Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 12:54 AM, Vaximillian said:

And there's legit Owain and Aversa. Byooteeful
It's kind of neat that they used the Awakening Missletainn rather than just, you know, recoloring the actual Mystletainn like I did, since it is supposed to be a replica

Edited by peevthesheev

45 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

He doesn't. He's broken from what I saw

I don't know about broken, but he's very solid. He's basically Ayra statwise, but without the broken special. Though he does make up for it with a better weapon, but I don't know that it tops guaranteed every-turn, either-phase, completely self-sustaining 26 damage specials. Karla doesn't have that, but she does make up for it with a stupid good statline and a very good weapon as well. He seems like he'll be a side-grade or very minor step down from the two infantry sword queens.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

Request time lol XD I swear people are going to hate me...

Can get Aversa off her Peg with Witch Celica?  Kind of want it to look like they're making friends...

I already have Celica, and I can do Aversa tonight on my stream. I have quite a list to get through tonight

I dunno if my other requests are going to get done, but i got a simple one. Can i get a Klein holding a bow that looks like the one in his art? Also, for his pose, i'd just want him holding it like this.

image.jpeg.7caf3261e3f8f284b333aeaabbdb29b0.jpeg

On 10/25/2018 at 4:49 AM, Solein Spice said:

I dunno if my other requests are going to get done, but i got a simple one. Can i get a Klein holding a bow that looks like the one in his art? Also, for his pose, i'd just want him holding it like this.

image.jpeg.7caf3261e3f8f284b333aeaabbdb29b0.jpeg

Holy fuckin crap. Are you literally psychic? 

Last night during my stream, I found, to my displeasure, that I don't have the pieces to build Jamke, since he was one of the ones I wanted to build. So I panicked, and went through my hero gallery to find a replacement archer and settled on Klein

Edited by peevthesheev

Would anyone be willing to make Loki and Aversa giggling while Robin and Kiran look nervous? Doesn't matter which Robin, male or female, and can be any Kiran, just preferably not hooded.

Also, I hope Klein gets a refinement soon. He's so adorable and his art is great.

Edited by bottlegnomes

11 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Unrelated to @bottlegnomes's request, which I am working on, but god damn is this spooky bat FUCKING adorable

That red dress, I could definitely see that being the basis for this lady, with some minor extensions:

Spoiler

Character artelinde largeArtelinde

Not that I'm asking for Artelinde, perhaps Halloween just made me think of EO2's War Magus NPC.

I should go and search out possible parts for my old Leif and Lifis request.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:08 PM, bottlegnomes said:

She really is just the cutest. I may have spent like 200 orbs on her, but it was well worth it.

Here you go. I'm pretty sure it's fanon that Kiran has brown hair to contrast Robin's white, so I used Roderick as a base

Edited by peevthesheev

On 10/25/2018 at 7:39 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Wow that looks cool.  Can I get M!Grima in his default pose please?

Sure

Also, @Vaximillian, the Jamke assets are incomplete and missing the pieces needed to build him, just thought you should know

Edited by peevthesheev

1 hour ago, peevthesheev said:

Also, @Vaximillian, the Jamke assets are incomplete and missing the pieces needed to build him, just thought you should know

Good to know! I’ll contact Kaz_Kirigiri. Which parts are missing?

Edited by Vaximillian

Okay, returning to my Leif and Lifis request, if anyone were to take up this my third nightmare to you all, to cut to the chase, can be summarized as follows:

• Lifis sitting on the ground to the right, looking up to left at Leif. He is wearing only swim trunks/a bikini bottom, either of which would be recolored white. His feet covered by sandals, because bare feet in FEH don't exist and it doesn't really matter here. He is looking a little befuddled.
  • Leif in Lifis's clothes to the left, with an aggressive/victorious face. In a combative and defensive-ish stance (crouching a bit I'm thinking would convey some of this, with reverse grip), facing the right, weapon being wielded is Iron Daggers. Normal hairdo.
  • Dungeon backdrop optional.

