Custom Characters/Dream Characters Thread

Erren

Shantae is my top request. Her moveset is a combination of dancing, hair whipping, and item and magic use. Her neutral special would be Fireball/Risky's Pistol/Flamethrower. Her side special would be Storm Puff/Risky's Boots/Elbow Dash. Her up special is Warp/Risky's Cannon/Hair Spin. Her down special is naturally Transform Dance/Lamp Dance/Bubble Dance.

Assuming different third parties are allowed more than one character, I would like to see the Classic Square SNES RPG trilogy of FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana get reps. My picks would be Terra, Chrono, and Randi.

For Capcom, I think Ryu from Breath of Fire II would be cool, though it could get confusing with Ryu from Street Fighter being in there. X or Zero would also represent the SNES well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a top 10 list of characters I want to see in the upcoming game. My rules were 1. Only video game characters, 2. One character per franchise, 3. Must have some sort of relevance with Nintendo. You'll find it behind the spoiler tag below, just try not to lose your heads if you don't agree with any of my reasoning for certain characters, it was just a thing I did for fun.

Spoiler

#10: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Qg99cjl5GmN1dnMaKv7XYLbXqKolDMCuVNqS8hAYE9qZnY5d7BPN3kd-uFO0ID497NSe5hqaUi41nF5xsWGAZR38VNzXXER-oZjzvVPhlDR-gW2n_QKH0fqDAFLbZ5hrlms-vjUr

I’m kicking things off with the main character of my favorite fighting game, Sol Badguy. Now I understand that Guilty Gear doesn’t necessarily have any historic ties to Nintendo, but hear me out on this one. Guilty Gear games have appeared on Nintendo consoles before(GBA and Wii) and Arc System Works has already begun showing support for the Switch. So it wouldn’t be too far fetched to say the mascot of their flagship franchise couldn’t be in Smash. He’s also from a fighting game so his moveset could be transferred over to smash very easily.

#9: Incineroar (Pokemon Sun/Moon)

LsvaB63C_ToxvccmSjZmCIdPOpTVasXzFO0YKqSDb2jTXZcX5BDNacCHRmwqaN4eVI4l8LCVmPZ204aLIrar431-D1SBwHkgBgd4GVYC5x2EYLfdTui0sr8aPwD6QgoN2kgVrm-7

I think is some sort of unwritten rule that if you don’t have a Pokemon on your Smash Bros. wishlist then you’re doing it wrong. So here’s my obligatory Pokemon inclusion, Incineroar. The reason I picked Incineroar, other than the fact he’s my favorite of the starters from Generation 7, is that I feel he could have a moveset that’s never been done in Smash. Incineroar is basically a 90’s pro wrestler right? So let’s make him a Zangief style heavy grappler character and boom! Pretty much Instantly ready for some Super Smash Bros. action.

#8: Ribbon Girl (ARMS)

U-2A8RmMFeCKVbdkAF4lh306Yd2WdbimdjfJOJ-RYCGKQNJ1xDXj6x7ke6UYICfyzplp_LEFFcbE_BogszDAmv0OWlTDU0ujBVaRPnrrITzGDChjhAe_vYJD1FqG1xpR9KZlArLZ

I’m sure Nintendo was hoping ARMS would be another big breakout game like Splatoon was, but ultimately while the game had a positive reception I don’t think it managed to become the next big thing like they hoped it would be. That being said there is a lot of potential for an ARMS character in Smash Bros. and while Spring Man is technically the face of the franchise, Ribbon Girl feels just as important and is definitely more popular. Ribbon Girl could use her stretchy arms for great mid to long range strikes and the all different glove types should make creating a moveset very easy.

#7: Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)

_J4AdjtnNq6HCnLjJTtUvpQu0Id40TFp8R5Mrfk3WshpaoZqPW_btqbH3LUM8grjf9dNGAsjz0moPKbqNdisQHLSARArili2hVNYHW5x_0kqJLCBMEZFuPVHqAmmfgGI-LlDk-tm

When it comes to Fire Emblem characters in Super Smash Bros. it always seems to go to the new kids on the block so if I’m being honest it’s probably going to be whoever ends up being the protagonist of the yet to be revealed Fire Emblem Switch. However, since I can only work with what I already have I think that a representative from Fire Emblem’s mobile smash hit wouldn’t be hard to believe. Of all the original characters from Heroes Fjorm is clearly the best choice. She has a very appealing design and with her lance and ice powers she could be the breath of fresh air Fire Emblem needs in Smash Bros.

#6: Magnus (Kid Icarus Uprising)

CVCqreuqSgy6hDAFvg-bL-oG2hV7PL20okeQrE2sbsfHfSZSnV-zIOg_S-C8bIj-gqlTR7ZmMY_jb9_JZ95XirY5LBIDmSOAKd0Ziw0G1hXnFFYk-LgkJHjVtCE4he3do9ZgPLN5

I understand that Kid Icarus Uprising has become old news by now, but that’s not going to stop me from wanting more characters from the game in Smash Bros. Magnus was one of the most likeable additions to Uprising and was fairly popular in fan predictions for the last Super Smash Bros. so I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request to promote Mangus from assist trophy status to full fledged fighter. Though I am worried that he might be a little similar to Cloud or Ike in terms of his abilities, but I have a feeling that Sakurai would want to do better for one of his own creations.

