Powerful Unit in Fire Emblem

Will Bill

Just a random question? Who is the most powerful unit in Fire Emblem, assuming level ups are (example): 10 level ups and a 50 strength growth = plus 5 strength growths. By stats and (if applicable) legendary weapons. I know Ryoma is very powerful but also, so is Lewyn, and even Hector. A list by game would be good to start before going in deeper. Gaiden = Echoes so use Echoes weapons/growths. Same for Shadow dragon and New Mystery.

This isn't a Serious Discussion. ;/

Most powerful, of course, is Canas with a full Nino/Vaida support and Luna.  He'll dish out 102 damage to the face, on crit, and ignores Res.

I’m looking for numbers, not personal experiences. Also, NO SECOND SEALS! This is assuming the character was maxed out in their base class (lv 20) and class growths Are included. From there they are promoted to the next class, Example: Robin from Tactition to Grandmaster, not Dark Mage. Final level up is lvl 20 promoted (40 total level ups).

Edited by Will Bill

Ryoma IMO.

I haven't played that many Fire Emblem games I'm sorry.

Whoops nevermind. How about Donnel then? 

Edited by Ae†her

This probably isn't a valid answer, but Karel from Binding Blade. He has the highest growth rates in the series, and some pretty good bases to boot. Now if he were recruitable at a lower level, he would be an absolute monster.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Most powerful, of course, is Canas with a full Nino/Vaida support and Luna.  He'll dish out 102 damage to the face, on crit, and ignores Res.

Canas is an absolute god in my Blazing Sword playthrough. He tears through everything like it's tissue paper

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

If I recall this right the single most powerful hit in FEwas dealt out by a specifically built Male Morgan. It was over 600 damage. Otherwise I'd say it'd probably be one of the more recent lords due to the higher stat caps then the other games.

It's Kana now, but yeah.

If you're looking for the character with the highest potential, it's probably someone with high bases, low level, and high growth rates. A unit like Est or Nino, maybe. But don't equate "levels up well and has giant stats" with "powerful unit," because they're pretty different.

I don't know if you're including bosses in this, but if you are, and you just want raw numbers, then Grima on Lunatic has a stat total of 429. That is the highest stat total of any character in Fire Emblem that I am aware of.

Rutger: awesome class, hard mode bases, doubles out of the gate, is a crit machine once promoted, supports with 2 other top tier characters who have great affinities

I think one of the biggest problems with determining the most powerful units in any game is that people don't take into consideration relativity - the idea that the flat numbers can't be compared directly between different games.  For example, if you compared the Awakening cast to the Fates cast with the raw numbers without adjusting to Fates lower stat averages and maximums, you might be lead to believe that even the chums of Awakening's cast are stronger than the strongest entities in Fates.

Barring my personal experience of Oboro becoming the god-killing fashionista she was meant to be and Catria being her classic THWOMPtria, of all the games I've played, I'd say that Robin!Lucina is pretty much the best possible unit one can acquire.  Either that, or Chris in New Mystery.

If I'm to do what TC said and measure the raw strength potential by game, the best of the best from what I've played would look like this:

• Shadow Dragon (DS): Wolf (seriously, the dude's totally jacked with an 80% base strength growth, pretty much guaranteeing he'll always be one of the strongest units in this stat); vying for that position would probably be Palla or Est, though you'd really have to work for the latter
  • New Mystery (DS): Est, though you'd have to be insane (or a cheater/doing a PMU/challenge) to pick her over others
  • Awakening: Excluding DLC, it'd be Morgan with a Strength boon Robin and Walhart for parents; this is based purely off of the modifiers for maximum stats, which, by the way, are absolutely ridiculous on this unit
  • Fates: Kagero has the absolute highest strength growth out of anyone in the game, though Corrin technically could beat her out by a single point because you can give him/her a higher maximum stat modifier
  • Echoes: Delthea; funny enough, the game with the lower growth rates has the largest determining factor as such, which bizarrely makes the youngest girl in the game also the strongest one... and even considering max stats, Delthea still has the best strength in the game

I didn't factor in final/penultimate bosses because they obviously have broken stats.

9 hours ago, AlmondJuice said:

This probably isn't a valid answer, but Karel from Binding Blade. He has the highest growth rates in the series, and some pretty good bases to boot. Now if he were recruitable at a lower level, he would be an absolute monster.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I think one of the biggest problems with determining the most powerful units in any game is that people don't take into consideration relativity - the idea that the flat numbers can't be compared directly between different games.  For example, if you compared the Awakening cast to the Fates cast with the raw numbers without adjusting to Fates lower stat averages and maximums, you might be lead to believe that even the chums of Awakening's cast are stronger than the strongest entities in Fates.

