Shadows of Valentia Comic Anthology 4Koma Translations (COMPLETE)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Vytautas the Great said:

Aye, but where's the fun in that?

Finding an attractive member of the opposite sex naked on the beach, passed out, no memory, and getting to nurse that hottie back to health? Sounds fun to me lol.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Finding an attractive member of the opposite sex naked on the beach, passed out, no memory, and getting to nurse that hottie back to health? Sounds fun to me lol.

Who is to say she didn't underdress him to clean him off and heal his wounds once he ended up on the beach?

I say that recalling the dating-sim JRPG with a rather distinct gameplay format known as Riviera: The Promised Land, when Ein wakes in Fia's bed up after the events of the first chapter of the game, she and Lina say they washed Ein's dirty clothes and treated his wounds. Ein speaks blushes about them removing his clothes fearing the girls saw his diviner (to use the game's lexicon for Ein's magical sword). Only for Fia to say she didn't look, Ein is relieved, but Fia says something in her head that makes me question whether she was lying or not. (Ein can exact revenge via two perverted bath scenes, but sadly the girls can't exact revenge for revenge as there is no Ein + the males of the village bathing scene.)

I don't ever read comedic materials, "official-ish" like this or wholly fanmade, because I'm too much a stick in the mud, but nonetheless I get a get kick out of reading everyone's responses. And I thank you Kirokan as always for your translation efforts, no matter what they are that is relevant to FE.

On 2/15/2018 at 8:27 AM, Dragoncat said:

And...wow, Gray, really? He's going to fail epicly at that Tarzan impersonation for sure. It'd be more like George of the Jungle. Watch out for that tree! *splat*

If only I had saved that swimsuit Gray FEH sprite someone made! It was so classy, and not just trunks, also an open vest with no shirt underneath, very chill and very cool. It'd work here. Gray looks good, albeit the face in on his official artwork is a bit questionable, fortunately it looks better in his dialogue profile image.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who is to say she didn't underdress him to clean him off and heal his wounds once he ended up on the beach?

Probably did! But she wouldn't have to take his pants and underwear off I don't think...it's not "naked" unless it's well, NAKED. But she could still observe that he had a sexy six pack or looked good or something.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I say that recalling the dating-sim JRPG with a rather distinct gameplay format known as Riviera: The Promised Land, when Ein wakes in Fia's bed up after the events of the first chapter of the game, she and Lina say they washed Ein's dirty clothes and treated his wounds. Ein speaks blushes about them removing his clothes fearing the girls saw his diviner (to use the game's lexicon for Ein's magical sword). Only for Fia to say she didn't look, Ein is relieved, but Fia says something in her head that makes me question whether she was lying or not. (Ein can exact revenge via two perverted bath scenes, but sadly the girls can't exact revenge for revenge as there is no Ein + the males of the village bathing scene.)

Was he worried that she saw the sword he uses to fight enemies or the "sword" he'd use for romantic romps? Lol I see.

If only I had saved that swimsuit Gray FEH sprite someone made! It was so classy, and not just trunks, also an open vest with no shirt underneath, very chill and very cool. It'd work here. Gray looks good, albeit the face in on his official artwork is a bit questionable, fortunately it looks better in his dialogue profile image.

Are you talking about the face in his status screen/crit cut ins? Oh yeah, that face is kinda bad. His nose looks weird.

Edited by Dragoncat

Page 7 is up! Features Delthea messing up things for Luthier, and then a meta joke on how questionable some recovery items (and using them) can be.

16 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Okay those last two had me genuinely laughing. Gray's face is especially priceless!

I'm very happy to hear that! I've seen other comments saying similar things. : )

14 hours ago, eclipse said:

What is Genny going to write?  I'm scared!

Thanks for doing these, they're hilarious!

You're welcome! Thank you for reading!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't ever read comedic materials, "official-ish" like this or wholly fanmade, because I'm too much a stick in the mud, but nonetheless I get a get kick out of reading everyone's responses. And I thank you Kirokan as always for your translation efforts, no matter what they are that is relevant to FE.

I don't think that makes you a "stick in the mud." : ) I'm glad you enjoy reading responses and still comment though! And you're most welcome! I feel at home doing FE translations --especially the things that don't make it over (which is still quite a few things huh?)

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Gray has to be my favourite character in this comic so far, he`s hillarius. Kinda wish they tried to do something different with Faye, but it`s not a big deal.

