Possible Spyro Trilogy Remake?

Azz

It's nice to see Spyro back, I never played the game fully but I do remember having the demo disc that included Spyro's first few levels.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It's nice to see Spyro back, I never played the game fully but I do remember having the demo disc that included Spyro's first few levels.

I miss those weird promotional demo disks they used to give out. 

I don't think I've had chain pizza since Domino's/Pizza Hut stopped giving those out. 

20 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I miss those weird promotional demo disks they used to give out. 

I don't think I've had chain pizza since Domino's/Pizza Hut stopped giving those out. 

I love Dominos still haha, but yeah I get you, at least Nintendo seems to be trying something with the new Mario Tennis? Basically a free week or so to try the game out before it comes out. They did similar with ARMS and Splatoon and I hope it becomes a common thing.

Edited by Jedi

Nintendo UK fucked by accidentally confirming it is coming to the Switch.

Spoiler

DaCrzlBU8AAdI7s.jpg

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-nintendo-switch/spyro-the-dragon-remastered/11722150.html

They removed it but still. As for a date, it could be the 21st of September like with the PS4 version but still unknown.

I love how fluid Spyro moves. I can tell just by how he turns this game will feel much better than the original to control.

Surprised to see just footage from Spyro 1. The sequels are more cinematic and better suited to a trailer.

Oh, so it's finally comfirmed.

Ah, too bad I don't have a PS4, to get both it and N Sane Trilogy. Perhaps one day... or get PC versions. Though my current one is already at the point where most new games are already beyond its specs capabilities. Oh well...

Well, it turns out Ninty don't get to control their announcment. :P

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I love how fluid Spyro moves. I can tell just by how he turns this game will feel much better than the original to control.

Surprised to see just footage from Spyro 1. The sequels are more cinematic and better suited to a trailer.

Yeah, that's something that I really noticed, particularly in the Toasty footage. That will be great.

I assume they just want to start with  showing the first game and not get things too mixed up, might be they're not making the gameplay all the same and there's no hover in the first game (funnily, the last one I played or finished). They also spoiled the endgame for it on the site, an odd tidbit I've seen there.

Well knowing this coming to Switch is good, even if the announcement was an unofficial accident. If not for the holidays, then when my Switch desires are in a drought.

Sadly, most of my Spyro memories are the Gamecube's Enter the Dragonfly, which now I read was rushed and horribly botched. I think I still have the game actually. Should I relive the horror I didn't truly know to abhor as a kid?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well knowing this coming to Switch is good, even if the announcement was an unofficial accident. If not for the holidays, then when my Switch desires are in a drought.

Sadly, most of my Spyro memories are the Gamecube's Enter the Dragonfly, which now I read was rushed and horribly botched. I think I still have the game actually. Should I relive the horror I didn't truly know to abhor as a kid?

Some memories are best left dead at the bottom of a deep lake. 

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah Enter the Dragonfly. I have it for the PS2 and also didn't know how bad it was until I grew up. Maybe we should replay it, so we can truly appreciate the remakes.

Going to replay Enter the Dragonfly is folly.

It's a good thing my disk broke, but even still I know it wouldn't be a fun ride, having tried even 2 years after getting it.

That game is when I realised just how disappointing something could be and I credit it for my cynicism.

God, I remember playing Ripto's rage so much. Can't remember where we got it from, but it was the one spyro game we owned. I remember 100% the game, then discovering that you could start a new game with the 100% bonus.

I hope they lower the difficulty on the Bonus World's Yeti Race in the Spyro 3 selection on the Spyro Reignited Trilogy to not make it tedious like in the original game. I had trouble beating those darn Yetis in the race with those tricky stunts when I was playing the game as a kid back then. Otherwise, I might get the Spyro Reignited Trilogy incase until they announce it for the Nintendo Switch since I only did played Spryo 3: Year of the Dragon and 4: Enter the Dragonfly.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 4/10/2018 at 8:25 PM, Inferno lizard said:

God, I remember playing Ripto's rage so much. Can't remember where we got it from, but it was the one spyro game we owned. I remember 100% the game, then discovering that you could start a new game with the 100% bonus.

Yeah, it's fun going back through the game and seeing how utterly you can bork it. Boss fights become a joke, you no longer have to track down certain powerups, and you don't have to wait to learn the Headbash.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:00 AM, King Marth 64 said:

I hope they lower the difficulty on the Bonus World's Yeti Race in the Spyro 3 selection on the Spyro Reignited Trilogy to not make it tedious like in the original game. I had trouble beating those darn Yetis in the race with those tricky stunts when I was playing the game as a kid back then. Otherwise, I might get the Spyro Reignited Trilogy incase if they announce it for the Nintendo Switch since I only did played Spryo 3: Year of the Dragon and 4: Enter the Dragonfly.

Well there's some good news on that front earlier in this thread, though no idea when it's out. Expect an official announcement when Nintendo feel like it.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well there's some good news on that front earlier in this thread, though no idea when it's out. Expect an official announcement when Nintendo feel like it.

Umm... I already did saw the leak from the official Nintendo of Europe website that they accidently showed off the game is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Umm... I already did saw the leak from the official Nintendo of Europe website that they accidently showed off the game is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

I assumed you hadn't based on your comment. My apologies.

• 4 months later...

So, bad news.

They've delayed the release to November 13th. Blog post on dev site here.

There's also an interesting point with the physical copies that the later two games would have to be downloaded with only the first game on disk. This might not be the case with this delay, no specifics mentioned in the post.

Edited by Dayni

I think delaying it was a very smart move on Toys for Bob's part (and good on Activision for letting them do so). What better way to solve a controversial issue like forced extra data downloads than by avoiding the issue altogether. TfB has said they really care about making sure the game is polished and ready before release. They care for this as much as Sakurai cares for Smash. Might be stretching it a bit there, but so far they've earned my respect and patience. I will gladly wait till November. I just hope the supposed Switch port doesn't take a year to release like Crash did.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I know this is a necropost but I hope that this won't be as controversial considering the game's finally out for the past week.

Regardless, I've been having a blast so far (except for Toasty. Those dogs deserve to be in among the worst random enemies.). Movement's as smooth as in the trailers, though how Spyro bounces off walls can be a bit weird at times and there's places where I've found walls where there shouldn't be. Cheats are even in the game, though how many aren't in still confuses me.

And yes, unfortunately 2 and 3 have to be downloaded still. I still want a version which doesn't do this but hey Reignited's still great so far (even if I've seen the inside of Spyro's head when the camera dived right in).