New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

My inner goth girl is coming out again after studying Grima more, plus first male dragon in Heroes(M!Corrin does not count since he does not transform).  I really hope Grima comes home quickly.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Also another thing I've realized...

Anyone who was under the control of Anankos — like Gunter, Mikoto, or Sumeragi — would be awesome units for another banner.

FUCK IT. Put Anankos himself in, since it seems summoning huge Dragons into the battlefield is possible now.

Gunter as a second armored dragon in the form of Anankos would be cool. Of course, perhaps Garon would be more appropriate?

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And of course, IS just spoiled four games. I guess we shouldn't be surprised after Zelgius.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put in fe16 spoilers once it comes out and they use Heroes to market it

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How does one bind a being like Grima with a contract though?

Also, who would be comfortable having that (or any of them for that matter) walking around the castle?

Well as summoners we're fine with serial killers(Peri) and psychopaths(Valter). A huge murdering dragon is definitely pushing it though. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, who would be comfortable having that (or any of them for that matter) walking around the castle?

Don't know, but we already have ax-crazy blood knights (Legion, Valter) inhabiting the castle and things have been fine. We also have potentially already Fomortiis-possessed Lyon hanging around too, who would be no different than Grima-possessed Robin.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

For the sake of intimidation?

Ah, yes that is quite ironic.

I think a few of the heroes might object to being roomies with the Fell Dragon.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Don't know, but we already have ax-crazy blood knights (Legion, Valter) inhabiting the castle and things have been fine. We also have potentially already Fomortiis-possessed Lyon hanging around too, who would be no different than Grima-possessed Robin.

Lyon is a decent point, but he seems to have mostly got over that (until he activates a skill). Plus, having Grima around would probably cause a severe reaction from any Lucinas.

Hmm... 4* demotions...

Chances are that Celica is the most likely to get demoted once the banner ends since all she has to offer is Chilling Spd 3 trolls. Robin (ridiculous overall starting kit) and Hardin (Brazen Def/Res, which can be stacked with Distant Def 3 seal, and non-seasonal Bold Fighter) have very desirable skills for whales so they're likely to remain 5* exclusive.

WHAT THE....

I'm sorry I'm just now learning about this banner, but this feels so random yet it's so spectacular. I think I'm just going to have to summon on this banner for either Hardin or Robin, preferably Grima because my Dragon Emblem will actually start to shine at that point. Albeit I do think Robin's art is whacky, but still going to try for him. 

Screw LA! Banner I got three* LA! Hectors already, I'm good.

Edited by Ae†her

Wow, did not expect this banner. I was thinking Thracia for sure. Tempting banner for me. Also never would have guessed our first armored dragon to be Grima instead of, say, Deghinsea. That being said:

I wanted to pull for him for Dragon Emblem but then I think about it. He seems friendly for an armored team, but for a Dragon team, his 1 movement type would be a hindrance without say armored boots would it not (which means he needs to be at 100% and misses out on using other seals)?  There's Myrrh and guidance too but then that would be doubling up on greens. Wouldn't the only way he'd smoothly fit on a dragon team be if if he had another armored dragon buddy with armor march?

Edited by OmNomNom

2 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

I want to pull for him but then I think about it. He seems friendly for an armored team, but for a Dragon team, his 1 movement type would be a hindrance without say armored boots would it not (which means he needs to be at 100% and misses out on using other seals)?  There's Myrrh and guidance too but then that would be doubling up on greens. Wouldn't the only way he'd smoothly fit on a dragon team be if if he had another armored dragon buddy with armor march?

You have the Armored Boots sacred seal now, so he can achieve 2 movement at the start of the turn while his HP is at 100%. You can imagine his BST will be very high so being Armored Boots reliant kind of balances out.

11 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

There's Myrrh and guidance too but then that would be doubling up on greens

Since's there's no colorless dragon you end up doubling on a specific color anyways and being an armored unit means he'll help your arena score if you don't have a lot of merges. Legendary refined breath with a fantastic base kit overall means you'll only invest a bit.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We also have potentially already Fomortiis-possessed Lyon hanging around too, who would be no different than Grima-possessed Robin.

Key deference here, giant dragon actually shows up unlike the demon king. Grima is hilarious though now that I think about it, how the hell does he fit within the towns let alone the castle.

Edited by ChickenBits

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Since's there's no colorless dragon you end doubling on a specific color anyways and being an armored unit means he'll help your arena score if you don't have a lot of merges. Legendary refined breath with a fantastic base kit overall means you'll only invest a bit.

