New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Eh I'd.say it's still too situational to use over a standard Brave Bow build. 

At least with the free copies, I'll actually be able to merge him up a little, over my OG Takumi, since I only ever got one of those.

Do you know who else has 31 Atk and access to Brave Bow+? +Atk Setsuna.

Yeah. I'm not feeling it.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you know who else has 31 Atk and access to Brave Bow+? +Atk Setsuna.

Yeah. I'm not feeling it.

And Setsuna is still able to beat multiple challenge maps with a Brave Bow build. A Brave Bow unit with a few dancers is all you need to beat most GHB on Infernal. It has amazing utility, especiall for setting up quad attacks. All of this it does reliably and not just on third turn when the stars/enemies happen to align just right.

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

And Setsuna is still able to beat multiple challenge maps with a Brave Bow build. A Brave Bow unit with a few dancers is all you need to beat most GHB on Infernal. It has amazing utility, especiall for setting up quad attacks.

Grand Hero Battles are not the Arena. PvE maps are a lot more lenient and allow for easier preparation.

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

All of this it does reliably and not just on third turn when the stars/enemies happen to align just right.

Do you realize that three columns is half the map?

And that Takumi can literally deal 40 damage to the enemy by simply standing around?

Edited by Ice Dragon

You can't tell me this game doesn't have some kind of built in desire detector after this... The only unit that interests me on this banner is Robin. I was ready to snipe green orbs, but I had six sessions in a row with no greens at all and was thus forced to choose different colors, and guess who I got in those six pulls? Both Celica AND Hardin! XD

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

I am very disappointed that possessed Takumi is just a slightly worse regular Takumi.. Really Intsys? Standard Takumi has already fallen down the Tier List, and now you just add another Takumi below that? What is even the point of this ghb? I know those units are never broken or top tier, but they could have at least addressed some of the issues OG Takumi has in order to make him a good if not amazing option again. At least give his bow a better effect than +3 Speed... They made him utterly pointless to use if you already have a regular Takumi, which most people do and most just use Brave Lyn or the other clowns added over last year as a better option. The only thing he'll likely be used for is skill inheritance. Does Intsys still live in April 2017 when Takumi was OP and they didn't want to power creep that? Seriously, as a Takumi fan this almost feels like an insult when comparing this to Grobin. 

I think P!Takumi is a very interesting unit. His unique weapon grants free damage  and panic ploy on 3 colums which is basicly unavoidable to take (1 or 2 units will be hit with it). I think this is a very interesting concept and Arena battles definitly last more then 2 turns.

Very interesting utility unit in my opinion, just like Arvis

The only problem i see is that it only activates on Turn 3, not every 3. turn (unless that is a false translation), So its one shot or nothing lol

Edited by Hilda

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Grand Hero Battles are not the Arena. PvE maps are a lot more lenient and allow for easier preparation.

And that Takumi can literally deal 40 damage to the enemy by simply standing around?

I think the point she's trying to get across is that a BB+ is, for all intents and purposes, much more practical than Skaddi, especially since Skaddi can cause skills like Desperation, Wings of Mercy, and Vantage to proc and has a high cool down time before its effect actually kicks in. 

Regardless, I'll probably still be keeping Skaddi on Takumi just for flavor and to differentiate him from my other archers. The effect is pretty nice and has a lot of useful application vs specific team comps (namely Armor emblem). His base skills (apparently Fury 3 and Speed Smoke 3) also have a wide range of useful applications and make him quite flexible in what he can do for a team.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Its nice, but the effect only triggers once on Turn 3. Thats it. Dont get me wrong letting it trigger every 3. turn with the full effect would be a bit OP because you could just kite around with a Dancer in your pocket. But the weapon would be more interesting and usefull if the added Panic Ploy effect would be permanent for the remaining match. Basicly ala: get your horses and fliers out of the space before turn 3 lulz

I just blew 160 orbs :sweatdrop:, I'm a poor example of self-control. I was able to get Hardin and Robin but I went 5 sessions without a green orb which was a pain in the neck. Every single time there's a green focus unit the green orbs disappear on me. I just love armor emblem too much to pass on these guys and I usually don't pull on legendary banners.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've been running brave bow builds in the arena for ages. They work perfectly fine. Maybe the atk deficit is a factor, but overall Brave Bows tear through everything that's not a DC Armour.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wait columns? I skipped over that and assumed it was cardinal directions like Panic Ploy. That's indeed better than I thought. Still you would have to have your units right on top of the enemy to properly capitalize on it before things go back to normal minus the 10HP. Every third turn would be better. (Provided the HP loss would cause stationary enemies to move, lest certain challenges become jokes)

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think P!Takumi is a very interesting unit. His unique weapon grants free damage  and panic ploy on 3 colums which is basicly unavoidable to take (1 or 2 units will be hit with it). I think this is a very interesting concept and Arena battles definitly last more then 2 turns.

Very interesting utility unit in my opinion, just like Arvis

Overall with the okayish Atk, P!Takumi has Skadi as his only niche over OG Takumi (besides better res), so that may as well stay on him. I guess I just wanted Takumi to climb the tier list again. Niche characters rarely do that.

15 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

has a high cool down time before its effect actually kicks in. 

