How likely would it be for the TMS#FE characters to get in?

Corrobin

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If I missed a few, it still seems like FE Warriors has far more FE elements than TMS does.

Not counting OCs, TMS has 29 characters. Warriors has 33. So yes, FEW has more characters than TMS but not by much. Add in the OCs and that brings it up to 36 for TMS and 37 for Warriors.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say the TMS characters would look even more out of place than those seasonals do though.

I disagree, because i look at the TMS outfits and while they do seem "modern", you can still tell that there was FE inspiration. I'm referring to the characters' Carnage Forms. Regular forms, it'd just be Japanese high school outfits, which would be out of place.....but so are Santa Claus outfits so it honestly doesn't matter at this point.

21 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

so now we are switching from a card game to heroes? Where it can take weeks to gather the resources to create even a single hero?

You literally just said 

33 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If they are not still shoving it down our throats anymore that means IS does not care. 

What are the two games that IS loves pushing? Awakening and Fates. If it's not either of those two, then it doesn't get pushed nearly as much. Poor Jugdral gets almost nothing. I mean, it has decent representation in Cipher but according to you, Cipher doesn't matter. And apparently, Heroes representation doesn't matter either since it takes weeks to create a single hero which means that the small representation Jugdral has there can also be thrown out. Again, going by your logic, IS just doesn't care about Jugdral even though i'm 100% that's not the case.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not counting OCs, TMS has 29 characters. Warriors has 33. So yes, FEW has more characters than TMS but not by much. Add in the OCs and that brings it up to 37 for TMS and....37 for Warriors. Holy shit, it's even.

I disagree, because i look at the TMS outfits and while they do seem "modern", you can still tell that there was FE inspiration. I'm referring to the characters' Carnage Forms. Regular forms, it'd just be Japanese high school outfits, which would be out of place.....but so are Santa Claus outfits so it honestly doesn't matter at this point.

I said FE ELEMENTS, not just characters.

I disagree, Robin and Chrom's Christmas outfits didn't really look that Santa-ish to me. Just Christmas themed versions of their normal outfits. Chrom is carrying a sack of gifts, but that's the only thing he has in common with Santa here

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I don't know how else to explain it. I'm sorry. TMS just seems to be a fairly unrelated and unpopular spin-off game that sold badly.

I don't know, I don't know anything about Dragon Quest. But since it wouldn't be a mainline FE game, I can guess it wouldn't have much of a chance. The thing is though, Reinhardt and Olwen ARE from a mainline FE. And IS took a big gamble with them. I don't know if they want to do that with a badly selling, hardly FE-related spin-off.

I'm asking you to connect how the meme popularity from accidental game breakage and style of gameplay of the original affect one another.  Most of Reinhardt's meme popularity is from Heroes, not Thracia.   The Heroes-only fans' exposure to Reinhardt in this hypothetical is entirely unchanged from reality, because they never played the hypothetical DQ-ized FE5 just as they haven't played the actual FE5 in our reality.  

You don't have to know how Dragon Quest plays to answer this question, replace it with literally any genre of game and the question would be the same.  Remember, the story and characters in this hypothetical Thracia are identical to how they are in the actual Thracia.  It's still an interquel to FE4 starring Lief, he's just doing it as a standard turn based JRPG instead of a SRPG.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alright, i misread. I'll give that one to you.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree, Robin and Chrom's Christmas outfits didn't really look that Santa-ish to me.

??????????????????????

latest?cb=20170225173752latest?cb=20171218121825 

Yes, there are elements of their original designs in their Christmas outfits but they are very clearly inspired by Santa. If you can't see that, i don't know what to tell you.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

TMS has just as much FE elements as FEW does.

It has the weapon triangle, it has class changing, it also has the magic triangle (Though expanded to include SMT elements too) and support conversation (Though expanded into big side stories, they serve the exact same purpose as supports in traditional FE). The only thing missing would be the strategy map FEW has, but that isn't even integral to FEW and also wouldn't work in a traditional JRPG.

