Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

That's pretty good! Did you make it yourself or have someone else do it?
If you did it yourself we may have to make you a spriter on the spot but no pressure

I made it myself, and I don't think I'll be able to handle official stuff with this thread because I may need to provide more sprites for a D&D campaign I'm going to be partaking in.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Space1255 said:

I made it myself, and I don't think I'll be able to handle official stuff with this thread because I may need to provide more sprites for a D&D campaign I'm going to be partaking in.

You're fine, I was mostly joking. If you ever have spare time and want to practice on something, though, the requests don't have a shelf life and keep forever! We'd also love to see any fun little sprites you make and don't mind sharing - Peev's been putting his random works on here, and if Apples ever shows up again it'll probably be with one or two things he made.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

You're fine, I was mostly joking. If you ever have spare time and want to practice on something, though, the requests don't have a shelf life and keep forever! We'd also love to see any fun little sprites you make and don't mind sharing - Peev's been putting his random works on here, and if Apples ever shows up again it'll probably be with one or two things he made.

Alright. I'll probably end up just using this place to dump my sprites, then, and probably will give it a try. Thanks.

Made two more bois, both remakes of characters I previously made for my pitiful attempt at being a FE-styled D&D DM. Posting the earliest iteration of them both to show a comparison between them. Going to put a little bio for both of them in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Leif (green boi) - A mercenary hailing from a forested kingdom called Oaksentag, he was meant to be a serious character with fairly decent starting stats. However, as the campaign went on, he missed, a lot. He eventually became more or less of a joke between my players (and myself) due to how often he missed, his controller always having him uncontrollably bawl whenever he misses, the same thing happening to the enemy should their own attack miss.

He uses Innes's head, and for his older version, Chrom's torso and pauldron, and Lon'Qu's arms and legs. His modern version uses Laslow's torso, pauldron, and shoes, someone else's legs, Lon'Qu's arms, and Chrom's scabbard Also has a hidden pouch from Gordin under his hand on his hip. Both versions have a recolored Awakening Falchion, the handle (hidden by his hand) recolored to be brown to match his color scheme.

Hercules (now black boi) - A former general from a wealthy kingdom called Yamigi. He has a younger sister, Amelia, who has severe separation anxiety and started fighting with him. Just like his design suggests, he is an absolute tank. His most recent variant (before that campaign also went to shit with my inability to balance encounters fairly against a bunch of people with highly varied stats) had a weapon that let him attack with his DEF, making him a fairly formidable DPS tank. 

He uses Barst's head, and for his old and new version alike, shares the generic armor knight's armoring and boots, and Barst's torso for the belt. His older version uses Draug's pants and arms, and is depicted with a Slaying Axe, his shield also being from the Generic Lance Armor. His current version has Arden's shield pasted vertically on itself to form the phalanx-esque shield he is depicted with, also taking Arden's waist armor. His legs have been swapped out for Barst's waist and legs recolored grey, and is now depicted with a recolored version of Basilikos as well. 

Redesigned Leif.png

Redesigned Hercules.png

Leif v2.png

Hercules.png

Not my best build. I don't like how hard it is to get layers to white without doing it by hand, but it ends up looking like ass if I do. Black/White works for this purpose, I suppose

It's supposed to be Pelleas, by the way, for @Hero_Lucina

Edited by peevthesheev

Made a thief based on another character used for my bootleg dnd escapades. Still slightly dissatisfied with the outcome, but at least I didn't make her the spray-on-tan version of her I made the first time around. Posting original sprite for comparison.

Edit: I just realized I use something from Barst for pretty much everything.

Redesigned Astra.png

Astra.png

Edited by Space1255

17 hours ago, Space1255 said:

Edit: I just realized I use something from Barst for pretty much everything.

That's fine, he's not much better than fodder in the game anyways, might as well use him as fodder in spriting too! XD

On 5/3/2018 at 7:12 AM, peevthesheev said:

Untitled-1.png

Looks fine to me, Peev, the only thing I might mention is that his arm looks a little bit scrunched in, like someone pushed his shoulder into his collarbone. Maybe move the arm to the left a little bit so it looks like he has a shoulder?

On 5/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, SoulWeaver said:

That's fine, he's not much better than fodder in the game anyways, might as well use him as fodder in spriting too! XD

Looks fine to me, Peev, the only thing I might mention is that his arm looks a little bit scrunched in, like someone pushed his shoulder into his collarbone. Maybe move the arm to the left a little bit so it looks like he has a shoulder?

Thanks for the criticism, I do enjoy when people point out things to fix. Makes me feel some validation for what I do.

I assumed you meant the right shoulder. Hows this?

Edited by peevthesheev

3 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Thanks for the criticism, I do enjoy when people point out things to fix. Makes me feel some validation for what I do.

I assumed you meant the right shoulder. Hows this?

Pelleas 2.0.png

Yeah, sorry I didn't catch this sooner, for some reason it never notified me you posted on here when you put this up, so I didn't see it before. Looks much better now!

More or less a test sprite working with Fallout Shelter assets. I need an opinion (or a few) on whether Fallout Shelter weapons can work with Fire Emblem: Heroes stuff.

Dwyer Fixed.png

2 hours ago, Space1255 said:

More or less a test sprite working with Fallout Shelter assets. I need an opinion (or a few) on whether Fallout Shelter weapons can work with Fire Emblem: Heroes stuff.