The end of the second turn is typically right when the enemy is in range to engage in combat in the Arena. The beginning of the third turn is exactly the correct timing for a player-controlled Poison Strike and Panic that hits half the map.

It's actually even better in the mid-high range of the Arena where dual Rally and Tactic skills start becoming common among enemy units.

On the other hand, it's a rather weak weapon when under AI control. The beginning of the third enemy phase is too late for the effect to activate usefully.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I've been running brave bow builds in the arena for ages. They work perfectly fine. Maybe the atk deficit is a factor, but overall Brave Bows tear through everything that's not a DC Armour.

Not just Brave Bow+. I have no doubts that Brave Bow+ is a good weapon. I mean Brave Bow+ on an infantry unit with only 31 base Atk and 34 base Spd in a metagame that has increasingly bulky units (and maps with too many fortification tiles).

Kind of disappointing that Grima wasn't the perfectly well balanced unit that I was hoping for or that his BST wasn't 180~2000. Instead we got the highest Atk in the game via Atk Boon, which is alright, but an endgame god deserves that 180 BST imo, would've been cool to see that. 

21 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Kind of disappointing that Grima wasn't the perfectly well balanced unit that I was hoping for or that his BST wasn't 180~2000. Instead we got the highest Atk in the game via Atk Boon, which is alright, but an endgame god deserves that 180 BST imo, would've been cool to see that. 

Holy shit I didn't realize he got a superboon...I mean yeah it's Grima but WOW.

Bleh, 3* Nino, 4* male Corrin, 4* Gunter, and 4* Donnel from the first summoning session. Oh well.

As much as I want to pull for Robin and Hardin, Quick Riposte should be able to do the job for most armored units.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Bleh, 3* Nino, 4* male Corrin, 4* Gunter, and 4* Donnel from the first summoning session. Oh well.

As much as I want to pull for Robin and Hardin, Quick Riposte should be able to do the job for most armored units.

At least you didn't get 4 Berukas and a Gunter from a single 5-green banner.
I swear I'm fucking haunted...

I noticed something... interesting?

Both have equal growth points and equal lv1 base stat totals.

By 5* lv40, Robin has one extra BST over Hector unless Robin has a -Res nature.

The reason? Robin has a GP of 6 in Res while Hector has a GP of 4. Hector has 1 GP extra in HP and Defense (8 and 9 vs 7 and 8 respectively) compared to Robin, but Robin having a 6 over Hectors 4 puts him past the growth point growth that would result in a superboon/bane (GP 5 and GP6 have a difference of 3 compared to 2).

Interesting how the Growth Point distribution between two powerful units can have such an interesting final result just because one units GP are above a superboon/bane limit and the other is below...

@Ice DragonI kinda think the possessed pineapple should stick to Skadi. Setsuna is faster than Takumi with neutral speed, which means she can actually pull off 0x4 rather than pull off 0x4 on units slower than 29 speed. She also has far better availability over Takumi (being 3*-4* pull) and is more reasonable to make 5* merge 10. Besides, it's an interesting gimmick he has, inflicting harsh penalties on turn 3. I'd prefer letting him keep that gimmick over doing something another unit could do anyways.

Both can also run Firesweep if they want to.

Edited by Xenomata

I don't know why no one has mentioned this, but with three Skadis you can do a lot of damage. And then we'll get rerun with the fourth Skadi.

Edited by silveraura25

Managed to get Grima, as well as a 5* Soren. Soren doesn't seem very useful, I wonder if he'll get a unique weapon sometime.

Planning on pairing Grima with Zephiel.

15 minutes ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

I got pity broken at 4.25% by a Normal Celica after sniping only reds

Only Heroes could make me hate seeing Celica

You don't need to go for red. This Celica is the obvious choice for 4* demotion out of the three in this banner

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

You don't need to go for red. This Celica is the obvious choice for 4* demotion out of the three in this banner

Okay I really don't care about demotion since I hardly ever do pulls unless I really want the character and I really wanted Demon Celica

I'm a bit disappointed Takumi isn't an armored unit or even just has more to differentiate him from regular Takumi.

He does seem like a FUN unit though, and between that and his great art I'm definitely going to try and make him decent. I think his base kit with a breaker B slot and Atk Smoke seal will be what I go for. Special damage ability and double smoke seems interesting for support to make up for his lesser kill power compared to Bride Cordelia/typical BBow build archers. (I don't really want to turn him into just another one of those, myself. Especially when I already have Cordelia)

After 80 Orbs I got Hardin ... and Grima in the same session (I think I had 4% at that one).
Both are +Spd/-Atk.
Does that count as luck? That seems pretty awful for both of them.

Anyway while I will keep Hardin, I really don't have use for Grima so he is VF fodder for me (too many factors that make me dislike his inclusion).
I have BK who is pretty vanilla right now (only inherited Swap and Ward Armor), DC Effie with Berkut's Lance and WF, DC Sheena, Hector and of course Hardin.
Out of these Sheena has the least priority because she already has Quick Ripose 3. In a similar vein Hector has Armads and I think he wants Bold Fighter more for a better player phase.
So it's probably between BK and Hardin, I could choose. This Hardin is literally blue Sheena with more Spd and in-built DC. The slight issue is that both could take Steady Breath and VF doesn't stack with that.

Hm, decisions, decisions.

Edited by Zeratul