Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Finally, I cleared it with flier emblem. The strategy was to have S!Camilla tank the right side (Raven tones are best tomes), while Nowi and Corrin picked off those who wanted to go to the right. The end was the trickiest, due to axe cav killing Camilla, and the two Takumi’s, but it was solved with Brash assault seal and Close def seal

Edit: Oh right, the team. PA!Azura, S!Corrin, S!Camilla, and H!Nowi

What were the builds and any merges?

Here's a third one using the Black Knight with a Threaten Spd 3 seal and a summoner C support, Fjorm with a Distant Def 3 seal, 4* Priscilla (+Atk, -Def) with a Drive Def 1 seal, and 4* Olivia (neutral) without a weapon and with a Hone Spd 3 seal. Priscilla's nature probably shouldn't matter.

Edited by Kaden

Welp, Lu Bu thrashed Infernal with his...Dr. Sakura Medical Team.

...Know what sucks?

You can build your loved units as far as you want, and yet they fail hard. Then you watch some memester with a team of healers, or some other guy with a Setsuna and 3 Olivias that don't even have weapons equipped, easily thrash them with no effort. It's depressing :(

Well, that worked for lunatic. I wondered if a 5* possessed Takumi could be used to complete his lunatic difficulty GHB. Knowing the reinforcements before hand just lead to me using Lukas for the left side and possessed Takumi for the right side with help from bride Lyn and Olivia. Team and skill inheritance: 5* Lukas (+Def, -Spd) with a defense refined Slaying Lance+, Guard 3, and a QR3 seal, bride Lyn (+Spd, -Res) with a Wrathful Staff refined Candlelight+, Rehabilitate+, Atk+3, Hone Atk 3, and a Drive Def 2 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with Wings of Mercy 3 which didn't get used, and 5* possessed Takumi with Desperation 3 and a Brash Assault 3 seal. Lukas only took damage from the lance cavalier (2x2) and from left side Takumi's Skadi effect. Yeah... :p

Infernal, however...

Edited by Kaden

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

To defeat the cheese, you must become the cheese:

You disgust me!

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

So I haven't been active on SF lately, and I apologize for that... But a certain powercreeping pineapple just made things personal.

That Res doesn't matter anyway.

54 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice run! Some tense moments there, I like the Initial D music as well, and nice only 5 more Kagero till +10.

Thanks! I don't pull Colorless that often, so honestly I'm surprised to already be at +5. I want Witch Celica to be my first +10 though...

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am getting the oceans grey hair trying to clear this with the askrtrio lol

This is fucking harder then Valter or Arvis ._.

Yeah, pure infantry is pretty hard, let alone Askrs. Keep at it.

Updated the strategy post with all the new vids. Great job everyone.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reinforcements and strategy post updated. I've been kinda slacking on this for a while now, but I put up links to references and member clears like I used to in the strategy post. Keep up the vids or detailed posts!

Speaking of, here's mine. I'm kinda proud of it, since it took me a while to figure out and I didn't use any bows or mages, so mass ping celebration. @Vaximillian @GuiltyLove @Arcanite @Rezzy @Zeo @Fei Mao @Alexmender @DefaultBeep

I guess I did use Firesweep Lance, which is a little bit unfair... But Firesweep Peri. Come on. @Ice Dragon

Congrats, I tried a few things before cheesing it with Bridelia and 3 Dancers.  Sothe having LaD3 at 4* was very nice.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

What were the builds and any merges?

No merges. The only thing is that the skills and such were very specific and depended on the Ivs. I doubt you could replicate my run, though I have a video and could show how I did it

Managed to do Lunatic by giving my Ayra Fortress Defence and spur defence with Arvis, Fjorm+5 and Axezura. Ayra was able to tank all the physical attacks from both Takumis after Fjorm took out the blue lance cav, Arvis provided debuffs and healing, and Azura winged of mercy and buffed when I needed her. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@DefaultBeep welcome back! Don't worry about powercreep, that Takumi looks like a mess, nobody would choose him over Clarisse's locks. 

Great clear btw., she one-rounds ravenmages like nothing. 

Yeah, Takumi is looking a bit messy lately. Being possessed is no excuse for having such unkempt hair.

Thanks! Taking down the -raven mage was the biggest surprise for me on this one, honestly. I thought it'd take way more tries to take the mage down, but she handled it fine right from the start. Certainly made things easier at the end!

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That Res doesn't matter anyway.

Tell that to the pain in my heart :(

After spectacularly failing way more no-inheritance attempts than I’d like to admit, I ended up going with a CQ theme team featuring none other than Corrin (Fateful Princess), plus three of the “great gods of Conquest” (sure, Azura’s got an Axe and Leo’s on a horse, but whatever). I totally stole that engage-both-Takumis-on-T1 strat for this.

