Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

On 4/15/2019 at 1:18 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Ha, joke's on you, I don't use Sweep Skills with anything so he doesn't even have that! XP

Yeah, BK's a touch on the janky side for Units in general, though he still randomly saves my bacon from time to time, usually on the rare occasion I actually have to put an Armor team together, since his only competition is my Winter Tharja, which I feel uncomfortable using when playing in public so it's usually just him for Red Armor, and dang, he's good - no merges and I've still yet to have him die to anything not named Reinhardt(curse you, bane of all Reds' existence!), at least not without taking one of them with him first.

Incidentally, a request arises, for those interested:
I'm looking for a Vanguard Mist. PoR Mist is of course too small for this to be conceivable, at least to me, so if possible use RD Mist's design(since she isn't in FEH unless I somehow missed a Unit). Concept is Ike died in PoR so Mist did all the neato stuff he did instead. As she's about 18 in RD and would be of slightly less muscular build than her brother's PoR variant, probably hold Ragnell in both hands if possible, if not no worries. As per usual, if this doesn't sound like something anyone wants to do, don't worry about it, I'll live.

Well, he's also got Close Defense, which isn't bad

It's a shame about Winter Tharja getting Powercrept by Idunn and Zelgius, I really loved using her. I haven't used Black Knight since I got her, incidentally

Do you have an idea for a base body? I was thinking of actually giving her armor, along with a skirt and maybe some kind of leggings, armored boots and wrists, with pieces of Ike's Vanguard armor in there to make it clear. But do you have any thoughts on WHO to use as her base?

Edited by peevthesheev
Close defense, peev you retard

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

Well, he's also got Close Defense, which isn't bad

It's a shame about Winter Tharja getting Powercrept by Idunn and Zelgius, I really loved using her. I haven't used Black Knight since I got her, incidentally

Do you have an idea for a base body? I was thinking of actually giving her armor, along with a skirt and maybe some kind of leggings, armored boots and wrists, with pieces of Ike's Vanguard armor in there to make it clear. But do you have any thoughts on WHO to use as her base?

The real problem with Units like Joshua is that there are SO MANY RED INFANTRIES - you can't just say well I'll make them all because there's so many of them. I wanted to use Marisa but ran into the same problem - I already have a +8 Roy with enough Skills to build an entire team of Units off of, why on earth would I train any other Red Infantry when I'm just invariably going to end up using my Roy? The only reason most of the ones I have aren't still Lv1 is because I wanted to hear all the Lv40 conversations.
Since I don't have either Idunn or Zelgius, I've had to use Tharja on the days when I need a Tome for my Armor team, and yeah, she's surprisingly fun - she was invaluable during the Halloween Henry TT+ as the only Unit I had built who could tank and take him in one round, thanks VF. She's also probably my best Red Tome period, I think the next best one I have is...like, Arvis?
Hm, I actually don't usually study Heroes sprites. Give me until tonight so I can go through and check and I'll get back to you.

29 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The real problem with Units like Joshua is that there are SO MANY RED INFANTRIES - you can't just say well I'll make them all because there's so many of them. I wanted to use Marisa but ran into the same problem - I already have a +8 Roy with enough Skills to build an entire team of Units off of, why on earth would I train any other Red Infantry when I'm just invariably going to end up using my Roy? The only reason most of the ones I have aren't still Lv1 is because I wanted to hear all the Lv40 conversations.
Since I don't have either Idunn or Zelgius, I've had to use Tharja on the days when I need a Tome for my Armor team, and yeah, she's surprisingly fun - she was invaluable during the Halloween Henry TT+ as the only Unit I had built who could tank and take him in one round, thanks VF. She's also probably my best Red Tome period, I think the next best one I have is...like, Arvis?
Hm, I actually don't usually study Heroes sprites. Give me until tonight so I can go through and check and I'll get back to you.

2 years into the games lifespan, and pool inflation is almost intolerable. What makes it worse is that because of this and the rampant powercreep, units that used to be game breakers like the first Ike are now certifiable benchwarmers compared to, say, Legendary Roy or Legendary Ike himself. And the red sword pool is the most filled of all, with 75 units across Armor, Infantry and Cavalry. 

