Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

10 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

He doesn't have the top of his scarf because it's Grumpy Gen 2 Forseti Lewyn

Julias protector Lewyn :P

Ok, don't have it saved anywhere so I will try to remember it correctly. Beforehand here are two pictures that show Lewyn and Ferry.

Spoiler

lewyn.jpg.85ec392425812056dd30ef5f80857fa1.jpg

Spoiler

ferryxlewyn.jpg.bcf8bbaa6fa08c3bfa64a8f2ca9d7cd4.jpg

The sprite I'm envisioning is Ferry and Lewyn riding together on Ferry's pegasus. Ferry should be blushing slightly and staring straight ahead. Lewyn meanwhile should be tightly holding on with this arms around Ferry's face with a scared look on his face. They don't need to have weapons or anything, its just a joy ride. I think this covers everything but it feels really short so let me know if any other information is needed.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

You can be the Clippy of this thread. "Looks like the OP hasn't been updated in 2 months, need some help?"

…I feel like that's a reference, and am somewhat ashamed to say I don't recognize it, but sure.

Also, my question to all you spriters still stands:

21 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

As I prepare to figure out a request, I'm curious: If I can provide a screenshot of a weapon from another game(in this and probably all my instances AdventureQuest Worlds), can any of you guys tinker with it to try to attach it to a request as a wielded weapon?

Let me know if any of you are willing to attempt anything involving such shenanigans. In the meantime, I have decided my own first request for the new thread - one of Arilon's lovely (not-related-by-blood)sisters, Bloom!
Just so you know, my comp refuses to load the sites with the Heroes Assets, so I'm running most of this off of what I remember the pieces looking like, I may ask for a swapout if things end up weirder than I thought.

The Pieces:
Matthew's Legs, recolored black;
Kagero's Torso, bar the scarf, recolored black, and Arms, recolored if they're not already black, I can't remember if her arm things are already black or not;
Sakura's Head, using Hinoka's Hair Color(tentative, may change to Cordelia's), with the part of Gaius' headband that goes across her forehead, not the part that hangs down the side;
Wielding a Poison Dagger;
Two poses, idle(Home area) pose and Dagger attacking pose.

If anyone picks this up, let me know if there's any more info you'd like to have.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Clarification

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

…I feel like that's a reference, and am somewhat ashamed to say I don't recognize it, but sure.

I think it might be referring to the little helper/assistant mascot of Microsoft Word:

Clippy-letter.PNG

They later got rid of it due to reasons of being ridiculed.

(And I like your choice of words for my request NekoKnight.)

1. WTF Why am I not on the current spriters' list

2. Is nobody claiming requests anymore? I claim Grima's Greil request because that one seems excessively easy, and also Tormod just so I can have one for when I finish Greil.

>Also, @Grima the Fell Dragon can I get that reference of Greil? And if you happen to have one of the Shigure pose you wanted, that would help too.

34 minutes ago, Nankaina said:

1. WTF Why am I not on the current spriters' list

2. Is nobody claiming requests anymore? I claim Grima's Greil request because that one seems excessively easy, and also Tormod just so I can have one for when I finish Greil.

>Also, @Grima the Fell Dragon can I get that reference of Greil? And if you happen to have one of the Shigure pose you wanted, that would help too.

Spoiler

Image result for greil fire emblem

Greil's reference

Screenshot_20180222-130958.jpg

and Shigure's reference, but just the top half, not his legs or face

Well, I came back to check on the progress of my request only to realize that the thread was gone. Anyway if anyone would still be interested in doing mine I'd like to re-request Delmud from FE4 as a Mage Knight. For Delmud's pieces I would suggest using Ogma or Reinhardt's hair, Sigurd or Eldigan's horse, Perhaps Camus or Arvis' outfit would be a good starting point...? (There's probably better options but nothing's coming to be right now, if/when I think of more I'll add them in) and finally if he could be wielding the Valflame that would be fantastic.

In addition, could it be possible to make a family picture with Raquesis, Azel, Nanna and Delmud (as described above)? I'll do some more looking over the various sprites and give more suggestions for pieces after doing so.
Again, if the family portrait ends up being too much just Delmud is fine too. If anymore information is needed from me for the request please let know.

14 minutes ago, Fala~of~Velthomer said:

Well, I came back to check on the progress of my request only to realize that the thread was gone. Anyway if anyone would still be interested in doing mine I'd like to re-request Delmud from FE4 as a Mage Knight. For Delmud's pieces I would suggest using Ogma or Reinhardt's hair, Sigurd or Eldigan's horse, Perhaps Camus or Arvis' outfit would be a good starting point...? (There's probably better options but nothing's coming to be right now, if/when I think of more I'll add them in) and finally if he could be wielding the Valflame that would be fantastic.