Dwyer Fixed.png

The boots being more armor-y seems a bit off and seeing Niles with a gun is strange, but overall it seems like they look fine to me. The boots thing may very well just be me.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:14 PM, bottlegnomes said:

I never realized Arden had a butt chin in his sprite before.

Don't mock my man's cleft, you heathen, he's self concious

Edited by peevthesheev

22 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Don't mock my man's cleft, you heathen, he's self concious

ShyArden.png

Nooo D: I didn't mean it like that, Arden!

Arden is a character I do feel a little bad for. He showed up and had this awesome skill, and then a little less than two months later the other fighter skills showed up and basically powercrept pursuit ring.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Nooo D: I didn't mean it like that, Arden!

Arden is a character I do feel a little bad for. He showed up and had this awesome skill, and then a little less than two months later the other fighter skills showed up and basically powercrept pursuit ring.

Gets powercleft to hell in Genealogy, gets powercleft to hell in Heroes. Poor fucker can't catch a break

At least his Pursuit Ring skill in Heroes isn't inheritable, or it would actually be Genealogy 2.0 with people stealing his shit

Just now, peevthesheev said:

Gets powercleft to hell in Genealogy, gets powercleft to hell in Heroes. Poor fucker can't catch a break

At least his Pursuit Ring skill in Heroes isn't inheritable, or it would actually be Genealogy 2.0 with people stealing his shit

Too true. It's like, "Oh, hey, buddy, that's a neat ring you've got there. Hey, Lewyn, I have something for you."

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Too true. It's like, "Oh, hey, buddy, that's a neat ring you've got there. Hey, Lewyn, I have something for you."

Speaking of which, I can't wait for Lewyn or Ced to hit Heroes. 

If Lewyn has the pursuit ring as his B slot I think I would die laughing

4 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Speaking of which, I can't wait for Lewyn or Ced to hit Heroes. 

If Lewyn has the pursuit ring as his B slot I think I would die laughing

Oh jeez, and what if they made Forseti a brave tome as a sort of tribute to its massive speed boost? That would be so much salt in the wound.

But yeah, speaking of them, I'd be hyped for either. I'd prefer Lewyn a little just because I like his outfit better.

Edited by bottlegnomes

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh jeez, and what if they made Forseti a brave tome as a sort of tribute to its massive speed boost? That would be so much salt in the wound.

But yeah, speaking of them, I'd be hyped for either. I'd prefer Lewyn a little just because I like his outfit better.

It would either be scruffy bard Lewyn from part 1 or Ced. I don't think they would put in asshole Forseti Lewyn as the first unit, look at Arvis. He came in as a Sage before he came in as an armor unit. I'm actually still a little mad about that one.

Although, as the counter for that argument, Dark Emperor Hardin got in before Turban Horse Bro Hardin

Just now, peevthesheev said:

It would either be scruffy bard Lewyn from part 1 or Ced. I don't think they would put in asshole Forseti Lewyn as the first unit, look at Arvis. He came in as a Sage before he came in as an armor unit. I'm actually still a little mad about that one.

Although, as the counter for that argument, Dark Emperor Hardin got in before Turban Horse Bro Hardin

Definitely gen 1 Lewyn, and same on Arvis. It was like they were mocking us too, what with Halloween Henry coming out like two weeks later. As much as I get them adding in evil Hardin, DC lance armor with great stats, over Horse Hardin, the millionth lance cav with solid but not astounding stats, I am still a little disappointed by that one. Hardin was one of my favorite characters in SD. And not just because he was one of the few who had any characterization.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Definitely gen 1 Lewyn, and same on Arvis. It was like they were mocking us too, what with Halloween Henry coming out like two weeks later. As much as I get them adding in evil Hardin, DC lance armor with great stats, over Horse Hardin, the millionth lance cav with solid but not astounding stats, I am still a little disappointed by that one. Hardin was one of my favorite characters in SD. And not just because he was one of the few who had any characterization.

My anger for Arvis not being Emperor Arvis was more because I had a Takumi ready to burn for that sweet CC on him, but I'm made peace with the fact that we got gorgeous young father Arvis instead.

Fire Emblem has this habit of making very tragic "villain" characters like Hardin and Arvis, and that's something I really love about the series. Arvis was forced to do the shit he did by Manfroy, but he tried to make the best of it and ruled well and fairly before Julius usurped him. Hardin was simply in love with Nyna who was still pining for Camus, unaware that he was already balls deep in Tatiana, and when Hardin discovered this, he fell to depression, and Gharnef managed to give him the Darksphere, transforming one of Marth's closest allies into a tyrant.

I'm happy Emperor Hardin got in, both the armor units from that banner were insane. Grima is an absolute monster on enemy phase, and Hardin is an amazing attacker with Bold Fighter. It might be confusing for people who only played SD, though, to see Horse Bro as this tyrannical monster

On 5/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, bottlegnomes said:

The boots being more armor-y seems a bit off and seeing Niles with a gun is strange, but overall it seems like they look fine to me. The boots thing may very well just be me.

Yeah. I just threw it together to get a general idea of what it all looks like alongside with the gun, and I should probably change the boots. Still, time to start flooding this topic with a lot of guns. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Doing another posing test. May end up using this guy as my mannequin for poses I'm unsure of

Sword-Gun Trite.png

Edited by Space1255