Legendary Hero Speculation

Arthur97

Okay, so, love it or hate it, Ike seems to indicate that at least some future legendary heroes will be existing characters. With that in mind, who do you think they'll be? What designs do you think they'll use? And what unique skills might they have?

I'll put Great Lord Chrom and Lodestar Marth out there.

For Chrom, he might have Exalted Falchion with some effect which I'm not sure about (but, hey, it glows!).

For Marth, I say give him Shield of Seals (or whatever you want to call it) which acts like Passive and Aegis combined meaning it blocks %50 of any incoming damage regardless of type. Alternatively, it could be a B skill in the same vein as Sigurd's.

Considering we had red, blue and green legendary heroes, I imagine the next one will be colorless. Perhaps a Staff wielding Marth? It may sound silly at first but it makes sense actually. It fits his personality and it could be a reference to his sister.

I get the feeling they'll likely go through all the Lords but (hopefully) only give them one legendary form each. So Marth will only get one despite being in multiple games, Ike only gets one despite being in multiple games, etc.

I have no clue what they'd do for these heroes though since they'd need to try to balance out the whole "not give everyone red weapons" thing.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Considering we had red, blue and green legendary heroes, I imagine the next one will be colorless. Perhaps a Staff wielding Marth? It may sound silly at first but it makes sense actually. It fits his personality and it could be a reference to his sister.

Maybe make the Binding Shield a "tome"? If one tried using the Spheres by themselves, you could annihilate with Geosphere earthquakes and Star+Lightsphere explosions, heal with the Lifesphere, protect yourself with the Darksphere, and also give a bunch of stat boosts to yourself and allies.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe make the Binding Shield a "tome"? If one tried using the Spheres by themselves, you could annihilate with Geosphere earthquakes and Star+Lightsphere explosions, heal with the Lifesphere, protect yourself with the Darksphere, and also give a bunch of stat boosts to yourself and allies.

I was thinking more of a Geosphere Staff. It could be a powered up version of Pain, plus Geosphere gives a critical boost to allies, so this could be translated into Heroes as giving -1 special cooldown when healing an ally.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

What I hope they do eventually with legendary heroes is use the actual heroes of legend from the lore, like Altina from Tellius, Anri from Archanea, Roland from Elibe, etc. That would be hype.

That is what I want as well.  I would love a playable Anri and Altina would be great as well.

I am hoping for a colorless legendary hero this time with H!Jakob on the banner as well so I can just pull colorless and have two units I want in that color.

I’d love to see a younger version of Garon, the version of him before he became ol evil king. I remember seeing a cipher card of a younger Garon wielding Siegfried on a horse. You never know you want something till you realize it

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I did throw out the idea of actual legends, but I do see a problem with just how obscure they might be. Unless he's really good (past legendaries haven't been that good) how many people would want an Athos?

For what it's worth, Athos did noticeably better in CYL 2 compared to the first (1,499 votes, 171st compared to 591 votes, 326th). I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him get in at some point, whether as a legendary hero or not. What I would mind, however, is if they screw him over in a similar, but worse, vein as Knoll and give Forblaze to Roy for no damn reason.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For what it's worth, Athos did noticeably better in CYL 2 compared to the first (1,499 votes, 171st compared to 591 votes, 326th). I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him get in at some point, whether as a legendary hero or not. What I would mind, however, is if they screw him over in a similar, but worse, vein as Knoll and give Forblaze to Roy for no damn reason.

They wouldn't do that :D

They'd give it to Lyn because waifu ^.^

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

They wouldn't do that :D

They'd give it to Lyn because waifu ^.^

And she'd probably be a flier too because if they're going to throw all logic and reason out the window, they might as well go all the way!

57 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Unless he's really good (past legendaries haven't been that good) how many people would want an Athos?

I do!

And Brammy! Durban wouldn't be bad either. Roland is a little generically JRPG heroic, and Elimine is just Lucius in his full manifestation of power (which is in truth, genderless grace, faith and beauty).

Back to Durban, he is just so vicious, to the point is fine with being identical to his weapon:

Durban:
“My name is… Durban… I am called Armads…”

Durban:
“I am power. Power without peer. I am the dragonhunter. I am the fleshbiter, the bonecrusher, the skullbreaker, the doombringer.”

Durban:
“I require no seals. I have no need of this idleness called peace. Power unused is power wasted. Better to lie spent in the grave than to sit in wait. I care not who… I would fight someone…”

44 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or they could toss him Starlight Aureola, since Gotoh Athos goes out of his way to get it to defeat Gharnef Nergal (giving one weapon the property of being anti-Dark Druid when Durandal/Sol Katti/Armads lack it seems arbitrary).

