General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wait for Mae and Kagerou continues. 

With Seliph having gotten Miracle in his weapon, I wonder if more specials can be added. For some reason I thought of Galeforce for Peri's weapon. 

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

With Seliph having gotten Miracle in his weapon, I wonder if more specials can be added. For some reason I thought of Galeforce for Peri's weapon. 

Awakening!Galeforce effect would be nice on a Weapon, defeat a foe and then move again. It would be even better on a ranged Weapon.

Me: Beruka and Selena please!
Them: You mean Peri and Hana? Here they are.

Dang..this month looks like nothing. I will wait to see what Peri and Abel will have in store before I decide how I will waste my dew this month. I just might take this chance to give Julia a refined Divine Naga... 

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

Awakening!Galeforce effect would be nice on a Weapon, defeat a foe and then move again. It would be even better on a ranged Weapon.

It would be fun with more specials in weapons for sure. I really like the idea behind Seliph's weapon. 

My high expectation prediction for the next batch is:

Peri: Galeforce lance

Hana: Armorsmasher Firesweep sword

Abel: Brave Chill lance

Cain: Brave Death Blow sword

Finally, we're getting Peri's Lance... my Peri's time is nigh... I wonder if it'll boost her stats after combat where her enemy dies?

Cain, Abel... well, they're kinda in the air since their preferred weapons are not the ones they already own... i doubt they'll get Brave weapons though.

And Hana? Either an Armorslayer with Swift Sparrow refine or Swift Sparrow with a translation of her personal skill from Fates. Either way, she has to be getting Swift Sparrow on her weapon, parallel what Hinata got.

Edited by Xenomata

Somehow I want Abel and Cain to work a bit like the Palla and her sisters. I wouldn't mind them getting the same effect, or for Abel I could also imagine something which works with fliers so you know...Abel and Est. Yeah, here is the idea:

If you have Abels refine Est gets a movement bonus at the begin of each turn so she has it easier to run away from Abel. 

I’m hoping for Hana to get something like Nephenee’s weapon (Slaying edge with armor effectiveness), maybe with a firesweep refine. Finally IS remembered she exists so I’m happy.

Abel's weapon really is ugly, oh my.

Anyway, my guesses:

Abel: 11mt brave with speed tactic

Cain: 11 mt brave with attack tactic

Peri: 16 mt slaying with def ploy

Hana: 16 mt armor with L&D

Interesting? No. Good? Yeah-ish. Honestly, I don't have high hopes.

Bull Blade: 9 Mt, inflicts Spd -2, brave effect. Refine grants Goad Cavalry.
Panther Lanth: 9 Mt, inflicts Spd -2, brave effect. Refine grants Ward Cavalry.
Hana's Katana: 16 Mt, effective against armors. Refine grants Atk/Def +6 when attacked at 1-range.
Peri's Pike: 16 Mt, Killer effect. Refine grants Chill Def 3.

It's great to see the OG cavalier duo finally getting proper Prf weapons.

12 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Hana's Katana: 16 Mt, effective against armors. Refine grants Atk/Def +6 when attacked at 1-range.

Prf Brave weapons have 11 Mt, as demonstrated by Amiti and Cherche's Axe.

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Prf Brave weapons have 11 Mt, as demonstrated by Amiti and Cherche's Axe.

These have an additional effect though. Amiti only had 11 mt and speed +3. Cherche's only has 11 and panic ploy. These have 9 mt, speed +3, and a third effect.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

These have an additional effect though. Amiti only had 11 mt and speed +3. Cherche's only has 11 and panic ploy. These have 9 mt, speed +3, and a third effect.

True enough I suppose. From a practical perspective though, with the weapon type that's really short on Mt in general, and especially on users with mediocre attack stats, I don't think anyone would trade 2 Atk for 3 Spd.

I do like the suggestion of the conditional 16 Mt brave effect. Abel's 33 neutral attack and Cain's 32 could really use it. Huh, it's mildly surprising that Abel has more attack than Cain.

Cain has the higher Strength base and Abel the higher Speed base, but it's the opposite story with their growths.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

It is not just about additional effects, it is about how effective they are overall as a unit. Being able to buff cavalry allies is not a strong enough effect to warrant a huge nerf in combat performance. If they want to make their Weapons good, it needs to be competitive with other options.

