New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nanima said:

I'm confused. Didn't you say when the New Year banner came out that they put in Camilla because she was more popular as a female?

I don't recall this at all, but my memory is rather terrible.

Camilla may have replaced Hinoka due to popularity, but Azura was still where the money was at.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Also if Intsys doesn't bother too much with female money makers, then why are you so confused over M!Robin being in despite not being waifu?

I don't recall being confused. I recall being disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Surely the prevalence of Dragon units would go down if the Wyrmslayer became an inheritable skill. We already have Ridersbane, sort of strange Wyrmslayer isn't a thing.

The prevalence of cavalry most certainly didn't go down after Zanbato, Ridersbane, and Keen Litrwolf were implemented.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Surely the prevalence of Dragon units would go down if the Wyrmslayer became an inheritable skill. We already have Ridersbane, sort of strange Wyrmslayer isn't a thing.

Is there a lance that slays dragons?

Seems odd that blue is the only colour that doesn't have a dragon effective weapon. Red has Falchion (they really timed the upcoming Falchion banner well with Grima) and Green has Naga/Divine Naga

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Is there a lance that slays dragons?

Seems odd that blue is the only colour that doesn't have a dragon effective weapon. Red has Falchion (they really timed the upcoming Falchion banner well with Grima) and Green has Naga/Divine Naga

Shadow Dragon has the Dragonpike.

Robin as dragon armor!

It's time to revenge Bow Lyn. She shut DC armor user for long time. Now Robin will wreck her for the sake of armor unit.

I won't draw any red orb for Celica. It's a hunch that she may demote to 4 star. Also I'm ready to fodder Robin for Vengeful fighter if he get bad IV. Hardin is not my favourite so I will fodder him too for delicious Bold Fighter.

Edited by Ginko

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely random note, Risen King Chrom and Berserk Ike and female Robin Grima when?

I want those two as well. People would probably complain about Chrom or Ike Emblem, but it’s a cool idea. And I get the feeling they would make Beserk Ike an armor.

There are other possibilities as well, such as puppet Julia, beserk Hector, beserk Tiki, puppet Ninian, crazed Corrin, deadlord Tharcia characters, Rigelian Alm...

6 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Depends on what units you have and your playstyle. I'm lacking Ninian so I've been using two reds with the Tikis and so far I've been fine. Falchion still isn't all that common and TA Nowi can deal with them just fine(I can't bait Alm, gotta get him in the player phase with Nowi).

Interesting about the Falchion situation.  That fact and your example composition certainly clears up some of my worries then. Thanks again for taking the time out for the explanations.

I'll be going in...!

Edited by OmNomNom

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted Thracia, but what disappoints me more is that mage Eirika wasn't a one off thing. The game has now proven that they are going to happily recycle characters already in the game without adding in enough new characters, nor will they dump any new 3-star characters to make up for the reskins either. We'll be lucky to get new, less popular characters at this rate.

I'll probably make a half-hearted attempt for at least one of them, but just ... ;/

I also was pissed off at mage Eirika as well but it had more to do with the unit being entirely nonsensical and non-canon. Personally, I just can't be about these new characters (or Radiant Dawn Ike) because they are significantly different alternates that exist in the games.

I don't see them in the same mold as Eirika. To me, she's still a one off thing.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely random note, Risen King Chrom and Berserk Ike and female Robin Grima when?

Eh Conqueror Mirage Chrom looks much better if we wanted an evilish Chrom. While the Berserk Ike idea is cool, the recent Cipher design belongs with the pile of corpses that he like his father before him would leave in his crazed wake.

Also, if Berserk Ike got in, don't forget he hired someone just in case that happened:

Spoiler

volke_en.png

...So should we expect Friend Slayer Marth (with Lightsphere skill)? Lover Savior Alm? You Love Me Deep Down Takumi Forrin (with Shadow Yato)? I WOULD NEVER SACRIFICE YOU! Chrom?

Pleh. We don't need any of those for a long long time.

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Every time I see this banner name I read, those who have fallen and can't get up 

Eclipse said the same thing earlier.