#5: Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)

naiQEIg3EuA19Da2TsqdJAepFOhAoaC58i7XpVB9e-LoSX3Fc1GEP_Dq7jqbPT2Qxbok6Xq2HsWL3HjgURpbeg1asEN9yxVevJd0WglxEoS66g4GFuJnFhBAc0hoyroTELE00KU-

Capcom’s Monster Hunter franchise has undoubtedly become one of their biggest and most popular series of all time. The series has also had a number of Nintendo collaborations already with most if not all the 4th generation games being exclusive to the 3DS so there's really no reason Monster Hunter couldn’t be in Super Smash Bros. Marvel Vs. Capcom already proved they can work in a fighting game so there’s really nothing to argue at this point.

#4: Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

2STF7XeT7DZ_fwV0WpI-sNmYH754nAhv1dWhOsIMXjlVKqWP92QbdnrKjM3yOrvXTo45ckqTo3P9IaITl7QLytOwocbuV7db2Sv6oQLAvRJV6ii_3rVvYOJDhCGYqxm0Tnib3oJt

The Wonderful 101 is a hidden gem in the Wii U’s small, but robust library of games we may never see again. However, anyone who has played the game will tell you that it’s a fantastic game that’s worth every dollar. So before it becomes a forgotten relic in Nintendo’s attic let’s give the game some credit where credit is due and put in Wonder Red in Smash Bros. Also his abilities and special moves were freaking made for Smash so what are we waiting for?

#3: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

AAFvHMG5urmwR4NdsAHSSSwEPFKYK3i4d9LBGssiePBWsOCYFFITpJRwxECvVSgdMbrgpvkbJVoyOUoPyDfWeGKp8q_8sCc-AfAVSOGmcusdo5PGl3vTrJfmC9bqntFpN7fLSmQJ

One of the biggest smash hits of the indie gaming scene with Nintendo exclusivity at launch and has its own line of Amiibo figurines. If that doesn’t scream guest character in Super Smash Bros. then I don’t know what does. Shovel Knight himself also has a wide variety of abilities they could rip right from his game into Smash so he’s going to fit in so perfectly it’ll hurt.

#2: Shantae (Shantae)

hHu0xLnddQZIyclqUToR4qlH_Ep4UOPG5-vcUX1pXBU-8zUqurPhQbi5yiVSesUBYK-6vgHBQFP9xlDpA4OLAQfAH0R3lSK42xSjuiOorFX6YVCY7AnRtO9wOp4LR027qCRqkotg

Much like Shovel Knight, Shantae is an indie game character that fits in with Nintendo’s pantheon of all-stars so well how could I not want to see her as a guest character in Super Smash Bros.? Shante has the all personality and charm of the likes of Mario and Kirby and plenty of games that she could pull from for special moves.

#1: Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

JW2N4TfFkRZ8eGxBIWVZe1RhlGdXBfXbRWrX9D0UeRZsQ9GFRuvP-kkpnGeG7QFG-bkKkY0TmrwEA9wTKplFLamPVXZiLK2dxyNsnd7nf3UBbYeS1WY1EDuo1vuhWJD0eCCAdd_8

Xenoblade Chronicles X is my favorite video game of all time and I’m afraid much like The Wonderful 101 it is a game at risk of being forgotten forever and I desperately hope that doesn’t happen. This upcoming Super Smash Bros. will most likely be Elma’s one and only chance to be in the series if there is never going to be a Xenoblade X2. She’d also make a really fun addition to roster with her dual wielding both swords and guns and her Arts from the game would easily make great special attacks. I know Elma’s not a very likely candidate for Smash and I’m going to be criticized for putting her as my most wanted character, but I couldn’t help myself. It’s just my honest opinion.

So those are the 10 characters I most want to see in the next Super Smash Bros. As a bonus here are some of my honorable mentions not included above…

Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

IDRNKYBJligKDTcpPFLDbKTEevKbiv2SOJ9ypM5gtCte5LmsYYb8ylKwGZhcCJGScdaIyZgz6je5tMon6eFMQYC9Twu6-G1oa_o7DD57sUHX8mRFYxpQzJlARhIpYScCwF0Dsp_K

Lyn (Fire Emblem)

RHaBn4IkDNMN2ZqGI5hT_Giv-N2TMkskOu55rympAt9p5U1LpH65HZopgMfW4cClIZPc2XR0uUD2yHUVj8p9w-Ahmj8dSNXplR_2bb4yYH8H2PCR-43WmymtHZTPiIAX91oqviSD

Phosphora (Kid Icarus Uprising)

2pPuwaUDwT4r14z9TpCEqcMmF8in_Vu1M4jLSDhysq_8EcWLnOEQBFDae-5CXVNu_wy_bmGjiLz09zc88n04sCeA9fHBcwscr-10QswfNBICEVT9d71DrSOOAAqPcq46rvZ5M8Ob

