Bound Hero Battle: Into the Ground (Corrin and Azura)

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid

Yeah, that's my arena build. Vantage makes Alfonse go first, so if an enemy would double him, they're forced into consecutive hits so Deflect Melee activates. Incoming doubles and Specials aren't nearly as scary when their damage is cut by 80% (or 50% in this case, I need more normal red badges).

I'm sorta considering the Wrath build in Emboar bof's video (linked in my previous post), but I only have one Wrath fodder and am having trouble deciding between Alfonse and (the mergeable) Sheena.

Edited by Some Jerk

Well, here is my contribution to the BHB Clear Queue, complete with 2 min of footage where I legit forgot how to clear this damned thing.  L!Lucina is the MVP of this skirmish.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

@Selena4Lyfe Lol great video, I laughed my butt off. The music was fitting, cool edit. 

After so many deaths Sharena deserves a promotion and refine. Lucina is great here, but GF is always worth a mention. Strange combination with Drag Back and Bond ATK/DEF on Caeda, but it worked. 

Congratulations, definitely worth the watch! 

@Zeo  @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian  @Cute Chao @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Ginko @Nanima @Usana @NegativeExponents-

A bit late but here's my clear

Team is neutral Kana M, +Atk/-Res Shigure, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Atk/-Def Shiro +1

Music is End of All (Shigure's Version) from Fire Emblem Fates - Heirs of Fate DLC. Probably my favourite map theme in Fates. Shigure's voice is A+.

So yeah I did a clear with the Heirs of Fate children. Quite blue heavy but it worked out in the end. I love how all the special quotes were very fitting.

Also I just had to have Shigure battle his mother, but an earlier clear gave me an unexpected finish- you'll see in the 'alternate clear' at the end of the video. Azura sure goofed up there, trapping herself in that area! (After I goofed up Shigure's positioning for my thematic finish)

Shiro needed that Close Def seal to resist Corrin's regular attacks. Kana sure surprised me even with a regular Lightning Breath.

Plus I wanted to have the song play more since the original stopping point was awkward just before a chorus

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Really nice clear with all those blues! And good job on getting a Shigure finisher on Azura. Guess she was getting too pushy about his singing. haha And the second clear had Shiro show her who is the better combat lance. Makes me think about my unbuilt one. He's +Spd -Def, so I've just had him sit in my barracks all this time. 

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Not that i'm aware of? They sound normal to me, Shigure's version is more fast-paced than Azura's is if that's what your referring to? (The intro?) 

Huh, okay.  It felt faster in the beginning.  Love the music choice BTW.  It's quite appropriate, since the kids are delivering a beatdown!

@mcsilas Beautiful theme again. Kana is destroying another level of being thematic as his name doesn't start with "S".

Poor Shigure, what's with his A-Skill? AI manipulation? I don't think the enemies would have moved differently with Swift Stance equipped. 

Nice idea to include an alternative ending as the cool song was not at its end. 

Almost never see Kana, fitting addition. I didn't play Fates, but wouldn't the female variant fit even better here? (Never got her myself though)

Congratulations! Next (radiant) round on Monday. 

@mampfoid His A skill is Archer Attraction, but I have to be concentrating on where to put him, otherwise Azura moves to the right if he's not in range, and so Shiro has to deal with his mother.

Also I didn't really feel like wasting SP on Darting Stance. I'm gonna giv him a different A skill whenever I give him a different weapon, like Firesweep lance with LaD.

Also don't have F Kana, I don't really feel the need to get her anyway and would rather have Myrrh/Grima as another Green if I could get them. 

@eclipse Oh, that's fair enough haha. It does take you by surprise id you're used to Azura's versions of the song, I love how different this track is during the Heirs of Fate DLC. And it really fits because Shigure sings, but also has a small Azura duet in there.

@Nanima Thanks! Yeah -Def sometimes hurts but at least his prf weapon plus Steady Stance fixes that, and if you have Close Def SS, it can make up for the -Def difference. Spd is a bit of a weird boon for him though, I also have a +Spd/-Res one but I'm torn on using him or not, since his Spd isn't too high (unless you stack it with a refined weapon) but on the other hand, he also wants to be hit twice for faster charges. Well I just built him anyway since he's my favourite Fate kid and +Atk was a better boon for me to use for now anyway.

Finally did the missions today. Did the Anna and Sharena quests in one go by using them, plus Axura and L!Lucina. Wings of Mercy and Future Vision is such a fun combo.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Ok, looking forward to see your FSL Shigure in a clear. 

Don't have Kana either, but Grima is one of the few armors I kind of enjoyed to use. Myrrh is still waiting for flying hovering Grima to complete my dragon team with Ninian and flying Tiki. 

