Is it possible to make 3rd tier classes for Fire Emblem 4? If so how?

I thought it could work well since levels don't reset in FE4 so the issue of having to gain extra exp in shorter games wouldn't be an issue

it could work something like one of these:

1 to 2: Lv10,  2 to 3: Lv20

1 to 2: Lv15,  2 to 3: Lv25

1 to 2: Lv20,  2 to 3: Lv30

if anyone has any info at all on this please inform me

Considering how FE4 promotions don't reset your levels, it would at first seem much harder to do than on, say, gbafe, but it's probably doable if you take the time to learn snes asm and decopher the machine code to then edit it and make it do 3 promotions.

6 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

Considering how FE4 promotions don't reset your levels, it would at first seem much harder to do than on, say, gbafe, but it's probably doable if you take the time to learn snes asm and decopher the machine code to then edit it and make it do 3 promotions.

I assumed as such. I'm just not quite that knowledgeable on rom hacking to pull that off and there are little to no tutorials on FE4 rom hacking

15 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

Why you need to reset level?

On 2/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, TIN(TheInnocentNerd) said:

Is it possible to make 3rd tier classes for Fire Emblem 4? If so how?

I thought it could work well since levels don't reset in FE4 so the issue of having to gain extra exp in shorter games wouldn't be an issue

it could work something like one of these:

1 to 2: Lv10,  2 to 3: Lv20

1 to 2: Lv15,  2 to 3: Lv25

1 to 2: Lv20,  2 to 3: Lv30

if anyone has any info at all on this please inform me

The way promotion works in FE4 does not allow 3rd tier promotion, but you can make it looks like one.

Take Fin for example. 1st Fin and 2nd Fin are 2 separate characters, you can make 1st Fin promote to Duke Knight, transfer all stats to the 2nd Fin and then 2nd Fin promote to Master Knight.

21 hours ago, hanhnn said:

The way promotion works in FE4 does not allow 3rd tier promotion, but you can make it looks like one.

Take Fin for example. 1st Fin and 2nd Fin are 2 separate characters, you can make 1st Fin promote to Duke Knight, transfer all stats to the 2nd Fin and then 2nd Fin promote to Master Knight.

Technically anything is possible (within snes emulator limitations) with enough work. I just want to figure out how.

18 minutes ago, TIN(TheInnocentNerd) said:

Technically anything is possible (within snes emulator limitations) with enough work. I just want to figure out how.

Well, then in that case, good luck, you might be the first person to figure that out.

I can only tell you the fake method, not the real one.

Please inform us if you do find a way to implement it.

Edited by hanhnn

4 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Well, then in that case, good luck, you might be the first person to figure that out.

I can only tell you the fake method, not the real one.

Please inform us if you do find a way to implement it.

I think Lamia figured out how but I couldn't find any info on how she did it

On 2/19/2018 at 7:02 PM, TIN(TheInnocentNerd) said:

I think Lamia figured out how but I couldn't find any info on how she did it

I only use a workaround for third tier classes by cleaning up the class list and adding separate third tier-level classes

tier 1 has stat caps of 20 max, tier 2 has ~25, and 3 has ~30

the 'second gen' in my project is simply a 'Part 2' which uses the same characters, so I can get away with having them start at tier 2 and promote to tier 3, and that's how I handle it for player usage; a small amount of third-tier units also appear in Part 1

as the base game goes, the promotion entry for each character in both gens only allows 1 class the unit can promote to, so you'd have to figure out how to manage anything more yourself

Edited by Lamia

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

I only use a workaround for third tier classes by cleaning up the class list and adding separate third tier-level classes

tier 1 has stat caps of 20 max, tier 2 has ~25, and 3 has ~30

the 'second gen' in my project is simply a 'Part 2' which uses the same characters, so I can get away with having them start at tier 2 and promote to tier 3, and that's how I handle it for player usage; a small amount of third-tier units also appear in Part 1

as the base game goes, the promotion entry for each character in both gens only allows 1 class the unit can promote to, so you'd have to figure out how to manage anything more yourself

Oh okay thanks anyways.