Waluigi (Mario)

CKgoa40B6Xvl-oh7jcGIK7T4hln0qTULecqq-BiP8etuQM7rfh5_V1enKciOtXTsyfb3GACnQDTqodB6R8rioyQ9mSyekXbcu7SA3k6JBkm9E936RI3MXvYVBaJ05Ltyzuk1tC_O

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

0y8BtersU6xgJXwZrps2KEArDKKA99Iq_oMVuPE1JI0R8cyh7HnjtIwEaDw_Y5giVPmTEGEy6cemg8C299oZbpslszY8SCOcl97Z_ef9AsFEHGiZxZ3cfwBJSc3M2JJ3YShxDsgy

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

6838X59r6NXZ0yxLqRbgwuF15BD4cnWk9UhY2ATQylShpEjxSi1GKzlK2a00EolLPkiidvAziSiTsITt26IL8f_EHzbjsuBessjzpy2rs8_D8SrCpUXHxYP1Qekn6JW4ueQgnh-V

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)

DNRzxmm7VIg_EB-vZui0avKy8n153ngEDb9XbcgxKHRhsrnnZfSQQ0IX9p3wGlbVjpLxciFHMyqrt9kjr_l3UldUEgqgV8ny-4NrX2KJQ1wdZkqINCCA8TEC8s2uWMoEfuIW5Lmd

Cross/The Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

YIKlyBn8XS1HE8EnyH1g6Kn6lsFD-02HYZ1KUedakU8WtUboaO3tDi2dpxHWy25UoQdiHk7-SEdd-qg5HPF7u3B7LfmeslRufbwz3fcqGPIkRMnKKfh6Tr97ykNWz8j7_9eGvWrA

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I made a top 10 list of characters I want to see in the upcoming game. My rules were 1. Only video game characters, 2. One character per franchise, 3. Must have some sort of relevance with Nintendo. You'll find it behind the spoiler tag below, just try not to lose your heads if you don't agree with any of my reasoning for certain characters, it was just a thing I did for fun.

Hide contents

#10: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Qg99cjl5GmN1dnMaKv7XYLbXqKolDMCuVNqS8hAYE9qZnY5d7BPN3kd-uFO0ID497NSe5hqaUi41nF5xsWGAZR38VNzXXER-oZjzvVPhlDR-gW2n_QKH0fqDAFLbZ5hrlms-vjUr

I’m kicking things off with the main character of my favorite fighting game, Sol Badguy. Now I understand that Guilty Gear doesn’t necessarily have any historic ties to Nintendo, but hear me out on this one. Guilty Gear games have appeared on Nintendo consoles before(GBA and Wii) and Arc System Works has already begun showing support for the Switch. So it wouldn’t be too far fetched to say the mascot of their flagship franchise couldn’t be in Smash. He’s also from a fighting game so his moveset could be transferred over to smash very easily.

#9: Incineroar (Pokemon Sun/Moon)

LsvaB63C_ToxvccmSjZmCIdPOpTVasXzFO0YKqSDb2jTXZcX5BDNacCHRmwqaN4eVI4l8LCVmPZ204aLIrar431-D1SBwHkgBgd4GVYC5x2EYLfdTui0sr8aPwD6QgoN2kgVrm-7

I think is some sort of unwritten rule that if you don’t have a Pokemon on your Smash Bros. wishlist then you’re doing it wrong. So here’s my obligatory Pokemon inclusion, Incineroar. The reason I picked Incineroar, other than the fact he’s my favorite of the starters from Generation 7, is that I feel he could have a moveset that’s never been done in Smash. Incineroar is basically a 90’s pro wrestler right? So let’s make him a Zangief style heavy grappler character and boom! Pretty much Instantly ready for some Super Smash Bros. action.

#8: Ribbon Girl (ARMS)

U-2A8RmMFeCKVbdkAF4lh306Yd2WdbimdjfJOJ-RYCGKQNJ1xDXj6x7ke6UYICfyzplp_LEFFcbE_BogszDAmv0OWlTDU0ujBVaRPnrrITzGDChjhAe_vYJD1FqG1xpR9KZlArLZ

I’m sure Nintendo was hoping ARMS would be another big breakout game like Splatoon was, but ultimately while the game had a positive reception I don’t think it managed to become the next big thing like they hoped it would be. That being said there is a lot of potential for an ARMS character in Smash Bros. and while Spring Man is technically the face of the franchise, Ribbon Girl feels just as important and is definitely more popular. Ribbon Girl could use her stretchy arms for great mid to long range strikes and the all different glove types should make creating a moveset very easy.

