General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

You know, I really feel like Cecilia is a bad unit, and that's why I haven't turned her into 5* yet. Too many of the colorless have better Res, which is why she needs a fresh start.

Aircalibur - 14 Mt, effective against flying units. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1).

If refined for skill, as a general she could get Spd Tactic or Even Speed Wave, which would be more useful.

Edited by Garlyle

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the issue with alot of mages, particularly the non infantry ones, is that it's going to be very difficult to put together a prf for them that actually performs competitively with bladetomes thanks to how inherently busted those things are.

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Tell that to my +10/ Gronblade+/ close counter/vantage Cecilia. With her balanced stats she is perfect for that kind of build. Maybe even best.

Fine. We can reduce it to 12 Mt. =)

On 9/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, Corrobin said:

Abel

• Panther's Pike- -5 Speed. When enemy initiates combat, guaranteed follow-up occurs.
  • Refine- Bracing Stance.

This would be the first weapon and enemy phase follow-up skill that lowers your speed. All the other skills use health thresholds, Quick Riposte, Vengeful Fighter, and Arden's exclusive Follow-up Ring, or ally and enemy count checks, Flame Siegmund. Abel's defense isn't that high where I feel like he'd be a reliable enemy phase unit even with the Bracing Stance refine or a defense refine and you'd drop his speed from 32 to 27 making it easier to double him. His default Brave Lance does that too, but he'd be able to get away from taking damage if he simply kills whoever he initiates on. Honestly, I think Abel would be better off with a defense refined Harmonic, Reprisal, or Slaying Lance over this.

Cain having Atk/Def Solo for his sword doesn't make sense to me. Didn't he regret not being able to save his friends or fight with them because he ran away or something? If so, a Bond skill would make more sense. You could even do something and have Abel and Cain mirror each other where both have a Bond skills for their weapon's default effect, but a different unique refinement effect.

Edited by Kaden

Here are a bunch of ideas, both for weapons that already exist and deserve refines, as well as units that really need a refine in order to get a better foothold in the meta.

Durandal (Eliwood: Knight of Lycia) - 16 Mt

• When upgraded, the description of Durandal becomes: Effective against dragon foes. If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.
  • Durandal can be upgraded with the additional effect: Desperation 4 (If unit’s HP ≤ 90% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack).

Tyrfing (Seliph: Heir of Light) - 16 Mt

• When upgraded, the description of Tyrfing becomes: At start of combat, if unit's HP ≤ 80%, grants Def/Res+7 during combat.
  • Tyrfing can be upgraded with the additional effect: Deflect Magic 3

Vidofnir (Tana: Winged Princess) - 16 Mt

• When upgraded, the description of Vidofnir becomes: If foe initiates combat and uses sword, lance, axe, or dragonstone, grants Def/Res+7 during combat.
  • Vidofnir can be upgraded with the additional effect: In combat against an armoured foe, grants Spd/Def+6 during combat.

Naglfar (Lyon: Shadow Prince) - 14 Mt

• When upgraded, the description of Naglfar becomes: Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colorless foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colorless foes during combat. If foe initiates combat, grants Def/Res+4 during combat.
  • Naglfar can be upgraded with the additional effect: If unit is within 2 spaces of a sword or lance ally, grants Def/Res+5 during combat.

Rexaura (Oliver: Admirer of Beauty) - 14 Mt

• Grants Def+3. At start of combat, if unit's Res > foe's Res, inflicts Atk-5 on foe during combat.
  • When upgraded, the description of Rexaura becomes: Grants Def+3. At start of combat, if unit's Res > foe's Res, inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat.
  • Rexaura can be upgraded with the additional effect: If foe uses bow, dagger, magic or staff, grants Def/Res+6 during combat.

Apocalypse (Sophia: Nabata Prophet) - 14 Mt

• Grants Atk+2. At start of combat, if unit's Atk > foe's Atk, inflicts Res-5 on foe during combat.
  • When upgraded, the description of Apocalypse becomes: Grants Atk+2. Effective against dragon foes. At start of combat, if unit's Atk > foe's Atk, inflicts Res-7 on foe during combat.
  • Apocalypse can be upgraded with the additional effect: Death Blow 3

10 hours ago, MegaBlaziken721 said:

Vidofnir can be upgraded with the additional effect: In combat against an armoured foe, grants Spd/Def+6 during combat.

WHY!?

10 hours ago, MegaBlaziken721 said:

Apocalypse (Sophia: Nabata Prophet) - 14 Mt

Sophia would rather have Raudhrowl.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Maybe so, but I think their idea has merit. A one-hit-wonder player phase build for Sophia similar to that of Lilina could give her some versatility as an alternative to the enemy phase Owl or Raven tomes.

Let Raigh do that instead. He actually needs the help. Canas, too.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

If unit attacks deal 10 dmg to target and foes 2 soaces away from target.

I think the Pain staff does not require the unit to attack to deal after combat damage, so I think that effect is better since it applies during both phases.

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think the Pain staff does not require the unit to attack to deal after combat damage, so I think that effect is better since it applies during both phases.

No, it does require the unit to attack or counter attack. 

8 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

No, it does require the unit to attack or counter attack. 

Ah okay. I just tested my Pain healers and the staff does not actually work like what its description said.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah okay. I just tested my Pain healers and the staff does not actually work like what its description said.

It's irritating, right? The description almost make you try to use a healer like Azama to tank, just to dish out 10 damage to everyone, but unless you have Close Counter and the enemy isn't Dazzling the idea sucks.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

All after-combat effects on weapons apply only if the unit attacks during combat. The unit does not need to survive combat.

All after-combat effects on non-weapon skills apply only if the unit survives combat. The unit does not need to attack during combat unless the skill specifically says so.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

Azama: 

Poison Lotus - MT 14

If unit attacks deal 10 dmg to target and foes 2 soaces away from target.

If unit Def > foe Def 5 or higher, foe can not make a follow up attack. 

& dazzling staff

I think that all future staff prf introduced via weapon refinery should have wrathful/dazzling as the refine. But that's just me

Cain

• Bull's Blade- Attack/Defense Bond.
  • Refine- Threaten Speed/Defense 2.

Abel

• Panther's Pike- -5 Speed. Attack twice when enemy initiates combat.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Cain

• Bull's Blade- Attack/Defense Bond.
  • Refine- Threaten Speed/Defense 2.

Abel

• Panther's Pike- -5 Speed. Attack twice when enemy initiates combat.

Abel has a fairly good Spd stat for a cavalry unit and it would be a shame to waste that on a spd penalty prf weapon. I get that his default weapon is a brave lance, but he isn't a great fit for it nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Threaten should never be a refine effect because it's an absolutely horrible skill under most conditions.

It's flavorful-Cain's sheer determination and energy scares nearby opponents into letting down their guards.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Threaten should never be a refine effect because it's an absolutely horrible skill under most conditions.

I think it just needs a bigger activation area, like three or maybe even four spaces away. I think three should be enough though.

Alternatively, they can just update it into a constant combat debuff against the enemy, so Player Phase ranged units cannot bypass the debuff.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it just needs a bigger activation area, like three or maybe even four spaces away. I think three should be enough though.

A bigger range is not the same skill as Threaten. The fact that Threaten's range is only 2 squares is precisely why it's a horrible skill.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A bigger range is not the same skill as Threaten. The fact that Threaten's range is only 2 squares is precisely why it's a horrible skill.

Could not they just update the Threaten skills like how they updated area of effect Specials to have lower cooldown to make them more viable?

Edited by XRay