Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NoahStratos said:

First time requesting sprites actually... I don't know what else to put before my requests since I'm having a hard time doing stuff here and elsewhere currently.

Requesting 4 custom-made weapon sprites in the FEH style and design elements with matching weapon effects and animation sprites. These weapons are all from Terraria.
I have also requested pics of existing FE characters with these weapons; they aren't really big priorities but it wouldn't hurt to do them.
(all linked sprites were borrowed from the Terraria wiki)

North Pole

Reveal hidden contents

North_Pole.png?version=a37ad2ea13c9e5660
Criminally underrated weapon type in Terraria, not so much in Fire Emblem. The North Pole will have the most sprites associated with it due to the two unique projectile the spear fires when used. Highly similar to Siegmund, so try to base the North Pole's lance sprite with Ephraim's lance.
For the chosen unit to hold this weapon: Fjorm

That's all I have to request currently, need to take a relaxing break for a while.

I'll start on your North Pole lance. Give me a few.

Edit: I got the lance done. Is this what you wanted, or is there something I should change with it?

Request Terraria North Pole.png

Edited by Space1255

22 minutes ago, Space1255 said:

Edit: I got the lance done. Is this what you wanted, or is there something I should change with it?

Colors are a bit off... and I'm not sure if this is a recolor or not, but it looks like it. Possibly it's a bit too saturated compared to the original sprite. And the North Pole isn't really as ornate as the Siegmund IIRC.
I'm sure you'll get a better sprite eventually.

Ah, my bad. I misread what you said, reading it as a request for a Siegmund recolor. But yeah, looking back on it, it does seem a bit too saturated compared to the original.

Edited by Space1255

6 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

But how did Saias get full Loptyr blood? Aida doesn't have any, she's just got some minor Fala/Fjalar

...one more time...
OUTREALMS SON
In this Outrealm, Saias got literally everything - including Julius' legitimacy. Saias is Deirdre's son, while Julius is Aida's illegitimate here.

5 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

While I'm working on Ishtar, Tailtiu and Deirdre, I would like to happily point out something

Lene has some ROCKING hips

BtlFace_C.png

Hey, that reminds me, someone had a custom Ishtar they made a long while back on the other Thread. Don't remember who, but it should be interesting to compare with actual Ishtar now that we have her to compare with.

Spoiler

7w4kOO0.png.e46f4da478ad6d690428f19608d37fa3.png

Also Lene's a Dancing Girl, did you expect her to not have hips you want to rock all night long?

58 minutes ago, Space1255 said:

That looks pretty good to me considering the original images aren't loading for me so I can't compare. Anyways, would you like us to put you down as a Spriter, or are you just passing through? You would technically need to complete two more requests to be an official Spriter if you're interested.

Edited by SoulWeaver

If I ended up actually doing requests full-time, I'll probably never get anything done because I'll feel like everything I make won't be good enough for the person whose request I'm taking, but if you want to put me down, go for it. I'm game at this point.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

That looks pretty good to me considering the original images aren't loading for me so I can't compare. Anyways, would you like us to put you down as a Spriter, or are you just passing through? You would technically need to complete two more requests to be an official Spriter if you're interested.

The images worked on my end... at least the links directly point to the weapons' pages. Images not working on someone else's browser bothers me.
Here's the original image again (probably didn't work because of recent url changes in the wiki):

Spoiler

North_Pole.png

Tell me if it still doesn't work.

10 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

Yeah, I get the feeling that Loptyr has some possession issues

"Possession issues" is the story of Loptyr's life for the past 100+ years.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:46 AM, Vaximillian said:

leif_nanna.png

What does it say when one of the first things I notice is her dress is translucent?

On 4/15/2018 at 2:36 PM, peevthesheev said:

Red.png

Not a bad Red.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:59 PM, peevthesheev said:

Blue.png

Not a bad Blue/Green (Green makes more sense since Green Oak is a tree and Blue Oak is not, but both names are fine).

Although I'm more of a Gold and Silver person, and Kris.

But I've already used my current request card for the FE7 scene and that ain't gonna change until Nils gets in and it happens! So no asking for GSK, or using Male Kana as part of a Dragon Quest V Parry request, with Bianca blonde hair and the Zenithian Sword. I'm serious about not asking for them. I'm just imagining out loud.