But basically, TMS has a decent amount of FE elements, not just characters.

I think one reason TMS sold like shit is because it was on a dying console. I feel like the game would sell better if they attempted to Port it to the Switch.... and the advertise the game by putting characters into Heroes.... do I think this is going to happen? Switch port? Maybe. Characters getting into Heroes? Doubt it..... but I would be so thrilled if they did

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I think one reason TMS sold like shit is because it was on a dying console.

That and (this is for the Japanese version) it released literally the day after Christmas, which is the worst day to release anything.

I'd say VERY unlikely which sucks since I'd like to get a TMS version of Tiki as another Dragon refresher, Tsubasa and the other girls are fine AF :) but it sucks it didn't do good enough in sales since I just recently played it (jp version) and liked it....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm asking you to connect how the meme popularity from accidental game breakage and style of gameplay of the original affect one another.  Most of Reinhardt's meme popularity is from Heroes, not Thracia.   The Heroes-only fans' exposure to Reinhardt in this hypothetical is entirely unchanged from reality, because they never played the hypothetical DQ-ized FE5 just as they haven't played the actual FE5 in our reality.  

You don't have to know how Dragon Quest plays to answer this question, replace it with literally any genre of game and the question would be the same.  Remember, the story and characters in this hypothetical Thracia are identical to how they are in the actual Thracia.  It's still an interquel to FE4 starring Lief, he's just doing it as a standard turn based JRPG instead of a SRPG.  

And as I said, I'm not sure how to explain it to you if you don't already get what I said.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

TMS has just as much FE elements as FEW does.

It has the weapon triangle, it has class changing, it also has the magic triangle (Though expanded to include SMT elements too) and support conversation (Though expanded into big side stories, they serve the exact same purpose as supports in traditional FE). The only thing missing would be the strategy map FEW has, but that isn't even integral to FEW and also wouldn't work in a traditional JRPG.

But basically, TMS has a decent amount of FE elements, not just characters.

From what I remember though, most people had no idea this was the SMT x FE game announced like two years before when the first real trailer dropped. I had no idea either, and then I was like "I hardly saw anything FE at all in this and it just looks like some stupid pop singing thing in a modern city."

So while it may have a few FE elements like you mentioned, it still doesn't feel like it's as much FE as FE Warriors is.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That and (this is for the Japanese version) it released literally the day after Christmas, which is the worst day to release anything.

It also was not what people expected at all since we were misled by the teaser trailer.

8 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Whoa, guys, chill.

I was just saying I wanted them in, you don't have to turn this into a full-blown argument.

Wow really?! very petty for someone just asking a question....I'd like them to appear as my previous comment stated.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

From what I remember though, most people had no idea this was the SMT x FE game announced like two years before when the first real trailer dropped. I had no idea either, and then I was like "I hardly saw anything FE at all in this and it just looks like some stupid pop singing thing in a modern city."

So while it may have a few FE elements like you mentioned, it still doesn't feel like it's as much FE as FE Warriors is..

I agree with you there, the PR was shit and TMS was nothing like what anyone expected. However, while in your opinion it doesn't feel like FE, you can't just say it's not an FE game, like you have said, since fundamentally, it is. And because it is an FE game, it shouldn't be ignored.

TMS really could have done well if it was promoted right and was on a good console that wasn't dying and doing shit in terms of sales. From the little I have played and from what I have been told, TMS was a great JRPG and the characters were really well developed and fun. If they did add characters from TMS and decided to port the game to the Switch and promoted it right, TMS would probably do really well.

Also, I feel like your undermining the FE elements it has. It basically has the same amount as FEW minus the strategic map, which like I said before, is not integral to FEW (And also not new to FEW since Hyrule Warriors Legends had it). I gues there is pair up, but you could also say, Ad-Libs are basically TMS's pair up.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Numerous? I don't think Chrom, Tharja, Tiki, Cain, and Caeda are numerous. If I missed a few, it still seems like FE Warriors has far more FE elements than TMS does.

