New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

I’ve never been a fan of any of the avatar characters but that Grima is just the best! Grima and Duma Celica are units I want the most but I’m probably not wasting any orbs until I summon LA!Lyn (or at least till that banner ends) Also Betrayal is there? I didn’t see him in the trailer or any notification but I’m happy he is the free unit.

edit: oops! He was totally in the notifications I just didn’t read it the whole way through.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They have pretty much identical personalities and equally customizable stats and everything else. All that truly differs is who they can see naked outside of marriage, who they can marry, and what role they play in procreation- barely anything majorly important. Maleness is not essential to Mobin, Femaleness is not essential to Fobin.

I acknowledge they will be treated differently in FE materials and as separate persons, and I'm not arguing against this. Just that personally, the difference between them is much slimmer than between any other two random characters. 

If they added skills like the recent Gencross and Genpeer additions to Warriors, or Forrest got Fierce Counter and Charlotte Unmask, then within the context of Heroes, I would consider Mobin's gameplay maleness to matter. But this still wouldn't alter my personal conviction of them as one sexless/hermaphroditic personality outside of small parts of gameplay, fanservice, representation's sake in various games.

Perhaps I'm just looking into the depths of their being, ignoring the plumbing layer as irrelevant when it really isn't for this game. I might have a point, but if I do, the point is meaningless in this game.

Well, they have slightly different personalities I think if you take the time to look. The way I see it, they are different "people" but the same character. They fulfill the same role, but they are not technically the same. Plus, like I said, if nothing else, they aren't lumped together in the catalog of heroes with it going Male Robin, Winter Robin, Female Robin, and then Summer Robin as oppose to when the same character gets an alt like Chrom and it goes in chronological order of being added to the game i.e. Chrom, Spring Chrom, and then Winter Chrom (exceptions being young and adult Tiki and Vanguard Ike since they are from different games).

Also, I know the Morgans have rather different personalities. Male Robin is more chill while Female Robin is more...bubbly kind of like an extreme female Robin.

Oh yeah, something I'm remembering now...

I remember back during the Stepping into the New Year Tempest Trial I'd come up with a theory that the Takumi we were going against was foreshadowing us getting an Evil Takumi.

I WAS RIGHT BOYS! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Grima is definitely the best unit on this banner. Way better W!Tharja and good at taking out ranged units. DC built into his weapon. Slap on Brazen def res and you've got a beast. The fact that he can proc Ignis so easily, uhh. If the stats shown in the video are correct then he's got 48HP and 35 Def. They gave Grima a more busted version of lightning breath with higher mt and no cooldown slowing effect yet they think Naglfar and Raventomes are strong as enough as it is. IS, you've truly done it again. 

Edited by silveraura25

Holy shit. What a banner. I'm so conflicted. On one hand, these kind of are and aren't repeats in a way. Confusng.. and maybe better fitting for Halloween, but what do I know. Possessed!Takumi in GHB.. while I have to disapprove of him getting another version so soon, I also can't help but be a little excited. I hope he is great. (Although unlikely to be gamebreaking sadly. I wonder if Takumi will ever be back in the top tier..)

Omg, this banner is so awesome. But what is more awesome is the new wyvern rider on the enemies side. 

Hardin is the most wanted! And Bold/Vengeful fighter are on this banner. damn.
Also I need bold fighter and vengeful fighter..I will draw til the bitter end.

I shouldn't have wasted 20 orbs yesterday..

Edited by Stroud

12 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I just realized: M!Robin will be our first breath unit. I'm surprised they did Celica though. She was possessed for only a cut scene. You don't even get to fight her. 

FIrst MALE breath unit. Though I'm sure that's what you meant to put in XD we all make mistakes.

There's also First Armored Breath unit too.

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Mmm, nope. Right there.

They meant when he was shown attacking. If you look there, he isn’t holding a stone of any kind. He only has one in the pic because he isn’t equipped with Expiration there.

8 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

FIrst MALE breath unit. Though I'm sure that's what you meant to put in XD we all make mistakes.

There's also First Armored Breath unit too.

Lol. Yeah that's what I meant. So true!

Edited by ZeManaphy

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I wonder what Chill Spd 3 will do if more than one unit has the same highest Spd out of the entire team...

Considering Gunnthra's Chilling Seal does multiple targets with its own effect (when applicable), I'd say it's a definite possibility.

