Bound Hero Battle: Into the Ground (Corrin and Azura)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Since Fabruary, a lot of really good units were released so this BHB was not a challenge for me. The problem I had the first time I played this BHB months ago, which is the splited team, I solved by using 2 flying dancers (Ninian and Olivia) so they can reach the other side quickly and give support to the others 2 allies . The quests are not that hard to do, because different from others BHB, one of the main foes, Azura, is very easy to defeat. Swordbreaker 1 is enought to Sharena defeat Corrin, and Azura with her Sapphire Lance doesn't have a chance against Anna.
Also... where we will get Azura's exclusive weapon and refinement?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared the cavalry quest with Sigurd and Eldigan tanking the crap out of the left side and Peri pulling and sniping the axe pegasus on the right. Elise was there to buff Peri. I'm not sure if she actually needed the extra Atk or not.

+10 Sigurd [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)
+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn [unique], Reposition, Ignis, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Live to Serve 3)

Cleared the Sharena and Anna quests in a single run with no Skill Inheritance on Sharena and Anna. I'm going to see how long I can keep this up before I need to give them new skills.

+10 Bride Ninian [+Spd, -Def] (Fresh Bouquet+ [Spd], Dance, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Spd 2, Drive Atk 2) [Summoner B]
+0 Sharena [=] (Fensalir, Rally Atk, Speed +3, Fortify Def 3, Speed +3)
+10 Sigurd [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Anna [=] (Noatun, Astra, Vantage 3, Spur Res 3, Hone Spd 3)

Sharena needed the Speed +3 Sacred Seal and Anna needed the Hone Spd 3 Sacred Seal to prevent Sharena from being doubled by Corrin. Sigurd needed the Fresh Bouquet and Drive Spd 2 buffs from Ninian to avoid being doubled by Corrin. The blue mage chipping Sigurd prevents his Quick Riposte from doubling Corrin to accidentally steal the kill.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cleared the Sharena and Anna quests in a single run with no Skill Inheritance on Sharena and Anna. I'm going to see how long I can keep this up before I need to give them new skills.

+10 Bride Ninian [+Spd, -Def] (Fresh Bouquet+ [Spd], Dance, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Spd 2, Drive Atk 2) [Summoner B]
+0 Sharena [=] (Fensalir, Rally Atk, Speed +3, Fortify Def 3, Speed +3)
+0 Anna [=] (Noatun, Astra, Vantage 3, Spur Res 3, Hone Spd 3)

Sharena needed the Speed +3 Sacred Seal and Anna needed the Hone Spd 3 Sacred Seal to prevent Sharena from being doubled by Corrin. Sigurd needed the Fresh Bouquet and Drive Spd 2 buffs from Ninian to avoid being doubled by Corrin. The blue mage chipping Sigurd prevents his Quick Riposte from doubling Corrin to accidentally steal the kill.

I didn't complete both Anna's and Sharena's quests at the same time. I gave Sharena the "Spd+3" Seal so she would be able to double the Bow Fighter, and I gave her Swordbreaker 1 so she would be able to double Corrin and avoid being doubled by him at the same time.

Spoiler

Also, congrats for your +10 units. I can't imagine how much did you spent to have them. My higher merged unit is Marth with +8, and I've been working on him since he got his refinement. My others merge projects are Soren (+5), Gunnthrá (+4), Roy (+3), and Lucius (+2).

Corrin & Azura in one turn: 

Oh - this one has cost me a lot, perhaps too much. First I tried the opening with L'arachel, but she was killed by the red Flier on EP (or Cordelia was killed by the Axe Flier if Roy killed the Sword Flier instead). The map design didn't give me much choices, but to attack the mage with a ranged unit. Cordelia needed really everything (DEF Refine, Summoner S, Hone SPD) to kill both Azura and Corrin, while Roy needed a lot of help to get the kills against the Sword Flier. Because of the Archer, his Seal slot was already occupied and Cordelia coudn't give ATK tactic, because of too many Cavs on the team. 

In the end I had to do this to get the clear done: 

pQhGVmX.png

While @Vaximillian will approve of this, she was my sole copy and I liked her design (and her tome) very much. On the other hand Tana was -ATK and Elise is my best offensive healer. She didn't have much SI apart from the Fire Blessing. 

..... of course directly after killing Tana I remembered my Spring Catria and that I could have achieved the same with her instead of Xander and Chill RES without the big sacrifice ... oh well I feel a little stupid now, that's when you use too much of your day to solve puzzles like this. 

Clears so far: 

Spoiler

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel
Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The LiberatorClear - Discussion Link - Video Link

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Chrom & Lissa
Clear - Discussion Link - Video Link

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector
Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Corrin: “Flanked on the east and the west... And I...”

