Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

Why does that collection linked in the OP keep failing to download on my laptop? I just want a lance sprite to add to the one I'm working on. I shouldn't have to download the whole thing though imo. The creator should create smaller download packs for weapons, icons, and other stuff as well, not just the characters. I was able to download the character assets I needed, though.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the double post, but I was able to find the lance sprite another way, so here's my finished product!

heroes_morgan__frederick_fathered__by_gr

It's a Frederick-fathered Morgan! I decided I wanted to do this after having discussed Morgan with a couple people here earlier. My personal headcanon has Morgan getting a black horse, so that's what he got here. Besides, it helps to differentiate him a bit more than just being Morgan's head on Frederick's body and horse. I gave him a lance because that's the one weapon his parents share (I reclassed my Robin to Dark Flier). It's just meant to be a nod to that. :P

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Looks a little bit too dark and a little not pink enough but undeniably cute. Let’s assume she just changed from her house dress to kick some Thracian butt.

Thank you for getting to make her!

I didn't like the way it looked when it was lighter, tbh, that's the only reason it isn't pinker. If I had liked the way it looked, I would have used the same tone as Ethlyn's outfit

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry for the double post, but I was able to find the lance sprite another way, so here's my finished product!

heroes_morgan__frederick_fathered__by_gr

It's a Frederick-fathered Morgan! I decided I wanted to do this after having discussed Morgan with a couple people here earlier. My personal headcanon has Morgan getting a black horse, so that's what he got here. Besides, it helps to differentiate him a bit more than just being Morgan's head on Frederick's body and horse. I gave him a lance because that's the one weapon his parents share (I reclassed my Robin to Dark Flier). It's just meant to be a nod to that. :P

It looks pretty damn good.

Although, a word of advice when merging infantry and cavalry/flier units. Mounted units use smaller bodies than infantry or armor units so they can fit in the frame better, so a resize on Morgan's head might help here

3 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

It looks pretty damn good.

Although, a word of advice when merging infantry and cavalry/flier units. Mounted units use smaller bodies than infantry or armor units so they can fit in the frame better, so a resize on Morgan's head might help here

Thanks! Oh yeah, you're right though. I forgot that characters who have mounts use smaller bodies. :P Thanks! I'll go fix that asap.

I tried to recreate Selena’s (aka best girl’s) attacking artwork because why not:
selena.png

Then I gave her Elise’s bows because that’s what I always do in Conquest and Revelation:
selena2.png
Elise’s bows as an accessory when?!

Edited by Vaximillian

On 9/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, Vaximillian said:

I tried to recreate Selena’s (aka best girl’s) attacking artwork because why not:
selena.png

Then I gave her Elise’s bows because that’s what I always do in Conquest and Revelation:
selena2.png
Elise’s bows as an accessory when?!

Is that Safeguard thinned down a bit? I always thought it and it's Res counterpart looked a little too big, it's nice to see it smaller. Nice work, Vax

Also, @TheSilentChloey, since glasses were put in as an accessory last patch, here's your summoner looking a little better

Edited by peevthesheev

17 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Is that Safeguard thinned down a bit? I always thought it and it's Res counterpart looked a little too big, it's nice to see it smaller. Nice work, Vax

Yep, thinned down and elongated. Too thick for my liking otherwise, it’s more like a dagger than a sword.
Here it is:
wep_sw044.png

Also, looking at TheSilentChloey’s userpic, maybe the glasses’ rim could be recoloured black or similarly dark?

Edited by Vaximillian

On 9/18/2018 at 2:42 PM, Vaximillian said:

Yep, thinned down and elongated. Too thick for my liking otherwise, it’s more like a dagger than a sword.
Here it is:
wep_sw044.png

Also, looking at TheSilentChloey’s userpic, maybe the glasses’ rim could be recoloured black or similarly dark?

I just can't win with this project

Edited by peevthesheev

6 hours ago, Solein Spice said:

Yo peev, are you going to do the barrier blade like that too?

also.... totally not feeling ignored because my past requests have been overlooked

Vax is the one who made the Safeguard, not I. 

There's a bunch of projects that haven't been taken yet, and if @NekoKnight ever comes back he can update it. 

The reason I haven't taken your Hayato is because I am not generally happy with how my characters come out if there isn't a good base for them, like my Pelleas and my Gerik, 

Edited by peevthesheev

On 9/19/2018 at 7:32 PM, SoulWeaver said:

It's ok Peev, we all appreciate you anyways!

On 9/19/2018 at 9:36 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

I second this!

Well, at least someone doesn't think I'm crazy

Edited by peevthesheev

On 9/19/2018 at 9:53 PM, peevthesheev said:

There's a bunch of projects that haven't been taken yet, and if @NekoKnight ever comes back he can update it.

It was a surprising amount of work and formatting to keep the request list up to date. I have to link the posts, the people who made the posts and check every post for requests that are completed or new ones made. Ultimately, people (mostly you, ever since the first thread was nuked) would make whatever requests they fancied and the posts no one wanted to work on just got ignored and forgotten, even when they were in the list. No accusatory fingers here, but that's the way it happened. I trust that if there are people who got skipped over and still want their request done, they can bring it up again and see if anyone bites.

There is one thing I want to do, before I retire into greater obscurity. I still have all the completed works from the last Sprite Thread saved on my computer, sorted by artist. I could reupload those and add them to the OP later. But I don't have as much time to keep the request list up to date.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It was a surprising amount of work and formatting to keep the request list up to date. I have to link the posts, the people who made the posts and check every post for requests that are completed or new ones made. Ultimately, people (mostly you, ever since the first thread was nuked) would make whatever requests they fancied and the posts no one wanted to work on just got ignored and forgotten, even when they were in the list. No accusatory fingers here, but that's the way it happened. I trust that if there are people who got skipped over and still want their request done, they can bring it up again and see if anyone bites.

There is one thing I want to do, before I retire into greater obscurity. I still have all the completed works from the last Sprite Thread saved on my computer, sorted by artist. I could reupload those and add them to the OP later. But I don't have as much time to keep the request list up to date.

No accusatory fingers, yet you point right at me.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Well I hope you can find someone to pass the burden to. Even if this thread is largely dead in terms of new requests, just for anyone who may ever want anything in the future. 

Also, good luck with uploading all the completed works!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

57 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

No accusatory fingers, yet you point right at me.

Relax. I was implying you are the primary person completing requests in this new thread, which is a compliment more than a condemnation. The issue of requests getting ignored was around since the last thread. The point is, whether or not I make a list of requests, people work on what they want to and if they didn't do a request before, it's usually because they weren't interested.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

That sounds beautiful, if you're willing to take the time to do that that is.