Spoiler

Wow this GHB has been the hardest to me and used like 3 potions to clear it in infernal, but finally I did it.

Here's my team:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180224-195126.png

2 ranged healer with double drive

Screenshot_20180224-195133.png

Wow just about now I noticed 9999 SP on her. Basically here to clear reds and provide Armor March.

Screenshot_20180224-195139.png

The tank that takes whatever on him.

Screenshot_20180224-195145.png

My quick riposte unit with dragon powers.

I don't have a turn by turn strat but here I go:

First turn I group my units in a T inverted form with Lyn in the middle, Hector left, Robin right, Genny up. The T is oriented to the right. End turn, cavs move up and reinforcement appears.

Next turn, Lyn moves left and one rounds mercenary, Hector swaps, Robin and Genny move one tile left. During enemy phase, slow cleric hits hector, bow cav dies on Lyn, blue mage dies on Robin, lance cav hits hector and survives, gravity cleric heals cav. Reinforcements appear.

(Had to do the strat again to refresh my thoughts :P: )

3rd turn, lyn moves 2 spaces right and one rounds swd wyvern, Robin swaps next to her, Hector moves right and sticks to lyn. Genny chip heals Robin. On enemy phase, panic poison stuff strikes, green mage does 17 dmg~ to robin and he counter ignis kills it, lance cav dies on bonfire Hector. More enemies approach and cavs appear.

4th turn, hector moves 2 spaces and hits ninja, genny heals Hector, Lyn finishes the ninja and Robin swaps genny to keep the armor march chain. On EP, clerics attack and dudes approach. Takumis go right and red cav clears the right wall.

5th turn, genny heals Robin, Robin moves a bit to the right, Hector bonfires gravity cleric and Lyn sticks to robin. On EP, the first Takumi dies on Robin thanks to Drive Def, Distant Def and Vengeful Fighter, axe cav hits hector, slow cleric heals axe cav, the other takumi moves up and red cav attack the upper wall.

6th turn, hector bonfire kills the axe cav, lyn moves left next to hector, genny heals robin (defiant atk helps the heal job), robin sticks to lyn. On EP, cleric dumbly attacks hector and removes his wary fighter status, takumi shamelessly attemps to kill hector but he answers with a fiery bonfire counterkill (62dmg goad and support from help here), red cav moves up to the anti cav tile.

7th and final turn, lyn deletes the red cav, robin clears genny's healing space and moves next to hector, genny heals hector and he hits the slow cleric. On EP, cleric hits hector.

8th turn, hector bonfire kills the cleric.

Oof

Hope this helps!

Just a tad late, but here we are.

@Ginko That team was seriously putting in work. I loved seeing Shiro tank with Steady Breath and Aether, and it's pretty cool to see LA!Roy using Bonfire. Mine uses Iceberg due to being +RES/-DEF, it's funny that he can run either depending on his nature. Was a pretty great clear. Seeing that Shiro only makes me want to build the same thing but with Lukas.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Never been a big fan of Firesweep weapons but this was a pretty good example of why to run them. I also loved seeing Kagero basically OHKO any infantry she touches. It's been a long time since I've used her and that one looks all but optimized. Got particularly clutch there near the end though. I'm noticing a reccuring theme of this GHB is to squeeze out every ounce of bulk and HP you have here. You made good use of everyone's defenses, even the dancers.

@Rafiel's Aria Man I want a Raven so bad. See, this clear was a prime example of how simple awesome Aether or Galeforce can be. I don't have any Galeforce units and the only Aether units I have are Chrom and the 3 Ikes. I really need to build some personalized units of death. You made great use of Raven's defenses even with the double LnD. Nothing even needs to be said for the offenses. Everything he touches dies and that's about it. You also made great use of everyone's HP, even the dancers. It's also pretty refreshing seeing someone else run a healer also. They're still rare to see in people's runs of stuff. 

@DefaultBeep Good to see you, it's been a while. Clarisse honestly really makes me jealous. Seeing her be able to tank better and dish out more damage than Matthew despite having a similar gameplan is pretty crazy. Aether is also fantastic and you're making me want to give it to Matt more and more. What I watched here is ultimately what I love doing with Matt but can't do all the time. Having him tank virtually everything and destroy everything as well. He can't quite do that like she can, and considering she has a ceiling on her merges, that's pretty remarkable.  Great stuff as always.

@eclipse @Johann @Rezzy @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Vaximillian @Nosmur @DarkLordIvy @Hilda @mcsilas

As for me, this one was pretty tough. Second only to Valter. The only difference was this didn't frustrate me, not in the least. It was incredibly fun figuring out how to beat it and I knew I could. Tried out a few different builds and this map actually tested the limits of my Matthew's bulk and forced me to do a DEF refine on his weapon of all things. That and a few seal swaps were the true key to victory. I actually ended up giving Inigo Gronnraven+ during my attempts to beat it, didn't end up needing it so that was kind of a waste but you never know when you'll need it in the future so those 20k feathers weren't completely wasted. 

