Bound Hero Battle: Into the Ground (Corrin and Azura)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Corrin, son of the First Dragons, and Azura, the last princess of Valla, find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place again, though they have some help this time.

Map

Hard / Lunatic

Spoiler

h4aQIVl.png

Infernal

Spoiler

P79A4eZ.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Corrin

Spoiler

HP: 67
Atk: 51
Spd: 35
Def: 31
Res: 27

Weapon: Yato
Assist: 
Special: Dragon Fang (charged)

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Hit and Run
C: Drive Def 2

Azura

Spoiler

HP: 58
Atk: 46
Spd: 39
Def: 23
Res: 31

Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Special: 

A: Spd +3
B: Drag Back
C: Hone Atk 3

Archer

Spoiler

HP: 63
Atk: 49
Spd: 32
Def: 32
Res: 17

Weapon: Guard Bow+
Assist: 
Special: Retribution

A: HP/Atk 2
B: G Tomebreaker 3
C: Hone Spd 3

Axe Pegasus

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 42
Spd: 36
Def: 26
Res: 42

Weapon: Brave Axe+
Assist: 
Special: Iceberg

A: Fury 3
B: Obstruct 3
C: Threaten Def 3

Blue Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 47
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Blárblade+
Assist: 
Special: Moonbow

A: Death Blow 3
B: Poison Strike 3
C: Drive Res 2

Sword Dragoon

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 52
Spd: 32
Def: 39
Res: 21

Weapon: Slaying Edge+
Assist: 
Special: Sacred Cowl

A: HP/Spd 2
B: Hit and Run
C: Guidance 3

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategy

- For the thirty billionth map in a row, Flier Emblem is completely unhindered lol.

- The trench on the east side prevents Reinhardt etc. from charging in.

- Azura will move after ranged units if her singing them would lead to the ranged unit attacking your units, especially if they can get a kill.

- With a TA/Ruby Sword Red that isn't Palla, you should be able to make Azura move before the Archer or Mage.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Had a kind of rotten day at work, so I haven't bothered with a creative run. I used Caeda, Hinoka, NY Azura, and Summer Corrin. Oddly enough...it took me like 3 tries to do hard, but I did infernal on the first try. I haven't really used Hinoka since I upgraded her lance, and wow... It's kind of great. She's REALLY fast and strong. I usually avoid her and just use her for buffs, but I might actually give her a real build now. She can KO the axe knight on her own (with the buff from Azura). Everything else fell into place from there. 

I'll probably try something else later on. For now, it's just satisfying having the orbs!

Beat the everliving daylights out of this map with Leon, Azura, Siegbert, and Spring Camilla.  Siegbert was there only for his buff, and Azura for utility.  Leon and Spring Camilla did all of the heavy lifting!

EDIT: Gave Camilla Reposition, which solved the split army issue.

Edited by eclipse

A team of:

• 5* Valter: Cursed Lance, Reposition, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Panic Ploy 3, Spur Atk 3 seal
  • 4* Narcian: Emerald Axe, Vengeance, Lancebreaker 3, Savage Blow 2, Guidance 2 seal
  • 4* Olivia: Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3, Speed +1 seal
  • 5* Ursula: Blarwolf+, Growing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Threaten Res 3, Quick Riposte 3 seal

cleared Infernal. Spur Atk 2 and Quick Riposte 1 seals would have worked fine. I might fiddle around with comp/movements to see if I can get rid of that one Reposition inherit. Narcian’s bait power on this map though...the enemies must be lured in by his style and grace Emerald Axe and flying move type.

Spoiler

One of my weirder adjustments for Infernal: after having Hinoka shot down by the blue mage for exactly her HP pool, I equipped the Res+1 seal on her and got it second try.

This was admittedly after a couple tries figuring it out on Lunatic, mainly that the Brave Axe will move first, and that they move without provocation. So I put the QR seal on Elincia, had her bait and kill the axe turn one, had Corrin kill Corrin turn two and then everyone runs away. Turn three Hinoka and Corrin combine to take down the archer, Hinoka needs to tank the mage (who first shoots Airzura then Hinoka after being danced) because using Elincia to reposition her out would leave Elincia in range instead. Then just cleanup. There are probably far more elegant ways to do this but I've had an annoying day dealing with my house alarm falsely tripping and am in a bit of a mood.

26 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I'm stubborn so I'll find a way to make my semi-armor team + wrys work somehow. I believe in my units.

Cleared with the F2P Askrunits and Fjorm so it should be very possible

This thing can be soloed with Bridelia I think (an acquaintance of mine did it with Klein), but I lack the resources, most importantly my third WoM on the dancers, so here's some sound Flier Emblem thrashing with Catria as the leader even though she did jack this map. Who could imagine that splitting up your team would kill most solo-w/dancer attempts...