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Actually M!Robin and F!Robin do have different personalities. M!Robin is calmer and smarter, while F!Robin is more agressive. 

I'm not really criticizing you here and I mean this rather gently, but is there the possibility the same personality comes off differently depending on what sex you attach it to, due to subtly ingrained societal expectations of how we expect each sex to be? Even when there is no true difference?

OMG. I like LOVE THIS CONCEPT. But I hate Robin's art so much, omg. -_- I want to love it, because I'm obsessed with Robin, but I just really, really, hate that style of art. I appreciate the detail and stuff, but it makes me cringe. 

Celica looks SO GOOD. OMG. I want her and I DON'T need anymore Red's at all.

I'm sooo torn between pulling for Robin because I'm obsessed and GRIMA Robin is something I like .... desperately want. But his art hurts my eyes. But I love this concept, so I'm not complaining! 

Edited by Sunsurge

Robin's art is really not doing it for me.
Hardin and Celica look really good.
Not sure if I'll continue for the last LA unit or try for Hardin.
Lyn is limited but I like Hardin more.

Edited by Dengres

I'm glad Hardin finally got into the game. I was hoping for his Cavalier version, but this is still really good.

Robin/Grima looks like he's going to be completely broken. 16mt Lightning Breath +, Ignis activating every round if engaged at below 50%, and boosted BST from being an Armor, and maybe even more from being a dragon. Also, now dragon teams can run both dragon buffs and tactics. I don't have any tactic skills, but it could be neat.

I don't really care about Celica. She looks fine, but there are already so many infantry swords. I hate the idea of the Chill skills. You shouldn't be able to debuff from anywhere on the map just by having a unit alive, especially something like -7 Speed.

Takumi could be cool.

I was really looking forward to Thracia, but this is pretty good too.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The prevalence of cavalry most certainly didn't go down after Zanbato, Ridersbane, and Keen Litrwolf were implemented.

Sounds like they need to start making some better refinements for them.  Something beyond small stat boosts, so it doesn't feel like they're 100% specialized units that are only to be used in AA and PvE.  They're fine in the actual games since you can switch weapons mid map, but not so much here.

Hardin, yay!
The rest ... nay.

Celica is really perplexing since she won CYL as 1st place. Of course, we don't know how far IS plans ahead but still ... If they really wanted Echoes presentation Berkut would have been better since Puppet!Celica's relevance ... is pretty much none (ok, Berkut isn't better but still).
Same for Takumi though we don't know what kind of skills he will have.

Strange that Grima!Robin is male not female since she is only available as a GHB unit. Not to mention what happened with their policy lately to always include more female characters than male? Did the employee responsible for that get assassinated or something?

Hardin is really cool though since he is a major character in Mystery and his entire story works very well with his fall. The others in contrast are possessed beings which probably didn't agree with this treatment.
Makes me wonder how they are going to interact with the Summoner ... This is getting awkward really fast, huh?

Edited by Zeratul

Honestly I don't really care for the banner. Only character I'm familiar with and like is Celica, and she's another sword unit. Bold and vengeful fighter are skills I really want though, especially now that I'm taking my armor emblem team seriously.

2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I want possessed Delthea with a warping skill if we get more of these.

Celica should have had a warping skill. She was more of a witch than Echoes!Delthea. Would warping adjacent to any enemy be broken? Could at least given her Wings of Mercy.

2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I want possessed Delthea with a warping skill if we get more of these.

Celica should have had a warping skill. She was more of a witch than Echoes!Delthea. Would warping adjacent to any enemy be broken? Could at least given her Wings of Mercy.

3 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Hardin is really cool though since he is a major character in Mystery and his entire story works very well with his fall. The others in contrast are possessed beings which probably didn't agree with this treatment.

I'm not sure Hardin went "Yay Darksphere have my soul oh happy day!" It devoured his turban (aka the repository of his soul), he could not have been happy at all with that. Nor being used by Gharnef and having Nyna turned into Medeus's potential breakfast.