In addition, could it be possible to make a family picture with Raquesis, Azel, Nanna and Delmud (as described above)? I'll do some more looking over the various sprites and give more suggestions for pieces after doing so.
Again, if the family portrait ends up being too much just Delmud is fine too. If anymore information is needed from me for the request please let know.

For Azel, you could probably make him from Arvis and bits of Chrom and Marth

@Grima the Fell Dragon First and foremost, here are your Greil and Tormod sprites.

I may have misinterpreted your request with Greil; you wanted two separate sprites, one with each weapon, right? If not, I can try to get him to hold both at once. I also have two Ragnell versions, because, well... weapons in Heroes are big. This is actually the same problem that I ran into when I started working on someone's request of Susano-o (before I found out that it had already been done): with the full-sized Ragnell, it's impossible to get that pose. So the first Ragnell is slightly shrunk, and held in a similar pose. Meanwhile the second one is shrunk to approximate proportions based on the character (who is elongated to more human proportions as well). I don't like that one as much, as it's removing the Heroes Sprite feel from him. Not to mention Ragnell now looks like a dagger. But if you're partial to the pose, it's the definitively more accurate.

As for Tormod, I noticed two outfits for him when I looked him up. I wasn't sure if you had a preference, but I went for the more common.

Tormod.png

Greil Urvan.png

Greil Ragnell 2.png

Greil Ragnell 1.png

On 2/20/2018 at 10:03 PM, SoulWeaver said:

As I prepare to figure out a request, I'm curious: If I can provide a screenshot of a weapon from another game(in this and probably all my instances AdventureQuest Worlds), can any of you guys tinker with it to try to attach it to a request as a wielded weapon?

Which AQW weapon?

Also @GreatKnightEcho did you change your name from MageKnightEcho? If so, I have your old request completed if you still want it. Or you can just keep this one.

GreatEcho.png

1 hour ago, Nankaina said:

@Grima the Fell Dragon First and foremost, here are your Greil and Tormod sprites.

I may have misinterpreted your request with Greil; you wanted two separate sprites, one with each weapon, right? If not, I can try to get him to hold both at once. I also have two Ragnell versions, because, well... weapons in Heroes are big. This is actually the same problem that I ran into when I started working on someone's request of Susano-o (before I found out that it had already been done): with the full-sized Ragnell, it's impossible to get that pose. So the first Ragnell is slightly shrunk, and held in a similar pose. Meanwhile the second one is shrunk to approximate proportions based on the character (who is elongated to more human proportions as well). I don't like that one as much, as it's removing the Heroes Sprite feel from him. Not to mention Ragnell now looks like a dagger. But if you're partial to the pose, it's the definitively more accurate.

As for Tormod, I noticed two outfits for him when I looked him up. I wasn't sure if you had a preference, but I went for the more common.

Tormod.png

Greil Urvan.png

Greil Ragnell 2.png

Greil Ragnell 1.png

Yes i wanted to sprites, the only issue i have is kinda with Greil, although that might be on my end for not being clear enough. I was think like how the normal idle pose for the black knight looks for his weapon, only slightly titled more downward. I couldn't get a side image of greil in battle, as that would require me to hack him into PoR and take a picture that way.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, Nankaina said:

Which AQW weapon?

Also @GreatKnightEcho did you change your name from MageKnightEcho? If so, I have your old request completed if you still want it. Or you can just keep this one.

GreatEcho.png

This one's fine, thank you!

Edit: Yes, I did change names. Still the same old me.

Edited by GreatKnightEcho

28 minutes ago, Nankaina said:

Which AQW weapon?

There are several I've been looking at, including The Scythe of Lost Hope, Bejeweled Blade, Snowy Axe, Verde Starblade, Daggers of the Desolate Desert, Enchanted Edge of the Risen, Fire and Energy Daggers, Broken Blade, Sword of Dark Hope, Ornate Blade of Light…the list kind of goes on for a while, though several of them aren't really that important and are just me going 'hey, that'd be cool to see'. They're mostly ones that I could honestly see in a Fire Emblem game under some condition or other, but some of them are basically made up of several pieces themselves, like the Fire and Energy Daggers, and some of them have little empty areas that I'm not sure could be cleanly cut out, like the Scythe of Lost Hope, and then there are ones that end up with the letters from the item description getting in the way. Here, I can add some of them below to give you an idea...