1 hour ago, peevthesheev said:

So does no one know how to delete all of your attachments? I can't upload any new sprites until I figure it out

I have a temporary workaround, I think. Basically, you need to use BBCode tags, using the following code:

Starts with img in square brackets, the link in between them, then finish with /img in square brackets. this code thing doens't like [img] stuff :/

An example would be the following:

z6jEL4F.png

I'm not sure if it'll take up attachment space since it isn't technically used as an attachment, but if I'm wrong, I'll just delete this post.

Edit: Just confirmed that BBCode is compatible with this forum and does not take up attachment space.

Edited by Space1255

Welp, guess it's been long enough that I ought to call for another OP Update, @NekoKnight!

Additions since last OP iteration include...
@immatx's request has been finished and can be removed from the list.
@peevthesheev has continued with his uploading of much of his own work, in case you want to do that Personal Portfolio thing you did last time(though I won't fault you if not since Peev's been churning this stuff out like crazy so there's a ton of it). Other Uploads include a few things (...ok, several) by the rather interesting @Space1255, who also says he wouldn't mind being added to the Spriter list if you're ok with that. Even @Vaximillian took time off from his hard Asset-smuggling job to throw a thing at us! I can't see it because my computer loathes my existence and refuses to load the pic, but it sounds like the others liked it.
...Um...I think that was it, bar the...interesting discussion that started with Arione and kind of devolved on Pages 5 and 6.

WAIT I REMEMBERED

Heroes Shiny Chrom should be added to the request list as a community thing. As mentioned in that comment, if I have to choose between it and Bloom then Bloom stays.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Remembered a thing

Spoiler
13 hours ago, Space1255 said:

I have a temporary workaround, I think. Basically, you need to use BBCode tags, using the following code:

Starts with img in square brackets, the link in between them, then finish with /img in square brackets. this code thing doens't like [img] stuff :/

An example would be the following:

z6jEL4F.png

I'm not sure if it'll take up attachment space since it isn't technically used as an attachment, but if I'm wrong, I'll just delete this post.

Edit: Just confirmed that BBCode is compatible with this forum and does not take up attachment space.

Lets give it a shot then

noble_daughters_of_thrud_by_peevthesheev

Guess it worked. Sweet.

This is one I did real fast, with Ishtar comforting her aunt. Tailtiu is a real tragic character, and in no way deserved what she got

Edited by peevthesheev

Dang, for whatever reason my comp isn't loading the code. I really need to get a better computer. I still saw the Ishtar-Tailtiu one on your DA, which I somehow never found until yesterday, though, so I know that one, and I probably don't need to see the other.

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Dang, for whatever reason my comp isn't loading the code. I really need to get a better computer. I still saw the Ishtar-Tailtiu one on your DA, which I somehow never found until yesterday, though, so I know that one, and I probably don't need to see the other.

If you really need to see it, it's also on DA. It's just Ephraim carrying Eirika in his arms, just a quick project for a friend, nothing real special

30 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

So uh, could you do one of Eirika carrying Lyon? <_<

Yeah, I can do that. 

Spoiler

If I was REALLY ambitious, I would do Ephraim carrying Eirika carrying Lyon holding Naglfar, Seigmund and Seiglinde

On 5/11/2018 at 5:06 PM, SoulWeaver said:

...one more time...
OUTREALMS SON
In this Outrealm, Saias got literally everything - including Julius' legitimacy. Saias is Deirdre's son, while Julius is Aida's illegitimate here.

Hey, that reminds me, someone had a custom Ishtar they made a long while back on the other Thread. Don't remember who, but it should be interesting to compare with actual Ishtar now that we have her to compare with.

Hide contents

7w4kOO0.png.e46f4da478ad6d690428f19608d37fa3.png

Also Lene's a Dancing Girl, did you expect her to not have hips you want to rock all night long?

that ishtar was made by @Apples (I remember working with that sprite for something kinda dumb. Wish I still had it)

On 5/13/2018 at 12:07 AM, Hero_Lucina said:

that ishtar was made by @Apples (I remember working with that sprite for something kinda dumb. Wish I still had it)

Is it this one?

Edited by peevthesheev

So, I have this special project lined up for mothers day, but unless I do a workaround with Arvis's body, it will have to wait until Julius is ingame and I can view his sprite in whole