my favorite characters

IEatLasers

So far in this game I can’t stop loving to play as 

Chrom, Marth, Lucina, Ryoma, Lyn, Navarre. 

And I can’t wait for Olivia or Owain either. 

I never purposley loved the sword users so much but they’re almost all of my top 10. 

I love Azura and Takumi/Niles/Anna too but...

the mages feel so slow, Tiki isn’t fun for me, fliers are so choppy and horseback users are kinda hard to control! 

*insert incoherent angry rambling about you enjoying sword users here*

I'm kidding, obviously. I tend to favour the sword users as well. I can't deal with the size of the mounts on 3DS, since they cover the entire screen so it's hard to see what you're actually attacking, so dodging incoming attacks is a pain and a half. Though somehow, playing as Shiida specifically never gave me these problems (there must be something wrong with me). The mages... eh, as they have to remain stationary while they unleash their attacks, they become vulnerable to enemy fire, so you take damage you could have otherwise avoided. Because it makes total sense for a guy to still be able to unleash a flurry of attacks whilst being trapped in an inferno of magic.

My favourite characters to play as are as follows in that order:
Lissa, Celica, Lianna, Sakura, Shiida, Chrom, Marth and Tiki.
Tiki was horrible at first, but I think I have figured out how to play as her.

As for the sword users I didn't mention: Ryoma's attacks feel kind of flimsy and lack impact and I don't like his character, Lucina also feels weaker than her father and Marth is basically Celica, but her specials are better. Rowan is obnoxious, so I don't use him and Anna and Takumi are off the list for being characters I don't like in the games they're from, same with Cordelia and Hinoka.

I understand completely. I mostly use the sword-wielders myself + Tiki. Ryoma is probably my favorite currently because that Strong IV shockwave is so satisfying, plus it makes it really easy to crit often. Once I get lethality on him he will destroy everything. >:D

Am I the only one who actually likes using Rowan? I slapped Armored Blow and Luna on him, and he goes to town on everything. I can wipe a bunch of captains and easily defeat Velezark by spamming Strong VI. He may be a bit obnoxious, but he means well. That and I'd totally be in his shoes of preferring to be a knight rather than a king, even though being both can still work out.

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

the mages feel so slow

Just slap Astra on them. Problem solved. Slap it on Lyn and Navarre too, they're practically made for it.

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

the mages feel so slow, Tiki isn’t fun for me, fliers are so choppy and horseback users are kinda hard to control! 

Er, did you give them Astra? Mages are amazing once you do. As for Tiki, you have to get better at maintaining her Awakening form.

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I understand completely. I mostly use the sword-wielders myself + Tiki. Ryoma is probably my favorite currently because that Strong IV shockwave is so satisfying, plus it makes it really easy to crit often. Once I get lethality on him he will destroy everything. >:D

Am I the only one who actually likes using Rowan? I slapped Armored Blow and Luna on him, and he goes to town on everything. I can wipe a bunch of captains and easily defeat Velezark by spamming Strong VI. He may be a bit obnoxious, but he means well. That and I'd totally be in his shoes of preferring to be a knight rather than a king, even though being both can still work out.

Just slap Astra on them. Problem solved. Slap it on Lyn and Navarre too, they're practically made for it.

I like playing as Rowan too. Actually I'm often pretty surprised to see so many people say they like playing as Lianna and then go on to say they hate to play as Rowan even though they have the same moveset and, correct me if I'm wrong, until you can put topsy turvy on a sword he has the better stat spread then Lianna.

My mains are Lissa, Sakura, Lianna, and Elise. On the other hand, the wyverns are clunky, and Tiki's overly dependent on Awakening to do stuff...

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I like using Rowan as well. His skill is one I'd consider worth spreading around too.

52 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Isn't there already a thread to talk about mains/favorite characters?

Idk I’m not uo to date on every thread!! 

Umm} I have Astra on Robin. I guess at this point it’s because I have trouble with their combos. Swords people combos I remember easier because each swing is very visually different. For me mages shooting balls of lightning in different directions doesn’t help me out as much, and the timing is a bit different it seems because sometimes I am sure I execute one but a dif one comes 

I make the same mistake with Leo and Elise. I intend to use Arcfire or Mjölnir, but I miscalculate and end up using Moonlight. The spread of magical spheres tends to throw me off on which string they're on.

