Is it just me, or is anyone having a problem loading YouTube recently?

Flee Fleet!

I don't know if this goes in general, but whatever.

Anyways, since yesterday, YouTube isn't working for me. The background gets loaded, but everything else (search bar, subscribed channels, notifications and your own channel, videos, setting e.t.c.) does not. 

Has anyone else been facing this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

12 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

The only other browser I have is the old Internet Explorer. It works slow.

Download Firefox, just to see if the issue is across browsers.  Could be Chrome, could be your computer, but a little more data is needed.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Download Firefox, just to see if the issue is across browsers.  Could be Chrome, could be your computer, but a little more data is needed.

Okay, downloaded Firefox. Youtube works on it, so it must be a Chrome problem.

Three options:

1. Attempt to debug this yourself (if you have any downloaded extensions, turn them off and then attempt to reload YouTube)
2. Wait for another Chrome update, and hope that does it
3. Try again later, and hope that it fixes itself

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Three options:

1. Attempt to debug this yourself (if you have any downloaded extensions, turn them off and then attempt to reload YouTube)
2. Wait for another Chrome update, and hope that does it
3. Try again later, and hope that it fixes itself

1. I don't have any download extension, so that isn't a problem.

2. Update I could do.

3. Or this. 

I don't have this problem right now, though I do recall a time when all the web pages I'd go to became garbled messes for a day or an hour.

I'd recommend clearing your browser history of all but the stuff you want to keep saved (e.g. passwords and whatnot).

It could also just be that your internet was busy/throttled or was otherwise going through a serious hiccup at the time.

If it's a persistent problem, I'd recommend reinstalling Chrome.  If it continues even after that, then you might need to use anti-virus or performance enhancement software, though I highly doubt a virus is causing your problems unless you're always downloading questionable programs or files and clicking "yes" on all the prompts in their wizards.

15 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd recommend clearing your browser history of all but the stuff you want to keep saved (e.g. passwords and whatnot).

Cleared the browser history, and it fixed Youtube. I guess I should have known to do that, seeing as Chrome would often lag when I didn't clear my browser history for like a month.

It could also just be that your internet was busy/throttled or was otherwise going through a serious hiccup at the time.

That wasn't the case since Youtube worked on my dad's computer.

If it's a persistent problem, I'd recommend reinstalling Chrome.  If it continues even after that, then you might need to use anti-virus or performance enhancement software, though I highly doubt a virus is causing your problems unless you're always downloading questionable programs or files and clicking "yes" on all the prompts in their wizards.

I'll keep in mind of reinstalling Chrome if the problem occurs again and the other methods don't worl.

As for viruses, I have an anti virus and I did some scans too to see if there were any viruses. Fortunately, there was none.