What alternate units would you like to see?

Jotari

Heroes has some fun giving us units outside of the base class they had in their game, but something that still makes sense, like Ranger Lyn or Dancer Inigo. What other units would you like to see in more esoteric classes? Here's a few examples.

*Archer Alm, this one's a bit obvious. To the extent that I fully expect to see it some day.

*Maltet Eliwood. The ship might have sailed on this one considering the new Love Abounds Eliwood uses Lance's, but I would still like to see it happen.

*Red mage Roy. I think it would just suit his personality really well. Sure, there's that one support where Cecilia said he was bad at magic, but I just take that to mean he's already tried it out.

*Emperor Alvis. This is another one that seems obvious. Do we have any armoured mages yet? I think maybe we do for some generic enemies. Regardless, it would be interesting.

*Manakete Julius. Probably my most out there simuggestion (considering we haven't even got regular Julius yet). But wouldn't it be amazing to play as a version of Julius that can outright transform into Loptyr? I know I'd love it.

Edited by Jotari

Wing spear Caeda. Come on, IS.

Axe flier or even dracoknight Palla. She is described as the closest to Minerva.

Tome flier Catria. Awakening’s DLC was a thing.

Staff flier Est. Poor girl always feels so useless. Not anymore!

I feel like Lance Chrom is a given, especially with CYL Lucina having a lance.

Light Mage Lucius because why does he have a Staff?

This one will never happen but Ballistican Takumi

Sword Jaffar 

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Do we have any armoured mages yet?

We do but literally all of them are Seasonals.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wing spear Caeda. Come on, IS.

Axe flier or even dracoknight Palla. She is described as the closest to Minerva.

As much sense as wing spear Shiida would make, in execution, it seems like it would just be a blue version of current Shiida (not that there would be anything wrong with that though). Flying staff bot would be nice.

* Sword of Seals Zelgius. Because of the manga.

*Axe Lilina. Because why the hell not XD She's Hector's daughter after all.

*Falchion Rudolf. Another one we haven't got the vanilla form yet. Hell maybe they'll even make this his first version. Still questioning why they didn't acutally let him use swords in Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Sword of Seals Zelgius. Because of the manga.

You mean Zephiel.

Also re: Caeda, like I even care that the wing spear will double up on the now-existing wing sword. Even Warriors gives her her signature weapon back!

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

*Axe Lilina. Because why the hell not XD She's Hector's daughter after all.

Coupled with Hector as an archsage wielding Forblaze. I need this to happen.

Edited by Vaximillian

56 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Rinkah with blue tome. Because Oni chieftain can use tome.

Why not red tome? Would fit the fire motif better.

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You mean Zephiel.

Also re: Caeda, like I even care that the wing spear will double up on the now-existing wing sword. Even Warriors gives her her signature weapon back!

Coupled with Hector as an archsage wielding Forblaze. I need this to happen.

I most certainly do mean Zephiel. But on the subject of Zelgius,

*Wishblade Zelgius, with a map in which he references Levail.

*Rapier Ephraim (he taught Eirika after all).

Edited by Jotari

Anything Marth.

Dracoknight Caeda would be cool too (With Wing Spear of coarse)

Refresher Tiki (Basically TMS Tiki) Must have Tiki Emblem

Light Mage Lucius

Sword Celica

Das about it.

I would have liked if they gave Celica Beloved Zofia as a skill that acted like Close Counter targeting the lower of Res or Defense. After all, the big appeal is that she can do sword and magic at the same time. Give her just a sword and I'd be wishing I can do magic at the same time (although, Ragnarok Omega acting like a suped up Distant Counter at the cost of some HP could scratch that itch on a sword Celica).

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Anything Marth.

Dracoknight Caeda would be cool too (With Wing Spear of coarse)

Refresher Tiki (Basically TMS Tiki) Must have Tiki Emblem

These.

Xane in anyway shape or form.

Ice Blade Leo.

Kaze and Rinkah.

Axe Maria, because why not?

A seasonal Ike, preferably a summer one showing off all his muscles from RD. :D

A flying healer or flying mage Elincia.

A lance or sword Frederick since he can canonically use the whole weapon triangle, preferably both so we can have him in every color! lol

Ephraim on a horse, hopefully via the CYL version he's getting.

Sword Hector for CYL, even though I know we have a ton of sword units already...

Any singer on a horse, preferably a male. Yeah, I know this could be broken because horses are already good, but I'd still love it. :P

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Any singer on a horse, preferably a male. Yeah, I know this could be broken because horses are already good, but I'd still love it. :P

It is not that broken anymore. Infantry and armor units got better skills now and a lot of maps have trenches that help slow down cavalry units.

I still avoid cavalry leaders in Arena in general, but if the score they give me is really good, I would not mind taking it, unless it is during a week with that parallel verticle bridge map, then I just avoid all cavalry leads.

- - - - - - -

Personally, I want to see more waifus, so F!Corrin with a sword and red F!Robin with Nosferatu and Close Counter.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

It is not that broken anymore. Infantry and armor units got better skills now and a lot of maps have trenches that help slow down cavalry units.

I still avoid cavalry leaders in Arena in general, but if the score they give me is really good, I would not mind taking it, unless it is during a week with that parallel verticle bridge map, then I just avoid all cavalry leads.

I disagree, I still find harder maps easiest with my horse team.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A seasonal Ike, preferably a summer one showing off all his muscles from RD. :D

A flying healer or flying mage Elincia.

Yes!

I'd love a blue tome or colorless summer Ike, either POR or RD as long as Senri Kita draws him. Even though he has 3 versions already none are seasonal so I think it's still fair.

