New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But Ishtar is overdue too. And only one can be the Gen 2 Genealogy GH- oh wait! This new banner invalidates the rules that, from the start with Eldigan and Reinhardt, were a little sketchy, which the BK weakened, and which Zelgius continued to deteriorate- that villains = GHB alone.

Unless you count this banner as an exception, there is nothing to say that G2G Banner 1 can't be Ishtar-Julius-Larcei (to pick a random third).

I don't think we'll get both Ishtar and Julius on one banner. When we inevitably get an FE4 Gen 2 banner, I'm guessing we'll get one or both of them as GHB/TT units, but I could see one of them being free and the other one being on the banner.

Larcei/Ced/Ishtar banner with Julius GHB would be cool.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is honestly a pretty cool idea, and wow Hardin is totally unexpected! Well it all is but him especially. I really want him and Robin, Celica would be a bonus but the others are cooler. Interesting that she, like Hector, is now a CYL winner who gets a second version soon after the poll is over that is basically what people predicted for the CYL versions in terms of unit type.

My thoughts on this...

Yay to again having a primarily male focussed banner.

Nay to being mostly repeats and alts, which again sounds the death knell of any hopes I have of my less popular favourites (Kent in particular) getting into the game, since they're far happier repeating popular characters.

Yay, however, to the first male breath unit. I've had no interest in dragon emblem until this point, given it's mostly lolis for the most powerful members... That being said, I plan to get Grima to use in my armour teams since I still have no plans for a dragon emblem team.

I'm sort of counting Grima as a new unit, though I wish they'd called him that instead of Robin... I still feel Celica and Takumi would be better as seasonal alts... and all would have been better on a Halloween banner...

Oh well. Trying to give up any hopes for future banners once and for all and just enjoy the content as it comes. I'll probably fail miserably and keep on complaining, though. It still feels like all the hopes I had at the start of the game have slowly been crashing down with every decision made (changing gender ratios in banners, increasing seasonal banners, decreasing characters on normal banners, adding seasonal characters to TT, reducing GHBs... adding alts into the normal summoning pool)... All of it adds up to make me say... bye less popular characters. IS doesn't care for you v.v

Before anyone says, yes, I'm aware it's a game and it's out to make money... but it feels like it's all too soon to start using alts and repeats. Plus the Eirika banner is still fresh and sore... since they already had Myrrh and L'arachel on that one, they could have added in a slightly less popular character (or a not entirely unpopular male character) to make up the numbers.

On the subject of the oc... Nice design - possibly one of my favourites so far, although I'd like to see some male ocs - preferably more along the lines of Bruno than Surtr. I have little hope even of that, though.  

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Think of it like Grima is corrupting him to the point of disfiguration (how else do you explain those pecks?). Maybe it will help.

LOL. But like actual disfiguration. I don't mind the body so much. It gives it this ethereal vibe almost. It's really just that weird ass face. It just looks so out of place. Especially considering I'd put him with LA!Hector/Eliwood, and I'm weird and like the artwork on my teams to match somewhat. >_>

I might just pull for Hardin's Bold Fighter actually. As much as I love Celica's artwork, I really, really have 0 use for another Red right now. Half my reds that aren't Joshua/Lucina don't even get used on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, Sunsurge said:

LOL. But like actual disfiguration. I don't mind the body so much. It gives it this ethereal vibe almost. It's really just that weird ass face. It just looks so out of place. Especially considering I'd put him with LA!Hector/Eliwood, and I'm weird and like the artwork on my teams to match somewhat. >_>

I might just pull for Hardin's Bold Fighter actually. As much as I love Celica's artwork, I really, really have 0 use for another Red right now. Half my reds that aren't Joshua/Lucina don't even get used on a consistent basis.

I actually don't mind the face that much. Really it's that chest that weirds me out. The hand is rather large too.

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

It was so funny that I had to change my profile pic to that. Now I wonder how C!Robin would look on Grima’s body

That is pretty neat to think about. What final boss is next? Anakos? Medues? Julius? I actually somewhat hope it’s Dragon Garon

Celica’s quotes will probably be one liners that basically say, “die.” As for Takumi, I have no idea.

Garon/Anankos and Ashnard would be my guesses for being next as there aren't that many villains in their respective games that would be prioritized over them, and they would be unique options for units that fans would pay attention to. Medeus and Julius I could also see from a unit perspective, but only after Gharnef and Ishtar/Travant respectively since I think IS would go for those villains first. 

