The United Kingdom's great KFC chicken shortage of 2018.

Raven

I cannot think of a worse way for the United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to start their 2018.

KFC joints up and down the lands have had to close down due to a shortage of chicken for them to fry and sell. There's complete uproar over it; everything from villages to cities are locked down. And it won't be letting up for at least a week.

We've even had people saying that they've "had to go to Burger King" instead.

How has the Great British KFC chicken shortage affected you so far? What are your plans for the coming week to prepare for ongoing shortages?

6 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I'm more surprised that KFC can claim that they supply real chicken

Is it as bad there as it is said to be in the US?

oh, no, I guess I'll have to get Bojangles or Popeye's 

I never have liked KFC it is too pricey.  My family goes to Church's since it cost about $10 less for the family meal and the chicken tastes better to me.  

Of course I am in the US, so it does not really effect me, but yeah I would say go to another fried chicken place it will probably cost less and taste better.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Wouldn't this possibly be more suited for FFtF? It's news, but is dire/serious enough?

The only fried chicken I've had is the kind sold in supermarkets, not the best, but honestly not bad. For a somewhat irrational reason, I fear that if I order the real good stuff from a nice restaurant, the greasiness will cause digestive issues later, and I don't really want that if I'm doing some long daytrip. 

I'd want to try chicken and waffles, but the idea of sweet maple syrup coming into contact with savory chicken does not sit well with me. And there is little point in ordering it if I keep everything separate.

44 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Is it as bad there as it is said to be in the US?

I get the sense that American fast food chains have higher quality aboard, that was my impression from this little Travel Channel series called Fast Foods Gone Global I saw once. 

Now if you wanted real chaos, imagine Japan running out of KFC just before Christmas.

Well this is ...rather bizarre.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd want to try chicken and waffles, but the idea of sweet maple syrup coming into contact with savory chicken does not sit well with me. And there is little point in ordering it if I keep everything separate.

It's better than it sounds.  I personally like the sweet and salty taste.

It speaks volumes that as someone on the other side of the border I don't have to worry that I can't currently get KFC if I wanted to. Course, that was if I wanted to, I can literally think of only one place I could find it in this part of the country.

KFC is also not much of a good argument for a UI, but that's beside the point.

3 hours ago, Tryhard said:

I'm more surprised that KFC can claim that they supply real chicken

It's like McDonalds pointing to using Irish beef in their burgers here. The fast food chains tend to get their supply close to the market, so different standards apply depending on where they are selling.

I am lucky, it didn't affect the U.S. I hope that the KFCs over in the U.K. is going to be over soon, at least. Only if they imported their chicken, the shortage would of never happened. 

4 hours ago, SB. said:

You mean that it doesn't stand for Kentucky Fried Chorse?

KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it isn't living up to it's name due to the chicken shortage in the U.K.

7 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

I am lucky, it didn't affect the U.S. I hope that the KFCs over in the U.K. is going to be over soon, at least. Only if they imported their chicken, the shortage would of never happened.

But then the chicken is less fresh than it normally would be. Not that it's all that fresh to begin with.

After reading the BBC article, I'm leaving this topic right where this is.

DHL has a lot to answer for.  If they're the ones stuffing up the deliveries, it means there's a lot of raw chicken being wasted.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're really missing out, it's my favorite breakfast meal, though I only get it on special ocasions

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only fried chicken I've had is the kind sold in supermarkets, not the best, but honestly not bad. For a somewhat irrational reason, I fear that if I order the real good stuff from a nice restaurant, the greasiness will cause digestive issues later, and I don't really want that if I'm doing some long daytrip. 

Why don't you just plan on eating it on a day you'll be home?