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I was thinking more of a Geosphere Staff. It could be a powered up version of Pain, plus Geosphere gives a critical boost to allies, so this could be translated into Heroes as giving -1 special cooldown when healing an ally.

Not a bad idea, the Geosphere is the one Marth kept and returned to Altea after SD, so that one makes most sense.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

and Sumeragi.

He'd be perfect with the Ganglari (Fury) or Hagakure Blade (does he ever actually swap to the Ganglari when you fight him? For me he used Hagakure even after halving his Str with it.)

4 hours ago, Florete said:

What I hope they do eventually with legendary heroes is use the actual heroes of legend from the lore, like Altina from Tellius, Anri from Archanea, Roland from Elibe, etc. That would be hype.

Altina with Goddess Blades (because "Ragnell and Alondite" is too long) please. Anri with Legendary Falchion. Grado with Garm (we have no idea what he actually looks like, so they could do a lot with him). Saint Heim and Crusader Fjalar. Lots of good choices here.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And she'd probably be a flier too because if they're going to throw all logic and reason out the window, they might as well go all the way!

To be true to this, no class that glitchless had Dark Magic in FE8 could ride a horse. 

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Perhaps a Staff wielding Marth? It may sound silly at first but it makes sense actually. It fits his personality and it could be a reference to his sister.

Scratch that. We get Elice with a watered-down version of the Aum Staff. She shall make healers great again! xD

Since Fjorm is sitting out the next banner, I suspect the next unit will be a Blue. If they want to keep along the instances of things like Ike, that is an existing character who has a distinctive other appearence elsewhere in the series, then I was always thinking Zeke or Sirius woul work. Distinct appearance from Camus, legendary weapon, popular, blue. Zeke in particular has recency bias and could get a "Dark" Gradvius. 

Personally speaking I'd rather not include new, distinct non-OC characters (ie instead of zeke we get like...marth's sister) but I'd give Zeke/Sirius a pass. Everyone's ideas of using characters of literal legend works too, though who knows if they'd ever touch those.

Nightmare scenario is we get a Thracia banner with Thracia GHB and thracia legendary hero and by that I mean Reinhardt Again. Armor, double dire thunder, the best possible min/max spread, great skill set.

You know I'm kind of surprised they didnt save "Anamesis" Eirika or Zelgius for a legendary banner, in retrospect.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

this pretty much, or unique Heroes characters like Fjorm and Gunnthra. L!Ike was a copy and a pretty shitty one to be honest.

I know I don't want to see more "copy" characters any time soon. I was fine with Eirika on the SS banner. New red horse? Cool. Gets to be a BraveNotBrave!Hero? Nice. Some love for her since she didn't get a CYL version. Ike was a good surprise for RD fans...but he was another red sword. A better red sword than a large majority of red swords...but still a red sword. If the legendary heroes just end up being powercreep versions of lords...it's gonna get tedious, especially if they're all just slightly powercrept versions of themselves. 

That being said...I hardcore had a dream that Alm was the next legendary hero, but he didn't get new art. He got like...a throwback to the old Gaiden style. I'm 100% sure that's not going to happen, but on the off-chance I'm slowly becoming clairvoyant, there we are. 

I'd love to get real legends from the games like @Florete mentioned... St. Elimine anyone? Pleeeeeeeeease. She has art. She was my avatar for my first few months on this forum. Let it be so! Altina, Roland, Anri... I feel like those are some really interesting characters that deserve cool art and voice acting. 

But other than that, I really just want to see new OCs. Or even old OCs. Where be Bruno? I know we're getting Ronnie soon...but she's gotta bring him too please. Some way, shape, or form. 

I’d like to see Legendary Alm. Although his Royal Blade (is this its English name? Since it sounds like the Lloyd’s one) would be cool, he would be a red sword again, and now that they have added Double Lion to the Falchion refine, I don’t think this rigelian sword would have any distinctive skill. So, instead of that, Bow Alm would be pretty cool. Maybe give him Blessed Bow (although I don’t know what effect could they give to it, since there’s no monsters in this game), it glows!

Edited by Javi Blizz

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’d like to see Legendary Alm. Although his Royal Blade (is this its English name? Since it sounds like the Lloyd’s one) would be cool, he would be a red sword again, and now that they have added Double Lion to the Falchion refine, I don’t think this rigelian sword would have any distinctive skill. So, instead of that, Bow Alm would be pretty cool. Maybe give him Blessed Bow (although I don’t know what effect could they give to it, since there’s no monsters in this game), it glows!

Bow would probably be the way to go, but they could give the Royal Sword distant counter to reference...whatever that other special move was.