Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

THANK ST. ELIMINE. I've been working on this silly GHB for the past few hours. And I FINALLY beat infernal. That was HARD. The first two difficulties were taxing enough, but I could have my bulkier characters do some tanking. Thanks, Adult Tiki! But Infernal had me stumped. BUT AT LONG LAST. I managed to beat it. Raven, Lucius, PA!Azura, and Azura. Raven with Galeforce is SUPER OP. 

Currently uploading my video to YouTube... It's probably going to take three hours. >.> And the sound still ended up wonky, but I don't wanna' record it again. XD

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally beat infernal. Used Airzura and Ninian double dance, both with wings of mercy, with Elise and Reinhardt as the offense. Basically ended up spamming gravity+ to slow the enemy's approach, especially the cavaliers while picking them off. Used blazing thunder as Rein's special as the vertical AoE pattern was really useful here. Hey, if the game is going to use cheap tactics like dazzling staff, well I say two can play at that game.

Edited by Korath88

Finally, I cleared it with flier emblem. The strategy was to have S!Camilla tank the right side (Raven tones are best tomes), while Nowi and Corrin picked off those who wanted to go to the right. The end was the trickiest, due to axe cav killing Camilla, and the two Takumi’s, but it was solved with Brash assault seal and Close def seal

Edit: Oh right, the team. PA!Azura, S!Corrin, S!Camilla, and H!Nowi

Edited by Poimagic

Properly built Brave (if necessary + Desperation/Brash Assualt seal) + dancers makes this quite easy, otherwise pretty dang infuriating without help of the youtubes. I went with Desperation/Brash Assault Bladetome S!Lucina for the Takumis, but I'm sure Braves work well as well. I dread the day I'll have to do these with Flier/Armor only (Horse should be fine, but who knows), but Youtube will save me again if needed.

I liked the challenge otherwise, but something about the energy consumption always rubs me the wrong way, generally forcing me to look up strategies way too soon. Even with a surplus of potions I just don't want to use too many any, lolz.

Holy crow that was tough... got lucky eventually and stumbled on a victory on infernal. 

I initially had chill speed 3 on Marth during my first clear so that taking out Takumi would be easier, I derped and forgot to put it back on him while recording but it turns out I didn't need it after all. :blink: Didn't need ploys on Kat either.

Units

Spoiler

ghb_fallentakumi_units.thumb.jpg.6219b6f3f080b638f434736768d49475.jpg

Video

Spoiler

@Roflolxp54 Thank you so much for sharing that video. I finally completed Infernal by also adapting from it.  Those Clerics were giving me so much Conquest PTSD :wacko:

I used +4 Jeorge (refined Parthia, Reposition, Blazing Flame, LoD, Desperation, Attack Smoke, Speed +3), LA!Lilina (Green Gift +, Drawback, Attack +3, Attack Tactic)  +1 Reinhardt and +1 Axura.

For me Jeorge and Reinhardt did most of heavy lifting. The refined Parthia + Attack Tactic worked out really well for me. On the first turn I was able to sent Jeorge down to take out both of the Clerics via  a dance. He's then capable of taking out one of the Takumis on enemy phase thanks to Attack Smoke. LA!Lilina was mostly there for Attack Tactic so her skillset was vanilla + Drawback. 

I can't imagine doing this map for GHB Elite. 

And here's my vid! @Zeo @mcsilas 
Raven (+10) [+SPD -RES] - Basilikos, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Drive SPD 2, Heavy Blade 3 (S-Support with Lucius)
Lucius (+3) [+ATK -HP] - Pain+ (Dazzling Refine), Physic+, Miracle, SPD+3, Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Squad Ace E 3
PA!Azura (+3) - WoM + Distant DEF Seal
Azura - WoM 

Note: My dancers ended up with weird builds because I kept trying different strategies. I think PA!Azura ended up benefiting from Distant DEF seal in the end. ALSO....the sound is wonky, and I'm too lazy to fix it. I think it's because my phone's "night time screen" came on while I was recording. 

We're not going to talk about how many stamina pots this took.... 

I think I will get the 3* version and wait for F2P videos to do the other 2 levels since from the looks of it this one will make pull my hair out if I don't.  I don't need to get stressed right now.

