Shadows of Valentia Comic Anthology 4Koma Translations (COMPLETE)

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Scientists still can't figure out how Nomah got across when the Sluice Gate was closed.

Though i do have a question regarding that second comic. Celica says water isn't flowing from the spring even though it clearly is, since Nomah was able to drink and wash his face with it. Is it that Celica just doesn't see it or is it a translation error?

I took a look at it again and see where I got it slightly mixed up. I edited that bit to make it more clear xD Thanks!

1 hour ago, RedRob said:

Simple. There's water in the basin, but no new water is flowing into it.

That's what I had thought too so didn't think too hard on it, but looked it over and realize my wording was a little mixed. I fixed it regardless so thanks! : )

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first one to feature Celica it was pretty good. (Added my thoughts on page 11 here too)

I like how Leon and even Kamui commented on the scene. Celica`s reaction is what I expected. Mae and Celica were so cute in the second strip.

Genny, as always is adroable, except for in that third panel. And the last one has me concerned about who Genny has in mind and the fate of the people involved. That second strip gave us a "interesting" take on Genny and Sonya`s support. Boey`s reaction is priceless

Edited by Metal Flash
Page 11

I noticed that Chapter 3 in the scanlation accidently have Alm said Clair's name with a typo with an E added under in the both of the scenes that needs to be fixed.

Also, that Nightmare scene of Alm with Faye doing devilish things to not resurrect his friends is terrifying and plus, I kinda wondered why Genny said Nomah is too young since he's actually 72 years old, I don't know if Genny realized Nomah is an old man? And kinda think about it, did anyone see Tatiana blushing when Genny told about her ideas for her novel and change something for Zeke to make it appeal to her future fans.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:44 AM, Dragoncat said:

That might be slightly out of character for Celica to threaten her friends with fire magic, but whatevs xD

I'm pretty sure that's more of comical relief than just a threat since Saber, Kamui, and Leon probably weren't allowed to see Celica's moment with Alm and it would embarrassed her infront of her comrades.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure that's more of comical relief than just a threat since Saber, Kamui, and Leon probably weren't allowed to see Celica's moment with Alm and it would embarrassed her infront of her comrades.

Which is why I said whatevs. I know it's for comedy purposes.

Whoops realized I forgot to mention that Page 11 is up! But you all seem to have noticed anyway xD

17 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I noticed that Chapter 3 in the scanlation accidently have Alm said Clair's name with a typo with an E added under in the both of the scenes that needs to be fixed.

Also, that Nightmare scene of Alm with Faye doing devilish things to not resurrect his friends is terrifying and plus, I kinda wondered why Genny said Nomah is too young since he's actually 72 years old, I don't know if Genny realized Nomah is an old man? And kinda think about it, did anyone see Tatiana blushing when Genny told about her ideas for her novel and change something for Zeke to make it appeal to her future fans.

Yep! I slapped my forehead when I kept making sure I put no E's in Clair and there it appeared so naturally xD I made a note on my blog that it'll be fixed in the final run : )

By "too young" she's talking pure age rather than appearance, and so to build up to the comical punchline about her aiming as high as Duma (and beyond) xD And indeed, more a comical threat than an in-character threat on Celica's part.

Exaggerations everywhere!

Edited by Kirokan

New page is up! This one I had to research to realize the joke they were making in the first panel, and it just involves Fernand's inventory (Bread on first encounter, Honey on second, and only an Iron Lance on third xD)

The other one just answers what happens when you leave a spring alone it seems xD

12 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

so wait, if you leave a spring alone it empties itself?

I don't think it actually does (as far as I know!) so that's probably just for this particular gag. xD

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Conrad food masks confirmed for the next wave of DLC.

This.

Silly boy! You stick the cheese in the bread and make a fancy mask! xD

Also Luthier is not lame, he's just antisocial lol.

Man reading these comics are making me dislike Conrad more and more. He has to be one of the most adorable guys in FE, but his whole gimmick being that he has a different personality when he puts on a mask is weird. On its own I can justify it by saying that he can't act like a dork while trying to play up the mysterious knight angle (like a dork haha). However, the fact that Celica tries so hard to hide the dorkiness (even though it is flipping adorable), and this makes him carry around a mask he no longer needs just to please her is annoying. He doesn't seem to mind because he is a siscon but that just bothers me.

I still really love them though, and thank you for translating them!

Edited by YingofDarkness

New page is up! Faye roasts some of the others, and Alm shows a passive aggressive side. xD

14 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Man reading these comics are making me dislike Conrad more and more. He has to be one of the most adorable guys in FE, but his whole gimmick being that he has a different personality when he puts on a mask is weird. On its own I can justify it by saying that he can't act like a dork while trying to play up the mysterious knight angle (like a dork haha). However, the fact that Celica tries so hard to hide the dorkiness (even though it is flipping adorable), and this makes him carry around a mask he no longer needs just to please her is annoying. He doesn't seem to mind because he is a siscon but that just bothers me.

I still really love them though, and thank you for translating them!

It is kind of strange huh? But like complaints for Faye show too, they really play up those aspects to those characters huh? (In fact the latest comic has Faye grilling some of the others for their "main traits" too xD)

10 hours ago, Kirokan said:

New page is up! Faye roasts some of the others, and Alm shows a passive aggressive side. xD

It is kind of strange huh? But like complaints for Faye show too, they really play up those aspects to those characters huh? (In fact the latest comic has Faye grilling some of the others for their "main traits" too xD)

True. At least this one with Faye got a chuckle out of me. I love the shoujo eyes they gave her for that one panel too.

No new page today as I was translating the latest FE Heroes comic, but I should have the second last page up tomorrow. : )

23 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Kek. All these chapters are good memes. Pure gold. Thank you very much for translating these!

You're welcome! Thank you for reading!

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I think everybody pitchforks Clive! I neglected to get the pitchforks though, didn't figure out where to get them early enough, derrrrppp!

I didn't even know they existed xD

Sorry for a bit of a gap! Got super busy, but I finished the last two pages --making this project complete! Bulk download will be up later on as I do a final edit run to fix some things!

On 3/1/2018 at 9:34 AM, Captain Karnage said:

who was Genny referring to in her comic?

Probably some other Fire Emblem deities we see appear in other games and the like. xD