Male apparel needs to step it up

Junkhead

I mean, yeah, a lot of the time the taste in it can be found in it's mere simplicity. Take slim fit Vs, for example. They can really do one it's justice- but then, it doesn't go too far beyond that...

I don't necessarily mind women having a lot more variety in this department, but I would wish stuff like certain merchandising was more than a brand or logo stamped on the most generic-looking shirts you can find. Would be quite handsome to brandish a Triforce for a change.

#Rant/Observation...thing

EDIT

like you know theres soemthing wrong when i look into chick clothing at times

Edited by Soul~!

Aren't there already triforce shirts???

Anyways, there's not a lot of you can do about this- historically men are rarely used as muses for art and fashion, and it's still like that today. And most western societies don't place too much of a focus on men's fashion because masculinity is ironically fragile, so anything borderline avant garde won't be as successful as it would be with a female muse. Plus, the male anatomy pretty much prevents guys from wearing too many shapes.

I mean, there's a reason why out of the 24 cycles/seasons of America's Next Top Model, there has never been a strictly male seasons (men have competed, but it was a coed competition). It's not only about ratings (because guys wouldn't be entertaining in the first place), but it's also about how there's not a huge emphasis on men's fashion in the first place, at least in the United States.

31 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Aren't there already triforce shirts???

Yeah, and they suck- just like most other shirt merchendise which is basically a stamp on a mediocre-looking shirt.

31 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Anyways, there's not a lot of you can do about this- historically men are rarely used as muses for art and fashion, and it's still like that today. And most western societies don't place too much of a focus on men's fashion because masculinity is ironically fragile, so anything borderline avant garde won't be as successful as it would be with a female muse. Plus, the male anatomy pretty much prevents guys from wearing too many shapes.

Shape has nothing to do with it, at least mot in regards to the epitome of the male shape. Contrary to popular believe, we aren't meant to look like a square, but more like a 'V'. Even disregarding that, I was taking to account things like how it sits on one's upper body, and namely one one's shoulders. This latter is something I very recently realised.

And contrary to popular belief, the spice isn't always in variety. Again, I mention that men can work really well in simplicity,

See, the problem with graphic tees is that the vast, vast, VAST majority of them are utterly tasteless. So even wearing a semi-tasteful one will still look tasteless. Especially gaming related stuff.

It's why solid colors and simple patterns are generally the go-to for "acceptable" male clothing.