Edited by Medeus

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow, Ashnard hasn't happened yet. Feels like he's already there for some reason. I'd almost expect them to have a regular and berserker version of him by now.

The BK hogged the PoR limelight Ashnard could have gotten in Heroes so far. Some would say this is also true of Ashnard and the BK in PoR, but thats besides the point.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Is there a non berserk version of the Mad King?

Well there is just mad, and then there is Zombie Face Berserk with marginally higher stats.

While Ashy would do great with Fury, life for power is a risk he'd bet on, I'd rather they try something new. Defiant Spectrum 3? Maybe an augmented Miracle that gives massive stat boosts for 1 turn after surviving a fatal hit? "Chaotic Rebirth", which be would be like the augmented Miracle in that it'd be a Special, but with an HP restore (perhaps from 1 to half of max HP) and some smaller overall stat boosts- a reference to fighting him on Hard/Maniac.

We can leave out the blessed armor immune to all but Ragnell and the strongest Laguz, or toss him Iote's Shield in the A slot.

Gurgurant the blade of regi-patricide would just get Distant Counter.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The BK hogged the PoR limelight Ashnard could have gotten in Heroes so far. Some would say this is also true of Ashnard and the BK in PoR, but thats besides the point.

Well there is just mad, and then there is Zombie Face Berserk with marginally higher stats.

While Ashy would do great with Fury, life for power is a risk he'd bet on, I'd rather they try something new. Defiant Spectrum 3? Maybe an augmented Miracle that gives massive stat boosts for 1 turn after surviving a fatal hit? "Chaotic Rebirth", which be would be like the augmented Miracle in that it'd be a Special, but with an HP restore (perhaps from 1 to half of max HP) and some smaller overall stat boosts- a reference to fighting him on Hard/Maniac.

We can leave out the blessed armor immune to all but Ragnell and the strongest Laguz, or toss him Iote's Shield in the A slot.

Gurgurant the blade of regi-patricide would just get Distant Counter.

Yeah, but two Black Knights before even one Ashnard? That just goes beyond the pale. Of course that's nothing compared to how disrespectful Leif not being playable yet. How is Reinhardt, someone who was around for one chapter, and yet Leif, both Lord of one game and major character of a second, not playable!? Course we I'm wanting to the choir. We all know it already and every decision IS makes without including Leif will continue to baffle.

Edited by Jotari

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, but two Black Knights before even one Ashnard? That just goes beyond the pale. Of course that's nothing compared to how disrespectful Leif not being playable yet. How is Reinhardt, someone who was around for one chapter, playable and yet Leif, both Lord of one game and major character of a second, not playable!? Course we I'm wanting to the choir. We all know it already and every decision IS makes without including Leif will continue to baffle.

Stuff happens in weird orders.

Some lord had to be the last one to be added, and Leif was the right choice. They've been spacing out the first full banners for different games, and we're still right off the heels of the FE10 one, so it's no surprise that they haven't done FE5 yet. Always gotta keep people looking forward to something.

I'm not interested in this banner, going to save up for that Legendary Heroes one (where I will come away with no 5* units yet again).  The crazy Celica scared the f*ck out of me, and Grima Robin's art is too distorted for me.  Never really felt strongly one way or another about Hardin, so meh.

15 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

...am I the only one who thinks Grima's art looks freaking badass? Honestly, the art style reminds me a bit of The World Ends With You and other SE stylizations.

No I love Grima's Heroes art, it is much better then C!Robin's and if I manage to pull him he going directly to my main team.

FH!Takumi's art:

Spoiler

iYofVzSVy6Jfjndov8eKSzwsrLIyVwEVXrZBTCBn

Also, apparently this is Skadi's effect:

Spoiler

"Effective against flying foes. Grants Speed +3. At the start of turn 3, foes within 3 columns centered on unit take 10 damage and bonuses become penalties through their next actions."

These effects are getting bonkers 0.0

Edited by Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

FH!Takumi's art:

Hide contents

iYofVzSVy6Jfjndov8eKSzwsrLIyVwEVXrZBTCBn

Also, apparently this is Skadi's effect:

Reveal hidden contents

"Effective against flying foes. Grants Speed +3. At the start of turn 3, foes within 3 columns centered on unit take 10 damage and bonuses become penalties through their next actions."

These effects are getting bonkers 0.0

Has the datamine already been done?