Recent Accomplishments & Positivity Thread

Logjam

Hey everyone,

Post your latest accomplishments or just things that make you happy! I just got invited to the nursing honor society which is only the top 35% of my class and I'm really feeling accomplished! I also beat another chapter of Genealogy of the Holy War last weekend (9) and I'm really happy with that. I'm ready to beat that game already haha.

Positivity GO!

9 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I lost 35lbs over the summer

Congratulations! (If it was intentional! Haha)

9 hours ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Someone complimented on an abstract painting I'm working on the other day. It made me really happy. :)

That's awesome! I'd love to see it. I bet it looks great.

As of late December I've actually been consistently drawing (and most importantly finishing) stuff and I've always been great at starting something but never finishing it. I started doing so once I decided I wanted to get some money trickling in and I thought that maybe I should see if I can start up art commissions. So lately I've just been testing if I have enough resolve to handle such a thing. I've been doing well for two months now so hopefully that means I'll do fine!! I will probably set up a commissions post on my art tumblr soon and it's pretty exciting but also kind of daunting and thinking about it gives me a bit of anxiety~ But I've been pushing myself through the anxiety to get this rolling so I definitely shouldn't stop now!!

On 2/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, DodgeDusk said:

I recently got a mortgage on a house (I'm 21).

Wow that's awesome! I hope you like it!

On 2/21/2018 at 8:01 PM, Freohr Datia said:

As of late December I've actually been consistently drawing (and most importantly finishing) stuff and I've always been great at starting something but never finishing it. I started doing so once I decided I wanted to get some money trickling in and I thought that maybe I should see if I can start up art commissions. So lately I've just been testing if I have enough resolve to handle such a thing. I've been doing well for two months now so hopefully that means I'll do fine!! I will probably set up a commissions post on my art tumblr soon and it's pretty exciting but also kind of daunting and thinking about it gives me a bit of anxiety~ But I've been pushing myself through the anxiety to get this rolling so I definitely shouldn't stop now!!

I'd love to take a cue from you and do that myself, but I think I'll have to wait until my semester is over. That's awesome though! Props to you for keeping up with it.

I think my art's getting better day by day, so that's nice.

I found out what SauceNAO is so now I can have a better chance of finding the source of cool art I see.

I got the motivation to read webcomics again. 

That's about it for now.

I played so many games recently and many of them became instant favourites, so much so that I am greatly looking forward to replaying some of them over semester break.
Nights of Azure, Nights of Azure 2, Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory come to mind.

As for accomplishments: I finally had an epiphany over what to do with the concept I made for a fantasy novel (series, perhaps) I wanted to write for the longest time now. Now I only need names for my characters, the absolute hardest part, but I'm motivated to go the distance this time!

I also finally let go of my seething hatred for Fates' Royal families.

Edited by DragonFlames

On 2/25/2018 at 3:01 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

I think my art's getting better day by day, so that's nice.

I found out what SauceNAO is so now I can have a better chance of finding the source of cool art I see.

I got the motivation to read webcomics again. 

That's about it for now.

Congratulations on your art, I hope you enjoy making it.

On 2/25/2018 at 7:51 AM, BLSoldier said:

I paid my car off earlier this month.

That's awesome!

21 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I played so many games recently and many of them became instant favourites, so much so that I am greatly looking forward to replaying some of them over semester break.
Nights of Azure, Nights of Azure 2, Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory come to mind.

As for accomplishments: I finally had an epiphany over what to do with the concept I made for a fantasy novel (series, perhaps) I wanted to write for the longest time now. Now I only need names for my characters, the absolute hardest part, but I'm motivated to go the distance this time!

I also finally let go of my seething hatred for Fates' Royal families.

Congrats! I know those JRPGs take so many hours and it can feel great to finally finish them. And being creative is awesome! Congrats on letting go of your hate for Fates' royals (I don't love them but I have no real problems with them either).

17 hours ago, Logjam said:

Congrats! I know those JRPGs take so many hours and it can feel great to finally finish them. And being creative is awesome! Congrats on letting go of your hate for Fates' royals (I don't love them but I have no real problems with them either).

Thank you!

On 2/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, Logjam said:

That's awesome! I'd love to see it. I bet it looks great.

Well it definitely looks a lot more developed than initially, and thanks.