Barring my personal experience of Oboro becoming the god-killing fashionista she was meant to be and Catria being her classic THWOMPtria, of all the games I've played, I'd say that Robin!Lucina is pretty much the best possible unit one can acquire.  Either that, or Chris in New Mystery.

If I'm to do what TC said and measure the raw strength potential by game, the best of the best from what I've played would look like this:

• Shadow Dragon (DS): Wolf (seriously, the dude's totally jacked with an 80% base strength growth, pretty much guaranteeing he'll always be one of the strongest units in this stat); vying for that position would probably be Palla or Est, though you'd really have to work for the latter
  • New Mystery (DS): Est, though you'd have to be insane (or a cheater/doing a PMU/challenge) to pick her over others
  • Awakening: Excluding DLC, it'd be Morgan with a Strength boon Robin and Walhart for parents; this is based purely off of the modifiers for maximum stats, which, by the way, are absolutely ridiculous on this unit
  • Fates: Kagero has the absolute highest strength growth out of anyone in the game, though Corrin technically could beat her out by a single point because you can give him/her a higher maximum stat modifier
  • Echoes: Delthea; funny enough, the game with the lower growth rates has the largest determining factor as such, which bizarrely makes the youngest girl in the game also the strongest one... and even considering max stats, Delthea still has the best strength in the game

I didn't factor in final/penultimate bosses because they obviously have broken stats.

This is good: we just need Fe 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Then we can put the final contestants in a big match (perhaps after adjusting stats) and see who rains victorious.

8 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The Black Knight.

Obviously,for this guy, I’ll have to do som thing about his blessed armor, or he’d just kilo everyone.

14 hours ago, AlmondJuice said:

play a binding blade reverse recruitment run, he's the first unit you get and replaces roy as your lord so he starts level 1 so you can see just how beastly he can become

I'll reiterate what I said a few weeks ago in a different thread. 

Orsin

While there are units like Seth, who start out incredibly good, but face stiff competition by the end of the game and/or end up being surpasses completely, and there are units like Athos who are Gotoh archetypes who exist purely to be the absolute strongest unit you'll have, Orsin manages to be both. I cannot think of a single other unit in the franchise who is almost guaranteed to be your best unit in every single chapter in the game(Barring chapters 4-7 where he's not in the party). 

Throught the entire game, from the very first chapter to the very last, he'll consistently double everything. He has the Wrath skill. This means that every fight will have him critting on the second hit. Unless you're tossing him up against enemy units who are just as fast as he is(Not gonna happen until the final chapter) or boosted boss enemies who are supposed to be defeated in specific ways(IE Reinhardt), Orsin is going to one-round damn near every single encounter he's in for the entire game. 

For comparison, here's Orsin's 20/20 stats without giving him a single stat booster or scroll:

HP: 59/80

Str: 19/20

Mag: 3/20

Skl: 20/20

Spd: 20/20

Lck: 20/20

Def: 17/20

Con: 20/20

Mov: 7/20

For comparison, here's the final Gotoh character you get. One of two characters who exist to be OP and be able to take on the biggest challenges in the game by himself. He's the same class as Othin and starts at max level:

HP: 54/80

Str: 20/20

Mag: 9/20

Lck: 17/20

Def: 14/20

Con: 18/20

The only two areas the GOTOH OF THE GAME edges out Orsin is Strength, by one point, and magic(And inconsequential stat for the most part for these two. They would need it as Res, which means Galzus will be better at fighting mages and avoiding staves) by 6. Everything else, Orsin matches or beats Galzus. And that's without tossing in stuff like the Dain or Neir scrolls, which would let Orsin easily cap Def and get an extra point or 2 of Mov, but you'd need to wait to not level Orsin up until mid-game, which defeats the purpose of Orsin's early game effectiveness. 

Granted, Galzus has the BEST movement star rating in the game(Basically meaning that Galzus will have a reasonably high chance of having multiple turns in a player phase) while Orsin has none, but FE5 is more of an enemy phase focused game, and you'll do the vaaaaast majority of your killing there. Galzus also effectively has Aether while Orsin just has guaranteed second hit crits. With how they work in FE5, I'd actually rather have Wrath than Sol and Luna. 

