New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

Wow, what an unexpected banner! 

I'm happy to say that my orbs are safe.  Possessed characters just aren't my thing.  For the first time ever (for a new character banner), I'm going to do my free pull and get out!  I'm honestly quite glad  because I ended up spending some money on the last banner when I wasn't originally planning to... Lyn was being difficult and not coming to me.  (I got her eventually, -Atk...)  I need to save my orbs for the next legendary banner.

Robin's voice actually sounded kinda sexy, though.  Nice. :o:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Depends on what units you have and your playstyle. I'm lacking Ninian so I've been using two reds with the Tikis and so far I've been fine. Falchion still isn't all that common and TA Nowi can deal with them just fine(I can't bait Alm, gotta get him in the player phase with Nowi).

I completelely forgot about the dlc, so it's not the entirety of Grima but an apparition of some kind? That makes it more funny, "Let me summon this dragon head cause I don't wanna fight you head on."

I don't think this Grima has access to his full body.

I'm a bit disappointed in Robin's art. I feel like more could've been done here, and he just doesn't look that good. Would rather take the female Robin Cipher card art instead. I also dislike the overwhelming number of armors we've gotten recently since I find them the least fun to play with. 

That being said, holy crap I didn't expect this. Very cool idea for a banner I must say, and I'll probably spend some orbs on it. I'm also curious as to what Takumi will look like and if he'll be any good. Skadi being a Brave Bow of some kind would fit considering it spawns a second copy of him in Conquest.

1 minute ago, Azure Sen said:

His Speed is probably significantly lower, he couldn't even double a generic in the gameplay footage.

Oh. Well it was a blue mage add, and I think those guys are in decent speed tiers of 31-32 even as generics. I hope it doesn't mean anything, but even if it did then his Spd should still be above the 30s, so maybe they just added more to his Def and Res, which is not too different. 35/35 would just be perfect though so I hope it doesn't mean anything.

14 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Also, as an aside, with Grima/Robin's introduction brings us our first male Manakete/Dragon in the game, abolishing the trend of them being female only beforehand. 

Unless they're showing off their sexual assets, Robin (and Kris, Corrin, Kana, and Morgan) is always sexless/hermaphroditic to me. Whether you make them male or female is a coat of paint. The point is, they have no fixed sex canonically, which makes Male Robin inherently different from someone who is absolutely and unchangeably male.

This was about the last banner I or any of my friends were expecting, jeez. Not sure if I'm going to pull from it or not; Grima Robin looks alright but I'll likely just save for future banners or waste my orbs on LA some more. Hopefully the GHB is good, they're the only unit I'm really interested in.

Edited by tofu_tofu

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless they're showing off their sexual assets, Robin (and Kris, Corrin, Kana, and Morgan) is always sexless/hermaphroditic to me. Whether you make them male or female is a coat of paint. The point is, they have no fixed sex canonically, which makes Male Robin inherently different from someone who is absolutely and unchangeably male.

That's...weird.

Both Robins and Corrins are listed separately (their seasonals don't overlap) therefore, male Robin is a separate entity from female Robin.

42 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Key deference here, giant dragon actually shows up unlike the demon king. Grima is hilarious though now that I think about it, how the hell does he fit within the towns let alone the castle.

Just because Fomortiis never manifests physically doesn't mean he can't, assuming Lyon is even possessed by him in the first place of course.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The problem with that assessment is that it ignores the fact that each depiction of those avatars are separate as far as the representative 'characters' are concerned, both internally and externally. We don't have a Summer Lancer M!Robin nor an Armored female one, it's just one version for each particular gender and regardless of whether Robin can be either has no effect on those particular variations. So in all practical sense, the Robin we have here is Male, can only be male, and is the only one (currently at least) depicted as a Dragon/Manakete unit, and thus would still be a trend breaker in the sense that he's the first male unit that can turn into a dragon. 

Edited by Medeus

...Holy--

I never expected this. Hardin is fantastic, he looks great! And Grima!Robin? Hell to hecking yes! Possessed Celica? Not as effective as a concept than the other two as it was so brief in the game, but still, she looks great. I want all three.

Problem is...I'm still trying to get Lilina, Hector and Lyn from the LA banner...

Also, Takumi is the GHB? ...Eh, not my cup of tea, but cool I guess.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted Thracia, but what disappoints me more is that mage Eirika wasn't a one off thing. The game has now proven that they are going to happily recycle characters already in the game without adding in enough new characters, nor will they dump any new 3-star characters to make up for the reskins either. We'll be lucky to get new, less popular characters at this rate.

I'll probably make a half-hearted attempt for at least one of them, but just ... ;/

I'm with you on this one. At least we got Hardin. Seems like every "new" banner  will be special heroes.

To get actual new units will be a pain it seems. Now that every banner has to have at least one save route character.

Seperating new banners at this rate is pointless. There is no guideline. It's all about special units.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That's...weird.

Both Robins and Corrins are listed separately (their seasonals don't overlap) therefore, male Robin is a separate entity from female Robin.

13 minutes ago, Medeus said:

The problem with that assessment is that it ignores the fact that each depiction of those avatars are separate as far as the representative 'characters' are concerned. We don't have a Summer Lancer M!Robin nor an Armored female one, it's just one version for each particular gender and regardless of whether Robin can be either has no effect on those particular variations. So for all intents and purposes, the Robin we have here is Male and is the only one (currently at least) depicted as a Dragon/Manakete unit, and thus would still be a trend breaker in the sense that he's the first one that is male turning into a dragon.

They have pretty much identical personalities and equally customizable stats and everything else. All that truly differs is who they can see naked outside of marriage, who they can marry, and what role they play in procreation- barely anything majorly important. Maleness is not essential to Mobin, Femaleness is not essential to Fobin.

