Conquest Sword Only Run

Zonotsage

So I decided to spice things up a bit and do a sword only run of conquest on lunatic, hard is significantly easier for this run which is why opted for this. I will make somewhat of a mini guide as I go through the run, as of writing this I am on chapter 18. Please feel free to give feedback and share your experience as I am by no means an expert at the game.

Rules:

• No DLC (Path bonuses are okay)
  • All attacking units must use swords (guard stance w/ a non sword wielding class is okay, as well as the use of healers and Azura with no weapons)
  • No use of online features (castles battles, bonuses, etc...)
  • Run begins on chapter 6

Throughout my trial runs there are a few things that I found make the run easier.

•  First is that Male Corrin is the way to go as Felicia's personal skill and demoiselle makes chapter 7 much easier
  • Having speed as Corrin's boon and the talent of samurai are very useful (personally I would not reclass Corrin until he gets Draconic Hex)
  • USE FELICIA!!! She is probably the best unit for most of the run, so reclass her to a Hero in Chapter 8 ASAP
  • Use your dread scrolls! It is very difficult to do this run without them on lunatic, I have yet to come up with a way to beat chapter 10 without using them

So onto the chapters

Chapter 6: Embrace The Dark

This chapter is fairly straight forward.

• Have Camilla activate the dragon vein then move Xander to her right. Then pair Felicia with Elise and move her above Xander then separate them , now he gets the bonus of Lily's poise, Rose's Thorns and Demoiselle
  • Kill Ryoma with Xander, do not worry about the other as Ryoma will only attack Xander
  • Use Corrin and Xander to take care of Takumi and Hinoka
  • Use Xander to kill Yukimura and you are done

Chapter 7: A Dragon's Decree

Things to do before starting: make a staff/weapon store; get path bonuses; use boots (optional); sell iron dagger, buy at least one vulnerary if you used the one form the tutorial chapters

This chapter is pretty much a race to kill as many faceless per turn as possible. Having a speed oriented Corrin is very useful here as it allows him to reliably double the faceless, making this chapter way easier. Also resist the urge to make Felicia a dreadfighter, you will regret it later on. 

• Pair up Felicia and Corrin and move them to the left. Separate them so that Corrin is able to be hit by both Faceless
  • Pair them back up and move Corrin towards the forrest so that he can be hit by all the Faceless except for the guard stance ones and use a vulnerary
  • Elise and Silas should arrive on turn 3. Pair them up and then separate them below the northern most woods tile. Move Corrin in place to be hit by the guard stance Faceless, the others should have be one rounded.
  • Move Corrin as far back as possible while still being able to be hit by the last faceless and separate him from Felicia. Have Silas finish of the faceless that attacked him. Pair up Arthur and Effie and move them as close to Silas as possible.
  • Move Arthur towards the bridge and them move Corrin next to him to block the path. Have Felicia heal Corrin and then move Silas behind the blockade. Have Elise heal Silas.
  • Have Silas transfer Effie to him and move Arthur as far back as possible. Heal Corrin with Felicia. At this point Corrin and Silas should be blocking the bridge in a staggered pattern with Felicia behind Corrin and Elise behind Silas.
  • Kill the seal speed faceless with Corrin and the other with Silas, do not break position though. Heal as needed
  • Kill the last faceless with Silas and move Felicia and Corrin back so that he is next to Silas.
  • Enjoy your one turn of no fighting and top off Corrin's and Silas' health
  • From this point just defend and heal top of their health, do not initiate battle with the boss faceless until he can be reliably one shot

More to come later~

Edited by Zonotsage

. . .eep.  This thing is a nightmare to read in Night Forest!

Anyway, your original topic is in the Let's Plays subforum, under General Gaming.  I'll lock this one, since you don't need two topics for the same thing!