Spoiler

5a910429a87fd_ScytheOfLostHope.png.e2fa2ce9815894954035aa53f3a4d7cf.png5a910468cd4fc_EnergyDagger.png.f91bcc9d2b6749661038f5e91aa964e9.png5a91047dad686_VerdeStarblade.png.6f67bce32bdfc1b6abbd86ad79752260.png

So yeah, these are the Scythe of Lost Hope, Energy Dagger, and Verde Starblade, to give you an idea of a weapon I can't get without descriptions getting in the way, a weapon made up of several separate pieces, and a weapon with empty areas that I wasn't sure could transfer over easily - basically the harder weapons to do, stuff like the Bejeweled Blade seem easy enough to even me, who's never touched PhotoShop in his life. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

There are several I've been looking at, including The Scythe of Lost Hope, Bejeweled Blade, Snowy Axe, Verde Starblade, Daggers of the Desolate Desert, Enchanted Edge of the Risen, Fire and Energy Daggers, Broken Blade, Sword of Dark Hope, Ornate Blade of Light…the list kind of goes on for a while, though several of them aren't really that important and are just me going 'hey, that'd be cool to see'. They're mostly ones that I could honestly see in a Fire Emblem game under some condition or other, but some of them are basically made up of several pieces themselves, like the Fire and Energy Daggers, and some of them have little empty areas that I'm not sure could be cleanly cut out, like the Scythe of Lost Hope, and then there are ones that end up with the letters from the item description getting in the way. Here, I can add some of them below to give you an idea...

Hide contents

5a910429a87fd_ScytheOfLostHope.png.e2fa2ce9815894954035aa53f3a4d7cf.png5a910468cd4fc_EnergyDagger.png.f91bcc9d2b6749661038f5e91aa964e9.png5a91047dad686_VerdeStarblade.png.6f67bce32bdfc1b6abbd86ad79752260.png

So yeah, these are the Scythe of Lost Hope, Energy Dagger, and Verde Starblade, to give you an idea of a weapon I can't get without descriptions getting in the way, a weapon made up of several separate pieces, and a weapon with empty areas that I wasn't sure could transfer over easily - basically the harder weapons to do, stuff like the Bejeweled Blade seem easy enough to even me, who's never touched PhotoShop in his life. Thoughts?

Understand that with AQW, there's no clean sprite resource, so any weapon with transparency will have a hint of whatever background you take a picture of it on. I'm fairly confident the energy daggers would be lost in the pixelization, but the other two could stand a chance, if you're willing to either lose the "glow" or deal with my crude attempts at adding one without background noise. Alternatively, you could pick one of the hundreds of weapons that doesn't glow, and make my job easier, but that's no fun.

By the way, while I've got you here, can I just mention how weird it is that there's another person on this fairly small thread, who A) plays AQW, B) knows "This Game" from No Game No Life, and C) enjoys Fire Emblem Heroes? That's three oddly unrelated similarities to me, all on the same person.

10 hours ago, Nankaina said:

Understand that with AQW, there's no clean sprite resource, so any weapon with transparency will have a hint of whatever background you take a picture of it on. I'm fairly confident the energy daggers would be lost in the pixelization, but the other two could stand a chance, if you're willing to either lose the "glow" or deal with my crude attempts at adding one without background noise. Alternatively, you could pick one of the hundreds of weapons that doesn't glow, and make my job easier, but that's no fun.

By the way, while I've got you here, can I just mention how weird it is that there's another person on this fairly small thread, who A) plays AQW, B) knows "This Game" from No Game No Life, and C) enjoys Fire Emblem Heroes? That's three oddly unrelated similarities to me, all on the same person.

Yeah, I thought the Fire and Energy Daggers were a stretch, but I figured I'd check anyways. Glow's not majorly important - it'd feel kind of weird in Heroes anyways, actually, considering Refined Weapons already glow and it would clash. I'd have to take another look at the list once I get a request figured out that would actually use any of the weapons - Bloom doesn't need anything from AQW(I mean, maybe she could make use of the Divinity Bow, but that'd be it), and I haven't got my next one figured out yet.

Huh, that is kind of weird, especially considering how obscure NGNL is. It gives you all kinds of great quotes to throw out in out-of-context situations, though, like "Don't be a Steph" or my personal favorite, "Therefore fellow virgins YOU MUST NOT DIIIIIE!!!"(especially applicable while playing pretty much any MMO when the Healer bites it). Ever read the books? They're not half bad either. Out of curiosity, mind sharing your AQW username(s) so I can say hi if I ever run into you(and check your character page like a creepy stalker)?