...was too $#&@%$! far away from the enemies.

Good summary of this map. It's nice to see that GF on Azura is so useful, I'm looking forward to my first own GF dancer. Very good idea to evade the pre-charged Dragon Fang (what a pain) by killing Corrin with a ranged unit and to smite Olwen out of danger in the end. Pretty cool, congratulations! 

I wish the starting positions where just one tile upward. I could have used Lucina and her shiny new Assists here to finish that darn dragon Flier on PP. 

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Last time around I did this with fliers but this time my main team is more than capable of handling this. Well, two of them are.

Red-heads are back! Marisa and Micaiah the new power-couple, very impressive. Congratulations! 

@mampfoidnice one turn clear, that gravity on Elise helped you out for the Red unit not to reach her! This time annas refine actually comes into play, there were alot of different strategies involving her refine, but this once cleared the way in the end.

@Zeo

Askr Refine Team run against Corrin and Azura again with Wrys.

All quests done and minor

SI used: Alfonse: Swap
Anna: Smite

Seals: Alfonse: Atk+1
Seal Sharena: Atk+2 Def+2
Seal Anna: Atk +3
Seal Wrys: Drive Def 3 Seal (although i dotn think he needs this)

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoidnice one turn clear, that gravity on Elise helped you out for the Red unit not to reach her! This time annas refine actually comes into play, there were alot of different strategies involving her refine, but this once cleared the way in the end.

Thanks! Yeah, Gravity is the reason I couldn't use L'arachel instead. 

You are really productive these days, thanks to the long awaited Askir refinements. 

Great way to use Annas refinement, good idea to bring Wrys and her to the other island. Close call with Sharena against Corrin and his pre-charged Fang. Also Sharena making the doubles against the mage and the Swod Flier was good work. Congrats! 

@mampfoid Thanks! Yeah, Atk Smoke turned out to be the best C-Skill for Eirika I feel bad for the Arvis I killed for Def Ploy, he died for nothing.

Fantastic clear! The use of Gravity+ and Savage blow to chip the enemies was very clever. It's a bit sad that your S!Tana died like this but luckily Atk/Spd Push is great for healers so it wasn't that bad in the end. In any case, clearing this map in one turn when the enemies are so far away is impressive, congrats!

@kirauza343 Thanks! If Azura had Swordbreaker I'd be more annoying for sure, instead of killing her PP I'd have to retreat to mitigate the damage she deals. I think it's better that she didn't had it, after all with it the video would end up quite long, haha!

That clear was sweet! The combo of Marisa+Micaiah was a sight to behold! It was very awesome to see Micaiah survive the double from the mage (I thought she'd be done but that 1 HP tank was clutch). Good stuff!

@DefyingFates It shouldn't be that hard now Spd Tactic aside, I don't have it either. The hardest one to get is Atk Tactic which means diving a bit on the colorless pool to get a Legault, the other 2 are seals so it's very easy to put then on whatever units you want as long as they meet the requirements.

@mampfoid Was this the most demanding map yet SI-wise? Very nice clear though, and may that Tana rest in peace. It's pretty neat seeing that Gravity effect carry through to making the final kill work on the red flier. That was some really sly strategizing there.

Edited by Alkaid

I just recognized Chill RES wouldn't have worked since the Axe Flier got higher RES than the mage. At least the sacrifice wasn't for nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! Yeah, Atk Smoke turned out to be the best C-Skill for Eirika I feel bad for the Arvis I killed for Def Ploy, he died for nothing.

Good skills on favs may become helpful in the future again. I don't think it was for nothing. 

22 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Fantastic clear! The use of Gravity+ and Savage blow to chip the enemies was very clever. It's a bit sad that your S!Tana died like this but luckily Atk/Spd Push is great for healers so it wasn't that bad in the end. In any case, clearing this map in one turn when the enemies are so far away is impressive, congrats!

Thanks!

I wanted to use Gravity in a clear since a long time, too bad it was so expensive. 

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Was this the most demanding map yet SI-wise? Very nice clear though, and may that Tana rest in peace. It's pretty neat seeing that Gravity effect carry through to making the final kill work on the red flier.

I usually don't kill unique 5* units without spares and Tana was one of my favorites, so yes. The only other time I killed my only copy of a 5* exclusive was when I gave Heavy Blade to Cordelia, which proved to be invaluable in so many clears. 

In addition I killed a 4* and a 5* Narcian plus my 4*+6 Azama for Savage Blow because I'm out of Camillas and I gave L'Arachel that skill too early. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

..... of course directly after killing Tana I remembered my Spring Catria and that I could have achieved the same with her instead of Xander and Chill RES without the big sacrifice ... oh well I feel a little stupid now, that's when you use too much of your day to solve puzzles like this. 

