Heroes' Success's Impact on Main Series Development

Landjager

Heroes' Success's Impact on Main Series Development  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Has the Success of "Heroes" Slowed Mainline Development?

• Yes; Nintendo/IS realized gacha games are the real breadwinners, so they are focusing on Heroes.
    • No; Nintendo recognizes FE as a major series now and has diverted enough funds to continue development of both at the same pace.
    • No; Nintendo/IS has always intended and still intends for Heroes to just be a spin off for fans to play in between main series releases. If anything, Heroes' development will slow.

I don't think there's any indication whatsoever that they'll ditch mainline FEs. 

As much money as Heroes makes, they NEED mainline FEs to keep it going and drum up interest. And similarly, they now have and AMAZING advertising tool at their disposal for Fire Emblem that many, many people use. 

I think Nintendo knows that it's best to keep both Heroes updated, and mainline FEs coming out to support each other. Ditching one for the sake of the other probably isn't good for profits(Obviously Heroes is the bigger cash cow, but businesses always strive for more profit).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, they'll focus more on the development of a main game until release, then put more attention back onto Heroes.

But the most obvious thing is, Heroes has provided them with a shit ton of more money, now I don't know how businesses and finances work, but to me, more money = more freereign with a game. They'll be able to make it look better, full voice acting won't be a problem, beautiful cutscenes, so on so forth.

But idk. I see no reason why IS would favour Heroes over a mainline game.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Like people said, Heroes can't really run without the main series since without new games, they'd eventually run out of characters to add. They'd just have to make a ton of OCs. We would no longer see characters already from other FE games.

Bringing me back to what I said before. They’re going to release it, but there’s no rush since there’s plenty of characters to add from past games, and because Heroes is making more money than FE16 could hope to. 

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

Bringing me back to what I said before. They’re going to release it, but there’s no rush since there’s plenty of characters to add from past games, and because Heroes is making more money than FE16 could hope to. 

There's so much wrong here I can't....first of all already underestimating FE16 (which obviously hasn't had any info/marketing yet which it definetly will be pushed alot once shown) because a F2P gacha games is making money off getting literally separate bits of data which isn't required. Second just because they still have characters to add doesn't mean hype can still be maintain for so long which dies down very fast. Third the app games is still alive because of the games adding same characters but different looks and classes can go far till it gets stale. The app is meant as a magnet to buy new games as to also extend the life of Heroes until they decide to pull the plug.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

There's so much wrong here I can't....first of all already underestimating FE16 (which obviously hasn't had any info/marketing yet which it definetly will be pushed alot once shown) because a F2P gacha games is making money off getting literally separate bits of data which isn't required. Second just because they still have characters to add doesn't mean hype can still be maintain for so long which dies down very fast. Third the app games is still alive because of the games adding same characters but different looks and classes can go far till it gets stale. The app is meant as a magnet to buy new games as to also extend the life of Heroes until they decide to pull the plug.

The grammatical errors here make it a little confusing to understand what you’re saying, but I’ll do my best. 

First of all, it is a known fact that Freemium cashcow games earn more money in the long run than games that people will only buy once. This is why Valve hasn’t cared to make HL3. Dota, CS:GO, and TF2 all yield larger profits than a single buy game like HL3 could hope to make. It could also be why it is currently February and we haven’t heard squat about FE16. 

Secondly, even if hype does go down, it wouldn’t be too hard to prop up a new feature on Heroes and keep people distracted for a while longer. 

Thirdly, as I’ve said before, I agree that Nintendo will have to do FE16 at some point, but why bother rushing it when Heroes makes sufficient profit on it’s own, at least for now. 

Also, what makes you think they’ll pull the plug on Heroes? 

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

The grammatical errors here make it a little confusing to understand what you’re saying, but I’ll do my best. 

First of all, it is a known fact that Freemium cashcow games earn more money in the long run than games that people will only buy once. This is why Valve hasn’t cared to make HL3. Dota, CS:GO, and TF2 all yield larger profits than a single buy game like HL3 could hope to make. It could also be why it is currently February and we haven’t heard squat about FE16. 

Secondly, even if hype does go down, it wouldn’t be too hard to prop up a new feature on Heroes and keep people distracted for a while longer. 

Thirdly, as I’ve said before, I agree that Nintendo will have to do FE16 at some point, but why bother rushing it when Heroes makes sufficient profit on it’s own, at least for now. 

Also, what makes you think they’ll pull the plug on Heroes? 