#7: Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)

_J4AdjtnNq6HCnLjJTtUvpQu0Id40TFp8R5Mrfk3WshpaoZqPW_btqbH3LUM8grjf9dNGAsjz0moPKbqNdisQHLSARArili2hVNYHW5x_0kqJLCBMEZFuPVHqAmmfgGI-LlDk-tm

When it comes to Fire Emblem characters in Super Smash Bros. it always seems to go to the new kids on the block so if I’m being honest it’s probably going to be whoever ends up being the protagonist of the yet to be revealed Fire Emblem Switch. However, since I can only work with what I already have I think that a representative from Fire Emblem’s mobile smash hit wouldn’t be hard to believe. Of all the original characters from Heroes Fjorm is clearly the best choice. She has a very appealing design and with her lance and ice powers she could be the breath of fresh air Fire Emblem needs in Smash Bros.

#6: Magnus (Kid Icarus Uprising)

CVCqreuqSgy6hDAFvg-bL-oG2hV7PL20okeQrE2sbsfHfSZSnV-zIOg_S-C8bIj-gqlTR7ZmMY_jb9_JZ95XirY5LBIDmSOAKd0Ziw0G1hXnFFYk-LgkJHjVtCE4he3do9ZgPLN5

I understand that Kid Icarus Uprising has become old news by now, but that’s not going to stop me from wanting more characters from the game in Smash Bros. Magnus was one of the most likeable additions to Uprising and was fairly popular in fan predictions for the last Super Smash Bros. so I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request to promote Mangus from assist trophy status to full fledged fighter. Though I am worried that he might be a little similar to Cloud or Ike in terms of his abilities, but I have a feeling that Sakurai would want to do better for one of his own creations.

#5: Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)

naiQEIg3EuA19Da2TsqdJAepFOhAoaC58i7XpVB9e-LoSX3Fc1GEP_Dq7jqbPT2Qxbok6Xq2HsWL3HjgURpbeg1asEN9yxVevJd0WglxEoS66g4GFuJnFhBAc0hoyroTELE00KU-

Capcom’s Monster Hunter franchise has undoubtedly become one of their biggest and most popular series of all time. The series has also had a number of Nintendo collaborations already with most if not all the 4th generation games being exclusive to the 3DS so there's really no reason Monster Hunter couldn’t be in Super Smash Bros. Marvel Vs. Capcom already proved they can work in a fighting game so there’s really nothing to argue at this point.

#4: Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

2STF7XeT7DZ_fwV0WpI-sNmYH754nAhv1dWhOsIMXjlVKqWP92QbdnrKjM3yOrvXTo45ckqTo3P9IaITl7QLytOwocbuV7db2Sv6oQLAvRJV6ii_3rVvYOJDhCGYqxm0Tnib3oJt

The Wonderful 101 is a hidden gem in the Wii U’s small, but robust library of games we may never see again. However, anyone who has played the game will tell you that it’s a fantastic game that’s worth every dollar. So before it becomes a forgotten relic in Nintendo’s attic let’s give the game some credit where credit is due and put in Wonder Red in Smash Bros. Also his abilities and special moves were freaking made for Smash so what are we waiting for?

#3: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

AAFvHMG5urmwR4NdsAHSSSwEPFKYK3i4d9LBGssiePBWsOCYFFITpJRwxECvVSgdMbrgpvkbJVoyOUoPyDfWeGKp8q_8sCc-AfAVSOGmcusdo5PGl3vTrJfmC9bqntFpN7fLSmQJ

One of the biggest smash hits of the indie gaming scene with Nintendo exclusivity at launch and has its own line of Amiibo figurines. If that doesn’t scream guest character in Super Smash Bros. then I don’t know what does. Shovel Knight himself also has a wide variety of abilities they could rip right from his game into Smash so he’s going to fit in so perfectly it’ll hurt.

#2: Shantae (Shantae)

hHu0xLnddQZIyclqUToR4qlH_Ep4UOPG5-vcUX1pXBU-8zUqurPhQbi5yiVSesUBYK-6vgHBQFP9xlDpA4OLAQfAH0R3lSK42xSjuiOorFX6YVCY7AnRtO9wOp4LR027qCRqkotg

Much like Shovel Knight, Shantae is an indie game character that fits in with Nintendo’s pantheon of all-stars so well how could I not want to see her as a guest character in Super Smash Bros.? Shante has the all personality and charm of the likes of Mario and Kirby and plenty of games that she could pull from for special moves.

#1: Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

JW2N4TfFkRZ8eGxBIWVZe1RhlGdXBfXbRWrX9D0UeRZsQ9GFRuvP-kkpnGeG7QFG-bkKkY0TmrwEA9wTKplFLamPVXZiLK2dxyNsnd7nf3UBbYeS1WY1EDuo1vuhWJD0eCCAdd_8

Xenoblade Chronicles X is my favorite video game of all time and I’m afraid much like The Wonderful 101 it is a game at risk of being forgotten forever and I desperately hope that doesn’t happen. This upcoming Super Smash Bros. will most likely be Elma’s one and only chance to be in the series if there is never going to be a Xenoblade X2. She’d also make a really fun addition to roster with her dual wielding both swords and guns and her Arts from the game would easily make great special attacks. I know Elma’s not a very likely candidate for Smash and I’m going to be criticized for putting her as my most wanted character, but I couldn’t help myself. It’s just my honest opinion.