Edited by mampfoid

Unfortunately my browser closed and the forum decided not to save my post and I can't bring myself to retype everything (5+ Paragraphs) so I'm going to make things short. Sorry guys.

@Alexmender It was another day at the office for you here. Got a bit dicey vs Azura, but nothing Eirika couldn't handle. Props and congrats to how far you've come!

@mampfoid One of your most intricate clears, reminiscent of my M!Morgan clear against L!Lucina. My condolences to your Tana, especially considering it wasn't necessary. That shows dedication though. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it, myself. Respect there and be proud of your achievement regardless.

@Hilda Liked seeing how Sharena always had just enough ATK for every situation, though it was clear that was intentional. Cool to see they didn't have full sets but still dealt with the map. Nice that they can somewhat take things a bit easier with the refines. Teleporting Anna also looks fun. It's a shame she's not a better unit. A teleporting ability like that on a unit like Raven would be truly something to fear.

@mcsilas I could feel the significance of this clear despite not playing Fates. That's saying something. Having just enough ATK to secure a kill is always satisfying but seeing Shigure take on his mom was by far the highlight of the clear. Loved hearing the less common version of "End of All" as well. Also reminded me that I never got around to building M.Kana. Not sure why... probably his girly voice.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Poimagic @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @kirauza343 @Ginko

Here's the old Matthew clear for those who hadn't seen it.

Spoiler

This was probably the turning point for my team. Challenges still came, but this was when things as a whole started getting easier for Matt and Co. In particular, this map was and is still to this day, the easiest clear I've ever done with this team. And at this point, Matt didn't even have summoner support yet. That's saying something. Check it out if you haven't. And if you have, maybe it'll give you a nostalgic feeling.

Now we move on to the new clear with the Morgan team. Despite how utterly pitiful Matt's team made this map look. Morgan actually had quite a bit of trouble. Mostly because of the team's colors. The reason why it was such a trivial task with the Hero team was specifically because Matt is colorless. I was able to throw him into the middle of the map without having to worry about anything. On the other hand, Corrin OHKO's Amelia, the bulkiest member of the team (as well as everyone else while we're there) and the blue mage OHKO's Morgan. Which means no tanking shenanigans were possible, making things a bit trickier.

For this one I actually had to give Priscilla WoM, making her unit 3 out of 4 on this team to have the skill. Will Morgan himself ever get it? The world may never know. After quite a few attempts I cracked the map, but when it was time to record I forgot exactly what I did. After remembering however, I discovered I could make the clear a bit "cleaner" by giving Amelia shove which just overall smooth-ens the flow of the battle. All in all it was deceptively difficult but more so because the map is something of a hard-counter to my units purely due to color disadvantage, positioning and team composition. But if the old Valter GHB proves anything, it's that I won't let even the hardest of counters keep me from success. So here's our clear.

No third clear this time around. I barely had time to do this. I kinda had the idea in my head to do a PA!Azura vs OG Azura, but I struggled to find the team comp as well as set up the actual fight. In the end I had to abandon the concept. In all honesty though? My heart wasn't in it. If we're being frank, this map bores me. Still, Maybe next time.

Cheers~

@Zeo Nice clear, Wings of Mercy is always fun! Poor Corrin thought he would be ready to chase down Amelia with that Dragon Fang but alas. At least Morgan gets to flex his Close Counter against that axe flier! And Priscilla will be really useful in future clears I wish I can pull many Cains

Also Shove uses are always fascinating to see!

I hate that feeling when your post doesn't save! That's so annoying! And yeah I barely had time to do this clear as well, I wanted to do a Takumi/Ryoma/Leo/Xander clear (or alternatively, Xander, Ryoma, Hinoka and Camila, for the theme but I couldn't make it work in time. Plus that first team is horribly unbalanced with 3 reds...

At least I enjoyed making this clear though, with the main character's kids. Heirs of Fate actually had a better story than the main game, so it was good to kind of relive that feeling with Shigure's song haha

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid One of your most intricate clears, reminiscent of my M!Morgan clear against L!Lucina. My condolences to your Tana, especially considering it wasn't necessary. That shows dedication though. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it, myself. Respect there and be proud of your achievement regardless.

Thanks!

In the end the sacrifice was indeed necessary, because my Chill plan wouldn't have worked (the Flier got Higher RES than the mage). 

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now we move on to the new clear with the Morgan team.

Ha, I like the use of WoM in combinations with Smite Shove! Morgans buffs/debuffs were not the key this this time, but that's difficult with a split team. In the beginning I thought for a second you found a crazy way to tank Corrins Dragon Fang with Amelia, but that's already difficult with blue units. 

Well done! 

Edited by mampfoid

@Zeo That Matthew clear was very nice. It's a bit odd how the AI prioritizes their attacks by being incredibly inefficient, but Matthew shined there as always. 