Don't know what your talking about you make less sense talking as if Heroes is better over new games

1. You think a F2P gacha game is bigger than an unannounced anticipated New mainline modern FE game for the Switch just because of money use made Heroes. Newsflash the money that's earn is from gambling trying to get a character it =/= better long term they're completely 2 different markets.

2. Uh again hype goes down very quickly for Heroes especially for an app game that can go so far.

3. Not everyone cares for Heroes most want a new game they ain't holding nothing back on new games because of profit from an app game its from a different team handling the Heroes contents. 

Sooner or later in the future servers will shutdown when it's time obviously not now only on their decision while the actual games are forever.

Again you don't get it at all...the app games from Nintendo are supposed to get more new players in to buying the actual games and Heroes is and will be NOTHING without more new main games coming.....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

20 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Don't know what your talking about you make less sense talking as if Heroes is better over new games

1. You think a F2P gacha game is bigger than an unannounced anticipated New mainline modern FE game for the Switch just because of money use made Heroes. Newsflash the money that's earn is from gambling trying to get a character it =/= better long term they're completely 2 different markets.

2. Uh again hype goes down very quickly for Heroes especially for an app game that can go so far.

3. Not everyone cares for Heroes most want a new game they ain't holding nothing back on new games because of profit from an app game its from a different team handling the Heroes contents. 

Sooner or later in the future servers will shutdown when it's time obviously not now only on their decision while the actual games are forever.

Again you don't get it at all...the app games from Nintendo are supposed to get more new players in to buying the actual games and Heroes is and will be NOTHING without more new main games coming.....

1. Considering one is making tons of money while the other is more or less vaporware at this point, yes I do think Heroes is bigger. Again, this is talking from a business standpoint, not a consumer standpoint. And players gambling is much more profitable than trying to sell a one-time buy product, so it actually proves my point. 

2. And again, hype can be stalled. And hype doesn't necessarily compel the dev to make the game. Again, in the case of Valve, they've been able to avoid making half life 3 by making a few multiplayer games and constantly adding new stuff to it. It is because of the sheer profit yielded by TF2 and Dota 2 that we may never see another Half Life game. Not saying Nintendo will do this, but it goes to show the point. 

3. Different team or not, my previous point stands. It is Nintendo and IS making profit from Heroes, no? And Heroes makes a lot more from gambling than FE16 could, no? Then why rush when there's already money coming in? 

4. As long as players are gambling and Nintendo is printing money, why should Nintendo shut the servers down? It's not the player count that matters, it's the moolah. 

5. True, but advertisement or not, Nintendo has plenty of characters left to add to the roster. There is no reason Nintendo is compelled to bring out FE16 pronto. 

I think ElectiveToast is playing devil's advocate, but he is bringing up quite a number of good points. None of these apply to FE because Nintendo doesn't seem to be going in this direction, but a lot of western companies are trying to make games into live services where they can do exactly what he says. The jimquistion on youtube goes into this topic in his most recent videos, and it is quite terrifying but only seems to apply to Western companies at the moment. We also know that the game has already been scheduled to come out this year so unless they delay it there isn't any fear that they are going to slow down mainline production of FE16 because of Heroes.

59 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

3. Not everyone cares for Heroes most want a new game

I think that if we are talking about the Heroes base then it is the opposite actually. A lot of the people that play Heroes will probably buy the game of course, but the ones that don't will have never wanted to play it anyways because lot of people that play gachas do so because of how little time investment is actually required to get anything done. This applies to a lot of the whales who will spends thousands of dollars a month on a gacha game. They don't have time to spend sitting down and going through a much longer mainline game, and probably don't play many (if any) games on consoles or pc's. I can imagine FE16 will still see a sizable boost of course from Heroes, but if we could compare the exact sizes of the people who play Heroes at the time FE16 releases to its lifetime sales we would probably see Heroes having more people (this is all conjecture though).

All of that having been said I'm pretty sure that 3 was correct up until December. At that point we stopped getting much in the way of content on Heroes, and that was probably because IS never expected it to be as popular (and profitable) as it was. I think that they are slowly moving on to the second option if they haven't already because both games do need each other for different reasons. The mainline games can use the extra cash and marketing to help include features that would have been more difficult to do before, and Heroes needs the new games to keep things fresh without having to create more and more OC's.

