General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Definitely expecting a spear version of Wing Sword for Rhomphaia with either a Wo Dao or the spd damage boost effect. It seems like one likely to retain it's original game effects for the most part.  I'm expecting Camilla to get something something new made up for her axe, just like they did with Hinoka's Lance. On top of whatever else they come up with, a drive atk effect similar to Hinoka's bow would be a neat reference to her Rose's Thorns ability in Fates. Not sure what to add to the Yato, besides +4/4/4/4 blow seeming likely.

Oh yeah. She could have a drive atk/def

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting Camilla's Axe will have some kind of Spur/Drive ability in her weapon (Camilla's personal ability in Fates is Spur-Like, unliky Hinoka's, but has a stronger effect).

It would be very nice if Rhomphaia has a Speed based damage boost in her specials; speed power!

If they give Rhomphaia all the bells and whistles it could have that'd be a pretty sweet weapon. I'm hoping they do at least something little to differentiate it from the Wing Sword, but even if it was just that but blue, that'd certainly improve Claire quite a bit. Now if only I didn't hate her Heroes art :\

Don't even know what to expect for Camilla since my memory of Fates is pretty foggy.

On one hand, Spectrum Blow would certainly make sense for Yato, but straight +4s for just attack seems massive. But on the other hand, dropping it to +3 across the board almost seems like it'd be worse than current Yato because, yeah, more damage, and less in return, but that one point of speed means he could lose out on some doubles, and Corrin is unimpressive enough that +4 to every stat on initiation probably wouldn't make him meta-breaking.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Definitely expecting a spear version of Wing Sword for Rhomphaia with either a Wo Dao or the spd damage boost effect. It seems like one likely to retain it's original game effects for the most part.  I'm expecting Camilla to get something something new made up for her axe, just like they did with Hinoka's Lance. On top of whatever else they come up with, a drive atk effect similar to Hinoka's bow would be a neat reference to her Rose's Thorns ability in Fates. Not sure what to add to the Yato, besides +4/4/4/4 blow seeming likely.

since Hinoka and Camilla are kinda oposite sides of the medal i woudl expect Camillas axe to have:

If unit is within 2 spaces of a flying or cavalry ally, grants +4 atk/spd during combat. (basicly the same as Hinokas spear, hint: Hinokas works on Infantery, all her siblings are infantery units, while all Camillas siblings are cavalry units)

Special refinement: Unit can move adjacent to flying or cavalry units within 2 spaces (basicly the reverse, while Hinoka gives flyer formation and guidance to others, Camilla can teleport to close by cavalry or flying units)

At least thats my guess

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

since Hinoka and Camilla are kinda oposite sides of the medal i woudl expect Camillas axe to have:

If unit is within 2 spaces of a flying or cavalry ally, grants +4 atk/spd during combat. (basicly the same as Hinokas spear, hint: Hinokas works on Infantery, all her siblings are infantery units, while all Camillas siblings are cavalry units)

Special refinement: Unit can move adjacent to flying or cavalry units within 2 spaces (basicly the reverse, while Hinoka gives flyer formation and guidance to others, Camilla can teleport to close by cavalry or flying units)

At least thats my guess

I wouldn't be all too surprised if they did something like that. That said, I hope they don't actually go that route since that might not be worth using over her current Slaying Axe build. Hinoka's base offenses were well-off enough to be fine with a self-goad and the support effects instead over keeping her other options like Brave Lance. Since Camilla's currently Iceberg proc-dependent I'd be worried how viable something without the killer effect would be.

I've also seen some interesting ideas that she could get infantry/armor effectiveness to reference Trample. That could potentially be nice for her, especially for high end arena. If they also gave her a special cooldown effect like Wing Sword has, as Rhomphaia could possibly have too, then we could have a Caeda-type flier of every color. (lower atk unit but 2 effectiveness types + special cd reduction) Dunno if I'd put my bets on that, but it wouldn't be too wild of an idea to happen.

So I have seen this image of some units that yet to got a refine to their personal weapons units.

Spoiler

9docw86dszv01.png

Excluding the Askir Tro, I feel that in the future these kinds of refine are going to slow down. Most of these characters are already good, with some exceptions like  Joshua, Sonya/Merric, Lyon, and Julia. But otherwise I feel that things are well off now.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So I have seen this image of some units that yet to got a refine to their personal weapons units.

Hide contents

9docw86dszv01.png

Excluding the Askir Tro, I feel that in the future these kinds of refine are going to slow down. Most of these characters are already good, with some exceptions like  Joshua, Sonya/Merric, Lyon, and Julia. But otherwise I feel that things are well off now.

uh there are plenty of underdogs left that could use a unique weapon reforge oO

Boey, Arthur, all Healers, Perry, Gwendolyn, Sheena, omg the list goes on and on and on, basicly everyone before the CYL banner happened last year!