The Morgan clear though, Shove strats are always so clean! Everyone put in lots of work but damn, Amelia is incredible.

@mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria

A week or two late but I figured I should post my clear now and do some late responses as opposed to never.

As you can see, still indecisive about the 4th member of the Odin team. Maybe I’ll just keep it as 3 members + special guest team?

Anyway, this map is one of the easiest with a flier on your side. Didn’t even notice until now but Florina didn’t even need the guidance seal. I could’ve just swapped Marth and Florina in the beginning. 

Odin needed WoM to rescue Priscilla from the Wyvern Rider and to later do the same with Florina against Azura. Talking about Azura, even with Marth’s buffs Odin wasn’t able to ORKO her. It would’ve taken an extra Spur Spd from Florina to do the trick which I didn’t have the fodder for and at the time didn’t realize I could just change her seal. So just in case you were wondering why I didn’t place Marth near Odin to buff him up near the end now you know.

The Horse quest was just Chrom soloing it with some heals from Priscilla and I just used arena assault to do the 

Also here’s the old clear

Spoiler
On 2/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I did fail twice on lunatic but I did it my first try on Infernal because I was already used to how to manipulate the AI on this map. I’m really starting to like mixed teams thanks to this new one I’m working on. Too bad tactic skills are so rare compared to hones and goads (not that I use them often in the first place since I tend to run mostly infantry teams). Using Vector feels like I’m breaking some sort of rules.

——————————

On 8/19/2018 at 3:34 AM, mcsilas said:

His A skill is Archer Attraction

More like Archer Repulsion. I’m still trying to comprehend why the archer went for M!Kana instead of going south for Shigure. I see I’m not the only one who put Guidance on my flier and didn’t need it. :P:Shigure vs. Azura was such a fitting way to end it.

Also Shigure’s “End of All” is the best “End of All”

On 8/19/2018 at 11:29 PM, Zeo said:

Unfortunately my browser closed and the forum decided not to save my post and I can't bring myself to retype everything (5+ Paragraphs) so I'm going to make things short. Sorry guys.

Eww I hate when that happens it’s just the worst. I don’t type nearly as much as you do but it takes me forever to put my thoughts into words and I’m a pretty slow typer so having to do it again feels like a cruel punishment. It’s happened to me more times than I can bother to remember.

Woah that Shove + WoM combo! That was so neat! Amelia dipping on Corrin last minute was the best. I can only imagine the confusion of him suddenly seeing her fly halfway across the map like that after relentless chasing. Darting Blow Amelia in general is simply incredible.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

A week or two late but I figured I should post my clear now and do some late responses as opposed to never

Hey it's some time we didn't see that Florina, she makes a cool couple with Odin. Odin is perhaps the most interesting blade tome user, can't get enough of him. Agreement on giving him WoM, that skill will become useful also in later clears for sure. 

I'll have to learn to let some units get a couple of hits even if they are not build for that. Like your Priscilla got beaten up a little, but it was necessary for the clear. 

Congratulations! 

@NegativeExponents- Hmmm now that I think of it...that's true... not that I'm complaining

I think the archer prioritises straight movements toward its target rather than diagonal? I already had a hard time predicting ranges with Azura though, so I welcome this AI miscalculation though

And yeah Guidance was for an earlier but failed clear. Doesn't hurt to have flexibility I guess in a map like this.

Also wow, I'm impressed Florina tanked that Dragon Fang like nothing!! Great clear, and I like seeing warping Odin!

@NegativeExponents- Sorry I'm so late but I just watched the clear. The pure finesse at the beginning sold me though. The effortless swapping and teleporting was too clean. Florina and Odin need merges from you so badly. I can't begin to fathom how ridiculous they would be with them and how satisfying it would be even if you don't think so now.

• 1 year later...

@Landmaster WOW HS Elise sure was tanky in that clear! I see Silque has been foddered off now as well lol

@Zeo @DarkAlf @mampfoid @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Azuris

So I had this fun theme in my mind but didn't know when to do it, then it just so happened that we have an Azura BHB in the reruns. So here's the Azura-dressers battling Azura!

Team is +Spd/-HP Adrift Female Corrin, +Spd/-HP Adrift Male Corrin, +Atk/-Def Performing Shigure and +Atk/-Def Mikoto

Music is Past Below (Flow) from Fire Emblem Fate

- A team of those who dressed like Azura (thanks Adrift) take on Azura and Corrin. Mikoto probably is the least like Azura's dress but she has similar designs as touches in her dress (like the flower thing).

- Dancer AI is annoying and Azura having Lunge randomly breaks Adrift Corrin's reliance on Bond skills. Had to have Adrift Male Corrin have both enough Spd and Def to survive both enemy Corrin and the archer. Which is why he needed Steady Stance.