So those are the 10 characters I most want to see in the next Super Smash Bros. As a bonus here are some of my honorable mentions not included above…

Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

IDRNKYBJligKDTcpPFLDbKTEevKbiv2SOJ9ypM5gtCte5LmsYYb8ylKwGZhcCJGScdaIyZgz6je5tMon6eFMQYC9Twu6-G1oa_o7DD57sUHX8mRFYxpQzJlARhIpYScCwF0Dsp_K

Lyn (Fire Emblem)

RHaBn4IkDNMN2ZqGI5hT_Giv-N2TMkskOu55rympAt9p5U1LpH65HZopgMfW4cClIZPc2XR0uUD2yHUVj8p9w-Ahmj8dSNXplR_2bb4yYH8H2PCR-43WmymtHZTPiIAX91oqviSD

Phosphora (Kid Icarus Uprising)

2pPuwaUDwT4r14z9TpCEqcMmF8in_Vu1M4jLSDhysq_8EcWLnOEQBFDae-5CXVNu_wy_bmGjiLz09zc88n04sCeA9fHBcwscr-10QswfNBICEVT9d71DrSOOAAqPcq46rvZ5M8Ob

Waluigi (Mario)

CKgoa40B6Xvl-oh7jcGIK7T4hln0qTULecqq-BiP8etuQM7rfh5_V1enKciOtXTsyfb3GACnQDTqodB6R8rioyQ9mSyekXbcu7SA3k6JBkm9E936RI3MXvYVBaJ05Ltyzuk1tC_O

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

0y8BtersU6xgJXwZrps2KEArDKKA99Iq_oMVuPE1JI0R8cyh7HnjtIwEaDw_Y5giVPmTEGEy6cemg8C299oZbpslszY8SCOcl97Z_ef9AsFEHGiZxZ3cfwBJSc3M2JJ3YShxDsgy

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

6838X59r6NXZ0yxLqRbgwuF15BD4cnWk9UhY2ATQylShpEjxSi1GKzlK2a00EolLPkiidvAziSiTsITt26IL8f_EHzbjsuBessjzpy2rs8_D8SrCpUXHxYP1Qekn6JW4ueQgnh-V

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)

DNRzxmm7VIg_EB-vZui0avKy8n153ngEDb9XbcgxKHRhsrnnZfSQQ0IX9p3wGlbVjpLxciFHMyqrt9kjr_l3UldUEgqgV8ny-4NrX2KJQ1wdZkqINCCA8TEC8s2uWMoEfuIW5Lmd

Cross/The Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

YIKlyBn8XS1HE8EnyH1g6Kn6lsFD-02HYZ1KUedakU8WtUboaO3tDi2dpxHWy25UoQdiHk7-SEdd-qg5HPF7u3B7LfmeslRufbwz3fcqGPIkRMnKKfh6Tr97ykNWz8j7_9eGvWrA

Fjorm also has Icy Mirror, which elevates her moveset potential well above the generic skill sets of the other PCs.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:25 PM, TheGoodHoms said:

I made a top 10 list of characters I want to see in the upcoming game. My rules were 1. Only video game characters, 2. One character per franchise, 3. Must have some sort of relevance with Nintendo.

Seems like an interesting challenge to try. Looking through your selections, the rules allow series already represented to get one new rep for Smash 5. I'll keep that in mind.

Spoiler

#10 Bomberman - Bomberman has an extensive library of Nintendo titles, and his bomb drop-kick-throw style of gameplay would be novel.

#9 Simon Belmont - As the face of classic Castlevania, I feel he deserves a slot. Simon's whip-based moveset would be novel, and he has a variety of weapons such as Daggers, Hand Axes, and Holy Water to use as specials. If they could sneak Trevor Belmont in as an alternate, that'd be cool too.

#8 Randi - Randi wields the Sword of Mana and a slew of other weapons. His friends Primm and Popoi can use magic, which they could lend to his specials from the background.

#7 Ryu - The blue-haired protagonist of the Breath of Fire series, which while not quite as popular as Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, still has a couple memorable entries on SNES, particularly BoFII. Ryu is known for swordfighting, fishing (could appear as a taunt and/or victory pose, or even manifest as an item-generating special), and turning into a mighty dragon (Final Smash!). He also wielded protective and supportive magic in BoF II and III. His various incarnations all could be costume variants, in particular the first four with two color variants each.

#6 Anna - The most recurring Fire Emblem character, or characters if you take into account the fact that there are multiple Annas who are apparently sisters. She'd be the first female FE rep in Smash who isn't a clone or variant of a male FE rep.

#5 Crono - The star of the classic SNES RPG Chrono Trigger, arguably the best on the system. Crono's moveset is built around katana moves and lightning magic, with plenty of references to his Techs. His Final Smash could be Luminaire, but I think it would be even cooler if it was Delta Force, his triple tech with Marle and Lucca, or an Ultimate Tech sequence featuring all seven heroes from CT firing off their strongest techs.

#4 Terra - Arguably the lead of Final Fantasy VI, at least for the first half. Her moveset would be built around fire-based magic, though she had the ability to learn other spells from Magicite. Her Esper form would make a good Final Smash, functioning similar to Mega Lucario or Wario-Man.