Btw, you can always take Astra off Navarre if he's too fast for you to handle.

I forgot to mention before (and I've yet to see a favorite combos thread, unless I'm blind), but I would bet it's generally agreed that Lissa's cartwheel combo (Strong V) is the most satisfying move in the whole damn game, especially if she catches a captain in it. All this from a little, delic-- *ahem* I mean... proper lady wearing a crinoline. What's not to love?

13 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

So far in this game I can’t stop loving to play as 

Chrom, Marth, Lucina, Ryoma, Lyn, Navarre. 

And I can’t wait for Olivia or Owain either. 

I never purposley loved the sword users so much but they’re almost all of my top 10. 

I love Azura and Takumi/Niles/Anna too but...

How could I ever be mad at you?

My favorites are Robin, Leo, Xander, and Lissa. Of the other infantry units, I kind of prefer Ryoma, Chrom, Navarre, Sakura, and Niles. Of the mounted units, Frederick, Caeda, and Hinoka are also used a good deal.

Honestly, I might get flak for this, but once you get good at this game, mounted units start to outshine infantry units in general because anything below 10 Move starts to feel so effing slow at getting anywhere if they don't pair up with, you guessed it, a mounted unit. Infantry units that are good considerations despite their move is probably the infantry mages (Robin moreso than Linde, but still applicable for both), possibly the archers, Navarre/Lyn, and Lissa.

No way you should feel guilty liking the sword users.  Especially since a lot of people here wanted the game to feature all of the lords throughout the series instead, the majority of whom are sword users.

I personally only really like the infantry units' movesets.  Oboro, Lissa, Lyn/Navarre, and now Linde.  I actually like that they're a bit slower, even though it means that I don't complete objectives as quickly.  Then again, I don't think I base my judgments off of which ones are more efficient; just the ones that feel funner to play for me.  I mean let's face it, this game isn't gonna force you to use mounted units out of sheer difficulty of a map unless you enter a map underleveled.  I'm quite capable of getting S-ranks with my preferred team as is.

I don't know why, but I never really warmed up to Robin or the bow users either.  Aside from the ones I've listed, I'd say Marth is another favorite of mine.  Tiki has a wonky gimmick that's hit or miss depending on the map, but it is satisfying when you get into dragon mode and can stay like that for long enough to do some real damage.  Frederick's nice too, and I'm growing to appreciate the wyvern moveset now that there's another user of that moveset that I don't have a weird aversion to.

My opinion of the characters probably has some effect on my roster choices, but I'm not the biggest fan of Lissa as a character (though I don't dislike her, either) and in spite of me liking Leo, I don't like his moveset too much.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:31 PM, Modamy said:

I like playing as Rowan too. Actually I'm often pretty surprised to see so many people say they like playing as Lianna and then go on to say they hate to play as Rowan even though they have the same moveset and, correct me if I'm wrong, until you can put topsy turvy on a sword he has the better stat spread then Lianna.

I'd imagine that has less to do with the moveset and more to do with the character and quotes.

On topic, complaining about the number of swords is out of fashion right now.  Complaining about clones is the current cool thing to do when hating on the game.

16 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I'd imagine that has less to do with the moveset and more to do with the character and quotes.

On topic, complaining about the number of swords is out of fashion right now.  Complaining about clones is the current cool thing to do when hating on the game.

Perhaps we should be lucky that most of the criticisms of FEW are trivial and personal taste.

Quite unlike KT's other recent Musuo offering, DW9, which looks bad, runs poorly, plays poorly, and is all around a bug-filled, boring experience.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Perhaps we should be lucky that most of the criticisms of FEW are trivial and personal taste.

Quite unlike KT's other recent Musuo offering, DW9, which looks bad, runs poorly, plays poorly, and is all around a bug-filled, boring experience.

Never thought to look at it that way, really.  I've heard DW9 getting some really negative reactions, though I was half inclined to just believe that it was the usual hatemongering echo chambers of GameFAQs (since that's the only community I visit that would discuss the game) or just gamers in general, us being perhaps a little too entitled for our own good at times.

