New to Cipher and building a deck

ChananaPeel

Hi, I'm new to Cipher and plan to build a deck on my own. I have a good amount of experience with other TCG such as yugioh and pokemon. While I understand how ratios work I can't seem to find a reliable source of information on decks to build my own and I've spent the past few hours just trying to figure out how many copies of a MC I should be running. Cipher plays so drastically different from what I'm used to, I'm completely lost.

While looking through some cards, I've taken an interest in Gerik, Amelia, Joshua, Lute, Rutger, and Fir. I'd like some help learning if any decks can be made around who I've listed and cards that have synergy with that MC. 

While doing some research, I think Lute would have the most potential, Joshua with the ability to recycle copies of himself to crit and evade with a gimmicky but fun skill to take orbs,  a Rutger/Fir deck for unavoidable attacks, while Gerik would be some kind of basic 10 support swarm, and Amelia seems too slow and is without a relevant enough ability.

Edited by ChananaPeel

Hi ChananaPeel,

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't finding any luck with sources. I know quite a few and will list them below:

Spoiler

I don't have enough time to give you advice on your deck (work), but if you'd like to message me I'd be willing to work with you on your deck. I'll do some research and see what I come up with!

Hope this helps,

eccentrica_19

I can give you a hand too, I play with three or four guys every Thursday and they also try to keep up to date on decks to play - we actually just discussed Joshua MC last week, I can ask them for their lists if you want a general idea of some cards that can work. In the meantime, I'll give a bit of input.
First, the number of copies of your MC will usually depend on the MC and the number of cards of them they have printed - for someone with only two cards, like for example my Kilmar deck, you usually want to run the maximum number allowed, so four copies of each card. With someone with more cards to their name, like say Chrom to throw a name out there, it'll depend on what you're trying to do with the deck - for example, Chrombie is going to be useless in any non-Risen deck and should only be run if you're playing a deck based on Chrombie, while Heartless Mirage Chrom should never be run except in an Itsuki MC deck.
Gerik does not have a Cost 1, and can't be used as an MC. If he had one, I've been told Dieck/Deke is a decent character to play with him.
Amelia can actually be a beast MC in a Purple-Green deck as one of my friends has shown us for a couple weeks now. Off the top of my head, I recall him also playing Jill thanks to her Level Up Skill, which allows you to get Amelia set up faster, and I think Ena, but I don't remember which copy of her he ran. Again, I can ask for his list if you want ideas.
I think Lute does better as a Supporting Unit than as an MC, but you're welcome to try her if you want.
Never tried Rutger or Fir as MC since I can't seem to get my hands on any copies of either, but they do have solid synergy. I already mentioned I'd be happy to ask about Joshua for you. Anyways, hopefully this helps, let me know too if you still want any assistance - more help is almost always better, right?