I already explained all I could here. So you can stop asking the same question multiple times.

I'd say the TMS characters would look even more out of place than those seasonals do though.

You're forgetting the likes of Navarre, Draug and Virion. And don't get me started on the villains like Gangrel and Aversa. Anna is the shopowner, Ilyana apparently makes an appearance but I haven't noticed her yet, Abel is there too. There's so many. Heck, even Marth is there in spirit.

As for other FE elements...there's the obvious skills, and whilst they are more SMT based like Zio and whatnot, it's still familiar to FE. The weapon triangle is present, it's turn-based, heck, they even have a form of the support system, in which you unlock the supporting cast's side stories by using them in battle a lot.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The summoner is from the modern world, but they're not wearing modern clothing, they're wearing a white carbon copy of Robin's robe. So his/her clothes were changed to look more the part.

Then I don't know how else to explain it. I'm sorry. TMS just seems to be a fairly unrelated and unpopular spin-off game that sold badly.

I don't know, I don't know anything about Dragon Quest. But since it wouldn't be a mainline FE game, I can guess it wouldn't have much of a chance. The thing is though, Reinhardt and Olwen ARE from a mainline FE. And IS took a big gamble with them. I don't know if they want to do that with a badly selling, hardly FE-related spin-off.

TMS will, in a few years, become a cult classic. I can guarantee you that out of those who played it, they'll say they enjoyed it. There was a poll in the TMS subforum about it, and a majority voted yes, if memory serves.

You really need to either play it yourself, or watch a Lets Play. Don't listen to the naysayers, those who haven't even played it. Yes, we were mislead by the initial announcement, but honestly? Who cares? It's a damn good game, and the music is phenomenal.

8 hours ago, Corrobin said:

I really want them in the game, but I'm afraid that nobody else would like it.

Don’t worry, they’ll come. We have yet to see have all of the lords from the main series in FEH, after all. After Leif gets in, they’ll probably start to go for the spinoffs. The developers do know that there’s some demand for the TMS characters as well as the OCs from Warriors and the ones from Cipher. Speaking of Cipher, the OCs did appear as DLC characters in SoV and that DLC went global so the TMS characters shouldn’t be much of an issue. They just need to get through the main series first. 

TMS could really use a Switch port. Such an underrated game. 

@LauShe works at Cafe Seiren. 

Also, TMS characters looking “out of place”? That “argument” was destroyed when the seasonal units became a thing and we have a witch Nowi riding a broom that passes as a flying unit among other ridiculous things. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I really enjoyed TMS, personally. It's possibly the only game I still have my Wii U for (still trying to get into Xenoblade - I much preferred the first one. Maybe Pikmin 3 but Pikmin 2 was better for me). 

That being said... I'm in two minds if I want the characters in... I really like them, but I still want to see more of the mainstream Fire Emblemers in first. 

That being said, I wouldn't complain to have them in. The guys in the game have great designs, as do the girls, and I loved the alternate forms. I'd be very happy if Yashiro made it in ^.^

They did say at the start, though, that they weren't looking to include TMS. They might change their minds one day, though. Until then, I highly recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to try it. With the Switch out, hopefully the Wii U will drop sharply in price and some might feel tempted ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

I do think TMS (and Warriors and Cipher) characters in Heroes will eventually show up, it's just that they want the game to last several years and they have to focus on the mainline games first.

However, there are several arguments that people seriously need to stop using:

- TMS characters don't fit in FE? Come on, everything became fitting for FEH the minute Spring Xander was released, and that was the very first seasonal batch. Heck, I'll be surprised if we never get Pop Idol Tiki as an alternate, considering FE Warriors is getting a Tiki costume based on it.

- TMS is shit and everyone hates it? The game actually reviewed incredibly well and most of the constant hate comes from people who still refuse to play it.