21 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think I will get the 3* version and wait for F2P videos to do the other 2 levels since from the looks of it this one will make pull my hair out if I don't.  I don't need to get stressed right now.

That is what I'm going to do. I might go insane if I keep trying...

This was pretty easy didnt first GHB i dont use stamina potions!

My Team:

Nowi +1: ignis, lightning breath def refine, steady breath 

Ninian: just dance and kill 1 swordie

Myrrh: distant counter, quick riposte 3, hone dragons, iote's shield seal.

LA Roy - standard brave bow+ set and  +attack 3 seal

Ninian and Myrrh storm left side while Nowi and Roy storm the left side.

Finally something to do for my Galeforce. Half of my Arena team (Cordelia and BH!Roy) plus NY!Azura and LA!Roy (Brave+). First I wanted to try Roy Emblem, but infantry Roy has the wrong color for this map. 

Double Roy killed everybody in the right side, Cordelia took the left side. At one point everybody's retreating back up, but in the end I could have killed the last evil Takumi in 4 different ways. 

Surprisingly no pots where used (usually it takes me some), I may try that map with another team after TTs end. 

@Arcanite @Vaximillian @Zeo @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy (Sorry if I missed anyone!)

So I haven't been active on SF lately, and I apologize for that... But a certain powercreeping pineapple just made things personal.

(I call this run: "Who's The One With Vengeance Now? Technically Still Takumi, But It's A Metaphor, Don't Think About It Too Much")

Of course, the sad truth is... Takumi would still have done better with an identical kit and similar merge and Support level. But that didn't make this any less satisfying to clear~

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

But that didn't make this any less satisfying to clear~

Takumi’s (superior) resistance only makes Clarisse stronger.

Edited by Vaximillian

18 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Of course, the sad truth is... Takumi would still have done better with an identical kit and similar merge and Support level. But that didn't make this any less satisfying to clear~

That's the point, is it not? You managed to clear this map even though there is a better option!

Still, well done. I have much trouble on the Lunatic maps, so I highly doubt I'll be able to take this one on in Infernal, let alone any map in Infernal.

I was looking around for two infernal clears because hell if I'm going to attempt them.

This one uses the Black Knight, Fjorm, 4* Olivia (+Spd, -Res), and 4* Wrys (+Spd, -Def). I think neutral Olivia and Wrys should work as Olivia doesn't take any hits and Wrys only takes one hit from the Windsweep thief. The Black Knight has QR1 and a Heavy Blade 3 seal, Fjorm has an Atk Ploy 2 seal, Olivia has a Drive Def 1 seal, and Wrys has no weapon equipped, Imbue equipped, and a Spur Res 2 seal. I think this might work with the Black Knight/Zelgius with Vengeful Fighter and possibly neutral vanguard Ike with a QR seal. Vanguard Ike will be available before the GHB ends and while he will have 7 less HP and 6 less defense (no Steady Stance 3) than the Black Knight, Radiant Aether might allow him to survive, but this could screw up some how Wrys is supposed to heal Ike. This features commentary, so skip ahead if you need to and if you do understand Japanese, maybe there's some things he said during the strategy that could be mentioned as well.

Spoiler

The second one uses 5* Klein (+Atk, -Res), 5* Lyon, 4* Olivia, and 5* Ursula. Klein has Wings of Mercy 2 and an Atk+1 seal, Lyon has Def+2, Bowbreaker 3, and a Distant Def 3 seal, Olivia has a Fortify Res 1 seal, and Ursula has Keen Blarwolf, Wings of Mercy 2, Threaten Atk 1, and an Atk+2 seal. This one also features commentary and I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if Klein needs to be +Atk or not.

Spoiler

Edited by Kaden

Got Lunatic after too many tries with 5* M!Robin, Sonya, BridLyn and 4* Olivia. M!Robin took out the bows and the healer, but Sonya was a surprisingly powerful unit, doling out good damage on the reinforcements including saving the run in the end from the red mage cav by 1-rounding it. Even Olivia did some damage.

Infernal I'll have to get round to, M!Robin won't take the clerics half as well in it and Dazzling staff is too powerful for defensive play.