#3 Zero - The show-stealing co-star of the Mega Man X series. Now don't get me wrong, I think X is cool too and would happily welcome his inclusion as well, but with Mega Man already being included I would be concerned that fans would think X is too similar, even if he had a completely different moveset, which is ironic considering the whole reason X even exists is because the character that was intended to be Mega Man X looked too different from the original Mega Man; Capcom was concerned fans wouldn't be able to accept him as the new Mega Man, so X as we now know him was designed and the original concept became Zero. At any rate, Zero's red armor and sabre-focused moveset would help set him apart from Mega Man. Of course if they could make X and Zero costume alternates with a composite moveset combining sabre moves and buster special weapons, that'd be cool too.

#2 Krystal - Krystal was a popular request for both Brawl and Smash 4, and I'd love to see her get in as well. If they could use her staff, that'd be great, but I could live with her being a clone of Fox, maybe with slight statistic tweaks. I would also love if we got all three of her major outfits, plus maybe her second outfit from Command, as costumes. They might even include the Kursed outfit from one of Command's endings, though like with Ryu, four costumes with two color variants each would round.

#1 Shantae - As I've indicated prior, Shantae's my #1 pick for Smash representation, combining just about everything I like in female characters into one cute, sexy, stylish package. Her various magic items and pirate gear would be obvious moveset material, and her transformations could be implemented with simplified movesets (generally running, jumping, and using one physical and special attack each). Monkey, Elephant, and Harpy would be the most likely forms, though I could also see Spider and Mermaid getting consideration, and maybe even add a few new forms like Naga, Bat Gal, and Scorp Gal. Indeed, I could see Shantae getting a second set of dance forms and the Magic Lamp dance as alternate custom special.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 2 weeks later...

For third parties I would love to see Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright. They're my most wanted characters for Smash.

First parties... Pauline and Impa would be nice. I wouldn't mind Decidueye either. 

My most wanted is Kamek. Yoshi's Island is my favorite video game and is the only franchise besides F-Zero to not get a second character since the N64 game. Kamek could have a fun, magic-oriented moveset drawing upon both his main appearances in Yoshi games and some of his more recent roles in Mario games as well, with his classic geometric magic as his standard B move of course.

Having trouble with the Final Smash though. He could call in and supersize an enemy since that's what he's known for, but that feels kinda odd and overdone.

What about summoning Baby Bowser as his Final Smash? Though he would also work well for a stage hazard...

Given Kamek's love of minions, I could see him conjuring some for smash attacks and the like. His forward smash could conjure a Hammer Bro. to pound opponents with a hammer, his grab could call a Pirahna Plant to chomp on a character, etc.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I was hoping for Bowser Jr. in Smash 4, and he got in, so that's cool.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:17 PM, MiracleMuffin said:

For third parties I would love to see Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright. They're my most wanted characters for Smash.

I second this statement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Im new here and I do not know where else to post this. Tiki is my absolute favorite and i really want her to be in smash bros. She would be really unique which im sure you all know. Anyway, some people on gamefaqs have been doing a challenge where everyone votes off newcomers and we got it down to Tiki and King K. Rool. I am asking for your help, to please go there and vote for her and lead her to victory! I know its not going to change anything in reality, but it would really help to show some fire emblem pride.

If youre interested, please help c:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76573457

I could picture Isaac using psynergy of all four elements, especially if they up the number of special options per slot to 4. He starts out with Venus spells, but can switch to Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury. Though I can also see them using utility psynergy like Move and Lift. Isaac is one of those characters with a lot of potential for custom specials, so Smash 5 better not stick with those boring, lazy variant customs Smash 4 had.

6 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I could picture Isaac using psynergy of all four elements, especially if they up the number of special options per slot to 4. He starts out with Venus spells, but can switch to Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury. Though I can also see them using utility psynergy like Move and Lift. Isaac is one of those characters with a lot of potential for custom specials, so Smash 5 better not stick with those boring, lazy variant customs Smash 4 had.

Amen to that.

If we're talking pie in sky characters, I'd love to see Layle from FF:CC: The Crystal Bearers. I'd be really interested in seeing what they could do with his gravity powers.

Edited by Inferno lizard

On 5/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, SMEDIA said:

Felix from the Golden Sun series. Unfortunately, if they did include a GS character, it would most likely be Isaac or Matthew (both of which I really fucking hate).

On 5/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, Lord_Brand said:

I'm sad it took this long for a GS character to get mentioned. 

It really is Nintendo's forgotten franchise. Probably should have mentioned one of these two instead of my joke answer, but whatever. 