If it wasn't for just how GOOD Idunn is, I would probably still use Tharja. She's got a lot more res than Zelgius, and with VR/Aether/Close Counter it's really hard to kill her with anything short of a Blue Armorslayer or something that denies countering. Idunn is a god damn monster, her Def and Res go up to more than 40 with her Fortress Def/Res, plus you can slap lightning breath on her, add on Aether and VR and you've got something that doesn't die.

Speaking of Arvis, I finally finished mine, and he's now +10, something that leaves me with no other GHB/Tempest unit to build now, and is on my growing +10 team, along with Nowi, Linus, and maybe Dancer Micaiah

After going through the Herodex, I'm actually kind of digging Linde, Dead Celica, and Tailtiu for torso bases. Maybe take a look at them and see if any of them look decent to you? Linde and Tailtiu's don't look like they'd really work without more tweaking since they're more dress-y than Dead Celica's, but who knows, maybe one of them looks good to you. If none of them really seem right I'm down to take another look through.

I actually like Base Ike more than Legendary Ike, I just only have him on my alt account, which I haven't really been putting as much time into as my main one(though I do have a pretty killer Selena I like to show off every now and then). Probably better that way, at least he sees some use on my alt instead of getting overshadowed by my main's Roy all the time. For the most part I just use Units I like instead of what's good - I have a bunch of Units that would have been better to invest in than Roy, like Ayra, but I like Roy more so Roy it was. Green is the exception, I've yet to pull a Green Unit that's been good enough to merit replacing my Brave Ike with, though Narcian might take the spot once I finish building him. Urvan's just such an amazing Axe, none of the other Axe Units I have can keep up with it, and my built Green Tomes consist of...maybe Deidre or Baby Azura? So yeah, I don't use those, Ishtar is my Ranged hitter and she generally mops up any Blue threats I would use a Green Tome for.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:25 AM, SoulWeaver said:

After going through the Herodex, I'm actually kind of digging Linde, Dead Celica, and Tailtiu for torso bases. Maybe take a look at them and see if any of them look decent to you? Linde and Tailtiu's don't look like they'd really work without more tweaking since they're more dress-y than Dead Celica's, but who knows, maybe one of them looks good to you. If none of them really seem right I'm down to take another look through.

I actually like Base Ike more than Legendary Ike, I just only have him on my alt account, which I haven't really been putting as much time into as my main one(though I do have a pretty killer Selena I like to show off every now and then). Probably better that way, at least he sees some use on my alt instead of getting overshadowed by my main's Roy all the time. For the most part I just use Units I like instead of what's good - I have a bunch of Units that would have been better to invest in than Roy, like Ayra, but I like Roy more so Roy it was. Green is the exception, I've yet to pull a Green Unit that's been good enough to merit replacing my Brave Ike with, though Narcian might take the spot once I finish building him. Urvan's just such an amazing Axe, none of the other Axe Units I have can keep up with it, and my built Green Tomes consist of...maybe Deidre or Baby Azura? So yeah, I don't use those, Ishtar is my Ranged hitter and she generally mops up any Blue threats I would use a Green Tome for.

Here is my first draft, what do you think?

I felt that Fallen Celica (and regular Celica, by association) didn't really fit with Mist, so I used Brave Celica instead, with some elements from both regular mist and the fallen Ike himself. I also felt that bare legs wouldn't work, so I used Clarisse's tights

Base Ike just doesn't match up to his legendary counterpart, as much as I like using him. Not to mention the fact that there are still better reds to use, like Dancer Miciah and my boy Arvis, and my recently gotten Legendary Roy (great unit, love how well he synergizes with Odd/Even Wave Nino). I don't have the problem of units i like vs units that are good simply because of my obsessive need to make every unit I have as good as they can be, even if I would never use them, or if they're not very good in general, like Seliph or Robin.