It figures they'd play up that aspect of Faye since her inception, huh? But it'd definitely be interesting if they found a way to include her in humor without playing that aspect up indeed! Let's see if anything comes in the future!

Yeah I wondered about the recovery items lol! Python LOVES raw meat, I know that for a fact, I fed it to him and he thought it was delicious. That'd make a funny scenario too. Possibly even funnier than the flour joke.

Poor Luthier! He has kitty friends though xD He says he had "a most splendid relationship with one of the cats" in a base conversation.

Poor Luthier. At least the cats in the game seem to like him, and hey Alm is his friend...right? The healing items one is funny to think about and kind of makes me want to do something like that, but I'm a hoarder so I always have some type of good food to feed them...or not since they can totally tank that attack...

Page 8 is up! That ends the first chapter/first half of them! We get a stab at Luthier being friendless once again --as well as a creepy Faye once again to wrap things up!

On 2/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, Dragoncat said:

Yeah I wondered about the recovery items lol! Python LOVES raw meat, I know that for a fact, I fed it to him and he thought it was delicious. That'd make a funny scenario too. Possibly even funnier than the flour joke.

Poor Luthier! He has kitty friends though xD He says he had "a most splendid relationship with one of the cats" in a base conversation.

I do wonder if we'll see something like that in the future! Delthea probably doesn't count the cats xD

19 hours ago, Vytautas the Great said:

So you're back @Kirokan! Love your Fates and Awakening translations; keep up the good work!

I've been around but haven't done comics in awhile! Nice to have returning fans!

12 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Poor Luthier. At least the cats in the game seem to like him, and hey Alm is his friend...right? The healing items one is funny to think about and kind of makes me want to do something like that, but I'm a hoarder so I always have some type of good food to feed them...or not since they can totally tank that attack...

See today's comic! xD

5 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

That healing items one was pretty funny. For some reason, Celica looks so cute in that last panel, and I don`t know why.

They did draw her pretty cute for someone suffering! xD

Page 9 is up! It's the first page of Chapter 2 of the 4komas, under a new artist! Today's features more Faye and Alm love, though much cuter rather than creepy!

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

DWfBURCWkAATf8I.jpg

Mmm, yep, this is gonna be my new profile pic for a while.

Perfect xD

21 hours ago, X-Naut said:

The weapon icon censorship was priceless.

I'm glad someone noticed and found it amusing xD

Yes, we finally got cute Faye for once. As much as i like her, i wish she was more like that in the actual game, even if her A-Support with Alm was good.

Also, these comics in general really make me wish SoV had more Supports, since most characters ended up with like only two Supports. Seeing these comics is like seeing the Support Conversations that never made it into the actual game.

Edited by Armagon

Page 10 is up! Celica's team gets the focus as they poke fun at the animated scene with her and Alm. The second comic pokes fun at the Temple of Mila map design (and a silly Nomah)

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes, we finally got cute Faye for once. As much as i like her, i wish she was more like that in the actual game, even if her A-Support with Alm was good.

Also, these comics in general really make me wish SoV had more Supports, since most characters ended up with like only two Supports. Seeing these comics is like seeing the Support Conversations that never made it into the actual game.

That's a nice way to look at it! You get silly supports out of it this way : )

18 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I must say that the one with the flour is probably my favorite so far

It seems to be a favorite among many so far! (Me included xD)

12 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

I still find this Faye creepy...Her whole world really does revolve only around Alm and I find that very creepy and depressing.

Indeed, I found it pretty depressing because of how genuinely happy she looks with that indirect confession xD (And it flying over his head)

Edited by Kirokan

Scientists still can't figure out how Nomah got across when the Sluice Gate was closed.

Though i do have a question regarding that second comic. Celica says water isn't flowing from the spring even though it clearly is, since Nomah was able to drink and wash his face with it. Is it that Celica just doesn't see it or is it a translation error?

That might be slightly out of character for Celica to threaten her friends with fire magic, but whatevs xD

@Armagon 

Scientists still can't figure out how Nomah got across when the Sluice Gate was closed.

Either he swam or parted the water like Moses or the people there let him through?

Edited by Dragoncat

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Though i do have a question regarding that second comic. Celica says water isn't flowing from the spring even though it clearly is, since Nomah was able to drink and wash his face with it. Is it that Celica just doesn't see it or is it a translation error?

Simple. There's water in the basin, but no new water is flowing into it.