New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone noticed yet, but the new GHB is "Takumi: Empty Vessel".

Personally I think it's too early in the game's lifespan to be getting mostly alts of existing characters, but at least we got Hardin and the other choices are neat.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yay for Daddy Hardin!  I'm honestly surprised he's not a GHB.  Do we know who the next GHB is going to be?  I guess it could always be female Grima, like female Robin was.

The notification says the GHB is Takumi.

I love this. I want to save my orbs for the legendary banner, but man, Grima is tempting.

I think I'll pass on this.

On one hand, it's a cool idea. And we finally see male Robin on the evil side instead of female Robin. She was always the one depicted as Grima, now it's male Robin's turn. But on another, it's more alts (except Hardin). I was expecting actual new heroes... Also, it's weird seeing 100% villains on the heroes' side. Also, no berserk Ashnard. Can he be the GHB then though?

Hardin is a nice addition though. I'll probably pull blue for my free pull here and then leave it at that. Good luck to those who plan to have fun with this tho.

Also, the new OC looks neat. I think that's Laevatein's sister. Laevatein is the second princess of Muspell, so she has an older sister and this OC fits that bill.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow this is trully unexpected. At first my reaction was wtf, but after I digest it, I ended up liking it.

I'll definitely go for whoever the game has for me, as all three look really good.

Armored Dragon is a crazy combination but definitely fitting for someone heavy and with low mov as Grima.

Hardin is a pretty good addition there.

And Celica is a really neat move being possesed by Duma.

Now that opens up the question whether who's going to be the next GHB or not. I hope Rinea is the planned unit as it fits the theme of the banner 100%.

= EDIT =

RIP my hopes for Rinea. Takumi huh?

Edited by Quintessence

Just now, Zangetsu said:

OH GOD I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ORBS, DAMN YOU INTSYSTEM!!!!!

Good to finally to see Hardin in the modern age. Is he an armor unit?

Yep. Ironically, he has bold fighter, a player phase skill, as well as a Gradivus, a player phase weapon

1 minute ago, Florete said:

...I guess brave Celica won't have Beloved Zofia.

Yeah, that was my guess for her CYL version as well. Wonder what they'll do with that instead.

Speaking of Celica, if she drops to 4*, she'll outnumber regular Celica in the summoning pool. That's weird. But who knows if this banner will drop anyone.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

OH GOD I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ORBS, DAMN YOU INTSYSTEM!!!!!

Good to finally to see Hardin in the modern age. Is he an armor unit?

Yes, he's armored. He has an armor icon and an armor-only skill.

. . .I think this is the first time that I want EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE.

- Robin makes me feel. . .things I shouldn't be feeling about him
- Hardin because I like his art/skill set
- Celica because damn that's a good idea

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'll pass on this.

On one hand, it's a cool idea. And we finally see male Robin on the evil side instead of female Robin. She was always the one depicted as Grima, now it's male Robin's turn. But on another, it's more alts (except Hardin). I was expecting actual new heroes... Also, it's weird seeing 100% villains on the heroes' side. Also, no berserk Ashnard. Can he be the GHB then though?

Hardin is a nice addition though. I'll probably pull blue for my free pull here and then leave it at that. Good luck to those who plan to have fun with this tho.

Also, the new OC looks neat. I think that's Laevatein's sister. Laevatein is the second princess of Muspell, so she has an older sister and this OC fits that bill.

Isn't Loki her sister, too?  I thought they were both Surtr's daughters, but I haven't followed the "plot" all that closely.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

The notification says the GHB is Takumi.

I love this. I want to save my orbs for the legendary banner, but man, Grima is tempting.

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Possessed Takumi is to be the next GHB, it’s in the in game notifications 

Cool, thanks.  It's nice to see another male-heavy Banner as well, since they have been going overboard with the girls.

I wonder if any of these units will get the 4* treatment this time.  None of them seem like real candidates.  That Speed Chill skill looks nasty.

Potential GHB characters (Good characters that were at some point possessed):

Little Tiki
Delthea
Rinea
Lena
Maria
Nyna
Elice
Julia
Mareeta
Dagdar
Rifis
Eyvel
Sara
Galzus
Takumi

Did I miss any? Takumi feels like the obvious choice, but man, the Kaga games sure did that one a lot.

EDIT: Oh, Takumi's confirmed? Ah well, scratch that.

Edited by Jave

I am so disappointed. I really wanted Thracia, but what disappoints me more is that mage Eirika wasn't a one off thing. The game has now proven that they are going to happily recycle characters already in the game without adding in enough new characters, nor will they dump any new 3-star characters to make up for the reskins either. We'll be lucky to get new, less popular characters at this rate.

I'll probably make a half-hearted attempt for at least one of them, but just ... ;/

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .I think this is the first time that I want EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE.

- Robin makes me feel. . .things I shouldn't be feeling about him
- Hardin because I like his art/skill set
- Celica because damn that's a good idea

What does Robin make you feel that you shouldn't be feeling about him? :o

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Potential GHB characters (Good characters that were at some point possessed):

Little Tiki
Delthea
Rinea
Lena
Maria
Nyna
Elice
Julia
Mareeta
Dagdar
Rifis
Eyvel
Sara
Galzus
Takumi

Did I miss any? Takumi feels like the obvious choice, but man, the Kaga games sure did that one a lot.

My hopes were on Rinea but alas, it's Takumi.

The only one I was interested in was Robin, and then I found out he was armored and my interest plummeted. I just don't like using the armored units unless I have too, but I might pull for him anyway because he looks cool. Then again I have Christmas Chrom decked out so I'm getting pretty conflicted. Good thing Takumi is going to be the GHB.

As for the new OC...she looks cool I guess? I'm kind of disappointed it is another female character. The only males ones we have so far are Alfonse, Bruno, and Surtr and Bruno has been MIA for this whole book. Ah well, she looks like she is going to be the eldest princess of the Fire Kingdom which is an interesting parallel they have set up between the two kingdoms. Both of the main females are the second sisters with older sisters on mounts of some kind. Fjrom and Laevatein also have opposite personalities in that Fjorm seems to be more emotional while Laevatein has been shown to be completely emotionless. I wonder if King Gustav might show up and mirror Surtr as well even though he isn't from Nifl. That seems to be the theme they are running with anyway.

1 minute ago, MisfitMiju said:

Ok now that I'm a tiny bit calmer I think this confirms that the avatars will have 4 variants between each gender so both corrin and robin will have eight variants 

I don't think there's any particular target numbers involved. This game just keeps growing over time, and keeps revisiting high-profile characters over and over in the process.

No Thracia, my boy Leif is never coming home...

Personally, I kind of like the idea of this banner. This would be the best way to get in Grima, and Hardin is a nice surprise considering most of us thought he'd be a GHB. Celica I could take or leave, but at least her artwork and voice acting are great. 

Edited by Medeus

I want Robin the most. Not because I like him, just because he is that good for both my armor emblem and dragon emblem team. Next is Hardin, followed by Celica in dead last. Also, this banner is suprisingly good for fodder.