Edited by Slumber

Y'know what a dream character thread needs? Reveal trailers. A good reveal trailer can be better than the character itself. I was mad when Bowser Jr was leaked, but then I was in love after seeing his trailer. I'll start:

We get a shot of a starry night sky. Whimsical, soft music is playing. We pan down to see veteran smashers squaring up for a fight in a nondescript canyon/forest; Samus taking aim with a missile ready, Link with a bow in hand, Crash Bandicoot (he's in the game, just let me have this) scratching the inside of his ear absent mindedly, and little pikachu on all fours, electric cheeks sparking. We return to the shot of the sky, and a comet comes into view as we hear a woman's voice "They let me pick. Did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted." We return to our fighters battling it out. Pikachu swiftly dodging Link's sword, Crash slides under a missile. Back to the comet: "Like the others you were strong, and swift, and brave..." Back to the fight: Link rolls out of the way of Pikachu's lightning bolt, and then again out of the way of Crash's body slam. Crash gets back on his feet for just a moment before Samus' grapple beam comically entangles and whips him high into the air as we return to the comet, closer: "But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw but me." We get a close up shot of of the comet, now clearly a man in plated armor sky diving in a blaze through the atmosphere. "Can you guess? Luck." The man lands on the side of the canyon in a ducking roll, slides down to the bottom before arriving in the middle of the fight. He unholsters his energy sword from his back as we hear Cortana's voice again "you alright, Chief?". The man responds cooly "Ready to Smash."

Master Chief Evens the Odds.

After that wonderful, sort-of Halo 3 reference, the Gameplay montage that follows is set to the Halo Theme. Brutal martial arts moves for his normals. One throw involves a harsh vertical pistol whip that bounces opponents up in the air for a combo. The forward throw is a one handed toss as Chief fires a needler at the target, whose needles explode after a delay that the victim must air dodge to avoid more damage and a followup. Aerials incorporating an energy sword. A Smash attack involving the gravity hammer. The first special shown off are plasma grenades as a Neutral B, exploding after a few seconds when latching on to any target, including shields. The next is his recovery, a jetpack that offers excellent horizontal movement and Chief pulls out a rocket launcher that can fire up to two times diagonally downward at a set angle. His down special is Armor Lock, Chief punches the ground as his armor locks making him take no knockback and drastically reduced damage from attacks before emitting an AOE blast that grows depending on how long the charge was. When used in the air, Chief enters a fist-first ground pound that has no armor property but still emits a powerful shockwave on impact. His side special is a mix of Hologram and Active Camo. A hologram of Chief runs straight forward to fool opponents while the real chief is stealthed, completely invisible until he does any action other than walking. Tap neutral B again in this state for a lunging sword stab. The trailer makes a point that the move can be initiated during a run, like any Side B, for numerous mind games.The hologram does not react to attacks. Chief gets the Smash Ball, and he climbs onto the back of a warthog that rolls in, driven by a generic soldier. The warthog is driven automatically as the player fires a slow plasma cannon in any direction (no bullets, so we have to replace the minigun with something).

Edited by Glennstavos

Call me crazy, but I sorta want Blacephalon from USUM as an unlockable character.

Unlock Conditions: Defeat 45 enemies in Endless Smash on Normal difficultly or higher; play 200 VS. matches; beat Classic mode with Decidueye on Hard difficultly or higher.

Intro: Blacephalon jumps out of an Ultra Wormhole and performs his signature pose.

Notable Palette Swaps: Pheromosa, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Poipole, Stakataka, Kartana, Guzzlord

Special Moves: 

B : Mind Blower; Blacephalon takes his head and throws it at the enemy. Holding B will charge it; you can select the distance in which you can throw it.
B + Forwards : Will-O-Wisp; Blacephalon shoots a ring of ghostly fire that hits enemies multiple times.
B + Up : Shadow Claw; Blacephalon thrusts his right arm upward with a shadowy aura, going up a fair distance.
B + Down : Smack Down; Blacephalon brings down a rock out of nowhere and strikes some three feet away from him. This can function as a Meteor Smash, meaning you can launch foes down offscreen with it.

Final Smash: Endless Blaze; a combination of the two Z-Moves Never Ending Nightmare and Inferno Overdrive. Arms appear all over Blacephalon, who can use them to attack for ten seconds. After those ten seconds, Blacephalon turns said arms into flames and scatters them around the screen.

Taunts:

1: Blacephalon’s head bobs in all eight directions.
2: Blacephalon juggles his head.
1+2: Blacephalon removes his head and pretends to use it as a bowling ball.

Winposes:

1: Blacephalon creeps into an Ultra Wormhole, and then abruptly disappears with it.
2: Blacephalon floats in the air with his right leg over his left leg, and then sticks his right arm out.
3: Blacephalon spins around in a circle of flames, then stops in place.

Icon: Poké Ball.

Victory Music: The Pokémon series music.

Kirby Hat: His bomb hat along with Blacephalon’s head. If Kirby uses Mind Blower, he uses an illusion of Blacephalon’s head for a bomb.

I personally want to see characters with unique, fun to use, and fun to play against, gimmicks to differentiate them from the rest of the cast.