This will be the artwork whose coloration and overall design will be used for Lifis's clothes and hair:

Spoiler

lifis.jpg

Looking at clothing parts:

• Pants- Lifis's pants aren't puffy, but they aren't as tight as is usually the case for FE. Lewyn's sprite has puffy pants, they will do if recolored, I can always assume Leif is a little shorter than Lifis.
  • Belts- Lifis needs two-three belts, and they kinda look like sashes. Or its sashes with a belt over them. Considering some options, including regular Hector and Karel, after a short look, Ares might fit the bill the best, with a sash under a belt. Just erase the bit of clothes around it. Linus is yet another choice.
  • Shirt Sleeves- Rolled up sleeves, a quick physical look and some thinking makes me think Donnel is the only option here. 
  • Shirt Body- I was looking for a simple and puffy shirt. Not finding one, Donnel's shirt seems the simplest, so this will do. Delete the divide into lighter and darker blues when recoloring, make it one seamless shade of that yellow.
  • Neck-Pants Sash Thingy- I have no idea what this is supposed to be, although logically, it looks like Lifis could snap his neck with that. Ignoring the impracticality, it looks like those brown gold sash-like pieces on Merric. Not sure where they go on his sprite, but turn them 180 degrees, and once repainted, they could work.
  • Shoes- Lifis doesn't wear boots, most people I notice in FEH like boots. I too notice the little ribbon ties and black seemingly wrappings socks. A not totally thorough look doesn't turn up anything exactly like this, but I will settle with Gordin's shoes, although wipe away a little of the top of them and make it black to pseudo-include the socks, if it doesn't look bad. 
  • Gloves- I think I'll have to do without the collars, but I can still have them with the fingers uncovered, thanks Lon'qu!
  • Hair- Lifis needs his hair to be recognizable in this scenario as himself, it's the hair that makes the man when his clothes have been captured. Hinata's head might be an option, the hair cleanly hanging past the front of the ears looks right, if in need of being a little longer, Julius might have the extensions to layer on top if thinned a little. Canas, Raigh, Gordin, and Merric are other potential options I see, with edits as appropriate to align with the above hairdo. This would mean long thin hair in front of the ears, an even and flat top, and a mostly short cut in the middle that exposes most of the forehead. I leave this to the spriter's discretion to decide which is best.

That should be sufficient detail. Hopefully the parts and everything else are all well thought out on my part.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:52 PM, Vaximillian said:

Good to know! I’ll contact Kaz_Kirigiri. Which parts are missing?

The actual sprite assets are not there. The rest of the assets, like the CGs, the portraits, and even the sprite example I see from time to time are in there, but not the actual sprite

On 10/25/2018 at 10:30 PM, bottlegnomes said:

@peevthesheev Thank you! It's beautiful. Loki and Aversa is a pair I like way more than I thought I would.

I'm glad you like it. I admit I grew kind of fond of Aversa after it's revealed that she's not the boring bog standard murdery seductress

Edited by peevthesheev

4 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

The actual sprite assets are not there. The rest of the assets, like the CGs, the portraits, and even the sprite example I see from time to time are in there, but not the actual sprite

Hmm, I just got back home and checked my download, and voila, the actual sprite sheet is, in fact, there:
2_Body_AllTex.png

Maybe you’ve downloaded a really outdated pack or something?

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hmm, I just got back home and checked my download, and voila, the actual sprite sheet is, in fact, there:
2_Body_AllTex.png

Maybe you’ve downloaded a really outdated pack or something?

Hmm. I actually checked the reddit post and the pieces aren't in there either. Not in the drive that contains the individual bits, or the update zip

4 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Hmm. I actually checked the reddit post and the pieces aren't in there either. Not in the drive that contains the individual bits, or the update zip

Holy cat, you are right. Where did my copy of the sheet come from then? The datamine post on Gamepress, maybe?