New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Loki her sister, too?  I thought they were both Surtr's daughters, but I haven't followed the "plot" all that closely.

Really? I didn't see anything that said she was Laevatein's sister. Just a Muspel servant to Surtr.

A little disappointed that Takumi is the GHB, but I'm still missing his normal self, so I guess I'll go for him so I at least have SOME form of Takumi. xP

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Othin said:

I don't think there's any particular target numbers involved. This game just keeps growing over time, and keeps revisiting high-profile characters over and over in the process.

I know it's just an educated guess since we've only had 4 variants of heroes so far but I fully expect them to exceed at some point with lucina,lyn, or camilla at some point. Admittedly the excitement is taking over me

@Poimagic

@Jingle Jangle

@Othin

Thanks guys, but wasn't Hardin always an armor unit?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted Thracia, but what disappoints me more is that mage Eirika wasn't a one off thing. The game has now proven that they are going to happily recycle characters already in the game without adding in enough new characters, nor will they dump any new 3-star characters to make up for the reskins either. We'll be lucky to get new, less popular characters at this rate.

I'll probably make a half-hearted attempt for at least one of them, but just ... ;/

March still has a banner that focus on new heroes. So unless it's going ST. Patrick holiday banner, there's still a chance for Tharcia.

Man, I'm kinda disappointed. On one hand, this is a pretty neat idea, and Hardin is a brand new character they haven't put in Heroes yet so he's a very welcome addition. But on the other hand, all the other characters are repeats, this is showing that new characters will be getting rarer and rarer. I'm still really hoping they add Brom at some point, but man...I'm really starting to let out some heavy sighs. I was also hoping Thracia would be added soon, VERY soon. Leif is still missing! Thracia has been completely ignored!

And, plus, I honestly would have made Possessed Robin the female version just so there could be a Female Robin in the summoning pool.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

March still has a banner that focus on new heroes. So unless it's going ST. Patrick holiday banner, there's still a chance for Tharcia.

It's probably not going to be St. Patrick's banner, I just can't imagine Japan celebrating it. Plus, the banner said "new heroes" and not "special heroes". I'd hope Thracia gets added sooner rather than later, but if they add in a second version of Reinhardt along with new Thracia units I swear ... ;/

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Loki her sister, too?  I thought they were both Surtr's daughters, but I haven't followed the "plot" all that closely.

Loki isn't her sister just another of Surtr's generals. I have the feeling she might just be using Surtr for her own gains as well, but who knows.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Loki is just a servant of Surtr, and nothing's ever been said or implied otherwise.  This is the first time we've seen Laevatein's sister, though she was mentioned (not by name) back when Laevatein retreated after the World of Dawn chapter.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's probably not going to be St. Patrick's banner, I just can't imagine Japan celebrating it. I'd hope Thracia gets added sooner rather than later, but if they add in a second version of Reinhardt along with new Thracia units I swear ... ;/

Not that he needs it, but he has become a popular character now.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Not really. This is his heroes of light and shadow version, in which he goes evil. His shadow dragon version is actually nice guy and is a Cav in that game

No, I meant his appearance in MoE, wasn't he a general something along those lines?

Edited by Zangetsu

Huh, well, at least Awakening gets something. I also like that they made him green since that means Falchion is his bane.

25 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hm....very interesting. I definitely like the theme, and it's cool to get some villains from something other than a GHB. But I guess this means the devs will have to get a bit more creative with CYL Celica. Hardin and Grima look like they're going to be a huge pain to deal with in the Arena......... Watch them both have like....50 DEF and RES. *sobs* 

Grima's art is a little...strange. Not bad. But like...I think I need a while to form a better opinion about it. 

Because this isn't Canas, Pent, Louise, Lugh, or Maribelle, my orbs are safe!

Is it sad that I'm more excited to see a new OC than the banners? New general looks COOL. I'm totally ready. Now I wonder who the GHB is going to be..... 

For Grima's art, think of it like Grima's corrupting his body if it looks wierd. Maybe it will help rationalize it.