Also, if you look at Orsin's base stats and think "Pfft, there's no way he's more effective than the TWO Jeigans you get in chapter 1", units level insanely fast in this game. Orsin with his chapter 1 prf weapon(Did I mention Orsin also has a prf weapon? It's also one of the best weapons in the game, being a Hand Axe on steroids) and Wrath will tear up all of the slow enemies in the early game, which is filled with slow Knights and Bandits as per usual. He'll start off hitting harder than Eyvale, and he'll be hitting more consistently than Dagdar, thanks to the Pugi's 80% hit rate, and thanks to the game's insanely generous EXP curve, he'll gain levels very quickly, and his growth rates that eclipse both of them will cause a snowball effect to where he'll manage to pass both up on their biggest strengths very quickly. 

He's not even hindered by the 4-5 chapter absence from the game at the start. He'll come back, just as effective as he was when he left. 

Orsin is absolutely insane. Rather than shining in the early-mid game and eventually losing luster, or only becoming a major force in the late game, Orsin dominates his game for the entire duration. 

Edited by Slumber

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'll reiterate what I said a few weeks ago in a different thread. 

Orsin

While there are units like Seth, who start out incredibly good, but face stiff competition by the end of the game and/or end up being surpasses completely, and there are units like Athos who are Gotoh archetypes who exist purely to be the absolute strongest unit you'll have, Orsin manages to be both. I cannot think of a single other unit in the franchise who is almost guaranteed to be your best unit in every single chapter in the game(Barring chapters 4-7 where he's not in the party). 

Throught the entire game, from the very first chapter to the very last, he'll consistently double everything. He has the Wrath skill. This means that every fight will have him critting on the second hit. Unless you're tossing him up against enemy units who are just as fast as he is(Not gonna happen until the final chapter) or boosted boss enemies who are supposed to be defeated in specific ways(IE Reinhardt), Orsin is going to one-round damn near every single encounter he's in for the entire game. 

For comparison, here's Orsin's 20/20 stats without giving him a single stat booster or scroll:

HP: 59/80

Str: 19/20

Mag: 3/20

Lck: 20/20

Def: 17/20

Con: 20/20

For comparison, here's the final Gotoh character you get. One of two characters who exist to be OP and be able to take on the biggest challenges in the game by himself. He's the same class as Othin and starts at max level:

HP: 54/80

Str: 20/20

Mag: 9/20

Lck: 17/20

Def: 14/20

Con: 18/20

The only two areas the GOTOH OF THE GAME edges out Orsin is Strength, by one point, and magic(And inconsequential stat for the most part for these two. They would need it as Res, which means Galzus will be better at fighting mages and avoiding staves) by 6. Everything else, Orsin matches or beats Galzus. And that's without tossing in stuff like the Dain or Neir scrolls, which would let Orsin easily cap Def and get an extra point or 2 of Mov, but you'd need to wait to not level Orsin up until mid-game, which defeats the purpose of Orsin's early game effectiveness. 

Granted, Galzus has the BEST movement star rating in the game(Basically meaning that Galzus will have a reasonably high chance of having multiple turns in a player phase) while Orsin has none, but FE5 is more of an enemy phase focused game, and you'll do the vaaaaast majority of your killing there. Galzus also effectively has Aether while Orsin just has guaranteed second hit crits. With how they work in FE5, I'd actually rather have Wrath than Sol and Luna. 

Also, if you look at Orsin's base stats and think "Pfft, there's no way he's more effective than the TWO Jeigans you get in chapter 1", units level insanely fast in this game. Orsin with his chapter 1 prf weapon(Did I mention Orsin also has a prf weapon? It's also one of the best weapons in the game, being a Hand Axe on steroids) and Wrath will tear up all of the slow enemies in the early game, which is filled with slow Knights and Bandits as per usual. He'll start off hitting harder than Eyvale, and he'll be hitting more consistently than Dagdar, thanks to the Pugi's 80% hit rate, and thanks to the game's insanely generous EXP curve, he'll gain levels very quickly, and his growth rates that eclipse both of them will cause a snowball effect to where he'll manage to pass both up on their biggest strengths very quickly. 

He's not even hindered by the 4-5 chapter absence from the game at the start. He'll come back, just as effective as he was when he left. 

Orsin is absolutely insane. 

You're wrong about one thing. Pugi isn't the best weapon in the game, it's the best weapon in the entire series. The only thing holding it back is a lack of infinite uses (and even then, it has like 50 uses, can be repaired and you can potentially pick up a second).

Othin aside, I doubt much of anything could stand up to a 20/20/20 Alm using Hunters Volley. With the Alm I trained using the Star Jalcinth, he has a 100% crit rate on some of the enemies in Thabes. 100% crit rate from what is essentially a brave weapon from several spaces away. Granted he will probably always be in danger of a mage killing him, but if he strikes first, anything that's not Grima is going down.

Edited by Jotari