Weirdest Unit You've invested in

Hero_Lucina

I'd have to say the most non-meta unit I've invested in would have to be my Explosives Master Saizo. He's got:

+Def/-Res

Fire Blessing

Defense refined Smoke Dagger+

Reposition

Growing Flame

Fury

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Savage Blow Seal

It's very much a gimmick, but it works way better than it should. Any time he attacks there's an explosion that everything, himself included (via fury) feels, and the enemies are left crippled by the fallout (smoke dagger). From everything I've seen of Saizo in Fates, it feels exactly like I'd expect him to fight, and as a result he's a blast to use.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going off of the tier least (or at least one of them), Titania, Raigh, Matthew, Merric, Gordin, Lucius, Leon, Virion, and maybe Caeda (before her new weapon).

• Titania was my OG Reinhardt counter. She got DC and pretty much wrecked blue mages. Maybe not the best for Arena scoring, but she was/is such a useful unit.
  • Raigh was one of my first "weird" upgrades because I felt like it. I had a spare Tharja, so he runs Rawrblade, and honestly, he's not half bad. I like him a lot.
  • Matthew was the second "weird" upgrade. He's got a lot going for him, and slowly but surely daggers are getting better. I plan to +1 him since I managed to get a +SPD -HP copy to replace my +DEF - HP copy.
  • Merric might be my weirdest project. I've never seen someone go, "OMG I PULLED A MERRIC." I've seen him a bit more often in the Arena however. I love is bulk, and he runs a variety of builds now.
  • Gordin is just a 4*+10, but I built him up with Klein's kit, and he's pretty awesome.
  • Lucius is a bit more OP now because people are realizing just how annoying the Wrathful/Dazzling/Pain combination is, but healers weren't even amazing when I started building him back in...August I think? I've killed several 5 star characters for him. XD
  • Leon maybe isn't as niche as some characters, but I plan to make mine a +10 Merge. He also runs Close Counter and QR.
  • Virion is my next big project. He got the Firesweep Bow at long last, so he's ready to do some damage.
  • I'll put Caeda on the list because I started building her the second I got a +ATK copy. She has a pretty good Firesweep build, but then the update happened, and now she's even more amazing. Between how fabulous she and Palla are, I've never once wished for Elincia. XD

Depends what you mean by invested in...

Due to my goal of basically having a 5* of every unit I own, I've promoted a lot of different units that many normally wouldn't.

Of those, I've built Henry, Not Quite Naked Frederick, Naked Gaius and Gaius to be Lyn killers, given Alfonse a brave sword that he doesn't tend to use any more, given various units breakers against their opposite colour weapon (Subaki, Gunter, Berkut, Clive, Tobin, Laslow, Bunny Chrom... many more)... 

I don't really promote units just for their weapons at the moment, though, due to it interfering with my goal, so I've not done any major investment. I also don't bother with merges outside of pulling 5* dupes that have no skills I wish for. 

Oh, right. Palla has been wonderful. She has her default skills with Reposition and Axebreaker slotted in, and she's an Arena Assault regular for me (on my melee flier pre-set).

Sophia has also been great. She's been +1 with a real build since the first time she was an Arena bonus character. She pretty much permanently replaced Ryoma on my Arena offense team until the last week of the Bridal Blessings Arena bonus set (when she was temporarily replaced by +10 Tharja because it was finally feasible for me to tie for first in the Arena rankings).

The Firesweep Set That Defies All Logic

Catria (+Res/-Def)

Firesweep Lance+
Swap
Luna

Defiant Atk 3
Drag Back
Goad Fliers
Brash Assault 3

That's right, a set that relies on a Firesweep unit dropping to half health!  That boon/bane combo turns her into some weird mixed bulk unit.  Thus, her job is to dart out, stab a melee unit where it hurts, and drag them into my formation.

. . .I still have no idea why I did this, but it's pretty funny.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

The Firesweep Set That Defies All Logic

Catria (+Res/-Def)

Firesweep Lance+
Swap
Luna

Defiant Atk 3
Drag Back
Goad Fliers
Brash Assault 3

That's right, a set that relies on a Firesweep unit dropping to half health!  That boon/bane combo turns her into some weird mixed bulk unit.  Thus, her job is to dart out, stab a melee unit where it hurts, and drag them into my formation.