As for green units, I actually have a lot of favorites that I space out amongst my various teams, but my main ones are Dorcas/Linus/Lewyn/Nino  for my infantry, Cherche/Michalis for Flier Emblem, Walhart/Frederick/maybe Cecilia for Cavalry, and Grima/LHector for Armor. I love my Deirdre and Julia, but they just don't match up to some of the other units.

As for Ishtar, the only thing she really has going for her is how god damn fast she is. On initiation, that's +10 speed if you keep her base kit, but she's so squishy that hitting a unit that she doesn't have Triangle Advantage over is a risky move, especially if it has DC. Don't get me wrong, she's a great unit, but her lack of bulk  makes her a real glass cannon

Edited by peevthesheev

Can i get a summoner OC done with the hood dropped back, with Greil's hair, with one yellow and one red eye and holding a light blue colored forseti in this stance?

Bunnycina with Shine.PNG

Looks good to me, sorry for the wait Peev. Care if I eventually post it like the last one?

Yeah, Ishtar has some problems, but my last Blue Unit I liked using was Delthea, and I like Ishtar as a character better so Ishtar it is, at least until I can either find a better Blue Ranged Unit or find a Green Ranged worth trading Brave Ike for, in which case I’ll probably switch in Summer Cordelia because CORDELIA IN A SWIMSUIT HOT DANG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Looks good to me, sorry for the wait Peev. Care if I eventually post it like the last one?

Yeah, Ishtar has some problems, but my last Blue Unit I liked using was Delthea, and I like Ishtar as a character better so Ishtar it is, at least until I can either find a better Blue Ranged Unit or find a Green Ranged worth trading Brave Ike for, in which case I’ll probably switch in Summer Cordelia because CORDELIA IN A SWIMSUIT HOT DANG

Yeah, of course

I'm lucky I decided to build Nowi so early, because she has become easy my best unit, and obviously my best blue, so the choice of what blue to slap on an infantry team is real obvious

As for Cordelia, I never really liked her, but even I can't deny those legs in a swimsuit

Cordelia_Knight_Paradise_Face.png?versio

On 5/15/2019 at 1:29 AM, SoulWeaver said:

PEEV SPRITE
CONFIRMED, WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL PEEV SPRITE HERE
THIS IS NOT A LEAK

On 5/15/2019 at 1:33 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah and it's super cool XD

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Next edit I have to do, i'm changing my sprite's pose

Also, i'm glad you both like it. I feel like it accurately portrays me. Annoyed and perpetually tired

Edited by peevthesheev

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh dear.  That's not cool.  Ylgr too?  That's better luck than me though, I haven't been able to get a single 5 ☆ unit...

It's like the game is mocking me. I wanted Nailah and Leanne from the Alm banner, and got up to 16 fucking percent before it ended, on top of not getting anything from either of the Brave banners running concurrently with it. Now i'm being mocked by getting 5*s, but none of the ones that I want

This isn’t reality. There is no fucking way this is reality. How is this happening

Guess I’m adding another to the project. I don’t like how populated it’s getting

Edited by peevthesheev

2 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

This isn’t reality. There is no fucking way this is reality. How is this happening

Guess I’m adding another to the project. I don’t like how populated it’s getting

6146E053-56E9-4433-8D9A-160E44F566B4.png

Oh dear...that sounds like the worst 'luck' possible.  Ouch.  At least they'll be added to the pool though.

17 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh dear...that sounds like the worst 'luck' possible.  Ouch.  At least they'll be added to the pool though.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Hardin and his story. But he has no decent skills I need, and I don't want to really merge him right now. It's a joke at this point, it's a sick joke

1 hour ago, peevthesheev said:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Hardin and his story. But he has no decent skills I need, and I don't want to really merge him right now. It's a joke at this point, it's a sick joke

Agreed

So I made a Valentine's Day themed request- and I think it might have been missed.

The idea was a Devotion Day themed M!Robin and Lucina- probably Eliwood base for M!Robin and Lyn base for Lucina?  Idk if that is doable or not.

3 hours ago, frostbittenrose said:

I should be able to do it! Sorry for being quiet on the thread but school and graduation came up but I should be available to work on it!

Oh thanks XD we need some cutes.