Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

17 hours ago, frostbittenrose said:

I know @Interdimensional Observer asked to wait until Nils was actually in Heroes, but I wanted to test out making him. I think it turned out pretty well despite eliwood being resized big time and having to redraw his mouth and tunic. 

scenev2.png

Not bad at all for test run.

I don't think anything can really be done about Nils not leaning forward so much, you can see much more of his body in the CG. But I would assume this to be a limitation of sprites and their sizes- namely the head is far bigger than on a real person, a limitation I'm willing to accept. 

Actually, to keep with the spirit of the CG and not the letter, "localizing" the sprites and moving Nils arms around might work. Taking the his left arm and then raising it above Hector's head a bit, like he is actually losing balance and falling back, doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just don't make the angle too high, he it shouldn't look too much like he is falling, because big strong well-meaning Hector ain't letting that happen! Something closer so it looks like Nils might try grabbing Hector by the top of his hair.

Hector needs his expression tweaked if possible. He has a smug meanness on the current version, while he was laughing with his mouth wide open and eyes closed in a jolly squint in the original CG.

Nils, he looks a little too scared, he was certainly bewildered, yet not quite frightened I would say, it makes the scene look a little less happy. But I don't think it can really be fixed any way owing again to sprite limitations. Hmmm.... To keep the spirit, maybe keep the mouth the same, but adapt the eyes to something happier, to create a mix of emotions on Nils's face, which suits bewilderment. A happy squint? As in line with the quintessential emoticon "XD" ? You only have so many options.

Still, even as a test run, thanks for bring this fond memorable moment of FE7 straight from my childhood to life. I'm sorry if it come off at all as being a little too nitpicky, I don't mean to be harsh. I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into making these.

Eliwood looks good by the way, chibified in sprite form the same expression as the CG's looks inherently better. Just being a sprite warms up Eliwood perfectly- mannered, but with happiness. Lyn and Ninian are spot on too.

Again, thank you!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On June 12, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not bad at all for test run.

I don't think anything can really be done about Nils not leaning forward so much, you can see much more of his body in the CG. But I would assume this to be a limitation of sprites and their sizes- namely the head is far bigger than on a real person, a limitation I'm willing to accept. 

Actually, to keep with the spirit of the CG and not the letter, "localizing" the sprites and moving Nils arms around might work. Taking the his left arm and then raising it above Hector's head a bit, like he is actually losing balance and falling back, doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just don't make the angle too high, he it shouldn't look too much like he is falling, because big strong well-meaning Hector ain't letting that happen! Something closer so it looks like Nils might try grabbing Hector by the top of his hair.

Hector needs his expression tweaked if possible. He has a smug meanness on the current version, while he was laughing with his mouth wide open and eyes closed in a jolly squint in the original CG.

Nils, he looks a little too scared, he was certainly bewildered, yet not quite frightened I would say, it makes the scene look a little less happy. But I don't think it can really be fixed any way owing again to sprite limitations. Hmmm.... To keep the spirit, maybe keep the mouth the same, but adapt the eyes to something happier, to create a mix of emotions on Nils's face, which suits bewilderment. A happy squint? As in line with the quintessential emoticon "XD" ? You only have so many options.

Still, even as a test run, thanks for bring this fond memorable moment of FE7 straight from my childhood to life. I'm sorry if it come off at all as being a little too nitpicky, I don't mean to be harsh. I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into making these.

Eliwood looks good by the way, chibified in sprite form the same expression as the CG's looks inherently better. Just being a sprite warms up Eliwood perfectly- mannered, but with happiness. Lyn and Ninian are spot on too.

Again, thank you!

It's not a problem ^^

scenev6.png.1651f76dd0e5abdced7a7d26d88c2bcf.png 

I give an attempt to tweak it just a bit. Hector looks a little jollier I think, and Nils doesn't look like he's about to fall/doesn't look scared. I also touched up Lyn since the shadow around her eyes showed the eye underneath of the original sprite.

