Showing off Shadow Dragon's DLC characters (FE:W)

Jedi

Minnerva looks like such a powerhouse to play as! But ummm, how big is this castle that you can fly a DRAGON inside it? Navarre looks like a lot of fun to play as, now we just need Ogma to be released so that there can be a Navarre vs Ogma duel like in the Shadow Dragon anime. I'm very happy that Linde is actually a light mage, I was worried that she would just reuse Robin's moveset instead of being a light mage.

So is Navarre goint to "change (his) mind again"?

Minerva's C1 and C5 animations really don't work for her. The rest are fine, but wildly flailing around her axe is way too much of a personal Camilla flourish. Also, her left arm is positioned to hold reins... but there's nothing there. Probably my least favorite character of the three.

Linde needs Astra but is an offensive powerhouse when she gets it. Really high magic and luck at the cost of what may be the worst defense in the game.

Navarre is powercrept Lyn, making him the best character in the game and he's edgy enough to cut atoms. Probably my favorite one of the pack to play as.

26 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Minerva's C1 and C5 animations really don't work for her. The rest are fine, but wildly flailing around her axe is way too much of a personal Camilla flourish. Also, her left arm is positioned to hold reins... but there's nothing there. Probably my least favorite character of the three.

Linde needs Astra but is an offensive powerhouse when she gets it. Really high magic and luck at the cost of what may be the worst defense in the game.

Navarre is powercrept Lyn, making him the best character in the game and he's edgy enough to cut atoms. Probably my favorite one of the pack to play as.

I checked, Camilla looks to be holding invisible reins too.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s disappointing that Minerva is Camilla’s clone, but damn me for eternity if she doesn’t look gorgeous. True queen.

They have differing statvalues so you can do different builds with them at the very least, and its a very good moveset overall. Not the worst that could have happened honestly.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed by Linde. Statwise she's pretty awesome once she gets her build, but her moveset feels kinda wonky in practice. Her stats ensure she's better than Robin, but her moveset kinda drags her down.

10 minutes ago, Folt said:

I'm honestly a bit disappointed by Linde. Statwise she's pretty awesome once she gets her build, but her moveset feels kinda wonky in practice. Her stats ensure she's better than Robin, but her moveset kinda drags her down.

Stats aren't that critical. A better moveset is probably more important unless their is a massive difference.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Stats aren't that critical. A better moveset is probably more important unless their is a massive difference.

She has the highest magic in the game + higher Luck than Elise. That's pretty good. Her moveset is also decent. It's just that I think Robin's is significantly better overall. Like, if I rated them, it'd be:

Robin > Mounted Mage (Leo, Elise) > Linde

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

She has the highest magic in the game + higher Luck than Elise. That's pretty good. Her moveset is also decent. It's just that I think Robin's is significantly better overall. Like, if I rated them, it'd be:

Robin > Mounted Mage (Leo, Elise) > Linde

Let me put it this way, even if Corrin had amazing stats, would that make her good?

1 minute ago, Folt said:

No, but Linde is far away from being a Corrin.

True, I don't mind Linde myself, but in the end, this game is not very hard most of the time. I say go with what you like better, but that's me. Generally, Robin's moveset does feel better to me too, and he's no slouch in magic either.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

True, I don't mind Linde myself, but in the end, this game is not very hard most of the time. I say go with what you like better, but that's me. Generally, Robin's moveset does feel better to me too, and he's no slouch in magic either.

Ah yes, but Linde has amazing Luck which benefits her greatly considering that Luck is basically the godstat of this game. Of course, if a hypothetical skill arrived that makes character skills that rely on the Luck stat rely on the Skill stat instead, then I think Robin would objectively become better than her, simply because her moveset isn't as good.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Ah yes, but Linde has amazing Luck which benefits her greatly considering that Luck is basically the godstat of this game. Of course, if a hypothetical skill arrived that makes character skills that rely on the Luck stat rely on the Skill stat instead, then I think Robin would objectively become better than her, simply because her moveset isn't as good.

Maybe (huzzah for Lucina since that's the main advantage she has on dear old dad), but I don't think it's that noticeable. Especially when most things in the game are so far below your max level.

22 minutes ago, Folt said:

Ah yes, but Linde has amazing Luck which benefits her greatly considering that Luck is basically the godstat of this game

Oh sweet irony when you consider every non-spinoff FE. Not to mention Luck is doing something it normally wouldn't do in the first place.