Key deference here, giant dragon actually shows up unlike the demon king. Grima is hilarious though now that I think about it, how the hell does he fit within the towns let alone the castle.

It's probably a case of Grima's actual body not being there and the head is just a projection.

12 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

In Awakening's campaign, it was the Grima of a different timeline helping the Grima possessed Robin.

In Awakening DLC, the Grima head summoned was transparent and ghostly.

27 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

My inner goth girl is coming out again after studying Grima more, plus first male dragon in Heroes(M!Corrin does not count since he does not transform).  I really hope Grima comes home quickly.

Neither does Grima possessed Robin though.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

12 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Since's there's no colorless dragon you end up doubling on a specific color anyways and being an armored unit means he'll help your arena score if you don't have a lot of merges. Legendary refined breath with a fantastic base kit overall means you'll only invest a bit.

Sorry, since this is my first time really considering a Dragon Emblem with his release, I read the default go to was to double up on blues for Ninian and Nowi, and then Tiki / a Green. Wouldn't  replacing Nowi for Grima be too much of a hindrance to a Dragon Emblem,  especially with the recent Falchion uupgrades (I like her the least of the Dragons by far).

Edited by OmNomNom

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

In Awakening's campaign, it was the Grima of a different timeline helping the Grima possessed Robin.

Wasn't it the alternate Grima alone?

If there's no datamine or anything like that then my guess for Grima's stats would be 48/35/35/31/31 = 180 BST,  that would be simply be perfectly broken.

43 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Had to skip the last Sacred Stones banner because I spent them all in the Radiant Dawn banner (still salty for my Zelgius with -att/+res :dry: ). Still, after my last experience I'm not sure if I should ever attempt another banner unless it's 5% focus..... but Grima...... BTW, have you noticed he's the first final boss to be playable? I've expected Medeus first XD

Haha yeah I understand. I try and skip banners for units I don't find too spectacular, but I drained around 150 orbs for Myrrh a bit back.  My friends have pretty bad luck and are sometimes impulsive when they are too invested in a banner, so they end up spending money on it.  I remember one of my friends said the Legendary Hero Ike banner was a bait banner since his own luck was so bad with 8% banners lolol.  

Also, NO, I didn't notice he was a final boss that was a playable, good catch.  Usually my friends inform me of this, but I think they must have missed it this time. Best of luck on your pulls, summoner!

Also, as an aside, with Grima/Robin's introduction brings us our first male Manakete/Dragon in the game, abolishing the trend of them being female only beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Only one new character out of four? That's disappointing. They could have taken the chance to add Rinea and Julius and kept the theme intact. At least they all look fun to use apart from Celica.

To be fair to Robin's case, with the way the story works in Awakening Grima would be 99% in control of his body, so you could argue it's a different character in that sense.

There's little excuse for Celica though.

Edited by Medeus

I'm excited for this banner and GHB combo. I like the idea, I like the designs aside from Grima!Robin's, Hardin is a unit I've been waiting ages for even if it's not Cav Hardin, and another Takumi alt is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, Ae†her said:

If there's no datamine or anything like that then my guess for Grima's stats would be 48/35/35/31/31 = 180 BST,  that would be simply be perfectly broken.

His Speed is probably significantly lower, he couldn't even double a generic in the gameplay footage.

2 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

Sorry, since this is my first time really considering a Dragon Emblem with his release, I read the default go to was to double up on blues for Ninian and Nowi, and then Tiki / a Green. Wouldn't  replacing Nowi for Grima be too much of a hindrance to a Dragon Emblem,  especially with the recent Falchion uupgrades (I like her the least by far).

Depends on what units you have and your playstyle. I'm lacking Ninian so I've been using two reds with the Tikis and so far I've been fine. Falchion still isn't all that common and TA Nowi can deal with them just fine(I can't bait Alm, gotta get him in the player phase with Nowi).

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I completelely forgot about the dlc, so it's not the entirety of Grima but an apparition of some kind? That makes it more funny, "Let me summon this dragon head cause I don't wanna fight you head on."

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Ah, you were talking about the Grima head. I get it now.

I think in the DLC, they were going for a similar effect as the Naga and Loptyr tomes of FE4.

Ss_fe04_loptyr_attack.png

Just now, ChickenBits said:

I completelely forgot about the dlc, so it's not the entirety of Grima but an apparition of some kind? That makes it more funny, "Let me summon this dragon head cause I don't wanna fight you head on."

The DLC one, yes, is just an apparition, similar to the Naga/Loptyr apparitions that appear when their tomes are used.

Edited by Emperor Hardin