7 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Ok now that I'm a tiny bit calmer I think this confirms that the avatars will have 4 variants between each gender so both corrin and robin will have eight variants 

The catalog does list them separately. I.e. Winter Robin is before regular female Robin.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Not that he needs it, but he has become a popular character now.

No, I meant his appearance in MoE, wasn't he a general something along those lines?

I think so? I never played MoE, I just know that Hardin goes evil. Maybe he wasn’t really an armored unit in MoE, but just got the Zephiel treatment. I mean, he most certainly passes as an armored unit

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

@Poimagic

@Jingle Jangle

@Othin

Thanks guys, but wasn't Hardin always an armor unit?

In his Emperor form in FE3/12, yeah, he was armored. I'd actually been hoping for a long time for a Hardin GHB as a free source of an armored DC lance user, but unfortunately this is not free.

2 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Its time to recruit villians. I think IS made this because we will be getting Veronica soon. Welp, gotta give up my chase for LA!Lyn one day or another.

That's an interesting theory. I really wanted Thracia to show up, but since there are absolutely no snow maps in that game (I think) and we're in Let-It-Go Land, we might get them afterwards. Anyway, if that's the case, we may get another Fallen Heroes banner.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Huh, well, at least Awakening gets something. I also like that they made him green since that means Falchion is his bane.

For Grima's art, think of it like Grima's corrupting his body if it looks wierd. Maybe it will help rationalize it.

The catalog does list them separately. I.e. Winter Robin is before regular female Robin.

This makes me curious if female robin will ever join the summoning pool or what the corrin's will receive in the coming year lord knows they're are a lot of costume ideas can be taken from nohr and hoshido or even valla

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That does make sense. I can't say I don't like it. And I can't say I like it...but I may like it better than his normal art. It's very different and very creative. And I definitely like the detail. He just looks a little...kid-like I suppose. Maybe it's because he seems thin? There's something off. The more I think about it, I like his expression. The wide eyes seem very dragon-like.

I was just thinking to myself today at work that evil versions of characters were gonna be an eventuality in Heroes, but I didn't expect it so soon.  While I always prefer more of the FE cast being added in first, this banner does a good job at adding in an interesting twist of playable characters.  I did assume these would have all been some cool form of boss battle instead, but oh well.

Only one new character out of four? That's disappointing. They could have taken the chance to add Rinea and Julius and kept the theme intact. At least they all look fun to use apart from Celica.

Though, why didn't they just call him Grima?

6 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

This makes me curious if female robin will ever join the summoning pool or what the corrin's will receive in the coming year lord knows they're are a lot of costume ideas can be taken from nohr and hoshido or even valla

Guess it depends on if she ever gets a not-a-brave-unit version. With the Grima idea out of the way, it looks unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That does make sense. I can't say I don't like it. And I can't say I like it...but I may like it better than his normal art. It's very different and very creative. And I definitely like the detail. He just looks a little...kid-like I suppose. Maybe it's because he seems thin? There's something off. The more I think about it, I like his expression. The wide eyes seem very dragon-like.

Thin could work too as Grima's influence probably isn't very healthy. Though, I think his normal art it pretty good. Certainly better than female Robin.

Edited by Arthur97

Alright, Evil Hardin. That's totally something I would put in the game. But now that he's in, my wants for Archanea characters are 100% satisfied...

From a gameplay sense, I think this is a great banner. Finally some armor units that are not seasonal or limited due to being tied to a Tempest Trial. Zelgius was a nice reprieve, but it was just a better version of a unit we all owned.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

FRICK THIS ISN'T SHOWING UP FOR ME

SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK

Here you go.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I think so? I never played MoE, I just know that Hardin goes evil. Maybe he wasn’t really an armored unit in MoE, but just got the Zephiel treatment. I mean, he most certainly passes as an armored unit

So it would seem.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

In his Emperor form in FE3/12, yeah, he was armored. I'd actually been hoping for a long time for a Hardin GHB as a free source of an armored DC lance user, but unfortunately this is not free.

My sincerest condolences. No fan should ever struggle getting the unit they desire. I know that sounded sarcastic but I'm really being sincere here.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

OMG, you're right. That's going to be a great visual image when Lucina kills him again.