DLC in the ds games?

PB&J

Did sd and new mystery have dlc? Im pretty sure its just items but was there anything exclusive? Is there a way to still get the dlc in a physical copy of sd? Just curious on what kind of things it had. Did they also have any other modes for it?

So no dlc in terms of buying content. There was the online shop (which cost in game gold) which in shadow dragon was the only way to get Elysian whips legitly and have falcon knights. New Mystery also had an online shop but didn't sell anything not already in the game, just extra copies. Also I think it has downloadable bonus chapters originally from the satellaview and some bonus characters I think, of which IDK how to get the characters but the rom of FE12 I used did have the bonus chapters mentioned. It is also common knowledge that of course the internet capabilities of the ds are dead and the shops can no longer be accessed. This can all probably be bypassed with hacking of course but IDK if you're up to that or capable of that.

49 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Also I think it has downloadable bonus chapters originally from the satellaview and some bonus characters I think, of which IDK how to get the characters but the rom of FE12 I used did have the bonus chapters mentioned. It is also common knowledge that of course the internet capabilities of the ds are dead and the shops can no longer be accessed. This can all probably be bypassed with hacking of course but IDK if you're up to that or capable of that.

THe satelaveow bonus chapters are unlocked by compleating the prolog, and are thus not DLC. There are three new bonus chapters, and some usefull free items, that are only avalible by downloding from the internet (the free items work like the free items in awakening, and that you can give a copy to each save file once per save file. All bonus chapters use a predetermined party, and give you no rewards for clearing). More info here: https://serenesforest.net/light-and-shadow/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/ The common method of accessing this DLC is to load save data with the DLC already enabled. Whether the DLC has been downloaded is not part of any given save file, so all saves can use it (this as also frue with unlocks, such as the satelaview chapters). I belive that this one has all the DLC, and all unlocks:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/997174-fire-emblem-shin-monshou-no-nazo-hikari-to-kage-no-eiyuu/saves Given that anyone who uses the fan translation is using either a flashcart or an emulator, this is how everyone gets these items.

As for the shop, it is appreently possible to spoof your DSi's internet connection to connect to a replacement wfc that someone set up, which has the shops live. IDK how to do that though. Otherwise, you have to use cheats to get the shop items directly into your inventory.

Edited by sirmola

2 minutes ago, sirmola said:

THe satelaveow bonus chapters are unlocked by compleating the prolog, and are thus not DLC. There are three new bonus chapters, and some usefull free items, that are only avalible by downloding from the internet (the free items work like the free items in awakening, and that you can give a copy to each save file once per save file. All bonus chapters use a predetermined party, and give you no rewards for clearing). More info here: https://serenesforest.net/light-and-shadow/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/ The common method of accessing this DLC is to load save data with the DLC already enabled. Whether the DLC has been downloaded is not part of any given save file, so all saves can use it (this as also frue with unlocks, such as the satelaview chapters). I belive that this one has all the DLC, and all unlocks:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/997174-fire-emblem-shin-monshou-no-nazo-hikari-to-kage-no-eiyuu/saves Given that anyone who uses the fan translation is using either a flashcart or an emulator, this is how everyone gets these items.

As for the shop, it is appreently possible to spoof your DSi's internet connection to connect to a replacement wfc that someone set up, which has the shops live. IDK how to do that though. Otherwise, you have to use cheats to get the shop items directly into your inventory.

I wasn't fully sure on how they were unlocked but makes sense. Well thanks for the link and confirmation on stuff, I myself have no use for it as I already beat FE12 but others can use it. I have never heard of spoofing the internet connection and doubt I could do it so Shadow Dragon will remain basic for me.

24 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I wasn't fully sure on how they were unlocked but makes sense. Well thanks for the link and confirmation on stuff, I myself have no use for it as I already beat FE12 but others can use it. I have never heard of spoofing the internet connection and doubt I could do it so Shadow Dragon will remain basic for me.

I recomend playing the three bonus chapters. THey are fun (and the "assasins" one allows you to play as villans, which is the only time in the series where you can do that.)

Edited by sirmola

Speaking of the bonus chapters, Michaelis and Phina made an odd, but strategically effective pair. I lowkey shipped it, even though they had feelings for others.

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 11:09 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

It pretty much only involves an Action Replay cart. It’s very, very simple to do if you have the gear for it and a bit of knowing how to set up DS internet; in the case of a flashcart running a rom, it’s even easier because you can just patch the rom directly on your flashcart and bypass the need for codes entirely.