Ignoring some ignorance...overall Heroes can cut wires if they decide to no consequences or that much impact. Main games(depending on what they do) will still bring the waifu $$$. Heroes is just to make it easy to get the games faster with the profit. It needs the main games to obviously still exist and newer games make it stay relevant no question. Once the new games show the hype levels will be at max especially even now for the Switch.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

49 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Ignoring some ignorance...overall Heroes can cut wires if they decide to no consequences or that much impact. Main games(depending on what they do) will still bring the waifu $$$. Heroes is just to make it easy to get the games faster with the profit. It needs the main games to obviously still exist and newer games make it stay relevant no question. Once the new games show the hype levels will be at max especially even now for the Switch.

Okay, how does Heroes make it easier to get the games faster? And by this, do you expect a reveal for FE16 very soon? 

This topic has had more discussion than I thought it would… interesting. Anyways, I’m back to stir the pot some more. If you’re like me, and you have difficulty wrapping your head around quantities of money over 100 dollars, here is some fun math for you. Switch games usually retail for 60 USD. Assuming a season pass of DLC will retail at 20 USD, IS would need lifetime sales of FE Switch and its season pass to reach about 3.7 million and .92 million (25% of base game sales) respectively to gross as much as Heroes is estimated to have grossed in its first 10 months. That’s roughly double the sales of the series’ best selling game of all time, Fates. That’s right. In terms of purely gross income, Heroes is the best selling FE game of all time by well over double the next closest contender. Just something to chew on.

Now for some conjecture. There are 3 parties at play here excluding the customers. IS, Nintendo, and their mobile partner DeNA are all trying to make a profit out of this. DeNA only makes money off of Heroes. Seeing how successful it is, they will likely try to push Nintendo/IS to focus more on Heroes than main games. IS makes money off both mainline games and Heroes, but they have to share their earnings from Heroes with more people. Thus, they may be more inclined to keep development focused on main entries. Finally, there’s the Big N. Nintendo also makes money off of both games, and probably has the greatest say in what gets developed anyways. Nintendo’s initiative to enter the mobile market has so far not been met with amazing success (Pokemon Go is technically not part of their mobile initiative. The profits they made from that game are more closely akin to royalty checks). Mario Run missed its goal, Animal Crossing doesn’t seem to be doing all that hot, and Miitomo was a complete disaster from what I’ve heard. That leaves just FEH still left in the ring moving into their second year. When it comes time for Nintendo to divvy up their mobile budget this year, I’d be inclined to think IS will get a bigger piece of the pie than they did last time. That extra capital will likely come with the stipulation that it can only be used towards development of FEH. The balance tips towards Heroes. But, wait! Nintendo also has a hugely vested interest in its brand spankin’ new hardware, the Switch. As part of Nintendo’s goal to sell 20 million units, they are relying on an up and coming first party series, FE to help drive sales with their highly anticipated new main series game. Now it seems they would be inclined to dump money into IS for the development of the new game. The tension rises.

At the end of the day, I think it will come down to Nintendo’s faith in the series. If they believe FE is truly a second tier IP, they will give IS the capital and clearance to develop both at a steady pace. If they still view FE as a fringe IP on the rise, they may only give capital to one of the teams. I’d have to think Nintendo would choose the Heroes dev team in this scenario. I just don’t think FE Switch is as crucial to their console’s success as Heroes is to their mobile market’s success. Nintendo can afford to slow down FE mainline development in favor of focusing on Heroes at least until some of their other mobile games start achieving success. They can’t really afford to slow down their most successful mobile game at this point in time. Either way… PLEASE RELEASE A REVEAL TRAILER. I’ll take even just an official tittle at this point.

3 hours ago, Ressueah said:

This topic has had more discussion than I thought it would… interesting. Anyways, I’m back to stir the pot some more. If you’re like me, and you have difficulty wrapping your head around quantities of money over 100 dollars, here is some fun math for you. Switch games usually retail for 60 USD. Assuming a season pass of DLC will retail at 20 USD, IS would need lifetime sales of FE Switch and its season pass to reach about 3.7 million and .92 million (25% of base game sales) respectively to gross as much as Heroes is estimated to have grossed in its first 10 months. That’s roughly double the sales of the series’ best selling game of all time, Fates. That’s right. In terms of purely gross income, Heroes is the best selling FE game of all time by well over double the next closest contender. Just something to chew on.

This assumes that 100% of the 60 dollar price point is profit for the publisher (Nintendo). But for non-digital sales there are also shipping costs, and the retailer's take, among other cuts. Industry estimates for a game sold at retail put 27 of the 60 dollars back as profits for the publisher. Oh, and as for the developers, they are paid during the game's production. How well the game sells has no impact on how much money they make from that product. But naturally you want to be putting out a profitable product in order to continue being hired. So, FE Switch would have to sell approximately four times as much as Fates to match Heroes' reported income. Though digital sales of FE Switch will undoubtedly earn Nintendo more of the 60 dollar price point, since there is no retailer or shipping costs on those sales. The rate at which people will buy this game digitally is the true variable in the equation for how much it must sell.

