I've been posting sporadically for a bit, but hi.

The Roger The Paladin

So, even though I started posting back on the 3rd, I pretty much neglected this.
I always said I'd get around to it later. But I'm through with procrastination.
So, I'm this guy who is (just) 26. I got into Fire Emblem as a side effect of Super Smash Bros piquing a curiosity. (like many others)
The first game I played was a friend's copy of 7, circa 2011, the year I stopped fucking around and got around to playing all those series I intended to for years (there were more, believe me).
I soon bought Shadow Dragon. Then Radiant Dawn. Then I tracked down copies of 7 and Sacred stones. Roms of Gaiden, Mystery of The Emblem, Geneaology of the Holy War, Thracia 776 and Binding Blade. I couldn't get the Thracia 776 patch to work (then found out why recently on the forums and felt like an idiot). But have played the rest. I needed more. I was disappointed indeed when New Mystery of the Emblem didn't go international. Eventually, when a translation patch came, I would play it too. Soon Awakening came out. I had no 3DS at the time. Eventually, I'd get one, and go back and get the 3DS games I wanted. But I had to hold off for quite a while due to life throwing curveballs at me. The kind that make you regret real life is essentially iron-man mode. Awakening, at the time appealled to many things I loved in the series. The first time through, I was wrapped. Then I tried to play through a second time. The lustre faded pretty quick. This time I noticed things about the lack of variety in missions, the map design. Things that other games did better. Years passed, with me playing the games again on and off, among others. I tracked down a cheap copy of Path of Radiance. I played it through and treasure it to this day. Fates came out. I held off. There were reasons. I held off a while. Then I ended up buying all three versions. Sure there were flaws. But some of the maps were well done. Others weren't. My favorite one is the one where you use the dragon vein to create doubles of everyone in your army, but the doubles share hp/experience with the original. That was a cool idea. Regardless, when Echoes was announced, I was stoked. An update of Gaiden, a game I enjoyed, though found a bit archaic? I was there. While I wish they'd updated some of the maps, overall, I was more than happy with it. Warriors followed. Having enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, I had no reservations and bought it. I couldn't help but notice the plot borrowed a lot from Sacred Stones, albeit with less interesting central protagonists (Rowan and Lianna are no substitute Ephraim and Eirika) and less depth. That said, gameplay-wise, it did what I wanted. It gave me an action based Fire Emblem spin-off. Though, I more than slightly resented the absence of almost anyone not related to Fates and Awakening. Anyway, that is, more or less my history with the series as yet. I felt it's as suitable an introduction as any. You get that I'm overly wordy and obsessive from it, and it just so happens anyone on here shares one of those obsessions. Because, let's face it, whether it's the characters and the supports, or the strategy and gameplay, anyone who is on this board knows there's reason to love the series. Even if they sometimes feel the opposite due to a 1% critical hit killing Tormod in the Dawn Brigade's story while they're trying to get through Radiant Dawn without deaths.

I look forward to my future in this forum, and getting to know those of you I've met and those I've yet to.
An excuse to make friends with a shared interest, as I know people I know offline are probably sick of me talking about Fire Emblem mechanics when I see something funny happen with a Devil Axe (Legion killed himself with it in FE 12, and the animation was hilarious to me)

Well I'm obligated to post here now. I'm also 26, but since last April.

I know how you feel there! People offline will start to get sick of nerdy stuff. Wow Roro, you idiot lol. That's why I don't bother with devil axes. And I know him as Roro, Legion still seems off to me.

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well I'm obligated to post here now. I'm also 26, but since last April.

I know how you feel there! People offline will start to get sick of nerdy stuff. Wow Roro, you idiot lol. That's why I don't bother with devil axes. And I know him as Roro, Legion still seems off to me.

My patch hasn't been updated, so it was Roro when I fought him. But the other name feels appropriate to me seeing as he had duplicates. But I couldn't stop laughing when it happened. Guy literally jumps energetically back to place after hit me only to start fading out mid-jump. I wish I recorded it. Stuff like that is why the Devil Axe is both my favourite weapon and the one I have never used.

49 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

My patch hasn't been updated, so it was Roro when I fought him. But the other name feels appropriate to me seeing as he had duplicates. But I couldn't stop laughing when it happened. Guy literally jumps energetically back to place after hit me only to start fading out mid-jump. I wish I recorded it. Stuff like that is why the Devil Axe is both my favourite weapon and the one I have never used.

I wish I recorded getting run over by the Groosenator in Zelda Skyward Sword, so I totally get that! If you haven't played it, it's a cannon thing on rails built by a guy named Groose, hence the name, and it was used to help fight this huge monster in a pit known as The Imprisoned. I had Link standing there waiting for a good opening and I guess he was in Groose's way lol. And Groose is kind of a jerk so it fits.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I wish I recorded getting run over by the Groosenator in Zelda Skyward Sword, so I totally get that! If you haven't played it, it's a cannon thing on rails built by a guy named Groose, hence the name, and it was used to help fight this huge monster in a pit known as The Imprisoned. I had Link standing there waiting for a good opening and I guess he was in Groose's way lol. And Groose is kind of a jerk so it fits.

Groose reminds me of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. But yeah, I've played through every Zelda game (and a chunk of the clones) except those CD-I ones and that stuff done by Satteleview (or however it's spelt). Sword and sorcery is kind of my thing.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Groose reminds me of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. But yeah, I've played through every Zelda game (and a chunk of the clones) except those CD-I ones and that stuff done by Satteleview (or however it's spelt). Sword and sorcery is kind of my thing.

A lot of people compare Groose to Gaston. I love how he goes from being a douchebag bully to a lovable dork lol. Yay for character development!

Edited by Dragoncat

9 hours ago, SleepySylvi said:

Hello! I'm new here too! It's cool how you've played so many games in the series, I hope I'll be able to play more of them soon!

I've recently started a bit of a marathon run myself. Games I know better (like Shadow Dragon that I did first) get special challenges like Ironman runs or no-grind (if applicable), while ones I'm less familiar with will just be regular runs. Because it's been a while since last time I did New Mystery of the Emblem or Genealogy. But enjoy your stay. I've already learned a bit in being here, it's definitely handy.