Even with 3/3/0/0 combat buffs on Cain to simulate Amiti, Cain's 166:74:8 is still shit compared to Elincia's 204:37:7. If Cain has 1/3/0/0 combat buffs, his performance goes down to 138:102:8, and that huge drop in performance is definitely not worth the Goad Cavalry effect.

Challenger List: This is against Hard List, with both sides at +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, and Challengers have 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Elincia (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Amiti  
Special: Luna  
A: Life and Death 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Attack 3  

Cain (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Sword+  
Special: Luna  

2 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Where did you find the weapon descriptions? I don't see them in the notification.

But yeah, I have 5 stars of both Cain and Abel, so it'll be nice to give them prfs.

I've officially lost all hope of Frederick ever getting a refine. And lately, IS seems to only like giving refines to Fates and Archanea characters. At least mostly. Jagen and Gunter will probably get refines before Frederick does...

@XRay Cain provides support Elincia doesn't. Camilla doesn't get a third effect on her weapon because one is support and one is self-buffing and she has similarly unimpressive stats. In this hypothetical case, they do get a third effect, but that's offset by a negative. It's like Quan who hs the equivalent of attack +3, defense +3, and atk/def +2, but has it offset by not getting it against fliers. 

I'm not saying the weapons need the nerf or that Cain and Abel would be broken without it. I'm just explaining the logic behind the decision.

@Anacybele I think they're just guesses. Provided I've been following correctly which isn't exactly safe since I'm like half paying attention.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I think they're just guesses. Provided I've been following correctly which isn't exactly safe since I'm like half paying attention.

Oh. Well then Hana's wouldn't be very good if that guess is correct. Def does nothing for her since she has a very very low Def stat. I'd like her to get a prf Firesweep weapon. Otherwise, I'm still giving her Firesweep Sword. Her defenses are just so low while her Spd is so high that she might as well. Her Atk is good too.

I see that the localization team is still allergic to the word "sword". I guess allergy season is coming up, though.

I want Bull Sword and Panther Shovel to come with Brave as their primary effect and the cavalry beast transform effect (when initiating combat, -4 Atk/Def to opponent in combat and prevent follow-up) as the refine. Because why not.

Not too picky about Hana's and Peri's weapons as long as they're competitive with their existing options.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

@XRay Cain provides support Elincia doesn't. Camilla doesn't get a third effect on her weapon because one is support and one is self-buffing and she has similarly unimpressive stats. In this hypothetical case, they do get a third effect, but that's offset by a negative. It's like Quan who hs the equivalent of attack +3, defense +3, and atk/def +2, but has it offset by not getting it against fliers. 

I'm not saying the weapons need the nerf or that Cain and Abel would be broken without it. I'm just explaining the logic behind the decision.

But being able to provide support cannot be the only logic behind it. Klein would have never gotten Chill Def in the first place since Argent Bow [Spd] already makes Klein comparable to top Brave archers.

Camilla's Axe is not comparable to something like Basilikos (Slaying effect with Life and Death is too good), but it is comparable to Beach Banner and Hauteclere.
Camilla:
96:139:13 [special]
108:132:8 [Spd]
SA!Innes:
112:131:5
Minerva:
113:116:19
Raven:
186:59:3

Challenger List: Against Hard List, both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs, and Challengers have 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Camilla (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Camilla's Axe  
Special: Moonbow  
S: Atk Spd 2  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Camilla (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Camilla's Axe  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Innes (SA) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Beach Banner+  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Minerva (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Hauteclere  

Raven (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Basilikos  

Yuck Peri. I wonder if they'll try and draw inspiration from her personal skill. So getting stat boosts when she kills stuff.

Cain and Abel are nicer to see though. I was hoping Gordin would join them, but this will do for now. I can see them getting a refine like Klein.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Where did you find the weapon descriptions? I don't see them in the notification.

But yeah, I have 5 stars of both Cain and Abel, so it'll be nice to give them prfs.

I've officially lost all hope of Frederick ever getting a refine. And lately, IS seems to only like giving refines to Fates and Archanea characters. At least mostly. Jagen and Gunter will probably get refines before Frederick does...

It's speculation just like everyone else.

And hang in there, Awakening will see its next chance eventually! Tharja's refine was pretty recent and they seem to avoid featuring the same games in consecutive refinery updates.

1 minute ago, X-Naut said:

And hang in there, Awakening will see its next chance eventually! Tharja's refine was pretty recent and they seem to avoid featuring the same games in consecutive refinery updates.

They haven't avoided this at all though. This time it's Fates and Archanea. Last time it was Fates and Archanea.