That all having been said, you can probably place faith in DLC to pick up more of the slack. Among Nintendo franchises, Fire Emblem is on the forefront of DLC. Awakening may have been the very first Nintendo game to have paid DLC. And they did their research by including season passes and maps that are centered making grinding easier. Microtransactions are built on the assumption that some players will pay to speed up or ease their play sessions, so here are some maps that let you do just that. Furthermore, consumers love it when they get a good deal, so if the season pass cuts a lot of the cost from buying the content individually, then the consumer will go for that even if the grinding maps are the most enticing. 

And finally, I don't think Nintendo sees a need for mainline titles to outsell Heroes. Certainly not individually, I mean, it's not like they would ever release a Heroes 2. Heroes' profits are up against every Fire Emblem game from Echoes until the end of time - it will be overtaken eventually. The point of Heroes is to have brand awareness on a casual platform. It will perpetuate a symbiotic marketing relationship with mainline titles. And if it's making big bucks, then that's good too. 

I'm a bit worried, yeah. 

If we start seeing already-established non-FE Nintendo property leak in as new Heroes additions, I will be officially concerned (admit it, you'd crank that gacha like it owes YOU money for a five-star Meta Knight).

I said it before and I certainly will say it again nope no its not slowing down anything. If this is regarding games like FE16 its because the main team is working extremely hard on it especially for the Switch (although not even any kind of info is hurting it a bit). Heroes is managed by other parts of IS and DeNAs partnership so there's no conflicts between work with it and mainline games. Heroes is design to attract more new players to try the games maybe a bunch will still be Heroes only players but it'll benefit either way in the long run. I wonder what the impact will be for Heroes once the new Mario Kart mobile game comes out next year I'm definitely sure that's gonna make a much bigger splash for Nintendo for sure. 

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

On 2/15/2018 at 9:21 PM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Ignoring some ignorance...overall Heroes can cut wires if they decide to no consequences or that much impact. Main games(depending on what they do) will still bring the waifu $$$.

I feel like the ignorance comment is aimed towards me for some reason, but whatever. Main games will never bring in the money that Heroes does long term. A main game will only ever be sold once and maybe make some extra cash on the side with DLC. The game will make the majority of its profit in that first week, and then either have long legs and make a bit more or taper off depending on word of mouth. Heroes will continue to make thousands (sometimes even millions) every month for however long it is able to be kept running. Take Fates sales as of March of 2016 (because I can't find any sales figure after this) vs Heroes from its launch date to July 2017.

In Nintendo's fiscal report, as of March 2016, both Birthright and Conquest have sold 184,000 copies globally (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427_4e.pdf). That means that if they were to get all the profit from those sales they would have made $7,360,000 (this is assuming everybody that bought a copy paid $40, and is only using US currency and not accounting for the differences with the other types of worldwide currencies). Of course this isn't including the sale IS had where you get one of the copies half off, Revelations, and DLC sales. The actual amount even with all of that extra content will still be much less however, because Nintendo doesn't get all the profit from these games. This article talks about how a game at $60 is normally divided up (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/02/anatomy-of-a-60-dollar-video-game.html). This doesn't happen with digital, but most of the sales of Birthright and Conquest were retail not digital so it does apply to the majority of copies sold. Now Fates released June 25, 2015 so it had been on the market about 8 to 9 months by the time of this report.

Now Fire Emblem Heroes had been on the market for about 6 months when it was shown that it had made about 100 million dollars worldwide (https://www.deconstructoroffun.com/blog/2017/6/20/fire-emblem-heroes-its-gacha-a-hand-on-your-wallet). In less time then Fates it has made over 10 times the amount that Fates had. I think profits might have gone down a bit towards the end of 2017 because IS and DeNA messed up a bit, and some people left but it is picking up steam again and probably making them tons more cash. Also, IS isn't getting all of the profits even if this game is digital only because they still split the profits with DeNA, Nintendo, and I believe Apple and Google get a cut as well. Sensor Tower also has a certain margin of error that makes it so the information isn't 100% accurate, but even with all of that information Heroes is still making multiple times more then Fates has probably had since that fiscal year report.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:21 PM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Heroes is just to make it easy to get the games faster with the profit. It needs the main games to obviously still exist and newer games make it stay relevant no question. Once the new games show the hype levels will be at max especially even now for the Switch.