. . .I still have no idea why I did this, but it's pretty funny.

I am not sure how Brash Assault 3 works on thsi built, because when the opponent cant counterattack then Brash Assault also takes no effect... soooo? Confused over here. The Seal should have no effect whatever

If you know me, you what things I did to my Peri. Currently I have this set on her, don't know the IV's, don't care.

• Slaying Lance +, Defense forged.
  • Pivot
  • Draconic Aura
  • Defense +3
  • Obstruct 3
  • Threaten Defense 3

19 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure how Brash Assault 3 works on thsi built, because when the opponent cant counterattack then Brash Assault also takes no effect... soooo? Confused over here. The Seal should have no effect whatever

As I said, it doesn't make sense.

I guess the two weirdest I have right now are Palla and Clive. Clive is just the non-brave Clive from Frosty's builds topic.

Palla is +spd -hp

• L&D or Fury depending on the situation
  • Renewal or WoM
  • Goad Fliers
  • Wo Dao+ Spd
  • Reposition
  • Moonbow

It's turns her into a glass canon that can then run away until she's healed.

Been thinking about doing a crack Ryoma build where he has warding breath and DD since I pulled a +res -atk one recently, but that's reliant on Ike being the free unit and me not deciding to go with a more sane option like Nowi.

Currently working on Berkut, who basically just needs QR, a special, and someday maybe DC. In the meantime, water boost suffices nicely for making him super magically tanky.

Edit: didn't realize I put the wrong person. Sorry, Frosty.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I've invested quite a bit into Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna since they are my main arena team. Still working on getting Fierce Stance for Fjorm (or if they ever release a Fierce Breath) but otherwise she's pretty much using her base kit. Other than that Fir, Bartre, Saizo, and Karel are works in progress. And I do have a semi-finished Henry that I want to revamp, and a completed F!Robin, Mathilda, and Caeda (who's been finished build wise since Titania was released >.>).

Spoiler

Alfonse w/ Water Blessing:

• Folkvangr
  • Swap
  • Aether
  • Steady Breath
  • Wings of Mercy 3 / Hit and Run
  • Infantry Pulse 3 / Threaten Spd 3
  • Quick Riposte 3

Sharena w/ Water Blessing:

• Fensalir
  • Pivot
  • Luna
  • Earth Boost 3
  • Renewal 3
  • Fortify Def 3
  • Deflect Melee 3

Anna w/ Water Blessing:

• Noatun
  • Reciprocal Aid
  • Vengeance
  • Defiant Atk 3 (I really really want Brazen Atk/Spd tho)
  • Vantage 3
  • Threaten Def 3
  • Deflect Magic 3

Edited by Alternate Blue

Probably my Marisa, not because she's a bad character but because she's typically considered outclassed as far as infantry swords go (also her stat distribution is a bit unconventional). I initially built her to work as a Myrrh counter since, with a little bit of help, she's one of the few people who can actually double her, but lately she's become an all purpose duelist:

• Wo Dao+, speed refinement
  • Ignis
  • Steady Breath
  • Swordbreaker 3
  • Infantry Pulse
  • Close Defense 3 seal

She's very much an enemy phase unit and more than pulls her weight in the arena. Ignis combined with Steady Breath and Wo Dao+ gives her a whopping 42 extra damage every time her special activates, which will happen on her second counter attack provided she's able to double. The only greens I've found she can't one round are ones she can't double (usually just wary fighter Hectors who she can kill on player phase since her special is charged) and B!Ike because of his legendary weapon. Swordbreaker takes care of the few reds she can't double naturally, and she can even handle a few common blues like Fjorm. 

Maria is going to be my most invested non meta unit eventually.  Already gave her Wrathful Staff and Savage Blow, and she will get Dazzling Pain+ and more merges (+1 now, up to +4 from what I have).  She's going to be an AOE bomber for 24 damage with double stacked Savage Blow.  Some units I've promoted that aren't good are Arthur, Odin, and Oliver cause I think they are all hilarious.  Haven't promoted too many units since I've focused all my feathers on merges for Nowi, Fae, and Nino along with fodder for them.