Success! An improved team of:

• 4* Narcian (neutral): Emerald Axe, Vengeance, Lancebreaker 3, Savage Blow 2
  • 5* Valter (neutral): Cursed Lance, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Panic Ploy 3
  • 4* Olivia (neutral): Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3, Speed +1 seal
  • 4* Wrys (neutral): Slow, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Live to Serve 2

cleared Infernal. Praise Valter, taking that fully charged Dragon Fang to the face.

Spoiler

Ugh. Too many tries and all ended up in failure. That map splitting up the units in combination with the unpredictable Azura makes it a real pain in the rear. Considering how many of you are being successful at this means I’ve been failing at this game worse than I thought. I don’t want to waste any more stamina potions due to the TT so I’ll just give up on this for now. 

@LordFrigidActually...I have those particular 4 units at LV40 including Valter but he’s a 4*. I can attempt to recreate your clear. 

My team of Vanguard Ike, Brave Lucina, Bride Cordelia, and green Azura barely managed to win out vs Infernal.

Ike and Lucina on the right, Ike tanks and kills the green flier on turn 1.
Turn 2, Lucina swaps with ike, ready with Close Def to tank and kill that damn Corrin. Ike's also got Spur Def 3 to help her live. Corrin will survive the first round, but will get danced and suicide on her. Looking back, putting Vantage on Lucina here would've been perfect.
Anyway, now I'm here:

lCX9SxD.jpg
I send in Lucina to attack Azura, and use Wings of Mercy on Axura to get below Lucina, dancing her and killing Azura, then killing the flier with Bridelia, then moving Ike next to Lucina and Repositioning her out to the right, lest she be killed by the blue mage.
On enemy phase, the bow attacks but can't kill Axura. The mage goes for Bridelia, and she barely survives no thanks to LaD3. Now we're here.
pig5WQR.jpg
From here, it's easy-peasy cleanup time.

Took a few attempts with different comps, but I finally found this one that worked for me. Definitely not as bad as the Tana/Amelia one we had a while back.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Success!

My 5★ Catria (Def/HP, +Def slaying lance+, Reposition, Luna, Close Def 3, Quick Riposte 3 seal) worked just as well as your Valter. I didn’t even need to spend any feathers! She had to tank a shot from the archer, but she lived with 3 (or 4?) HP which was nothing for Wrys. Thanks for the clear!

Managed it with Takumi, two 4* Olivias, and Xander. Just had Xander shove an Olivia over to Takumi on the second turn. Had him deal with the Green flier, then focused on baiting the rest over to the other side. Biggest hurdle was having Takumi tank the archer and one Olivia tanking the blue mage, but did it after a couple tries.

Ironically, Lunatic was more difficult for me than infernal, because of both the archer and the blue mage being able to reach me on the same turn thanks to Azura.

Edited by Nanima

It was menacing looking at all the units stats, but it turned out to be mind-numbingly easy. I almost didn't even record but why not. Lunatic tripped me up on the first try and then I came back and cleared that pretty quick and infernal even faster. What was astounding to me isn't that blue mages keep attacking Inigo instead of Matthew for some reason, but that Azura with her Sapphire Lance+ chose to attack Matthew over Ayra during her turn. What on earth would make her choose a colorless unit over a red she has a 40% advantage over? How much bulk could she have possibly had at that point? Mysteries abound.

One try. And yep, that was Ayra reaching 4000 HM just then. Good thing I recorded eh? Hero team is officially maxed out on HM.

@Hilda Always fun seeing the trio put in work but what kept me engaged was your music selection. The track was simply epic.

Well... eh, it'll be the 24th when the new GHB comes out so it'll be a while, alright. Mass tag for old time sake, go on and check it out guys.

@mcsilas @Johann @Fei Mao @DefaultBeep @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DarkLordIvy  @mampfoid

Edited by Zeo

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

What was astounding to me isn't that blue mages keep attacking Inigo instead of Matthew for some reason, but that Azura with her Sapphire Lance+ chose to attack Matthew over Ayra during her turn. What on earth would make her choose a colorless unit over a red she has a 40% advantage over, how much bulk could she have possibly had at that point. Mysteries abound.

It seems strange but there’s an explanation. The mage attacked Inigo because Matthew was able to double, activate bonfire, and consequently kill the mage, whereas Inigo could not. The same thing applies to Azura and Ayra. While Azura could have left Ayra near death, Ayra would have straight up obliterated Azura so she opted to attack Matthew instead.

With that out of the way, I glad you did record it since I always look forward to seeing your clears.

I cleared this within the first 10 minutes it was released, no need for stamina pots. Flier Emblem cheese as always, I kinda see why IS wants to keep flying mages extremely rare because they are that good, still I want Aversa as a GHB and maybe Sumia as a dark flier too.

This seemed really easy to me. Granted, I cheesed it with Lynhardt amd Airzura.

Rein and Azura on left, Lyn and Sigurd on right. Rein moves 2 forward, Azura dances him to kill Azura. Sigurd repositions Lyn onto the trench. Lyn repositions Rein out of range of the mage. Next turn Rein kills Corrin, Azura dances him to kill the archer, and then Lyn kills one of the flyers. Next turn, Lyn kills the last flier.