Wait, is there something that I'm missing but how would HatF!Catria been able to reproduce the Gravity effect?

Since they put out a horse quest, I decided to clear with my horse team since I didn't do it last time. I'm glad that was done. Trenches and enemy refresher = bad news. 

Infernal clear with cavalry. Camus needed the Close Defense 3 seal to survive turn 3 enemy phase.

Infernal clear with fliers(old)

Edited by tobuShogi

18 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Wait, is there something that I'm missing but how would HatF!Catria be able to reproduce the Gravity effect?

No, the idea was to field Catria instead of Xander (not to replace Elise). I thought Catria would help in chilling the mage, so Elise could kill him without that expensive SI. But I was wrong, Chill RES wouldn't have worked here since the Axe Flier has higher RES and would have taken the Chill instead. 

18 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Infernal clear with cavalry

Nice clear! Cavs have difficulties on this map, doesn't seem to be true for your team. 

Was there a reason for that Breath of Life seal on Cecilia? Roy nearly didn't meet the Desperation condition. 

@mampfoid Congrats!  When I didn't get a notification this morning I assumed this was one of the BHBs you had already did.  Didn't realize it was that troublesome. o_o  Bummer about the Tana -- at least Atk/Spd Push is arguably Elise's optimal A skill, and I'm sure it will come in handy again someday.

My cavalry clear was Camus and Elise to the left, Xander and Frederick to the right.  Corrin decided to go left like a buffoon sealing their Fates.  Also for once I decided to do the kill with Askrs quests legit instead of AA cheese.  Nowi and Witch Nowi baited all the others to the right until only Corrin and Azura were left for Sharena and Anna to clean up.

33 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No, the idea was to field Catria instead of Xander (not to replace Elise). I thought Catria would help in chilling the mage, so Elise could kill him without that expensive SI. But I was wrong, Chill RES wouldn't have worked here since the Axe Flier has higher RES and would have taken the Chill instead. 

For some reason, my brain skipped over the "instead of Xander" part of the original post. It makes so much more sense now.

Nice clear! Cavs have difficulties on this map, doesn't seem to be true for your team.

Thanks! It may not have looked like it but it did take quite a few tries. Usually Reinhardt sticks with Roy and Cecilia with Camus that's how their support is set up but I had to field Cecilia on the right side of the map because of the Green Tomebreaker archer. 

Was there a reason for that Breath of Life seal on Cecilia? Roy nearly didn't meet the Desperation condition. 

No particular reason. It's just the seal that she usually carries. My horse team doesn't have the most optimal seals as my Camus usually has the Squad Ace A(HP) seal.

Edited by tobuShogi

@mampfoid Hmm...strange, for some reason if I enter the forum topic from your notification your video say it cannot be displayed but if I enter the topic normally the video loads normally. Not sure if it is something wrong with my computer or something else.

Also, R.I.P. Tana. I know I can't bring myself to fodder away 5 star exclusives such as YT!Olivia and K!Hinoka and let them continue to sit in my barracks.

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Congrats!  When I didn't get a notification this morning I assumed this was one of the BHBs you had already did.  Didn't realize it was that troublesome. o_o  Bummer about the Tana -- at least Atk/Spd Push is arguably Elise's optimal A skill, and I'm sure it will come in handy again someday.

Thanks!

Yeah, this gave me quite some trouble. Perhaps I would have found a cheaper solution with some more sleep, but I was impatient. Started in March doing these clears, so I still have a couple of BHBs open. Cecilia & Lilina will be difficult for example, I remember a lot of walls. 

Elise is really good (perhaps my only healer with ATK boon), I wouldn't have sacrificed Tana for a lesser unit. 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Darn, too bad about Summer Tana, but you pushed Elises's potential more! Must have been really challenging since they are so far away but at least you finished this one while not having to worry about dancing shenanigans!

Yeah, you could barely make out the enemies. Too far away for my liking. Elise appreciates the skill, perhaps you'll see her more in my clears. Btw: new skill used: Gravity. It's not as obscure as Obscure though. 

No reinforcements and plenty space for Fliers, this isn't one of the maps where I'm happy to evade EP. 

13 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hmm...strange, for some reason if I enter the forum topic from your notification your video say it cannot be displayed but if I enter the topic normally the video loads normally. Not sure if it is something wrong with my computer or something else.

Hmm, no idea. Perhaps vimeo wants to make visitors suffer as much as the creators suffered in the process. I'm happy you could watch the video in the end. 

15 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Also, R.I.P. Tana. I know I can't bring myself to fodder away 5 star exclusives such as YT!Olivia and K!Hinoka and let them continue to sit in my barracks.

Yeah, I'm also hesitant to do this usually if I lack a spare copy. Also Tana was a unit I wanted to keep, which was useful in AA and fun to play (beaming skill on the tome), so this was a big exception. 