14 hours ago, frostbittenrose said:

It's not a problem ^^

scenev6.png.1651f76dd0e5abdced7a7d26d88c2bcf.png 

I give an attempt to tweak it just a bit. Hector looks a little jollier I think, and Nils doesn't look like he's about to fall/doesn't look scared. I also touched up Lyn since the shadow around her eyes showed the eye underneath of the original sprite.

Thank you for the corrections! This is going straight into my sig with Touma! Credit will be given of course, and thus for I be prolific on this site in my postings, it shall be spread for all to see!

I was wondering if the completed sprites could be added to the OP, just a suggestion.

I have two requests: First one is Minerva in a red bikini. I'm not really sure which bikini would look best, so I know that's a bit vague. Looking at Adult Tiki's outfit though, that might look pretty good. Then either no weapon or with Hauteclere. For the head, obviously Minerva.

My second request is a bit more complex. Minerva in this image:

Spoiler

tumblr_oe6sqzmmkq1s2x7gdo1_1280.jpg

Azura's New Year outfit would definitely be the best option for the body with recoloring to the colors in the image and the head would be Minerva. I'm not sure how accurate you could get it to the image, especially with the designs and such. I wonder if Navarre's outfit would help at all. The fan as well would be a nice touch. If the fan is impossible, I'd be content with the fan Azura has redesigned. Not sure about the pose. Would it look awkward if the sprite had the same pose she has in the image? If it looked good, then I would want that.

If I can't do two requests at once, then definitely take my second request over my first.

Not sure how you wanted the pose, but here's bikini Minerva. I tried to go for the "hands on hips" pose.

It's really a shame you said no Hauteclere, Minerva is totally the kind of woman to bring a weapon to the beach, if only to ward people away from Maria, with Michalis in the background ready to beat them into the ground if Minerva fails

I'll get the Kimono Minerva done by Saturday, so keep posted for that

Edited by peevthesheev

2 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

Not sure how you wanted the pose, but here's bikini Minerva. I tried to go for the "hands on hips" pose.

It's really a shame you said no Hauteclere, Minerva is totally the kind of woman to bring a weapon to the beach, if only to ward people away from Maria, with Michalis in the background ready to beat them into the ground if Minerva fails

Untitled-2.png.94c54020aea124339e3caeb093c635f1.png

I'll get the Kimono Minerva done by Saturday, so keep posted for that

Thanks so much! And yeah, haha, you're probably right about Hauteclere. I did say with or without.

Sweet, can't wait for it!

@SSbardock84

That took longer than I meant it to. There are no infantry units wearing a Kimono, and Navarre's outfit just didn't look right, not to mention the fact that making a flying/cavalry unit into an on foot unit is a headache on it's own. I tried to get the pose into one similar to the picture from the CIPHER card, but Azura's arms are just weird

Edited by peevthesheev

2 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

@SSbardock84

That took longer than I meant it to. There are no infantry units wearing a Kimono, and Navarre's outfit just didn't look right, not to mention the fact that making a flying/cavalry unit into an on foot unit is a headache on it's own. I tried to get the pose into one similar to the picture from the CIPHER card, but Azura's arms are just weird

Untitled-1.png.61d16b4fd8e6b3f221ef93605e91e331.png

Thanks so much! I really like it, the fan is really cool too. You did a great job!

10 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Thanks so much! I really like it, the fan is really cool too. You did a great job!

I wasn't sure what kind of emblem to use for Macedon, so I just went with a dragon, cuz, you know. Dragon Knights and all

1 hour ago, KaBombz said:

So, uh, I did a thing.

It's not very good (the head in particular) but I had a blast making it, so now I proudly present:

5b34f9fcc935e_SamuraiGoroh.png.14c3d92e7d99ff90e389866787631b28.pngSamurai Goroh.

Aside from the sword, he looks like one of the biker guys from the Kanto Pokemon games. I fucking approve
A bit of a tip though, and more a personal preference than that. Try to make your edits a little less jagged, it really stands out on such detailed pieces like these.

Hmm, i have a small request. Can i get a Fallen Klein? Normal Idle stance like in the home screen, but red eyes, the fell flames and holding skadi would be all i would need. Would be amazing if someone could do it.