Flying healer Elincia, hopefully not looking as young as the one we already have.

No idea who could be the male horse singer but it would be a great addition to my team XD

2 hours ago, Kaen said:

Yes!

I'd love a blue tome or colorless summer Ike, either POR or RD as long as Senri Kita draws him. Even though he has 3 versions already none are seasonal so I think it's still fair.

Flying healer Elincia, hopefully not looking as young as the one we already have.

No idea who could be the male horse singer but it would be a great addition to my team XD

I see you don't care as much about Frederick, but oh well, I know I'm like the only person that absolutely loves him. :P Ephraim's pretty popular though, kinda surprised you didn't say yes to him, but I have met the occasional person that doesn't like him, so... Sword Hector for CYL seems like a given though.

Anyway, yeah, I want either her or Suekane Kumiko to draw Ike. Kumiko did Freddy's art for both his versions and DAMN she can draw muscles! Freddy's abs are gorgeous! <3

I think Elincia's current art is fine though, even if it's not one of my favorite artists.

Well, as said above, Elphin could to it, or Shigure as well, if he got another version. Nils also is a possibility, even though he technically doesn't sing, he plays an intstrument.

Edited by Anacybele

A Nohrian King Leo from post-Birthright (wielding Divine Brynhildr I guess) would be the one at the top of my list that or just another alternate Leo in general since that one couldn't possibly be more mediocre than either of his existing versions. Though for the sake of fairness, Hoshidan Queen Hinoka from post-Conquest would be interesting to see as well. Perhaps she could wield Waterwheel (S rank naginata from Fates for those not aware)?

A Hoshidan King Ryoma and/or a Nohrian King Xander would be pretty legit too.

Just Monk!Lucius. That's literally all I want from this game. XD Give him a tome. Let him be the glorious unit he deserves to be. Or you could give him a weapon refine that makes him a colorless mage. I'm cool with that too.

I'll add Lachesis to the list too. I don't know much about her, but she's in the same boat as Lucius, so why not? They gotta stick together.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'll add Lachesis to the list too. I don't know much about her, but she's in the same boat as Lucius, so why not? They gotta stick together.

Lachesis is of the Princess class when she joins unpromoted in FE4. The class is infantry that can use Swords and Staffs (but only of the C rank- the lowest in FE4).

While Staffs are useful and the quickest way of getting Lachesis EXP, she has only a 5% Magic growth. Lachesis however has Minor Hezul Blood, which lets her use up to A Swords, so everything not Tyrfing, Mystletainn, and Balmung. The Hezul Blood also gives her a 50% Str growth, the highest growth she has besides HP, her other growths outside of Luck are bad. 

Her starting items are a Heal and the Miracle Sword, a females-only Sword with Miracle in it. Miracle in FE4 gives (11-remaining HP)x10 Avoid when HP falls below 11 for one full turn. So get her down to 4 HP for instance, and she gets a 70 Avoid boost for one turn, pretty broken if arranged right.

Lachesis also promotes to the famed Master Knight class, which I think speaks for itself.

Caps:

Master Knight 80 HP 27 Str 22 Mag 27 Skl 27 Spd 30 Lck 27 Def 22 Res

Promotion bonuses:

Princess Master Knight +7 Str +0 +7 Skl +4 Spd +7 Def +0

And the starting/fixed weapon ranks: (the C is Light and the no rank" - "is Dark, the rest are all the physical weapons, Anima Magic, and Staffs)

Master Knight A A A A A A A C A

Did I mention the horse, which is of a course a big boon in FE4 as it is in almost any game?

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Just this lol 

You made me want it now >.<

He did once ride a horse...

Spoiler

Elphin:
“Percival. It is good to see you again.”

Percival:
“!! You…”

Elphin:
“Have you forgotten my face?”

Percival:
“No…it cannot be. The prince…is dead.”

Elphin:
“…I understand your confusion. After all, a man who was pronounced dead is now standing before your very eyes.”

Percival:
“Prince Mildain! You were alive…?”

Elphin:
“I have troubled you for a long time now. …It has been over a year since I was assassinated.”

Percival:
“Assassinated!? Your Majesty, did you not fall off your horse in an accident?”

Elphin:
“No. I was shot with a poisoned arrow. First to my horse…and then to me.”

Percival:
“No…”

Elphin:
“Douglas noticed first and made it public that I had been killed. A different corpse was placed in the coffin, and everything was set up as if the assassination had been successful. Douglas then entrusted me to his adopted daughter and let me escape to the Western Isles.”

Percival:
“Lord Douglas did that…”

Elphin:
“Even after I escaped to the west, I suffered from a high fever caused by the poison for many months. I was hovering between life and death so long that Douglas’ daughter gave up hope countless times.”

...it didn't end well. It left him quite fragile indeed.

Spoiler

Douglas: Prince Mildain…! What is wrong!? Your eyes…?
Elphin: That voice… Is it Douglas?
Douglas: Can you not see, your Majesty? I thought your eyes had recovered…
Elphin: I still temporarily go blind sometimes… I will be fine once I rest for a while.
Douglas: …I heard that the side effects of the poison had blinded you for several months… Forgive me, my prince… If only I had been on my guard, you would never have suffered this horrible fate…

Given Jugdrali Bards use magic, I'd think Elffin would also be a magic user, since he can't Breath it like Nils.

And nobody has said has said Florete!Mist yet.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

One of these with an Angel Ring skill (Catria starts with one in Gaiden/SoV, Est has one in her Minerva Support in NM) would be neat. Not sure what to make Angel Ring do though. Obviously not growths, but since Luck plays a role in determining critical hit rates in Valentia, perhaps something affecting Specials?