I originally had my +Spd -Res Cain be a TA3 Brave Sword with Seal Spd 3, Threaten Atk 3, and Draconic Aura (with only 40 atk total to back it up), which... was a thing I guess. It got me through the first Tempest Trials at least.

He is now a terrifying Firesweep Sword user, with LnD3, Drag Back, Fortify Cavalry, and Luna, so not quite as weird anymore.

What is weirdest is that his past came back to help him when I needed him to tank a hit from the Axe Armor in Ursulas Infernal GHB for cav quests. Triangle Adept 3 actually let him survive.

On 1.11.2017 at 3:05 PM, Zeratul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.68776d4fd81d0177fef1f14664c5cc99.png

Behold, the true Silver Knight with his proper weapon.
Yes, I sacrificed a 5*'d Laslow and my 1st Eldigan for this. And yes, he will be my Sword Cavalier in my Cavalier line-up. To the bench with you, Xander!
Before the release of Brash Assault I was considering Wrath for his B slot but for now this will do. Only need the coins to bring the Seal to max. Rank.

... Yep.

Edited by Zeratul

I guess right now it would be my brave lance+ Lukas, the only thing I really need to put on him is Ingis and DB3 and he will be finished I still use him the most of my infantry lance units because he is a personal favorite.  I plan on building a regular Jakob because dang it he is my second favorite Fates character, I am hoping by the time I am close to finishing him he will get a refine like Felicia.  My Navarre has some weird SI that I can't figure out what I was doing since I for some reason put three different types of specials on him, the only thing I can come up with was that was during the first TT and must not of been paying attention to what unit was getting what skill.

Eliwood? Who has Blazing Durandal, I actually built like Boi and I stuck with Bow!Lyn?

Wendy? Who's currently +9 (4*, I'm not that crazy sadly), got a Killing Lance+ because I could and is just waiting for DC and QR (I've been using the seal on her, she has BA3 right now)?

Est? Who's actually 4* +8 now, and mainly wants a B skill and possibly a Brave Lance+?

Gaius? Who's 4* +6, has both Poison Strike and Savage Blow and if I made a 5* could be a great debuffer?

Rebecca? Who I actually promoted a 4* version of for SI purposes?

The Askran trio? 

Alright, maybe not the last 3.

Or are we on about the vast number of units I poured some SI into? Because pretty much every single unit I've ever pulled has gotten some SI unless they've not even been trained a bit yet.

I recently managed to nab a DC for my Narcian, too.

I also raised up Rebecca, Wendy, Palla, Shanna, Clarisse, and Clarine.

I'm currently raising up a Maria and a Cain. It's been a shadow dragon themed grind lately. With me also having almost finished my Jagen. Just gotta get him Fortify cavalry and DC whenever I get the opportunity.

jaygunn.png

On 2/15/2018 at 12:44 PM, GreatKnightEcho said:

Not necessarily an odd unit, but an odd build I made. 

I killed my Nowi for this.

FEH Unit Builder - .png

Forgive the off-topicness, but what is this mod that shows the IV boons and banes and how do I get it?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

2 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Forgive the off-topicness, but what is this mod that shows the IV boons and banes and how do I get it?

It's not a mod, it's a site.  Great if you don't have the resources to make your ideal unit, but otherwise, a screenshot would work a lot better.

Shanna, she's no Cordelia but she had +ATK/-DEF as IV's; also she's my favorite GBA Pegasus Knight.

Gave her Fury and Goad Fliers; then turned her Killer Lance+ into Slaying Lance+ with a Speed forge. She's the ace in my Fliers team. For extra fun; she has Heavy Blade and Aether whenever I bring her to a flier team.

Camilla is my most invested unit; she's not quite relevant in the Top tier, although she is very popular in general.  She receives Summoner support, and is quite useful.  Once in Desperation range, she can sweep through whole teams.  NY Azura is her bestie.

Full set:

Brave Axe+

Reposition 

Galeforce

L&D 3

Desperation 3

Savage Blow 3

Savage Blow 3 Sacred Seal

Unrelated to Heroes, I pretty much only played Birthright to use Kagero..  She got all my stat-boosting items, and is maxed out in pretty much all stats, because I'm cool like that.