General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

I don't want them to flood the pool with weapon upgrades, but I definitely think that the Askr trio, Roy, and Eirika should get upgrades to their weapons. Roy's weapon is so bad, switching it to something like a Wo Dao+ or Slaying Sword might be something of an improvement. Lilina should also get a Forblaze unlock. Seriously, why didn't they give it to her from the start?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Askr trio definitely needs their own Refinery upgrade options, if not a completely new weapon after beating a certain Story Map down the line. If they do make Refinery upgrades, I'd say that Alfonse should receive Defiant Atk/Def 4 (Atk/Def +9 if at HP ≤ 50%), Sharena should receive either Threaten Spectum 3 (Atk/Spd/Def/Res -5 on foes within 2 spaces at the start of each turn) or a Threaten Atk 3 or 4 with a wider radius (3 spaces instead of 2, making her more useful against Cavalry and Armor), and Anna should have Wings of Mercy 3 or 4 as well as some sort of Guidance skill.

Another unit I could see needing a Refinery upgrade is Xander. Even though he's one of the only two Cavalry units who have a multi-range weapon, that...doesn't seem to do enough for him. He's quite pitiful against anything not green even with his high Def, and with the dragons' and Felicia's new upgrades he's even worse off. Perhaps some sort of Fire Boost and/or Earth Boost effect alongside Distant Counter? Or perhaps an Atk/Def version of L'Arachel's Ivaldi with DC, as that would tie in pretty closely with his Personal Skill in Fates (Chivalry).

While we're talking about Nohrian siblings, Leo is also in dire need of an upgrade. With Gravity+ now a thing, Brynhildr's one-foe Gravity effect is obselete; and while the only other Red Tome Cavalry unit (Sacred Memories Eirika, aka SM!Eirika, Tome!Eirika, or Horse!Eirika) has pretty poor Res she has a whopping 12 higher natural Spd than him...what with Cavalry buffs being a thing, this makes Eirika a far better choice. I'd suggest either Gravity+, or an inverse of Ivaldi that only gets its buff when against a foe with less than full health, (as a reference to his own Personal Skill in Fates (Pragmatic)).

The last one, also being a Nohrian sibling, is something of a personal bias of mine: Summer!Elise. The lack of an increase in her Hibiscus Tome+'s Drive Atk/Spd effect is pretty awful, especially when the only flat stat upgrades she got were a choice of +1 Atk, +2 Spd, or +3 Def or Res. The least they could do is bump up her tome's effect to +2 per Drive stat, instead of a pitiful +1. It's no wonder everyone prefers Nino, even when Summer!Elise's stats are better; it's not that Summer!Elise is rare, or that you have to sacrifice a 5* Nino to give her Gronnblade+...it's that Intelligent Systems doesn't give a rat's ass about older Seasonal Units anymore unless they're Meta-Bullies like Spring!Camilla or Summer!Corrin.

13 hours ago, Stroud said:

Gradivus, because Camus sits in a doghouse. I barely see him.

I've actually been using Camus recently and while not S+ Tier or anything, he's still fairly solid, like A- Tier and I'd go so far as to say he's probably the best lance cav save maybe +SPD Oscar with firesweep. Granted, that's being best of a fairly mediocre bunch. Anyway, that said, I'd love a Gradivus upgrade. Maybe something silly broken but fits his personality, like brazen atk/def.

More likely though I'm betting Zeke will get in and just be to Camus what Zelgius is to BK.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

we need more dew, i have so many weapons that want to be refined but there is no dew!!!

Yeah, they really do need to add some alternate means. It also doesn't help that you need 4 regular weapons to do one personal.

I'd give Alphonse's prf brazen atk for refinement and bold fighter as an optional effect.

Sharena gets steady breath built into her weapon and gets infantry pulse as an optional effect

Anna is a bit tricky, but I've decided that she could get H!Nowi's prf effect: being able move adjacent to an ally within 2 spaces. As her optional effect: the effects of spur skills are doubled.

14 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I've actually been using Camus recently and while not S+ Tier or anything, he's still fairly solid, like A- Tier and I'd go so far as to say he's probably the best lance cav save maybe +SPD Oscar with firesweep. Granted, that's being best of a fairly mediocre bunch. Anyway, that said, I'd love a Gradivus upgrade. Maybe something silly broken but fits his personality, like brazen atk/def.

More likely though I'm betting Zeke will get in and just be to Camus what Zelgius is to BK.

