Fire Emblem: Online

The_Childish_Psychopath

So while I was writing my trashy love story for Fire Emblem, I decided to take a break and clean my closet.  As I was cleaning all the dust, I noticed a bag of cards behind my clothes.  It turns out it was my Chaotic Trading Cards, a game that I collected but never played because I didn't understand the rules.  (Until now). For those of you who don't know what Chaotic is, it was a game created by 4kids as a way to compete with something like Yu-Gi-Oh by having cards and a cartoon which I also remember fondly.  The premise of the show was a bunch of kids transport their souls? (4kids didn't explain it too well) To a location called Chaotic and compete in a bunch of virtual reality domes that transformed them into the monsters on their cards and battled it out on virtual maps that were also on the cards.  While the show was cheesy and a bit stupid at times, the concept of turning into a character and fighting your friends for fun stuck with me. I talked about it with my brother, and he encouraged me to write it out.

FIRE EMBLEM ONLINE

Plot: In the year 20xx, Intelligent Systems with the help of Paragon Interactive created a new Fire Emblem game for the VR helmet. (I'll think of a better name). Unlike its turn-based strategy counterpart, this was a MOBA where players can turn into their favorite FE characters and battle out in maps from different FE games. It skyrocketed to the point where it has become a sport, and Paragon created a stadium where their championship would take place. Meet Travis, a high schooler and Fire Emblem fan who wishes to compete in the tournament. Join him as he gathers a team of 4 to fight in a battle for fame.

Problem with writing this: My only exposure of Fire Emblem was Fates, and I only played a bit of Echoes but haven't finished it(which I will once I organize my game list). I have never played any of the older games, so this makes it hard to make a team of 4 if they are just going to be characters from the modern titles. I know the answer is to play the old ones, but my biggest question is should I cater to the fan base? (Ex: Gundam Build Fighters catered to theirs with all the Gundam from other series). Or is that a bad idea and I should just write it how I like it to be?

Edited by The_Childish_Psychopath

How badly does this need to be written RIGHT NOW?

If you can wait a bit, play with the older titles.  While there's nothing wrong with the newer characters, the older ones may give you more inspiration.