I do think Heroes success will slow down development instead of speed it up, but I'd argue this is a good thing. Now that IS has more money to work with (even if DeNA and Nintendo are getting their cut) they will want to experiment a bit more with new features I believe. They can also take their sweet time making sure FE17 is as perfect as they can make it, and include everything they couldn't with FE16 because the cash wasn't there when development began. I'm positive FE16 is almost done and will be revealed next month along with a bunch of other first party Nintendo games. Where we will really see Heroes impact will be in FE17 as a result. This doesn't mean that hype is dying down for the Switch game. Hype is based around information given about a game, and a serie's past history. The console games will be fine on this front so long as FE16 doesn't mess up royally.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wonder what the impact will be for Heroes once the new Mario Kart mobile game comes out in definitely sure that's gonna make a much bigger splash for Nintendo for sure.

It depends on what they do with Mario Kart, and how many players quit Heroes in favor of MK. Mario is a much bigger IP then FE, but in the end Heroes makes much more then Mario Run does. A lot of gacha players also play multiple gachas at the same time so it can have almost no impact on Heroes bottom line. In the end they are both Nintendo properties though so I'm sure that if Mario Kart ends up bigger then Heroes, Nintendo will still give IS some extra cash if they need it because FE is now one of their mainline titles.

33 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I feel like the ignorance comment is aimed towards me for some reason, but whatever. Main games will never bring in the money that Heroes does long term. A main game will only ever be sold once and maybe make some extra cash on the side with DLC. The game will make the majority of its profit in that first week, and then either have long legs and make a bit more or taper off depending on word of mouth. Heroes will continue to make thousands (sometimes even millions) every month for however long it is able to be kept running. Take Fates sales as of March of 2016 (because I can't find any sales figure after this) vs Heroes from its launch date to July 2017.

In Nintendo's fiscal report, as of March 2016, both Birthright and Conquest have sold 184,000 copies globally (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427_4e.pdf). That means that if they were to get all the profit from those sales they would have made $7,360,000 (this is assuming everybody that bought a copy paid $40, and is only using US currency and not accounting for the differences with the other types of worldwide currencies). Of course this isn't including the sale IS had where you get one of the copies half off, Revelations, and DLC sales. The actual amount even with all of that extra content will still be much less however, because Nintendo doesn't get all the profit from these games. This article talks about how a game at $60 is normally divided up (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/02/anatomy-of-a-60-dollar-video-game.html). This doesn't happen with digital, but most of the sales of Birthright and Conquest were retail not digital so it does apply to the majority of copies sold. Now Fates released June 25, 2015 so it had been on the market about 8 to 9 months by the time of this report.

Now Fire Emblem Heroes had been on the market for about 6 months when it was shown that it had made about 100 million dollars worldwide (https://www.deconstructoroffun.com/blog/2017/6/20/fire-emblem-heroes-its-gacha-a-hand-on-your-wallet). In less time then Fates it has made over 10 times the amount that Fates had. I think profits might have gone down a bit towards the end of 2017 because IS and DeNA messed up a bit, and some people left but it is picking up steam again and probably making them tons more cash. Also, IS isn't getting all of the profits even if this game is digital only because they still split the profits with DeNA, Nintendo, and I believe Apple and Google get a cut as well. Sensor Tower also has a certain margin of error that makes it so the information isn't 100% accurate, but even with all of that information Heroes is still making multiple times more then Fates has probably had since that fiscal year report.

I do think Heroes success will slow down development instead of speed it up, but I'd argue this is a good thing. Now that IS has more money to work with (even if DeNA and Nintendo are getting their cut) they will want to experiment a bit more with new features I believe. They can also take their sweet time making sure FE17 is as perfect as they can make it, and include everything they couldn't with FE16 because the cash wasn't there when development began. I'm positive FE16 is almost done and will be revealed next month along with a bunch of other first party Nintendo games. Where we will really see Heroes impact will be in FE17 as a result. This doesn't mean that hype is dying down for the Switch game. Hype is based around information given about a game, and a serie's past history. The console games will be fine on this front so long as FE16 doesn't mess up royally.