Camus got screwed by lack of boon bane if anything and Dragon meta screws him over. Thats kind of why i stopped running Xander too

But then again lol using Horses that isnt ranged, Siegbert or Brave Roy

A buff on Camus that rolls over to hardin would be hilarious since Hardin is pretty monstrous

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Camus got screwed by lack of boon bane if anything and Dragon meta screws him over. Thats kind of why i stopped running Xander too

But then again lol using Horses that isnt ranged, Siegbert or Brave Roy

A buff on Camus that rolls over to hardin would be hilarious since Hardin is pretty monstrous

True that on the IVs. Sure 32/33 isn't a great base, but 36 speed is halfway decent when combined with a legendary weapon even if he'd only have 48 attack. Or you could go like +atk or +Def for better EP. He still wouldn't be amazing, but it'd certainly help him stand out a little more as a solid mixed phase cav.

True that on the other two. Double Brazen Hardin would be hilarious and yeah, with all the craziness they've introduced to mage and bow horses melee are pretty pathetic comparatively. I'd just add Sigurd To B!Roy and Siegbert as actually being worth using. His level of tankiness can be just absurd and he actually has pretty solid PP. Just a shame that staves don't count as magic.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 2/19/2018 at 11:05 PM, Astellius said:

Lilina should also get a Forblaze unlock. Seriously, why didn't they give it to her from the start?

They’re probably saving it for Athos since that is his signature tome. As for the Askr trio, those won’t be getting weapon upgrades until the story requires them. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

They’re probably saving it for Athos since that is his signature tome. As for the Askr trio, those won’t be getting weapon upgrades until the story requires them. 

Perhaps, but I rather doubt it. Forblaze is also a signature tome for Lilina, her Cipher art even features her with it. Furthermore, there's no reason they both can't have Forblaze, and Athos is definitely a low-priority character, so it doesn't seem too plausible to me that they would hold off on giving Forblaze to Lilina simply because they wanted to give it to Athos a few years down the road.

I think that it's probably because they wanted to limit the number of exclusive weapons at the time of launch, and the main ones with exclusive weapons were lords or 5* exclusive. Caeda also got shafted in this respect, since they didn't give her her signature Wing Spear. But I think they'll eventually roll out an update where Lilina can upgrade to Forblaze. I also suspect that Camilla will be getting an upgrade to Camilla's Axe sometime in the near future.

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

True that on the IVs. Sure 32/33 isn't a great base, but 36 speed is halfway decent when combined with a legendary weapon even if he'd only have 48 attack. Or you could go like +atk or +Def for better EP. He still wouldn't be amazing, but it'd certainly help him stand out a little more as a solid mixed phase cav.

True that on the other two. Double Brazen Hardin would be hilarious and yeah, with all the craziness they've introduced to mage and bow horses melee are pretty pathetic comparatively. I'd just add Sigurd To B!Roy and Siegbert as actually being worth using. His level of tankiness can be just absurd and he actually has pretty solid PP. Just a shame that staves don't count as magic.

Yeah kinda forgot to put Sigurd but he's definitely here, esp now that his Crusader Ward flaw is fixed by QR Seal

56 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Perhaps, but I rather doubt it. Forblaze is also a signature tome for Lilina, her Cipher art even features her with it. Furthermore, there's no reason they both can't have Forblaze, and Athos is definitely a low-priority character, so it doesn't seem too plausible to me that they would hold off on giving Forblaze to Lilina simply because they wanted to give it to Athos a few years down the road.

Cipher is a whole different animal so don’t bother bringing that one up. Some people are still upset that M!Robin Alter isn’t F!Robin due to her being the evil one in Cipher and Warriors. In FE6, Forblaze was just an S Rank tome and it wasn’t limited to Lilina; Lugh, Hugh, Clarine and Cecilia could all use it if they reached S rank in tomes. Expect him to show up by the time Nergal shows up in Heroes. Those 2 were old friends, after all. I don’t think it’ll take THAT long for them to show up; they’re already repeating characters as it is and Nergal is a major villain. 

Best case scenario would probably be: Athos gets added as a legendary hero of fire and Lilina gets a weapon upgrade soon after. Since the whole “legendary hero” thing isn’t limited to OCs, Athos himself would be a fine candidate as a legendary hero of fire. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Cipher is a whole different animal so don’t bother bringing that one up. Some people are still upset that M!Robin Alter isn’t F!Robin due to her being the evil one in Cipher and Warriors. In FE6, Forblaze was just an S Rank tome and it wasn’t limited to Lilina; Lugh, Hugh, Clarine and Cecilia could all use it if they reached S rank in tomes. Expect him to show up by the time Nergal shows up in Heroes. Those 2 were old friends, after all. I don’t think it’ll take THAT long for them to show up; they’re already repeating characters as it is. 