- TMS sold like shit therefore it's never getting anything ever again? Considering the last Nintendo Direct showed that Nintendo is heavily relying on ports to fill on Switch's release calendar, I wouldn't count TMS out at all. Also, Platinum hinted at a Wonderful 101 Switch port a while back, and that game sold even less than TMS.

I don't think they should be in before Lief. God knows for every TMS fan enjoying their inclusion you'll have someone trying to speak loudly as possible about unfair it that Leif still being in the game.

Looking at my sig, everyone knows where I should stand on the matter!;):

All TMS needs is the 7 playables plus Uta-loid Tiki, a double banner, a TT, and a GHB would take care of this, as I have said before. If IS did this, they could settle 95% of TMS cravings for this game in just one release. All the characters have some unique potential to them, or at the least the potential to be normally good in FEH gameplay.

I love most of the Carnage forms of TMS (Tsubasa and Kiria having the weakest), the gameplay was good. The FE touches were plentiful, and the SMT elements I'm used to as an SMT fan. I will not try to justify the characters as deep or story as good or J-Pop as music to all ears (it isn't to mine).

About licensing fees, why are they such a hurdle? Atlus and Ninty are on good terms are they not? Does the capitalist desire for maximum profit mean Atlus wouldn't be so nice to just like Ninty reuse the TMS crew for a minor or no fee? Don't let Marx be right here (*grabs my Ridersbane just in case he is*)....

2 hours ago, Jave said:

Also, Platinum hinted at a Wonderful 101 Switch port a while back, and that game sold even less than TMS.

I don't belieive that is actually possible xDU... TMS#FE had everything against it to be a failure (bad release time, bad PR, a console so unrelevant to the market that releasing niche titles is a suicide).

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not people who have sigs turned off permanently. :P

I don't know much about TMS other than it's a J-Pop JRPG (a genre I don't really play) and that it looks much nicer design-wise than Warriors. However, given that I had just asked for a rock-based Performing Arts banner, I can hardly turn down the possibility of this just being made into that banner - not that I think many would turn down the chance for four more dancers.

32 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Not people who have sigs turned off permanently. :P

Oh, you're saying you have them off?

Well here is what I mean:

Touma Sprite 1.2.pngTouma Sprite 2.2.png

I got two sprites of Touma Akagi due to a lack of communication mistake. I love 'em both!:D:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, you're saying you do?

Well here is what I mean:

I got two sprites of Touma Akagi due to a lack of communication mistake. I love 'em both!:D:

I don't recognise him, but I'm totally in support of the devil being playable in FEH. Just needs a pitchfork and a pointy tail. :D

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All TMS needs is the 7 playables plus Uta-loid Tiki, a double banner, a TT, and a GHB would take care of this, as I have said before. If IS did this, they could settle 95% of TMS cravings for this game in just one release. All the characters have some unique potential to them, or at the least the potential to be normally good in FEH gameplay.

I was actually thinking about it and your right. They could easily do it like they did with the Alm's Army and Celica's Army Echoes banner and have an Archanean banner (Tsubasa, Touma and Mamori) and an Ylissian banner (Itsuki, Kiria and Eleonora). The GHB could be Yashiro to mirror the Navarre GHB and Uta-Loid Tiki could be a TT reward. This is pretty much all they need to do and they're done.

29 minutes ago, Azz said:

I was actually thinking about it and your right. They could easily do it like they did with the Alm's Army and Celica's Army Echoes banner and have an Archanean banner (Tsubasa, Touma and Mamori) and an Ylissian banner (Itsuki, Kiria and Eleonora). The GHB could be Yashiro to mirror the Navarre GHB and Uta-Loid Tiki could be a TT reward. This is pretty much all they need to do and they're done.

This would probably be the best way to do it. Throw ina Paralogue and a couple of quests, and they're done and dusted.

Anyone know the specifics of IS and Atlus partnership for TMS? What are the rights IS has to the OCs of that game? It seems like they can use them for Cipher, but does it extend further than that?