Why don't you use Olivia? She is a cool unit, I'm still sad I didn't get her. 

Yeah, I'm also hesitant to do this usually if I lack a spare copy. Also Tana was a unit I wanted to keep, which was useful in AA and fun to play (beaming skill on the tome), so this was a big exception. 

Why don't you use Olivia? She is a cool unit, I'm still sad I didn't get her. 

I actually have two copies of her (and was the only 'new' unit I managed to pull off of Ylissean Travelers banner). I already built one of them up and the one I haven't decided what to with yet. I kind of want to merge her because who knows I unlikely might find nine more copies of her some day but at the same time she has too many good premium skills like Bracing Stance and Chill Speed on her and another unit might want one of those skills so I decided for now to just let her chill in the barracks so I don't regret anything later.

Sad to hear about Tana especially since flying red tomes and atk/spd push are still locked to seasonal units but who knows maybe she will show up on a future Legendary Banner once they get around to 2018 summer seasonals and you might get another one then (maybe one with a better nature even).

Edited by NSSKG151

11 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I actually have two copies of her (and was the only 'new' unit I managed to pull off of Ylissean Travelers banner). I already built one of them up and the one I haven't decided what to with yet. I kind of want to merge her because who knows I unlikely might find nine more copies of her some day but at the same time she has too many good premium skills like Bracing Stance and Chill Speed on her and another unit might want one of those skills so I decided for now to just let her chill in the barracks so I don't regret anything later.

Two Olivias? I'm envious, I got only one Libra (of course the one that got demoted and whom I pulled yesterday at 4* rarity) and a couple of red pity breakers.

If she isn't one of your biggest favorites, I wouldn't merge. If you want a +10 unit for arena, other units will score higher than a flying dancer. If you don't have the perfect candidate for a premium skill, then the decision gets further complicated. I have some premium 5* fodder laying around too (i.e. Sigurd, BH!Lyn, BB!Lyn etc), but like you I don't want to waste them on a unit I don't use/like. I'd love to get my hands on Chill SPD fodder though, it would go straight to Cherche. 

18 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Sad to hear about Tana especially since flying red tomes and atk/spd push are still locked to seasonal units but who knows maybe she will show up on a future Legendary Banner once they get around to 2018 summer seasonals and you might get another one then (maybe one with a better nature even).

Yeah, that was a hard decision. Legendary banners don't like me, so I won't get my hopes too high getting her before her banner gets a rerun. A better nature would be very much appreciated, but my luck with ranged seasonals ins't very good. 

Two Olivias? I'm envious, I got only one Libra (of course the one that got demoted and whom I pulled yesterday at 4* rarity) and a couple of red pity breakers.

If she isn't one of your biggest favorites, I wouldn't merge. If you want a +10 unit for arena, other units will score higher than a flying dancer. If you don't have the perfect candidate for a premium skill, then the decision gets further complicated. I have some premium 5* fodder laying around too (i.e. Sigurd, BH!Lyn, BB!Lyn etc), but like you I don't want to waste them on a unit I don't use/like. I'd love to get my hands on Chill SPD fodder though, it would go straight to Cherche. 

I guess I was kind of 'lucky' in that regard considering I was aiming for Sumia and Maribelle but ending up with 2 Olivias instead because there were no blue or colorless orbs both times. Azura is my favorite refresher unit in Fire Emblem but Olivia has been growing on me especially since I somehow have all versions of Olivia in the game right now but I'm still missing PA!Azura. I kind of hope Performing Arts banner comes back sometime this year so I can try for Azura again and end up with another Inigo instead.

Yeah, that was a hard decision. Legendary banners don't like me, so I won't get my hopes too high getting her before her banner gets a rerun. A better nature would be very much appreciated, but my luck with ranged seasonals ins't very good. 

Honestly, I don't like Legendary banners either as it is way too hard to pull for a specific unit. About the only unit I ever wanted from that is L!Robin just to complete my dragon team I have been working on and after showing up on 5 consecutive banners I still don't have her. I know most people would disagree but I kind of hope they don't introduce a new colorless legendary yet until after Robin shows up for me.

@mampfoid

Corrin's lady-chasing adventure featuring Alfonse.

I decided that if I'm going to be routinely lacking bonus units for Arena, it's time for the Askr Trio to pull their weight with their new refines. Thus did this Alfonse build be given a test run in this Infernal map. Inspired by this video, unsurprisingly it turns out Brazen Atk/Def 6 is hilariously busted, with Vantage and Deflect Melee being icing on the cake. Alfonse wouldn't have needed any of Groom Marth's buffs if the Deflect Melee seal were completed - I daresay he could've soloed the map with buffs if it weren't for the Blue Mage.