Best case scenario would probably be: Athos gets added as a legendary hero of fire and Lilina gets a weapon upgrade soon after. Since the whole “legendary hero” thing isn’t limited to OCs, Athos himself would be a fine candidate as a legendary hero of fire. 

They're giving alts to some of the most popular characters, it's not like they're running out of characters. The game is designed to make money, after all. I don't think there's much of a demand for Athos, so I think he's probably far off down the road, and that it's more likely they'll give Lilina an upgrade to Forblaze sometime in the more immediate future. Time will tell!

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

They're giving alts to some of the most popular characters, it's not like they're running out of characters. The game is designed to make money, after all. I don't think there's much of a demand for Athos, so I think he's probably far off down the road, and that it's more likely they'll give Lilina an upgrade to Forblaze sometime in the more immediate future. Time will tell!

They’re already starting to be very cautious about not running out of characters. Sure, FE has a lot of characters but we’re certainly not going to see all of them represented in Heroes. If anyone’s in need of a weapon upgrade that’s from FE6, it would be Raigh. Chances are we’d get someone else with the Keen Redwolf tome straight out of the box before they even look at Raigh again. Anyway, characters like Athos, Bramimond and St. Elimine would be fitting as “legendary hero” candidates for future legendary hero banners. As for Lilina getting Forblaze as an upgrade, it’s possible but I wouldn’t go as far as calling it her “signature” weapon. 

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Some people are still upset that M!Robin Alter isn’t F!Robin due to her being the evil one in Cipher and Warriors.

Not upset, just disappointed. And not because of her being Grima in Cipher and Warriors, but for the same reason I'm happy she's representing Grima in Cipher and Warriors.

Female Robin is cute. Male Robin is less cute. Still kind of cute, but less cute. You can never have too much evil Sawashiro Miyuki.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not upset, just disappointed. And not because of her being Grima in Cipher and Warriors, but for the same reason I'm happy she's representing Grima in Cipher and Warriors.

Female Robin is cute. Male Robin is less cute. Still kind of cute, but less cute. You can never have too much evil Sawashiro Miyuki.

It still feels like some people are being both upset and disappointed to me. 

As for F!Robin, M!Robin is still the more popular of the two so I can see why he got the alt. The voice actress? I really don’t care about her. 

Back to topic, I don’t see DC weapons getting an upgrade any time soon. The only upgrade I could see happening for those weapons would be the same thing the refined breaths are getting. Characters that had unique weapons in Fates such as Arthur could probably end up getting them in future updates. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Sweet, so Leo, Soren, and...Eirika? Really? Okay...anyhow, Leo and Soren...and Eirika...are getting their own upgrade. At least one part of my wishes have been answered.

Now only if they made it possible to beat motherfucking Fallen Takumi already...

Aw, I was pretty happy with my +Raven Soren. Never pulled a Leo so far, but I hope he gets something good. He's just kind of a joke right now.

Eirika is one of my most +1ed units by random chance, so anything for her is a good thing for me.

Like everyone else, I'm still really waiting on a Binding Blade upgrade. 

Is a Poison Dagger upgrade out of the question? Kagero kinda sucks, or at least I can't seem to find her niche. She kinda kills mages, but now Jaffar and Felicia do it better, not to mention H!Sakura.

22 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Aw, I was pretty happy with my +Raven Soren.

My +Spd Soren+1 has been wrecking faces with his default tome. I’m already looking forward to what he can do with his Prf!

39 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Is a Poison Dagger upgrade out of the question? Kagero kinda sucks, or at least I can't seem to find her niche. She kinda kills mages, but now Jaffar and Felicia do it better, not to mention H!Sakura.

They could give her her named weapon (Kagero's Dart) from Fates like they did with Felicia. I'm not entirely sure what they'd do with it in Heroes though since it's main draw in Fates was that it gave +20 Avoid.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They could give her her named weapon (Kagero's Dart) from Fates like they did with Felicia. I'm not entirely sure what they'd do with it in Heroes though since it's main draw in Fates was that it gave +20 Avoid.

Or just lazily give her bonus negation...because, you know...yay?