For example, an FE infantry lance user (Fjorm, Ephraim, FE16!Lord(?), Sharena, etc.) could have the unique option of having a permanent active hitbox on the tip of the lance. Their "normal" moves (jab, tilts, aerials, smashes) would be all about moving the tip of the lance. The damage and knockback would both increase with the speed of the lance's tip, and the knockback would be in the same direction as the tip's movement. If the lance isn't moving, there won't be any knockback or hitstun. This would end up creating a character who is all about spacing, and intercepting the foe's attacks using your long-range disjointed hitbox. However, if you are playing against the lance unit, you can blast past the lance tip with projectiles, fast movement, of armoured moved, and the lance unit wouldn't be able to defend themselves easily!

Their special moves would be all about utility, and covering their most glaring weaknesses. Neutral special: drag back. They drag the lance back to their hands, and the pole gains a hitbox. To be used as a "get off me" tool, so the lance user isn't screwed into only being able to use grab if the enemy manages to get into their personal space. Down special: quick turn. They turn around. This move basically acts as a workaround for the fact that the lance will be constantly in front of the user, while still allowing them to retreat by holding back. It will also involve the pole having a hitbox. Side special: javelin. They throw their lance in front of them (the control stick may be used to change the direction in which the lance is thrown) and take around a full second to pull a new one from their inventory. If you get hit by the lance, it will then grab you and deal constant damage until you can mash out. It can also pin you to the ground for a combo or even drag you to the blast zone if you're at high% and/or are slow at mashing. You can dodge the javelin, though, and the lance user will be completely helpless if you do that successfully. Up special: pole vault. A fairly generic recovery move, which would look like Fjorm's kill animation. As an aside, the lance user will hold the lance below them if they perform a ledge grab.

honestly i thought about it and the idea really appeals to me but why not have gharnef for some fe villain rep? He has the potential for a unique moveset, hes perhapes the biggest bad in marths game, and really i just think a wrinkly ol fuck would be refreshing.

Just for the sake of having all eight of the core Mario spinoff crew in Smash, I think it'd be neat if Daisy and Waluigi got their own spinoff-themed movesets. Tennis, Golf, Party, Kart, Sluggers, Strikers...there's a lot of potential, there. Not to mention SML references for Daisy, like maybe a projectile that bounces skyward after hitting the ground? Or using the Sky Pop as a Final Smash? Shoot, add Tatanga as an Assist Trophy while you're at it!

For Waluigi, I'd love involving Pirahna Plants, Bob-Ombs, and Boos in his moveset, to play up his mean, sneaky nature.

And to complete the SMB2 quad, perhaps they could add Toad/Toadette as a playable character? Peach's standard special could become a Parasol since using Toad as a shield never fit her character. Toad/Toadette could inherit the vegetable ability, since it even makes a return in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. Their victory theme could likewise be the jingle from CTTT.

Inklings were my vote in the Ballot, so I'm set there.

I would like to see Spyro and Crash. As soon as neither were Sony exclusives, they both landed GBA games. The only thing in the air is if the Reignited Trilogy is getting a Switch port like the N-Sane Trilogy did. I much much much prefer Spyro, but Crash has an edge in that he's already getting games on the Switch.

But, Tails. Just give me Tails please.

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

Inklings were my vote in the Ballot, so I'm set there.

I would like to see Spyro and Crash. As soon as neither were Sony exclusives, they both landed GBA games. The only thing in the air is if the Reignited Trilogy is getting a Switch port like the N-Sane Trilogy did. I much much much prefer Spyro, but Crash has an edge in that he's already getting games on the Switch.

But, Tails. Just give me Tails please.

I'm not sure about these specific cases, but it absolutely would be possible for Sony Exclusive characters to appear on the Gameboy Advanced while still being completely Sony Exclusive. Sony didn't have a handheld device of their own at the time, so it wasn't a competing market for them.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:33 PM, Slumber said:

I'm sad it took this long for a GS character to get mentioned. 

It really is Nintendo's forgotten franchise. Probably should have mentioned one of these two instead of my joke answer, but whatever. 

YES please Nintendo give me some Golden Sun. I don't even care which character.

On another note, it's a long shot but I've wanted to see Travis Touchdown since before Sm4sh was announced.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm not sure about these specific cases, but it absolutely would be possible for Sony Exclusive characters to appear on the Gameboy Advanced while still being completely Sony Exclusive. Sony didn't have a handheld device of their own at the time, so it wasn't a competing market for them.

Crash and Spyro were not owned by Sony at the time of the GBA. And really not ever "owned" in the sense that they were first party. Spyro was owned first by Universal Interactive who contracted Insomiac to the make the games. Those rights were bought and sold by a bunch of studios before being owned by one of the companies Activision happened to buy wholesale, and that's where Spyro is currently. Crash bandicoot has a similar story, owned by Universal, contracted games by Naughty Dog, and then switching between multiple development studios before ending up at Activision and never being touched for almost ten years until the N.Sane Trilogy.

Both franchises have been third party since the start of the PS2/GC era and could have appeared in any Smash Bros. game if anybody cared at all. Maybe now that Smash Bros. has got so many guests characters and with their remakes appearing on the switch, well...I've heard more bizarre suggestions for guest characters. Some suggestions made by me in fact. I want Master Chief in Smash, damnit.