Finally, because I realized it fits the theme of Nifl and looks oddly Heroes-ish anyways, here's the Snowy Axe for anyone who wants to mess around with it in their preferred editing tool!

Spoiler

5a910a4fe9fff_SnowyAxe.png.67f94500902459352147e1c516bf6d1b.png

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Out of curiosity, mind sharing your AQW username(s) so I can say hi if I ever run into you(and check your character page like a creepy stalker)?

Okay, but keep in mind that I made it back in 2012, so I was... what, 14? This was pre-Minecraft, for crying out loud. My username is epic-ownzeration.

I've been real busy lately, but I finally had some time to pound this out. Man, Hardin was fun to build, but probably the most complex non mounted build I've done. The head of Gradivus is bigger because I like the SD art where the lance is gigantic

Edited by peevthesheev

On 3/4/2018 at 12:09 PM, peevthesheev said:

I've been real busy lately, but I finally had some time to pound this out. Man, Hardin was fun to build, but probably the most complex non mounted build I've done. The head of Gradivus is bigger because I like the SD art where the lance is gigantic

Hardin-1.png

Robin and Grima.png

Robin.png

Grima looks like he's possessed and with destroy you without a thought.

Here's some Morgans. I think my next project will be a combination of both Robins and both Morgans

Way down the line, when i'm not feeling so lazy, I might do Wyvern Lord Morgan from The Future Past. I might also do Sorc Morgan, maybe with Kiran's hood colored to match the rest of the outfit

On 3/9/2018 at 1:06 AM, SoulWeaver said:

What, you thinking on updating that pic in your sig? Looking forward to whatever you got either way!

It's a possibility, I would probably redo the whole thing, since I managed to fuck myself and not label the layers from the first version.

Edited by peevthesheev

Took a bit of posing to get it right, but here is something similar to my little family picture, loosely based on pic related

God damn, my folder of completed projects is getting big

Edited by peevthesheev

Welp, @NekoKnight, I suppose it's time for an OP update reminder! Things that have happened since you last updated include:

@Nankaina requests addition to list of Spriters and has also completed at least two Requests on this thread in addition to the Requests completed on the previous incarnation, fulfilling requirements.

Good ol' @peevthesheev has been making several additions to his personal portfolio if you want to start that list of stuff people have made and added on here that was on the last one. @GenericHero has also added several sprite creations, and @Lord_Grima has also completed at least one request on here should you restart the personal portfolio stuff.

Immatx, Fala~of~Velthomer, and myself have also added Requests that remain incomplete and need to be added to the list.

I have also added a preliminary image for a weapon from a different game that should be easily accessible and usable to all Spriters once someone cuts it out of the black background in PhotoShop or something. I dunno if you want to start some kind of section for Assets brought from other non-Heroes sources to this Thread or not, but it's there if you wanna give that a try. I'm willing to get screenshots for pretty much anything(Weapon, Helm, Cape, possibly Armor for reference purposes) I can find in AQW as well.

Edited by SoulWeaver

On 3/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Welp, @NekoKnight, I suppose it's time for an OP update reminder! Things that have happened since you last updated include:

@Nankaina requests addition to list of Spriters and has also completed at least two Requests on this thread in addition to the Requests completed on the previous incarnation, fulfilling requirements.

Good ol' @peevthesheev has been making several additions to his personal portfolio if you want to start that list of stuff people have made and added on here that was on the last one. @GenericHero has also added several sprite creations, and @Lord_Grima has also completed at least one request on here should you restart the personal portfolio stuff.

Immatx, Fala~of~Velthomer, and myself have also added Requests that remain incomplete and need to be added to the list.

I have also added a preliminary image for a weapon from a different game that should be easily accessible and usable to all Spriters once someone cuts it out of the black background in PhotoShop or something. I dunno if you want to start some kind of section for Assets brought from other non-Heroes sources to this Thread or not, but it's there if you wanna give that a try. I'm willing to get screenshots for pretty much anything(Weapon, Helm, Cape, possibly Armor for reference purposes) I can find in AQW as well.

Shit, did I not accept the Ferry/Lewyn thing? Whoops. I'm sure I can make Gen 1 Lewyn now, just gotta get more creative with that scarf. Maybe I can do it like I did for Echidna. 

And I already built Fury, so that half is done already. 

I actually think Erinys is my favorite peg knight in the series. I just wish they would decide on her real name so I can stop making that fucking joke

I didn't take @Fala~of~Velthomer's request for personal reasons. I ship Azel and Tailtiu, and Lachesis and Finn, so that would run counter to my beliefs. 

That said, with Finn and Nanna coming in April, I might bite the bullet and do it anyway

Edited by peevthesheev