Ayra was a key player for this one. I wanted to beat the Takumis with Matt and he could kill them with the right setup but he was a bit too occupied this time around. Ayra was the MVP of this run if anything. Took about half a dozen potions or a little less but I regret nothing. Could have slayed it faster with a meta team but where's the fun in that? No regrets. 

Enjoy the show.

Edited by Zeo

I managed to clear all maps thanks to youtube I still used about 5 stamina pots since my units did not have the same IVs as the video and I had to sub my PA!Inigo for his mom to get the AI to go the way I needed it to.  The infernal team was BK with armor boots, brave Lyn with desperation 2 and brash assault 2 SS, Wrys with WoM 1, spur atk 2 and hone spd 1 SS and PA!Inigo with drive def 1 SS.  Everyone is arranged at the start to buff BK, then Lyn and Wrys take out the wall and BK takes out the next wall and is danced and takes out one healer, next turn Lyn takes out the dracoknight is danced and takes out the blue mage, BK is healed and takes out one Takumi, turn 3 Lyn takes out the green mage then is danced and attacks the sword infantry then BK warps and finishes them off Wrys wraps out of the way behind everyone, turn 4 Wrys heals BK and Lyn is moved above BK Inigo dances Wrys out of Takumi's way, turn 5 Lyn takes out the last Takumi BK moves in front of her then Lyn is danced and takes out the red mage and Wrys warps and heals her, turn 6 is the last and BK attacks the dagger user then is danced and finishes him off and the battle is won.  Youtube gave me the team idea, but I spent a lot of stamina trying to find the right dancer and unit placement since my Olivia would not work because she is merged and the lance cav would attack her instead of going after the BK.

Edited by EricaofRenais

45 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Just a tad late, but here we are.

@Ginko That team was seriously putting in work. I loved seeing Shiro tank with Steady Breath and Aether, and it's pretty cool to see LA!Roy using Bonfire. Mine uses Iceberg due to being +RES/-DEF, it's funny that he can run either depending on his nature. Was a pretty great clear. Seeing that Shiro only makes me want to build the same thing but with Lukas.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Never been a big fan of Firesweep weapons but this was a pretty good example of why to run them. I also loved seeing Kagero basically OHKO any infantry she touches. It's been a long time since I've used her and that one looks all but optimized. Got particularly clutch there near the end though. I'm noticing a reccuring theme of this GHB is to squeeze out every ounce of bulk and HP you have here. You made good use of everyone's defenses, even the dancers.

@Rafiel's Aria Man I want a Raven so bad. See, this clear was a prime example of how simple awesome Aether or Galeforce can be. I don't have any Galeforce units and the only Aether units I have are Chrom and the 3 Ikes. I really need to build some personalized units of death. You made great use of Raven's defenses even with the double LnD. Nothing even needs to be said for the offenses. Everything he touches dies and that's about it. You also made great use of everyone's HP, even the dancers. It's also pretty refreshing seeing someone else run a healer also. They're still rare to see in people's runs of stuff. 

@DefaultBeep Good to see you, it's been a while. Clarisse honestly really makes me jealous. Seeing her be able to tank better and dish out more damage than Matthew despite having a similar gameplan is pretty crazy. Aether is also fantastic and you're making me want to give it to Matt more and more. What I watched here is ultimately what I love doing with Matt but can't do all the time. Having him tank virtually everything and destroy everything as well. He can't quite do that like she can, and considering she has a ceiling on her merges, that's pretty remarkable.  Great stuff as always.

@eclipse @Johann @Rezzy @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Vaximillian @Nosmur @DarkLordIvy @Hilda @mcsilas

As for me, this one was pretty tough. Second only to Valter. The only difference was this didn't frustrate me, not in the least. It was incredibly fun figuring out how to beat it and I knew I could. Tried out a few different builds and this map actually tested the limits of my Matthew's bulk and forced me to do a DEF refine on his weapon of all things. That and a few seal swaps were the true key to victory. I actually ended up giving Inigo Gronnraven+ during my attempts to beat it, didn't end up needing it so that was kind of a waste but you never know when you'll need it in the future so those 20k feathers weren't completely wasted. 

Ayra was a key player for this one. I wanted to beat the Takumis with Matt and he could kill them with the right setup but he was a bit too occupied this time around. Ayra was the MVP of this run if anything. Took about half a dozen potions or a little less but I regret nothing. Could have slayed it faster with a meta team but where's the fun in that? No regrets. 

Enjoy the show.

Nice to see good triumph over the power of emo.