What's your preferred seasonal aesthetic?

Rafiel's Aria

What do you look for in seasonals?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in seasonals?

• A literal interpretation of the theme (Ex. Spring, Christmas, and NY banners)
    • A vague interpretation of the theme (Ex. Love Abounds)
    • Interpretations of a plausible AU (Ex. Dancer Inigo)
    • A more modern aesthetic (Ex. School uniforms)
    • Fanservice (Ex. Bridal Blessings, Summer banners, Tharja's Christmas bikini)
    • Memes (Ex. Summer Leo)
    • Aesthetic doesn't matter; only skills
    • Aesthetic doesn't matter; just my favorite character
    • Aesthetic doesn't matter; other
    • Insert vague "other" option here

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, never noticed that. The weapon itself is still viable though, just get him some real arrows.

It's fine since ranged combat in FEH happens at a distance of about 10 feet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I've been thinking about it a little, and I don't think I'd mind a more literal interpretation of a theme if it ended up being more avant-garde. (Can something be literal and avant-garde at the same time? XD) I suppose it's a little hard to describe what I mean... I've just been looking into a lot of runway fashion lately, and it got me thinking about how cool/creative costumes could be. Some of that stuff is really, REALLY weird, but I also think it's cool. You could have something that is clearly "summer" without just being a swimsuit. XD

I know that'd never happen. Way too much thought for a silly mobile game. I'd probably kill to see characters like Sully, Oboro, Virion, or Marth in something like androgynous high fashion.

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

You could have something that is clearly "summer" without just being a swimsuit. XD

Camp Firebird? (Featuring a flaming Feh as its logo.) Who gets the Smores Tome?

Summer camp aside, thanks to Performing Arts, I wouldn't rule out the entire possibility of a holiday-free "Runway Runaways" Seasonal featuring stereotypical high end fashion.

I want the outfits to fit the characters and not be generic, but I don't know what poll option(s) that would fall under. Performing Arts and Love Abounds are good, "so-and-so in bunny outfits/swimsuits/random Halloween outfits/Santa outfits" are less favorable. I'm also glad that non-Awakening/Fates characters are getting attention now, and no more Christmas bikinis please. I wrote more on the topic in this post a few months ago.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

No one expected two beach banners.

Honestly I did expect a second beach banner, I thought the first being called "Ylissean Summer" was unusually specific...

In the end, it really doesnt matter as long as its fun and has characters I enjoy. Summer, Christmas, Valentines, all of these are banners I enjoyed. I wouldnt even mind some modern stuff like casual clothes banner (not sure where or how this could be used though). I think the seasonal units are just meant to be fun and silly.

At the same time though, I really liked the tone set with this latest Seasonal banner. It didnt feel super gimmicky, it had reasonable clothing and seemed like a reasonable situation the characters could be in. And the art was really nice for everyone across the board, no real controversial situations like Tharja or Nowi. So if this became more of the regular, with the more "silly" seasonal banners being held back for stuff like the Summer Banners, I would be ok with that.