Just now, MilodicMellodi said:

Considering Gunnthra's Chilling Seal does multiple targets with its own effect (when applicable), I'd say it's a definite possibility.

Ouch, that's an overkill on my team compositions especially since Celica is red, and my two fastest units are Nino and Ryoma, both at 46 Spd. Armor Emblem is going to be really strong nowadays isn't it?

I am not really fond of this banner, all we have been getting lately is armored units. Wouldnt be surprised if Takumi GHB is also an Armored unit with a Bow or so

Also they went overboard with Armored Robin. Dragon with a DC breath built in + higher might + no penalty on special charges.... He will run 175 BST prolly. This is scary like fuck. Slap Steady Breath Bold Fighter 3 and Quick Riposte 3 Seal on to him and you have an all around Bulky unit no ranged unit can even touch. Its just dumb. Cant even attack with Julia or Deirdra because they will get killed in the Counter attack.
Myrrh was allready pushing it. Not sure why anyone would even run anything else besides Dragon units anymore...

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They meant when he was shown attacking. If you look there, he isn’t holding a stone of any kind. He only has one in the pic because he isn’t equipped with Expiration there.

But saying he's unarmed is misleading. And in my first statement, I said his sprite had a dragonstone, the symbol of a manakete. Obviously Grima's been weakened to where he can only manifest part of himself. The breaths don't have individual weapon sprites to depict them, just a dragonstone since any dragon can learn the standard breaths. Grima also has the same sound effect summoning his head as a manakete transformation, Julia has no such sound effect as her "summoning" is a spell whereas Grima's is, technically, a transformation. Saying Grima is a manakete in the same way as Julia is incorrect.

5 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Ouch, that's an overkill on my team compositions especially since Celica is red, and my two fastest units are Nino and Ryoma, both at 46 Spd. Armor Emblem is going to be really strong nowadays isn't it?

At least Chilling Seal and Chill Spd don't stack.

I mean, not entirely at least. The worst that'll happen is Atk -6 and Spd -7.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

But saying he's unarmed is misleading. And in my first statement, I said his sprite had a dragonstone, the symbol of a manakete. Obviously Grima's been weakened to where he can only manifest part of himself. The breaths don't have individual weapon sprites to depict them, just a dragonstone since any dragon can learn the standard breaths. Grima also has the same sound effect summoning his head as a manakete transformation, Julia has no such sound effect as her "summoning" is a spell whereas Grima's is, technically, a transformation. Saying Grima is a manakete in the same way as Julia is incorrect.

In the battle animations, possessed Robin waves his hands and an image of Grima above appears above to attack.

Grima never manifested his full body when possessing Robin, the most he did was summon a spectral image of his head to attack.

Watching it again, Grima summoning his true form's head is very different from the Manakete transformation.

Julia is a human possessed by Naga who can bring out little bit of their dragon power to attack.

Robin is a human possessed by Grima who can bring out little bit of their dragon power to attack.

Lorewise, Grima has no dragonstone as he isn't assuming a humanoid form of his own.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

6 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

ummm they target 2 different units.

Chilling Seal target the unit with the lowest Def and Chill Spd target the unit with the highest Spd. It could affect the same unit and not stack but chances are if you are running somethign like Nino and Ayra in the same team, Ayra will get debuffed by Chill Spd (due to her prolly higher spd then Nino) and Nino by Chilling Seal (due to her low def). Resulting in 2 units of your Team constantly being debuffed. which is delicious :D

10 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Atk/Spd-6 or Spd-7 are both terrible status effects especially for my Nino and Ryoma who thrive in T20 primarily due to their high Spds. I've had the luxury of rarely ever running into any Gunthras, but Celica will be rampant because she's pretty and popular. 

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Atk/Spd-6 or Spd-7 are both terrible status effects especially for my Nino and Ryoma who thrive in T20 primarily due to their high Spds. I've had the luxury of rarely ever running into any Gunthras, but Celica will be rampant because she's pretty and popular. 

Oh I know. I wasn't stating optimal strategy, just...technicality?

Also, I just want to say...Ayra and Lyn are going to have a very tough time against her. Being that their kits is based off of being fast (or at least, faster), Chill Spd is going to really drag them down.

Dammit, when are they going to finish datamining?!

Edited by MilodicMellodi