That being said, there are still people complaining about crashes for FEW, so it's not necessarily a perfect product in that regard.  Polish doesn't seem to be KT's focus, it would seem, though I should be grateful my experience has been mostly seamless, with only one or two crashes that have ever even happened to me in the months I've spent playing this game.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Never thought to look at it that way, really.  I've heard DW9 getting some really negative reactions, though I was half inclined to just believe that it was the usual hatemongering echo chambers of GameFAQs (since that's the only community I visit that would discuss the game) or just gamers in general, us being perhaps a little too entitled for our own good at times.

That being said, there are still people complaining about crashes for FEW, so it's not necessarily a perfect product in that regard.  Polish doesn't seem to be KT's focus, it would seem, though I should be grateful my experience has been mostly seamless, with only one or two crashes that have ever even happened to me in the months I've spent playing this game.

Oh, no. The positive reviews are the minority on DW9. Having played it extensively, I have to say that the haters are right on this one. It looks like a PS2 or early PS3 game. The framrate is poor on all platforms. Bugs abound. Travel times to objectives can be insanely tedious. Animal packs dissapear into thin air while you're trying to hunt them. Battles are short and can easily be bypassed by grapple hooking over walls to the boss. Combat has been dumbed down to 4 moves. Cloned movesets are common. Unique weapons have been removed. All of this were done to implement crafting and an overly large, bland open world. The 2/10 score on Steam is justly deserved.

And I didn't mean to imply that FEW was perfect. The largest issues are crashing (which there is quite frankly no excuse for on a console game), poor UI, and annoying audio spam on all camp/convoy interactions. It's just that all of these things are relatively minor but noticeable nuisances on an otherwise great game.

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Agreed, though I will take this time to say that Fire Emblem Warriors's performance level is much better than OG Hyrule Warriors which frequently has a lot of framerate slowdown. That the complaints about Fire Emblem Warriors is mostly trivial/personal with the occasional crash rate, I'd say we've been quite lucky.

Heck, one thing I can say for sure about this game is that most of the movesets tend to be varying levels of good to above average (with Corrin, the worst one, sticking out as extremely average in terms of performance) which is a lot better than even Hyrule Warriors (which did have a couple movesets that were underwhelming in performance) and despite all of them being Y7 C6 movesets, the various gimmicks make them extremely varied and fun to learn.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Oh, no. The positive reviews are the minority on DW9. Having played it extensively, I have to say that the haters are right on this one. It looks like a PS2 or early PS3 game. The framrate is poor on all platforms. Bugs abound. Travel times to objectives can be insanely tedious. Animal packs dissapear into thin air while you're trying to hunt them. Battles are short and can easily be bypassed by grapple hooking over walls to the boss. Combat has been dumbed down to 4 moves. Cloned movesets are common. Unique weapons have been removed. All of this were done to implement crafting and an overly large, bland open world. The 2/10 score on Steam is justly deserved.

And I didn't mean to imply that FEW was perfect. The largest issues are crashing (which there is quite frankly no excuse for on a console game), poor UI, and annoying audio spam on all camp/convoy interactions. It's just that all of these things are relatively minor but noticeable nuisances on an otherwise great game.

Actually...

The framerate only drops in certain areas(Ex:Bases full pf enemies),and they have graphic settings for this purpose.

You can fast travel to the area near any mission from the quest menu.

Battles are meant to be left to the player,it's about choice. If you choose to rush straight through it's your choice,not the games. You cannot rush battles when enemies are above your level and are much more difficult unless you complete missions beforehand.

The combat is based upon flow and trigger. The flow attacks are four hits,but the can be combined to make a combo with trigger attacks. Actually with the four hit flow combo,combined with trigger attacks,which extend the combo and air combo it's more moves than FE Warriors or and Dynasty Warriors game. So it's been revamped and expanded,not "dumbed down".

And the world is full of content if you stay in the area in which the war is focused,many open world games have nothing in them if you're not in an area of interest.

There's nothing bland about it. It's actually leagues more interesting than FE Warriors.

But this is off topi and I apologize this post may be deleted if necessary,but I hate hyperbole and blind,uninformed hate.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 9_20180217233450.jpg

DYNASTY WARRIORS 9_20180216215359.jpg

DYNASTY WARRIORS 9_20180215135814.jpg

DYNASTY WARRIORS 9_20180216115749.jpg