It depends on what they do with Mario Kart, and how many players quit Heroes in favor of MK. Mario is a much bigger IP then FE, but in the end Heroes makes much more then Mario Run does. A lot of gacha players also play multiple gachas at the same time so it can have almost no impact on Heroes bottom line. In the end they are both Nintendo properties though so I'm sure that if Mario Kart ends up bigger then Heroes, Nintendo will still give IS some extra cash if they need it because FE is now one of their mainline titles.

Pretty late with the first part buddy that's old news and wasn't even referring to you at all I don't want to go down that road again....

And yes it will slow down its inevitable they'll have enough money for things for the future games.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I said it before and I certainly will say it again nope no its not slowing down anything. If this is regarding games like FE16 its because the main team is working extremely hard on it especially for the Switch (although not even any kind of info is hurting it a bit). Heroes is managed by other parts of IS and DeNAs partnership so there's no conflicts between work with it and mainline games. Heroes is design to attract more new players to try the games maybe a bunch will still be Heroes only players but it'll benefit either way in the long run. I wonder what the impact will be for Heroes once the new Mario Kart mobile game comes out next year I'm definitely sure that's gonna make a much bigger splash for Nintendo for sure. 

Conflict isn't the problem I'm referring to, it's "Must we really hurry up and make this expensive game that people will only buy once when we already have a cash cow?" And how is the first part outdated? Are you saying the profit for Heroes has gone down? Do you have a source for this? 

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Heroes impacted the quality of FE16. As in, half-assed the game and most of its aspects so that they can have more characters to squeeze into Heroes. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

2 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Conflict isn't the problem I'm referring to, it's "Must we really hurry up and make this expensive game that people will only buy once when we already have a cash cow?" And how is the first part outdated? Are you saying the profit for Heroes has gone down? Do you have a source for this?

Again you CLEARLY don't get it I'm talking about arguing with you just stop already..........-__-

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again you CLEARLY don't get it I'm talking about arguing with you just stop already..........-__-

I get what you're saying. You're trying to advocate by saying they have a separate team, so there's no way that Heroes could take up dev time for FE16. However, I'm saying that the unexpected profit reeled in from Heroes has made the team for FE16 more lax in their work as there's less urgency to get the game out. 

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

Sorry had to deal with a little thing...but as I was saying:

Well they did said they like to try new things with Heroes stuff for new games don't know what maybe blade tomes, blessings, assault challenges, cooldowns, sp? not sure what else since most stuff added is already an established mechanics like Summoner Supports, Ally Supports, weapon refinements(forging), Skills, WT even small things like the Tap is a small skinship reference.

I do think its gonna slow down as well its inevitable no question at least it shows Fire Emblem even though still to many niche(for some reason yeah I don't get it.....) still gotten a big push than it already did since Awakening as a major IP. Especially if Mario Kart Tour is a massive hit especially with Mario's obvious big name which I believe it will if they do the marketing, gameplay and gacha aspect right.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

The thing is why would they slow down on an FE16 when it is still guaranteed money, because no matter what they are doing with FE16 heroes is making money at mostly the same pace, so why would they slow another source of money 

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

The thing is why would they slow down on an FE16 when it is still guaranteed money, because no matter what they are doing with FE16 heroes is making money at mostly the same pace, so why would they slow another source of money 

Because making FE16 will most certainly be more expensive than Heroes ever was, and when you consider the fact that gacha games reel in more money than one time buys, you can kinda see why Nintendo is in no rush to put it out. It’s all about net profit. 

I think FE16 is fine, it's among the biggest Switch releases for its second year, so unless it isn't featured at all in the next direct we get, there's no reason for concern imo. I'm pretty sure IS is just waiting to get the green light to show it off, and the mini-direct wasn't that, while the last direct we got back in September might have been deemed too early.

Now FE17, on the other hand, will very likely be influenced by the profit difference between Heroes and FE16 in some way or another. That being said, Heroes could also slow down considerably throughout 2018 and beyond.

Edited by Cysx

I think I've been mentioning this thing in most FE 16 discussions but Ninty wants to sell switches and to do that they will need some first party games to boost the sales. Even though IS makes money with heroes FE 16 is needed for two reasons. First to update heroes with new stuff. And second Nintendo wants to sell switches so they have to release a new main switch title sooner or later. With that being said I think that possibly FE 16 will get priority over heroes and hopefully around the time of release we'll have special maps or TT or GHB and some new units (hopefully).

19 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

I'm a bit worried, yeah. 

If we start seeing already-established non-FE Nintendo property leak in as new Heroes additions, I will be officially concerned (admit it, you'd crank that gacha like it owes YOU money for a five-star Meta Knight).

I absolutely would not.

Zelda, though...