my favorite characters

IEatLasers

On 2/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, KatarinaTio89 said:

Actually...

The framerate only drops in certain areas(Ex:Bases full pf enemies),and they have graphic settings for this purpose.

You can fast travel to the area near any mission from the quest menu.

Battles are meant to be left to the player,it's about choice. If you choose to rush straight through it's your choice,not the games. You cannot rush battles when enemies are above your level and are much more difficult unless you complete missions beforehand.

The combat is based upon flow and trigger. The flow attacks are four hits,but the can be combined to make a combo with trigger attacks. Actually with the four hit flow combo,combined with trigger attacks,which extend the combo and air combo it's more moves than FE Warriors or and Dynasty Warriors game. So it's been revamped and expanded,not "dumbed down".

And the world is full of content if you stay in the area in which the war is focused,many open world games have nothing in them if you're not in an area of interest.

There's nothing bland about it. It's actually leagues more interesting than FE Warriors.

But this is off topi and I apologize this post may be deleted if necessary,but I hate hyperbole and blind,uninformed hate.

No. Just no.

It is not the responsibility of the player (on a console game no less) to decide whether they want industry standard performance or industry standard graphics. If you are publishing a professional product at full price, it is your responsibility to give us both. Consistent 30 fps isn't a luxury - it's a baseline for consoles. Graphics that look like they come this generation are a luxury, but there is a threshold at which, if reasonable expectations are not met from a AAA developer, it's nothing short of a piss take. When a modern console game, like FEW offers a choice of luxury console resolution or luxury console fps (60), that's a service. When DW9 requires that we choose between a game that looks like an early PS3 game (if we're being very generous) and frequently dips below 20 fps or a game which looks like a PS2 game and meets industry standard 30 fps, that isn't a choice - it's gross incompetence for a game charging $60 with a season pass.

So, compelling battles are optional? Do you not see the glaring flaw with that? Musuo games are all about strategic objective decisions and time efficiency. A Musuo game in which time efficiency effectively does not exist and strategic objectives are entirely unnecessary, as rushing straight to the boss is easy, fast, and entirely practical is just a bad Musuo game. Oh, and I've done the side objectives in my sad attempt to make this game fun by playing it as intended. Even the best missions (like Hulao gate and Wan Castle) are sad imitations of previous games' versions.

Don't even talk about difficulty. I'm a mediocre gamer at best, and I've had little difficulty with this one. This is probably the easiest Dynasty Warriors game yet, and the only way they can even fake difficulty is through the rage/desperation mode that bosses may enter in select missions to arbitrarily ignore most of your staggers. 

Flow attacks are not separate moves. They are a direct continuation of the 3 Trigger Attacks (knockdown, stun, and knockup), and are thus effectively extensions on the same animation. DW9 combat is nothing more than Trigger Attack -> Flows -> Different Trigger Attack -> Flows until the target randomly decides to dodgeroll backwards half a dozen times consecutively. And then repeat until the triangle prompt appears. And that's all it's been for the dozens of hours I've played it. And every character is the same set of staggers and flows with different animations. It's repetitive and mindless on a level that makes even the regular Warriors games blush.

The "area which the war is focused" is the "area of interest." The rest of the world serves literally no purpose at any point. The open world aspect of the game is so fundamentally pointless that it would be better served with the explorable zones of something like Monster Hunter World for individual chapters. Or, you know, we could just screw the open world aspect of the game entirely and just go back to well-designed levels with time-pressured objectives and something resembling actual map design.

It is "more interesting" than FEW. We've never had an open world Musuo game, after all. But "interesting" and "good" aren't the same thing. Fire Emblem Warriors is a good, functional, traditional game that iterates on the classic formula. DW9 is an interesting dumpster fire of a game that attempts something wildly new... and then gave up just past the starting line.

And I hate blind, ignorant fanboyism. Which is exactly what it takes to defend something that looks, runs, plays, sounds, and exists as a half-effort. 

Edited by Etheus

I've finished up story mode, and as I expected, Marth was an absolute joy to play.

He's quick, he's flashy, he sounds great, he's just perfect.

Robin, Lissa, Camilla and Caeda were great too, as were Leo and Azura.

27 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I really want to play as Owain!! Ugh. 

Mid march yoj think? Or late March? 

I think I read somewhere is was going to be near the 20th, but I could be wrong about that.

• 2 weeks later...