I acknowledge they will be treated differently in FE materials and as separate persons, and I'm not arguing against this. Just that personally, the difference between them is much slimmer than between any other two random characters. 

If they added skills like the recent Gencross and Genpeer additions to Warriors, or Forrest got Fierce Counter and Charlotte Unmask, then within the context of Heroes, I would consider Mobin's gameplay maleness to matter. But this still wouldn't alter my personal conviction of them as one sexless/hermaphroditic personality outside of small parts of gameplay, fanservice, representation's sake in various games.

Perhaps I'm just looking into the depths of their being, ignoring the plumbing layer as irrelevant when it really isn't for this game. I might have a point, but if I do, the point is meaningless in this game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I choose to believe that Robin just pulls out a rubber dragon mask from the Tardis that is his robe and puts it on every time he attacks. He's not even possessed, it's just a prank.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I choose to believe that Robin just pulls out a rubber dragon mask from the Tardis that is his robe and puts it on every time he attacks.

You mean an Actual Rubber Dragon, since Grima's in the background! :P:

On an unrelated note, I keep reading this topic title as "Those who have fallen and can't get up".

Edited by eclipse

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They have pretty much identical personalities and equally customizable stats and everything else. All that truly differs is who they can see naked outside of marriage, who they can marry, and what role they play in procreation- barely anything majorly important. Maleness is not essential to Mobin, Femaleness is not essential to Fobin.

I acknowledge they will be treated differently in FE materials and as separate persons, and I'm not arguing against this. Just that personally, the difference between them is much slimmer than between any other two random characters.

Not arguing against that, but the fact that it's the male skin rather than the female skin is significant. Considering they've previously gone out of their way to make all breath units female.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

On an unrelated note, I keep reading this topic title as "Those who have fallen and can't get up".

Which is rather apt given all the armoured units we've been getting lately.

So now we find out who finds evil sexy :P

big contrast to the wholesome Love Abounds banner

i felt like Robin's art should have had his hood down, since that's how CYL depicted him and i associate Grima with the hooded Robin more anyway. Armored dragon is cool though.

omg Celica's evil japanese voice though. The art is great, I like the contrast in her possessed face.

i felt like a certain someone with Krimhleid would fit somewhere but alas. I guess we needed one female, just didn't expect Beloved Zofia to be Celica's weapon. Wonder what CYL Celica is now...staff user?

don't know much about Hardin although Gradivus looks too simple/basic compared to his evil sprite. Doesn't look evil enough haha

Takumi as GhB? That's good, because colorless is hell enough. I wonder of Skadi will have built-in Close Counter or something since I doubt we will get free Close counter fodder 

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Not arguing against that, but the fact that it's the male skin rather than the female skin is significant. Considering they've previously gone out of their way to make all breath units female.

Well we won't know it's a crack in the status quo until later. If it is one at all. Or, if the crack wasn't due to a want to rep male Breath units, or just because they ran out of natural Female Breaths (Ena, Nagi, Uta-loid Tiki, maybe Almedha, Mila, Nah, Female Kana, "Naga Tiki" if they want to play the Future Past card, Possessed SD Fane of Raman guard Tiki, Warriors Tiki, and I think that is all that remains), and didn't want to even a new one out of nothing.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Where is the LifeAlert Sacred Seal? Jagen needs it by this point when so many young whippersnappers keep knocking him off his horse!

This is probably the last banner I expected to see, but I'm down with it. I was thinking about trying for Hinoka on the New Power banner, but now I think I'll save my orbs for Grima instead. I kinda hoped that if Grima were to get in it'd be the version with the hood obscuring their face, and potentially have the voice make it somewhat ambiguous which gender Robin is underneath, but I'll take what I can get. He seems like he might be a good addition to my armour team, not that I really know all that much about team building.

As for the others, I'm interested in seeing what Betrayal!Takumi and Skadi brings, but really they could give me anything and I'd be fine with it because free unit. Hardin is cool for people who like him, but I've never played (New) Mystery, so I don't really care about him. Celica I probably won't pull for, but I wouldn't mind if I got her after she dropped, assuming she's the one that drops from the banner, since I don't have a regular Celica. Really her getting Beloved Zofia just makes me question what they're going to give Brave Celica.

According to the schedule on Twitter, this is a regular banner (it's listed as New Heroes, whereas the seasonals are usually listed as Special Heroes, which I think means this is a normal, units-go-into-the-5-star-pool-after-the-banner kind of banner). All of these are gonna be regular units that can pity-break us on future banners.
Which means we now have non-Seasonal Vengeful Fighter and Bold Fighter units to use as Inherit Skill fodder. I like this.

I mean, Grima and Hardin look like they'll be pretty good units in their own right (I want a Hardin so I can give him Bold Fighter and Quick Riposte and watch him double on both phases and counterattack at range thanks to Distant Counter, and Grima looks like he's gonna be pretty solid as a dragon armor), but I really want a Hardin for my LA Hector (that ATK shouldn't be limited to hitting once, plus if I gave him Bold Fighter I could run Ignis on him and do 32-42 extra damage on every second attack, which should be enough to kill most foes) and a Grima because I'll probably find someone who wants Vengeful Fighter at some point... maybe Eliwood? Still got no clue what to do with him...

Celica looks alright too, even though she creeps me out. Not someone I'm especially interested in tho.

Wonder what Takumi's map will be. They already did the final map of Conquest for one of the Tempest Trials, didn't they? Maybe they'll do Chapter 10 of Conquest? Or that one where you fight him on a wall? Or some other map where you fight Takumi that I can't recall at the moment?
Also curious as to what Skadi's gonna have. Maybe we'll finally get a weapon with Close Counter built-in?