Although I think this isn't totally unusual for a Warriors game. IRRC Warriors Orochi 3 has a skill that always activated elemental skills, which were very useful.

12 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

I'm very happy that Linde is actually a light mage, I was worried that she would just reuse Robin's moveset instead of being a light mage.

This begs the question, will Tharja go the opposite direction and get a Dark emphasis? Or will she end up being Tharobin? Hopefully the former.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s disappointing that Minerva is Camilla’s clone, but damn me for eternity if she doesn’t look gorgeous. True queen.

True queen of the year. Although only the year. For some reason she's awful at the job and just passes Macedon to Marth at the end of Mystery. I don't think I like that. Jubelo and Yuliya giving up Grust, Nyna Archanea, and even Sheema Gra, I can see these, but why Minerva Macedon? Why must she be inferior to edgelord brother? Although I will give Michalis his Starlight steal life sacrifice- that was very noble.

But that isn't really relevant here.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This begs the question, will Tharja go the opposite direction and get a Dark emphasis? Or will she end up being Tharobin? Hopefully the former.

Tharja could end up going in any direction. She could end up with an entire dark spells only moveset but that was when I thought Linde was only going to use light spells until I saw her using Wind, Blizzard and Thoron. Tharja will probably end up a Robin or even a Linde clone since I'm pretty sure Olivia is a lock for a completely unique moveset.

27 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Tharja could end up going in any direction. She could end up with an entire dark spells only moveset but that was when I thought Linde was only going to use light spells until I saw her using Wind, Blizzard and Thoron. Tharja will probably end up a Robin or even a Linde clone since I'm pretty sure Olivia is a lock for a completely unique moveset.

Pretty sure Linde even uses Nosferatu. 

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I forgot to mention bolganone and starlight as well, though nosferatu and starlight only shows up in her specials and Linde's nosferatu is light elemental since that is what is was is her home game.

51 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The context of Nosferatu changes depending on character and who uses it from what game, they could easily give the darker version to Tharja if they so wished.

4 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm leaning on her being a clone of Robin for two reasons: 1. None of the DLC has ever introduced more than one unique moveset (as Oboro's moveset was already in the game in a nonplayable form due to her being used as the template for the Soldier class enemies), and Awakening's unique moveset is liable to go to Olivia due to her being a Dancer. 2. Linde's moveset does not suit her at all due to lack of light, but Robin does, and it's telling that his description says that the magic he uses is often dark + the Sorcerer trio all copy the NPC version of his moveset. The dark version of Nosferatu can be handled like Linde's version was, being her Awakening finisher. As such, Robin codified the dark mage for this game.

Honestly, Linde's moveset makes it rather clear how influental Robin was on the magic users for this game, as even Linde uses thunder magic for her normal attack string. (Well, other than how the promoted magic user sprite is essentially the Sorcerer sprite instead of the Sage sprite.)

2 hours ago, Folt said:

I'm leaning on her being a clone of Robin for two reasons: 1. None of the DLC has ever introduced more than one unique moveset (as Oboro's moveset was already in the game in a nonplayable form due to her being used as the template for the Soldier class enemies), and Awakening's unique moveset is liable to go to Olivia due to her being a Dancer. 2. Linde's moveset does not suit her at all due to lack of light, but Robin does, and it's telling that his description says that the magic he uses is often dark + the Sorcerer trio all copy the NPC version of his moveset. The dark version of Nosferatu can be handled like Linde's version was, being her Awakening finisher. As such, Robin codified the dark mage for this game.

Honestly, Linde's moveset makes it rather clear how influental Robin was on the magic users for this game, as even Linde uses thunder magic for her normal attack string. (Well, other than how the promoted magic user sprite is essentially the Sorcerer sprite instead of the Sage sprite.)

Yeah, in a way I'm kind of expecting Tharja to end up being another Robin clone. It's just that while the Sorcerer trio do use Robin's attacks their magic is a darker/violet recolor of his/hers moves and I think it would be interesting to see Tharja using a darker recoloring of Linde's moveset and saying its 'dark' magic. I don't know, my head is still kind of stuck in the idea of seeing Linde and Tharja as complete opposites of each other and Tharja being a Robin clone would technically make her the fifth named character with the same moveset. But I see your point. Every spinoff game Robin is in has them using dark magic despite his initial class not being able to do so in their home game and they are Nintendo's go to character for a Fire Emblem Mage rep.