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

uh there are plenty of underdogs left that could use a unique weapon reforge oO

Boey, Arthur, all Healers, Perry, Gwendolyn, Sheena, omg the list goes on and on and on, basicly everyone before the CYL banner happened last year!

He was talking about those with prfs already that might a refinement

Ogma

• Mercurious (16 Mt): At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP. At start of every odd-numbered turns, bonuses become penalties on all foes in cardinal directions with HP 1 or more lower than unit through foe's next action.
  • Refinement: Adds 50% of total penalties on foe to unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat.
Edited by silveraura25

I wonder if Tana is going to get a refine considering that Lene has the Safeguard that gives her 

If foe initiates combat, grants Def+7 during combat.

compared with Tana's Vidofnir

If unit is attacked by foe using sword, axe or lance, unit receives Def+7 during combat.

Even though safeguard has a two lower might than Vidofnir, it still comes very close. Maybe a refine that gives her close defense 3 can make her odds better.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder if Tana is going to get a refine considering that Lene has the Safeguard that gives her 

compared with Tana's Vidofnir

Even though safeguard has a two lower might than Vidofnir, it still comes very close. Maybe a refine that gives her close defense 3 can make her odds better.

I still wouldn't use Vidofnir anyway tbh; she's more suited to Fire Sweep Lance

1 hour ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Maybe Camilla's axe could have an upgraded Savage Blow on it, combined with her own c skill and the seal she'd do lots of AOE damage like how in Birthright she used the dragons vein to hit your whole army every turn.

That would be pretty interesting. I'd like to see that, along with Infantry/Armor-effectiveness. Might actually make me build up one of the Camillas I have in my barracks.

Clair's refinement interests me as well, though that's primarily because I didn't get very far into Echoes. I'm mostly looking forward to Corrin's refinement though, since I actually have a 5-Star of him who could use it, unlike Camilla & Clair.

@Jingle Jangle After seeing Safeguard+, Tana's probably getting a refinement with either that effect or a damage-on-first-strike-reduced-by-30%-when-attacked-by-Sword/Lance/Axe effect in the future. Hopefully also with Guard or Vantage or something else to help her work better on Enemy Phase.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Hype for Camillas Axe, tomorrow is the time.
Honestly, I don't hope that her weapon supports flier, because I want to use her in a mixed team. Guidance would be ok, but I am hoping for better thinks. Guess I will see tomorrow. I won't speculate too much anymore.

Edited by Stroud

26 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Hype for Camillas Axe, tomorrow is the time.
Honestly, I don't hope that her weapon supports flier, because I want to use her in a mixed team. Guidance would be ok, but I am hoping for better thinks. Guess I will see tomorrow. I won't speculate too much anymore.

The maintenance is in less than 3 hours. Hopefully the maintenance won't last all the way till reset.

I've got over 600 dew ready, 900 if I use up the 250 stones I have sitting around first, so crossing my fingers Camilla's Axe is amazing and Clair's really is a Wing Sword clone or something. Marth and Felicia might refined while I'm in the mood too.

Robin

• Levin Sword (14 Mt): Res+3. Deals +20% of unit's Def as damage.
  • Refinement: Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 2 to adjacent allies. (Effects will stack with similar skills.)

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Robin

• Levin Sword (14 Mt): Res+3. Deals +20% of unit's Def as damage.
  • Refinement: Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 2 to adjacent allies. (Effects will stack with similar skills.)

wut?

36 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The maintenance is in less than 3 hours. Hopefully the maintenance won't last all the way till reset.

I've got over 600 dew ready, 900 if I use up the 250 stones I have sitting around first, so crossing my fingers Camilla's Axe is amazing and Clair's really is a Wing Sword clone or something. Marth and Felicia might refined while I'm in the mood too.

Hopefully, but I can wait the time until they reset.

And I also have my Dew ready for Camilla, 220 Dew and 350 Refinery stones should be enough :D. I also have Clair as a 5*. It depends on what the upgrade will grand her.

15 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Hopefully, but I can wait the time until they reset.

And I also have my Dew ready for Camilla, 220 Dew and 350 Refinery stones should be enough :D. I also have Clair as a 5*. It depends on what the upgrade will grand her.

I'm still surprised Clair randomly got a refine now. I'm really glad I kept a 4* +atk -def copy of her around for a rainy day!

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

wut?

This topic is also meant for weapon creation. Go back a page and you'll see tons of new weapon ideas

So Claire's straight up got a Wing Sword. It's a nice weapon and will improve her, but I'm a bit disappointed they didn't try to differentiate it a teensy bit. Anyone have Camilla's? I'm curious as to whether my +atk/-res one is worth promoting.

EDIT: Saw and it's pretty sweet. Basically a free goad fliers that applies to herself too and works for cavalry.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 hours ago, Zelgius said:

Camilla's Axe wasn't quite what I was hoping for, that's a shame because the axe itself looks really cool on her.

Same, my core was about Camilla and Infantry/Armored units. Now it became quite a mess. I still can play her the way I used her before. But I want to make something out of her axe...